donations - organs, fluids, cells, etc

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Dream
WINNING

Re: donations - organs, fluids, cells, etc

Postby Dream » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:27 pm UTC

The only reason I don't donate is that I had a heart condition when I was 19 or 20 that makes donating unwise. Under other circumstances, I would donate as much as they would let me.

About organ donation, I don't plan on dying any time soon, and so haven't thought about it very much. I will probably sign up, unless something about my lifestyle makes the organs unusable.
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.

btilly

Postby btilly » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:32 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:Secondly, one of the questions on the blood donor application is "have you ever had homosexual sexual relations or with someone who has themselves" (or something like that). If you have, they won't take your donation. It's also the same if you've had a tattoo, I think. Does that exist in other countries too? Since I'm gay but a virgin I'm not lying but after I sleep with someone I think I'll start to lie.

In the USA and Canada they just ask whether you've had a homosexual encounter and won't let you donate if you have.

I don't know if the rules are different for women. Probably they are because AIDS risk is tied to anal sex.
Some of us exist to find out what can and can't be done.

Others exist to hold the beer.

Brontide

Postby Brontide » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:21 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:Two questions:
First, in Israel, the organ donor card serves only as a written statement that that's what you want. It has no legal significance and your family still must approve of the donation. Is it the same in other countries?

Secondly, one of the questions on the blood donor application is "have you ever had homosexual sexual relations or with someone who has themselves" (or something like that). If you have, they won't take your donation. It's also the same if you've had a tattoo, I think. Does that exist in other countries too?

You can't even obtain an organ donor card in New Zealand - they put it on your driver's licence, and I don't have one. It's the same story here with family having the say though, anyway. I've made it known to my family that I wish to be an organ donor and am confident they would respect my wishes, but I still don't like this set-up. I remember filling in an online petition to change this but don't think anything has happened about it - they mentioned cases where some old aunt can come along and say they don't want the person's body to be used for organ donation despite their wishes, and because of that it can't.
http://www.donor.co.nz/donor/donate/how_to.php

And yep, they have the homosexual relations question for blood donations here too. Also I believe that people who were in the UK at a certain time or something are unable to donate due to the risk of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. (One of my friends is thus doubly-unable to donate). We are also only able to donate once every 3 months, and it's definitely unpaid (which I think is a good thing, they get enough people) but we do get the good old watery-juice and biscuits (sometimes even marmite and cheese crackers...!!) and are forced to sit around for about 15mins to make sure we aren't going to faint or something. Our blood website is kinda interesting in that it shows the frequency of the blood groups in the NZ donor population: http://www.nzblood.co.nz/?t=31 They also used to have a graph of which blood-types were most needed for donations at the time, but I don't know where it's gone :?

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:39 pm UTC

I'm battling with myself, resisting the urge to respond seriously with "thats pretty gay".

d'oh!

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:44 pm UTC

I'm planning to give blood once I turn 17 (legal lower limit), and will carry a donor card whenever I get around to getting myself one. I'm not sure about the Catholic view on these things (and will be going to bed in about 3 minutes, so can't look up right now), so I'm unsure as to the loudness of objections of my (fairly religious) family per organ donations - I know that giving blood'd be fine, though. I actually have a friend with his birthday the day before mine, so we're planning to go to the donor clinic together at some point.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

DuSTman

Postby DuSTman » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:00 pm UTC

This is kindof an odd question, as it's kind of difficult to predict what technology will be like when I die (yes, I know it could be tomorrow, that's part of the unpredictability).

My plans at present are to upload my brain into a neural net simulator, as I suspect the technology will be quite practical by that point. As for my body, it'd be kind of amusing to diddle with my old bod from the warmth and mechanical comfort of my new robotic manifestation, with the diamond-tipped claws that can rip tank armor.

Another thing to consider is to donate my body to necrophilia.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:57 am UTC

DuSTman wrote:Another thing to consider is to donate my body to necrophilia.

sooo what do you look like?

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

gtg947h

Postby gtg947h » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:08 am UTC

So how exactly does one go about donating sperm for money?

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:13 am UTC

So you wanna donate sperm.

Congratulations, you just forced a mental conflict between my desire to provide information, and my strenuous objection to sperm donation and fertility treatments in general, on principle.

Information won.

Fucker.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:22 am UTC

The principle being that it reduces evolutionary pressure against infertility?

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:27 am UTC

The principle being that we have too many idiots as it is.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Chocceh

Postby Chocceh » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:28 am UTC

Birdman wrote:The principle being that it reduces evolutionary pressure against infertility?

I should hope not, because that doesn't even make sense.

(That was a joke, right? Unless I'm missing something, in which case, uhh, nevermind, I'm making a joke too.)

