Actual Drnukenness!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Mumpy

Re: Actual Drnukenness!

Postby Mumpy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 am UTC

Don't forget to grab a couple of pints of water! Thas what I'm doing now....

Bah, that was 12hrs ago. ok. I hope you didn't forget water! otherwise today may not have been the bestest, I recks my flatmate might have an interesting one tomorrow.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:29 am UTC

Ok, not exactly drunk, but having a friend to have completely open-hearted, (half-)drunk discussions with is awesome!

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:34 am UTC

Carlington (The Aussie) wrote:First time drinking.
Wtf kind of Aussie are you?
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 am UTC

Yeah... I'm pretty drunk. That was a strange bike home.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Dark567
First one to notify the boards of Rick and Morty Season 3
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Postby Dark567 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:32 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Yeah... I'm pretty drunk. That was a strange bike home.

FYI in a lot of states you can get arrested for that.
I apologize, 90% of the time I write on the Fora I am intoxicated.

Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:55 pm UTC

Dark567 wrote:

Over here they can arrest you and take your driver's license. Never once happened to me, and I'm above the legal limit on my bike at least 1-2 times a week

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:34 pm UTC

Dark567 wrote:

Yeah, I know.
It's one of those activities that I feel places no one but myself at danger (if done as responsibly as I can do it), so I deem it worth the risk. I wouldn't drive drunk, ever, but find biking drunk to be AOk. If I'm swerving, I walk my bike.

I road through the local cemetery to get home, and it was very dark. It's weird whistling or quacking or singing as you ride to alert animals/zombies in the road, and hoping that shadows are just shadows, and not potholes.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

mercutio_stencil

Postby mercutio_stencil » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:
Dark567 wrote:

Yeah, I know.
It's one of those activities that I feel places no one but myself at danger (if done as responsibly as I can do it), so I deem it worth the risk. I wouldn't drive drunk, ever, but find biking drunk to be AOk. If I'm swerving, I walk my bike.

I road through the local cemetery to get home, and it was very dark. It's weird whistling or quacking or singing as you ride to alert animals/zombies in the road, and hoping that shadows are just shadows, and not potholes.

I try to follow the "Break one law" approach; if you're only breaking one law at a time, you're probably safe, but if you start to break a second, that's when you get in trouble. I live in a place where bicycle related infractions are a common occurrence, and I've known more than one person to get a "Bui," but the worst I've ever had is a warning for running a stop sign with ear muffs on (The cop thought they were head phones, hence two broken laws. When I explained that they just keep my ears warm, he let me go.)

Then again, common sense prevails, and if you have to ask 'is this a good idea' it probably isn't.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:50 pm UTC

Current Mood : Yay, Drinking!
Immediate Future Mood : Yay! More Drinking? Yes! Google Hangout? Maybe!
Later Future Mood : Yay! Drunken Shower!
Later Later Future Mood : This looks like a job for MORE SLEEP!
Later Later Later Future Mood : Ssnnnnaarrrrkggmgmgmblalamblbmbmbmmmmsleepmmamgaagggmmmmmm.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:40 am UTC

You know the best thing about being a physics student? Lectures at 9.
Wait.
Huh, I guess getting pretty drunk wasn't a good idea then.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:40 am UTC

Yeah, thank FSM I haven't got any physics stuff till Friday.

Also: I don't know whether I should bother having a shower tonight. On the one hand, I smell bad. On the other, I don't have any soap or shampoo or basically anything other than deodorant, and I'm planning on buying all that tomorrow. Hmm...
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:42 am UTC

Drnuk! It's been so long. But when your awesome officemate goes on holiday tour and bequeaths you her leftover orange juice, but you don't really drink orange juice, what do you do? Tha't right, you mix cocktails. First I made a mokney gland (well sort of, if you count imitation grenadine-flavoured cordial for grenadine and bottled orange juice for orange juice), ot was actually pretty good. I put a wseet garnish of a toothpick-speared twist, but you couldn't see it for all the pink. Then I made a Bronx (my first). It was OK but the monkey gland was better. man there should be more monkey glands, i know like two places that know how to make one, another place was willing to make it when i told 'em how, and another place (twice!) patronsingly suggested that maybe it was a house cocktail at wherever i had it IT"S A GODAMN CLASSIC MOTHREFUCKER and that's my favourite restaurant too :( They make the best food ever I mean EVER, but they are arseholes about cocktails. This one dude wanted to know what gin i wanted in my martini, I mean dude if I give a shit I'll say. So anyway I was like whatever, make it Tanq 10. ANd he's like, really? are you sure? And I'm like dude you fucking asked, why are you arguing, just get me a goddamn martini. Well i didn't say that bu I should have. I really wante d to make a blood and sand tonight but i have nothing resembling cherry brandy. I did watch some doctor who, i'm so glad i finally started on that because it's awesome. lots of planets have a north!
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:28 pm UTC

