Actual Drnukenness!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Re: Actual Drnukenness!

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:37 am UTC

I went to Hokonui today, which is supposed to be the southmost distellary in earth. Their moonshine is yum. I should have bought some.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Schol-R-LEA

Intoxicat[ed|ing] natterings

Postby Schol-R-LEA » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:29 am UTC

So... if Randall were to pour a Budweiser into a glass, would it turn into a session IPA?

Spoiler:
(For those who fail to get it, I recommend doing a search on 'randallizer'. Also, this comment apparently is only definitely bounded on one end.]

Note to self: don't ignore posting rules in your first post. D'oh!

Plasma Man
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Postby Plasma Man » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:00 pm UTC

Went to the beer festival today. Drank 9 pints in 11 hours. Home safe now. That is all.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

Fractal_Tangent
Today is my Birthday!

Postby Fractal_Tangent » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:10 am UTC

Sir Plasma Man: Superhero!
eSOANEM wrote:
right now, that means it's Nazi punching time.

she/her/hers
=]

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:51 pm UTC

A couple of high school classmates showed up, we bummed around town for a while and then sat down on the porch for a couple drinks.
I'm unpleasantly like drunk right now. Kind of drowsy and clumsy, that's how it goes if I drink slowly.
I'm gonne go sleep now.
—◯-◯

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:22 am UTC

One time I got totally drunk out of my mind and did questionable things with my makeup. I had to clean it off my walls when I woke up the next morning. No hangover thanks be for the Goddesses. Then other times I get drunk and go out in public to get taken advantage of and giggle drunkenly while they do it. Being drunk makes me a lot more confident and sexier to people it seems. Worrying....
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:12 pm UTC

Not sexier to others. Same amount of sexy.

Just less likely to say no.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:22 pm UTC

Okay. Then we can drink two big bottles of rum and vomit on each other like I've done. Is that sexy drunk lady for you lads and lasses?
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:38 pm UTC

I do know people in to that.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:27 am UTC

I actually hate being drunk most of the time. It feels freeing and at the same time constricting. Like I'm fighting to regain control of my body after it was taken away. And people say I always without fail get too drunk. I've missed appointments because of Real Drunkenness and made a fool trashy slut of myself because of it. Drinking is fun AND sucks at the same time yay! But I never get hangovers for some reason.... Dunno why? And when I get high on drugs people don't even notice except to say I seem "Bubblier" but then when I get drunk EVERYBODY NOTICES. Strangeness.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:11 am UTC

The store has these tiny, hard alcohol bottles, for a dollar, and I keep seeing them and thinking that seems like a responsible amount. but it's actually kind of difficult to estimate
the amount of drunkenness of
... 100 ml (two, tiny, plastic bottels) of vodka in 355ml of glass bottle orange soda.
which, this is kind of not quite as drunk as i want to be, but also
do I need to be drunk? was this a good choice? I wanted to feel Sleepy, but I mostly feel like Playing Minecraft.
or like... I want to get more drunk, and hang out with some dogs.

A week and a half ago I tried half a melatonin and a glass of really bad box wine, and it was like trying to arange your house in a bethesda game. My coordination went weird, like I put my toothbrush in my mouth and then the tooth brush hit the bathroom mirror, and it took me three tries to pick up my face moisturizer.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:11 am UTC

The store has these tiny, hard alcohol bottles, for a dollar, and I keep seeing them and thinking that seems like a responsible amount. but it's actually kind of difficult to estimate
the amount of drunkenness of
... 100 ml (two, tiny, plastic bottels) of vodka in 355ml of glass bottle orange soda.
which, this is kind of not quite as drunk as i want to be, but also
do I need to be drunk? was this a good choice? I wanted to feel Sleepy, but I mostly feel like Playing Minecraft.
or like... I want to get more drunk, and hang out with some dogs.

A week and a half ago I tried half a melatonin and a glass of really bad box wine, and it was like trying to arange your house in a bethesda game. My coordination went weird, like I put my toothbrush in my mouth and then the tooth brush hit the bathroom mirror, and it took me three tries to pick up my face moisturizer.

ivnja
The spirit of things can bugger right off.