But if I recall correctly he said something about it being better to adopt than make even more kids if you can't already. Which I can agree with.
Okay

Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank

Postby Berengal » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:06 am UTC

btilly wrote:I don't know if the rules are different for women. Probably they are because AIDS risk is tied to anal sex.

In Norway at least it's not. It IS because of the anal sex thingy, so should be different for women, but the rules don't differentiate between sexes.
I know this because I know a bi girl who went to donate blood, but got rejected because of this. The local lesbian conclave got wind of this and for a while the whole folk high school was abuzz with angry lesbian (and pretend-lesbian) feminists. This garnered a good laugh among me and my non-stereotypical lesbian friends (including the original girl in question).
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

German Sausage
3 of 5

Postby German Sausage » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:05 am UTC

Hawknc wrote:DUDE. I've never been given a milkshake. But then, I've only donated when it comes around to uni, so maybe they don't have room for the milkshake machine.

the place in southbank is really good, nathan. not that its such an issue to a married man, but there are a few very attractive nurses there as well...

Cheese wrote:I'm not sure about the Catholic view on these things (and will be going to bed in about 3 minutes, so can't look up right now), so I'm unsure as to the loudness of objections of my (fairly religious) family per organ donations

if they decide they don't approve, after you are dead, they get the final say on what happens to your organs. its a shame, but it is assumed that if you have a change of heart you would discuss it with family and that they would be the best informed of your wishes.
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank

Postby Berengal » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:00 am UTC

Unless you leave a note saying "don't listen to my family as far as my wishes about organ donation is concerned, because they strongly disagree with my views", I suppose.
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Adalwolf

Postby Adalwolf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:17 pm UTC

I don't plan on donating anything when I die. Its my body, and I don't want it mutilated. I've *sold* plasma, not donated it. Makes for nice beer money in college. I would only consider giving an organ to a family member or close friend.
Live with passion. Die with passion.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:26 pm UTC

looked up egg donation yesterday.

JESUS WTF?! there better be some fucking huge compensation for what you have to go through for this... not to mention the requirements to even sign up. O_o

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:32 pm UTC

I think you generally get paid $4000-7000 for egg donation, so yeah, there's compensation, but yeah, it's quite the process. Even if I wanted to donate eggs, I think I'm considered too short and fat to even be allowed to. :?
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:30 pm UTC

yeah... i was looking over the requirements and i'm like huh. well 10 pounds from now i'll be in good shape... i'm tallish... but. Gah. eeeh. thats a lot of work. and i dont think i could give myself injections =( i think for $4000 i could handle it though.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:31 am UTC

I used to donate blood regularly, but then my blood-iron levels dropped a lot and I stopped going. One of my friends went to donate, and they tested her iron, and she was advised to go see a doctor immediately. Turns out that anaemic and female isn't the best combination for a vegetarian.

New Zealand law prevents gay and English people from donating blood, as well as those who have been to certain countries recently. And drug users, especially heroin. And sick people.

Brontide wrote:You can't even obtain an organ donor card in New Zealand - they put it on your driver's licence, and I don't have one. It's the same story here with family having the say though, anyway. I've made it known to my family that I wish to be an organ donor and am confident they would respect my wishes, but I still don't like this set-up.

I have a driver's licence, and am a donor, and my parents and family know that I want to donate. Most of them are organ donors too. The issue is that there are only certain circumstances that they can take your organs in. I think (think) that you have to be alive, but brain-dead. So barring a horrible accident, organs usually go to dirt, unless you've specified to be used for medical experiments.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:10 am UTC

I don't make the weight requirement to donate blood. This makes me sad, as I like helping people. I'd also gladly donate a few of my bazillion eggs, but I, too, believe we should work harder on adopting the kids we've got rather than making new designer babies.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:45 am UTC

I donate blood regularly, and plasma, didn't know there was a choise to just donate one of them. After having beeing in the operationg room on 4 diffrent occasions, (for 4 totally unrelated issues too) it seems like the right thing to do. I'll be donating everything there is to donate of me to MEDICINE Science will take what scraps are left, will probably not donate my bones to science my near and dear might want something to Burn and Toss.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Chocceh

Postby Chocceh » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:59 am UTC

Yeah, you should make sure you know what your body will be used for. I don't want my skin to be used to pump up some guy's penis, etc. I read this book a while ago, and it has some of the more interesting uses for bodies. A recommended read for anyone who wants to donate anything after they've died.
Okay

aetherson

Postby aetherson » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:37 am UTC

While I have attempted to donate blood (ignoring the fainting bit) on many occasions since high school, I have yet to be able to do it since then.
Mostly i've been turned down because I travel a bit and they don't like it when you tell them that you have recently been to third world countries. Also, the number of tattoos I have make it difficult. This goes for selling plasma as well.
parkaboy: you'll need to be aware of that. Certain plasma clinics will be a bit stingy on accepting/ paying for plasma depending on how long it's been since your last tattoo.

