The Official NHL 2007-08 Season Topic of Excellence

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!

Re: The Official NHL 2007-08 Season Topic of Excellence

Postby Swordfish » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:02 pm UTC

mathmagic wrote:Let's not forget Crosby's playoff debut last season, when they were dispatched in 5 games by the Sens. The Caps are a good young team with potential, but they need another year to gel and mature.

In all honesty, I'd go so far to as to say that it's unfair to expect that kid, a playoff rookie, to carry the team. I think Federov really should have stepped up, he's probably got more playoff experience than the rest of the Capital's bench put together.
"If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke." Stephen Colbert

Mathmagic
It's not as cool as that Criss Angel stuff.

Re: The Official NHL 2007-08 Season Topic of Excellence

Postby Mathmagic » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:31 pm UTC

Swordfish wrote:
mathmagic wrote:Let's not forget Crosby's playoff debut last season, when they were dispatched in 5 games by the Sens. The Caps are a good young team with potential, but they need another year to gel and mature.

In all honesty, I'd go so far to as to say that it's unfair to expect that kid, a playoff rookie, to carry the team. I think Federov really should have stepped up, he's probably got more playoff experience than the rest of the Capital's bench put together.

I'll draw another parallel here: think of the vets the Pens had last year. Recchi, Roberts, Leclair. It's not about the experience, it's about the experience AND the chemistry of the team.
Axman: That, and have you played DX 10 games? It's like having your corneas swabbed with clits made out of morphine.
Pathway: cocks cocks cocks

Return to “General”