Postby ivnja » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:46 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:The store has these tiny, hard alcohol bottles, for a dollar, and I keep seeing them and thinking that seems like a responsible amount. but it's actually kind of difficult to estimate the amount of drunkenness of ... 100 ml (two, tiny, plastic bottels)

In New England, we call those nips. A standard (if not "official," outside of Utah) shot in the US is 1.5 oz, or 44 ml, so your two nips were about two and a quarter shots.

The problem with them is that while they're a good responsible amount if you're at home, and great for sampling different types of alcohol, they get used a lot for on-the-go drunk driving :/ Little Fireball bottles all over the sides of some roadways up here, and it's become a political issue over what to do about it. Maine's governor has taken the opportunity to throw a bit of a pissyfit over the whole thing, as is his wont.
Hi you.
she/her

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:36 am UTC

ivnja wrote:A standard (if not "official," outside of Utah) shot in the US is 1.5 oz, or 44 ml, so your two nips were about two and a quarter shots.
... between 2.27 and 2.2 shots depending on your significant figures? I was under the impression each nip bottle was supposed to be roughly a shot. (I'm presently not drunk, but I've just a little out of it today. I'm going to blame barometric pressure changes effecting my temperamental sinuses)

I'm not sure how well I do at gauging my own level of drunkness. I have one or a few drinks maybe every other week. Two nips of vodka felt a bit less, on the get me drunk level, than a large, restaurant beer, which is a step down from an individual carton of wine.

I kind of want to drink more often, but a lot of the process around it is a bring down.
"Plastic bottle hard liquor" is like a 4 word depressing story.

nicholasbrooks

Postby nicholasbrooks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:19 pm UTC

I mean they have those in the US too. Mostly used for traveling on planes and enjoying a jack and coke :) i thought they were more like 2 shots per bottle though

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:55 am UTC

More data points
tried it again and I"m feeling a lot mroe "two drinks drunk"
turns out (I knew this already) makes a big difference if there's food in me before I start drinking.

rum and coke is alright.
nicholasbrooks wrote:I mean they have those in the US too.

I am in the US, Utah and "New England" are as well.

I don't actually know how to relate "40% alcohol" to my lived experiences.

what's the way to order a "jack and coke" if I don't actually care about the brand of either of those things?

... ... pinterest sucks. I'm watching Japanology on youtube and i'm so glad the internet brought this to me.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 am UTC

I find that when I create an alcohol/soda mix I have to bomb out the alcohol w/a ton a ton of sodas to... not get a terrible tastes in my mouth. And nothing can mask what vodka tastes like to me. Alcohol has such a strong taste... it's a huge barrier to entry, 'cause the tastes alone make me wanna vomiting kinda... and... I don't wanna drink too much 'cause it creeps up on me and by the time I realize I drank too much it's too late? Uh-oh now Ginger's in troubles again. </3

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:30 pm UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:what's the way to order a "jack and coke" if I don't actually care about the brand of either of those things?

Bourbon and cola? Jack isn't technically a bourbon but close enough.
Or, if you really want to flaunt the devil-may-care attitude, go for RC and SoCo.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:08 pm UTC

Pappy and Sam's Choice Cola

Because that bartender will NEVER forget you.

If you don't know what Pappy Van Winkle or Sam's Choice Cola is.... imagine someone ordered a pound of caviar to be served on kerosene soaked white bread. That's what that order is.

Though in fairness, any sentence that starts with "Pappy and..." and the rest of it doesn't describe either the glass or a separate drink, you're doing that anyway.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 pm UTC

recipe I found online for one of my favorite drinks, which I wishes... had a diff. name.

Spoiler:
Screwdriver recipe.

Inspired Taste.net wrote:You Will Need

• 1 cup vodka
  • 1 1/2 cups orange juice
  • Orange slices
  • Ice

Directions:

(a.) Divide ice between 4 glasses. Add vodka and orange juice to a pitcher and stir. Pour over ice. Alternatively, instead of using a pitcher, divide the vodka and orange juice between 4 glasses — Each glass should have 2 ounces of vodka and about 3 ounces of orange juice.