Hi thread! Howe are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Worst thing is, though I'm most definitely in the catsagorey of actual drunkneess I still feel cripplingly tired, so I stay in.

Edit: for those interested, and even those not, lectures are still at 999999999999999999999.

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:15 pm UTC

Scrumpy: stronger than you I think it is. Also: fuck yeah, 9am lecture canceled tomoroww! Nothing till 11!
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:09 am UTC

Sorry to double post (honesly, I think it'l be triple post by the ned fo tje night), bu5... actually I forot my point. Carry on...

(Avatar by Sungura)

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:51 am UTC

Ko[parberg: cost £3.80 here
Good scrumpy: costs £3.20 here

YeH, duck you, I'm frunick scrumpy!

Qnd in town irt's e ven cheaper! Fck yah1, F)t will have to show me round a bit more.

(Avatar by Sungura)

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:43 am UTC

Mumpy wrote:Edit: for those interested, and even those not, lectures are still at 999999999999999999999.

This made me laugh so hard!
Ptolom wrote:penis

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 am UTC

It did not make my lecturer laugh. Hoo boy.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:46 pm UTC

Hahaha! Oh wow... "Lectures are still at niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!"

Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:09 am UTC

I didn't feel like I'd had that much to drink.. but then I lioked down and thought I had 8 toes?
I was at a metal gig tonight. I haven't listenged to metal in about 2 years i think. It was WONDERFUl. Three bands, Exit State headlining, Engines of Vengance supporting, and.. another band that were sadly not very good as support support. I recommend both the good ones to you all.. but given that they were playing to like <100 of us I'm not sure how available they might be on the internet. The lead singer of Engines of Vengance.. fit as you like. I wihs I'd had the guts to talk to her :( Unforunately I made something of a fool of myself in a mosh, i got thrown into a speaker which tore through my one and only jumper (also my tshirt and my skin)... i think gigs are better when after them you can chill with the band.
e^ipietc: where the devil are you that you get good cider for 3 quid? goddamn the cheapest pint of magners i can get here is £3.50, and soimething like scrumpy jack is going to be even more.

TYo folow ST: fuck yeah drinking!
Tomorr ow mood: fuck yeah [ub quiz and more drinkin!
mondat morning mood: why did i drinking :(

fiora, remind me that i'm owed 4 pints by a dutch friend

goodnight!

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:28 am UTC

Windowlicker wrote:e^ipietc: where the devil are you that you get good cider for 3 quid? goddamn the cheapest pint of magners i can get here is £3.50, and soimething like scrumpy jack is going to be even more

Oh, yeah, that post was obviously made while a bit drunk. It was mean to read:

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Kopparberg: costs £3.80 here
Good scrumpy: costs £3.20 here

Yeah, fuck you, I'm drinking scrumpy!

And in town it's even cheaper! Fuck yeah, F_T will have to show me around a bit more.

But yeah, I'm in Lancaster, specifically at the uni. And, as I said above, it's bound to be cheaper in town. The supermarket on campus charges about a pound less for the Kopparberg, and while I haven't bought much else from there I imagine it's also cheaper for most other things. And even then, most people think they overcharge a bit.

(Avatar by Sungura)

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:36 am UTC

Oh, and the particular cider I'm talking about is Old Rosie. I personally think Thatchers Gold is perhaps slightly better, but I have only been drinking for about two weeks. By which I mean "drinking consistently" rather than "PARTYIN' PARTYIN' YEAH" as I did occasionally in the US.

(Avatar by Sungura)

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:37 am UTC

And by "drinking consistently" I mean "going out fairly often with my friends just to have a drink and talk and whatever".