(b.) Stir well then place a few orange wedges into the middle of the glass.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:32 am UTC

.... "Pappy" is kind of a ridiculous sounding name. My brother thought "Wild Turkey" was made up when we saw it in the background of an anime. (it was either Trigun or Baccano)

cephalopod9 wrote:I don't actually know how to relate "40% alcohol" to my lived experiences.
seriously, why is
12% alcohole, 160ml plastic mini bottle sangria hittin' me way harder than ... 100 ml of 40% alcohol nip drink.
i forgot to do the math before I started drinking.
Also,
red wine, le croix, lemon and lime juice, and strawbery slices.
Strawberries are really good.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:26 pm UTC

Whistlepig is even weirder, because their logo has a pig, instead of a groundhog, and a groundhog is a whistlepig.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:20 am UTC

I know one called like Irish Death or something? So... if you're Irish you die when you drink it? Or it was made in Ireland and import to USA? Or redheaded Irish girls really shouldn't drink Irish Death or they might do something scandalous?

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:44 pm UTC

Ginger wrote:recipe I found online for one of my favorite drinks, which I wishes... had a diff. name.

Spoiler:
Screwdriver recipe.

Inspired Taste.net wrote:You Will Need

• 1 cup vodka
  • 1 1/2 cups orange juice
  • Orange slices
  • Ice

Directions:

(a.) Divide ice between 4 glasses. Add vodka and orange juice to a pitcher and stir. Pour over ice. Alternatively, instead of using a pitcher, divide the vodka and orange juice between 4 glasses — Each glass should have 2 ounces of vodka and about 3 ounces of orange juice.

(b.) Stir well then place a few orange wedges into the middle of the glass.

If you like a screwdriver, you should try a fuzzy navel*, especially if you like sweet.

4 parts orange juice
1 part vodka
1 part peach schnapps

This also covers up for crappy orange juice, which always tastes bitter to me.

*called a hairy navel in some places, in these places a fuzzy navel only contains schnapps and orange juice. I've seen it done both ways in the wild, and when I worked bartender, I would always ask if they wanted it with vodka or without when a customer asked for of these, because of the confusion between the two.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:16 am UTC

I enjoy your stories about bar tending, and your drinks recipes. Very good. I would be less embarrassed to order this drink for sure.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:32 pm UTC

I get drunk so rarely, I might as well take every opportunity to post here. Although I'm not quite drunk I think, but I rarely get more drunk than this. I really shouldn't have had that second spritzer,
On the plus side, I got me a book about reel-to-reel repair.
—◯-◯

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:35 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:On the plus side, I got me a book about reel-to-reel repair.
#madlads
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
somitomi wrote:On the plus side, I got me a book about reel-to-reel repair.
#madlads

What's that?
—◯-◯

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:41 pm UTC

any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
----

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:41 pm UTC

Meme of people acting like they've done something a lot more crazy/daring than they have, essentially.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
----

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:Meme of people acting like they've done something a lot more crazy/daring than they have, essentially.

I see. Yeah, I can see how it applies to me.
*hides in shame*
—◯-◯

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 pm UTC

Why is the formatting at the bottom of this page broken?

Drunkenness?
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
----

Sizik

Postby Sizik » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:36 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:Why is the formatting at the bottom of this page broken?

Drunkenness?

Freezeblade's and Ginger's posts have mismatched quote/spoiler tags.
gmalivuk wrote:
King Author wrote:If space (rather, distance) is an illusion, it'd be possible for one meta-me to experience both body's sensory inputs.
Yes. And if wishes were horses, wishing wells would fill up very quickly with drowned horses.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:31 pm UTC

Ah, I see.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
----

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 pm UTC

Sizik wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Why is the formatting at the bottom of this page broken?

Drunkenness?

Freezeblade's and Ginger's posts have mismatched quote/spoiler tags.

Feel free to report that for someone to fix.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:43 am UTC

It seems to be working now, anyway.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
----

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:52 pm UTC

Yes. Because I fixed it.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:58 pm UTC

Nice.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
----

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:37 am UTC

I haven't had a drink in a bit ( Like a month and a half? i think) and I got myself a tequila and soda, and it's so good right now.

I started making croissant dough at 1:30 am,
and now i'm watching film critique youtube vlog, and this one is about 50 Shades Of Grey.

Today I had kind of a bastard of a time not succeeding in driving myself to Phoenix Comic Fest, and I can't remember the last time i slept well.

chunky glass cup, sugar rimmed, ice lemon and lime juice , seltzer and $11 Jose Cuervo
I made it myself for me.

i might have way over done the yeast in my croissant dough, and i have half as much the good kind of butter as the recipe calls for (but i have lots of store brand regular butter because it was on sale).
maybe i will microwave a macaroni and eat it in bed.

Return to “General”