...yeah, I think I'll just go to bed now.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:43 am UTC

Cheaper in town.. man I wish I had that sort of option. Damn you, tiny town! I#'e heard that the tesco here is the 2tnd most expensive in the whole of the uk or something like that, but righ tnow i can't find any sources to back me up. The only thing I know about Lancaster is.. that's where Exit State are from (apparently). I got charged >£4.50 for a pint of guinness once...
Have any of you ever been at a gig where a band hasn't said something along the liens of "this is the best place we've ever gigged" or "you're the best fans" or something like that? It always soudns so bullshit.

For some reason, being drunk makes me want to just tell people stuff. i'm fighting myself incredibly hard to stop me from going through my facebook friendslist and just posting "goddamn, i fancy the pants off you" to a whole bunch of people. like.. man, there are a buttload of incredibly attractive people in my past.

i shall also go to bed now, before more things go wrong.

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:53 am UTC

Oh yeah, I meant to ask that. Do you guys (English people) only use the word fancy as a verb for, you know, really liking someone or whatever? (I hesitate to use the word 'love'... crush?) For instance, could I say "Yeah, I quite fancy [person]" and just mean as friends?

(Avatar by Sungura)

Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:03 am UTC

Not being english, I am hesistant to answer the question, but I'll work on it anyway:
i think it's.. to be taken on a case-to-case basis. In most cases (certainly everyone that I would say it to on facebook) it's just a sort of.. 'you are pretty hot, yeah' sort of thing. I think fancy and crush have fairly similar implications. You can be friends with someone you fancy, and you can fancy someone you're not friends with. But i think if you say you fancy someone, you show an interest in something past basic friendship, at least. You could think someone is attractive without fancying them, perhaps.
Although, admitting you 'fancy' someone might be quite a big deal. Maybe less so when you're an adult, but certainly amongst teens, publicly fancying someone is.. going to be spoken about.
But I'm probably not the best source for this, I tend to fancy.. anyone with a pulse. Crazy days.

Edit a little: Say for these people on facebook, it's like.. I will talk to them as a friend, but there will always be a part of me that has the kind of childlike pulling-hair because I like you behind it. Maybe I'll not comment on something that I normally would because I feel like it would be.. too in-your-face/obvious? Even pointless things I'll just be like.. okay, I'll keep that to myslef. I dunno. Hot people. Scary.

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:12 am UTC

Hmm, alright. What about among people who aren't annoying prats? Because I'm actively avoiding some of my flatmates for being assholes and only hanging out with the two I actually like.

And I guess the real reason I'm asking is because I met a girl who I quite like. I mean, we've only met maybe... four or so times (and even then only mostly because we're both physics so we've seem each other in lectures). And certainly I think we'll make good friends, but I obviously don't know her well enough to say if I like her more than that. And I wanted to know if the word fancy was approbriate or not. Sounds like not.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:25 am UTC

Aah, flatmates. So much drama all the time...

From that brief description, I would.. probably say that you do fancy her, actually. My other description is not very good, I think it's more of an innate understanding of what I mean. Maybe it would be easier to say that since you're thinking about her when she's not actually in front of you, you fancy her? I'm not really sure. I only have my fairly specific middle-class Aberdonian upbringing to fall back on, fancying someone might mean something totally different in Lancaster.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:49 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:And certainly I think we'll make good friends, but I obviously don't know her well enough to say if I like her more than that. And I wanted to know if the word fancy was approbriate or not. Sounds like not.

Prettymuch No.
Fancy is just about the same as 'have a crush on'. To say to someone, "You know, I quite fancy you" couldn't even be passed off as a joke/friendly thing, in the same way as "I love you" could.

In other news, Merrydown is a cider widely available in supermarkets in the U.K. If you see it, and are a student, get it. £2.50ish for 750ml of 7%+ is the cheapest prelash I've ever enjoyed (Yes it's really rather good).

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:04 am UTC

Hmm, alright, thanks guys. Thinking about it a bit more, I am going with "I'm just happy to meet nice people since some of my flatmates are assholes. Additionally, all of the people I've met who aren't assholes are either male or taken." I mean, she said she's not really a fan of Pratchett. Clearly she's a heathen!

(Avatar by Sungura)

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:30 am UTC

A) I Hope my flatmates still like me. B) I Hope i manche +to get to my lectupe.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:32 am UTC

Ok. That was awesome. Had a fun time in the city. When I got home, I had a drunk discussion about doing (at least) my internship at Yale. Documents were sent. I eagerly await results

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:40 am UTC

Peoples! I r drunk! and it is fun but maybe everyone else went to bed.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

icanus

Postby icanus » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:00 pm UTC

Brew your own beer! it'll be a laugh. It was. It also left me sitting idle with all the necessary the equipment to make my very own 15.5% abv cider from sainsbury's value apple juice. Who's laughing now? Me, 'cos I'm pissed up on cider that costs 34p a pint to make....

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:43 am UTC

MistaJam is something else! There was a crowd of only about 150, when he's used to thousands, and he was still amazing. I could tell he was bored by the end, but fair play, there wasn't enough people to give back.

Shouldna played that last song though. /musicsnob

torontoraptor

Postby torontoraptor » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:13 am UTC

I did well on my midterm. :D :D :D :D :D And its chgeap highballer night,. Those were some tasty rye and guinegers. Anfd pitcher of strongbow. Fuck spellling. Fuck yah circuit analyssi!
Promicin wrote:Now if I can just grab on with my tongue-like foot... wait. I am not a mussel.

pseudoidiot wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:fucking owls is enjoyable.
Someone should sig this

nehpest

Postby nehpest » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:54 pm UTC

torontoraptor wrote:Fuck yah circuit analyssi!

DRUNKS SPEAK TRUTH.
Kewangji wrote:Someone told me I need to stop being so arrogant. Like I'd care about their plebeian opinions.

blag

mercutio_stencil

Postby mercutio_stencil » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:53 pm UTC

I haven't had any booze, but I have drunk enough coffee that I'm having trouble seeing straight, and everything feels fuzzy and warm.

Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:38 am UTC

HAlloaaaaa fora! Why do I keep getting drunk on thursdayS? I know i always have lectures at 9 on tfridasy. Also it's only when i'm drunk htath the whole backspace = = caps lock thing hits me.
anywqay, i guess i know there's a link like drunk = lack of cotnrol or whatever, but still.. shoudln't I have some left? Not even a little bit? I know ONE line about my past will change every singel conversation I have with anyone in the future, but I still can't stop it from coming out. i mean really, i don't want to tell people, i know i wouldn't want people to hear it, but.. damn. At least I have over a week before i see those people again.
also i know one of my exes may or may not be engaged. I know you're probably reading this. I know you read my message but didn't reply. Come on, if it's true, you at least owe it to me to tell me. You fucking hated the idea of marriage when we were going out. So, will you tell me it's just the idea of marrying me that is appalling, or will you explain why you've suddenly changed your mind from "facebook relationship statuses don't matter" to... well, whatever would change to this? Seriously like. Don't be a bitch.

Sorry fora, I should sleep now.

Edit: dear fora, i have decided to stay up all night and not sleep. Tomorrow will be a happy day. ps: do hangovers still happen when you fight through the drunkenness?
Edit 2 (4am): nope, not staying up. Goodnight!

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:38 am UTC

Windowlicker wrote:HAlloaaaaa fora! Why do I keep getting drunk on thursdayS? I know i always have lectures at 9 on tfridasy. Also it's only when i'm drunk htath the whole backspace = = caps lock thing hits me.
anywqay, i guess i know there's a link like drunk = lack of cotnrol or whatever, but still.. shoudln't I have some left? Not even a little bit? I know ONE line about my past will change every singel conversation I have with anyone in the future, but I still can't stop it from coming out. i mean really, i don't want to tell people, i know i wouldn't want people to hear it, but.. damn. At least I have over a week before i see those people again.
also i know one of my exes may or may not be engaged. I know you're probably reading this. I know you read my message but didn't reply. Come on, if it's true, you at least owe it to me to tell me. You fucking hated the idea of marriage when we were going out. So, will you tell me it's just the idea of marrying me that is appalling, or will you explain why you've suddenly changed your mind from "facebook relationship statuses don't matter" to... well, whatever would change to this? Seriously like. Don't be a bitch.

Sorry fora, I should sleep now.

Edit: dear fora, i have decided to stay up all night and not sleep. Tomorrow will be a happy day. ps: do hangovers still happen when you fight through the drunkenness?
Edit 2 (4am): nope, not staying up. Goodnight!

Beside the fact that your final Edit made me laugh out loud (and that your post in general was very amusing), I heartily agree that, as you put it, she shouldn't "be a bitch".
Happy lectures. :wink:

Return to “General”