On donating: i've told the family that i'd like to give what I can to medicine and please cremate the rest. Btw, a Living Will is a good way to specify your wishes if you live in the USA.

On fertility type donations: Adopt. Although, if Idiocracy is being listened to, we'll need more XKCD genes in the pool to stave off society's crumble into moronity for a few more years...
01001101 01100001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01001100 01101111 01101111 01101011 00100001

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:42 am UTC

I almost donated to a relative I had never met, and never did it.

I dont really feel too bad about it, mostly because I was afraid because I had never been in an emergency room and hate all forms of pain.

In fact, I have never given blood either. Does that make me a bad person?

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:22 am UTC

aetherson wrote:While I have attempted to donate blood (ignoring the fainting bit) on many occasions since high school, I have yet to be able to do it since then.
Mostly i've been turned down because I travel a bit and they don't like it when you tell them that you have recently been to third world countries. Also, the number of tattoos I have make it difficult. This goes for selling plasma as well.
parkaboy: you'll need to be aware of that. Certain plasma clinics will be a bit stingy on accepting/ paying for plasma depending on how long it's been since your last tattoo.

On donating: i've told the family that i'd like to give what I can to medicine and please cremate the rest. Btw, a Living Will is a good way to specify your wishes if you live in the USA.

On fertility type donations: Adopt. Although, if Idiocracy is being listened to, we'll need more XKCD genes in the pool to stave off society's crumble into moronity for a few more years...

yeah i'm aware of that. its been nearly 3 years. =(

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:10 pm UTC

I used to give blood, but I got too anaemic and after a while they decided I was no longer allowed. But because I'm on the bone marrow registry, the blood bank has my details, and they still call/mail me every other month to ask if I can come in and give blood. Me: "No, you guys won't let me anymore." Them: "Oops, sorry, I'll remove you from our records." Then the next month it happens again. I don't get mad like I would for other types of spam because I know they really need the blood.

I'm also on the organ donor registry. I won't need that stuff once I'm gone.
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:29 pm UTC

I want to be an organ donor when I die. My mom's response to this was "no, I will be upset enough without having to bury you knowing that underneath you have been hacked to pieces!". She doesn't recycle either. Hmph.

Now I'm married though and Hubby knows what I want and will oblige. I also want to be buried in the ground (not a casket) and turned into a tree like parkaboy but there aren't any green cemeteries in the UK yet and I'm having more trouble convincing loved ones of this route. I definitely don't want a big, expensive, showy, POINTLESS thing. I won't be here anymore, what's the point? Not so keen on donating to science but I wouldn't come back and haunt the medical students for all eternity due to minding so much, either.

I am a bad person when it comes to blood though. My veins are very deep and just drawing vials of blood is extremely traumatic for me. I didn't even make it inside the donation centre at uni. The smell made me nausious. The thought makes me rile. I have B+ so it's a pretty common type; if I was something like O- I may have reconsidered. Don't really know.

I would donate blood, organs, whatever they needed to loved ones or even good aquantances in a heartbeat though.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:07 pm UTC

The way I see donating organs: I'm dead. I have no use for them, or for a casket and a burial plot and a tombstone for that matter. When I die, I want the loot I drop being put to good use, so to speak, and I have no plans to waste space and money by being buried.

aetherson

Postby aetherson » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:16 pm UTC

Then that may be long enough.
I was once told five years. But that seemed a bit absurd.
The same plasma clinic later told me both 18 months.
I am guessing that as long as you're not foaming at the mouth, you should be OK.
01001101 01100001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01001100 01101111 01101111 01101011 00100001

Chocceh

Postby Chocceh » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:31 pm UTC

Moo wrote:I want to be an organ donor when I die. My mom's response to this was "no, I will be upset enough without having to bury you knowing that underneath you have been hacked to pieces!". She doesn't recycle either. Hmph.

Eugh... I would make sure there's no way she can interfere with your wishes.

Moo wrote:I also want to be buried in the ground (not a casket) and turned into a tree like parkaboy but there aren't any green cemeteries in the UK yet and I'm having more trouble convincing loved ones of this route.

Green cemeteries? That sounds interesting, but I'm pretty sure that in the US there are tons of legal restrictions about what you can and can't do with a body. I'll have to go elsewhere for that... but then again, location might be a little more important to me. Apparently to get around this and still follow Jewish and US law, they ("they" being Jews, of course) drill holes in the bottom of the casket. I'll have to look this up later, so don't take my word for it.
Okay

AbNo

Postby AbNo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:37 am UTC

parkaboy wrote:Plasma donation: "do good for the medical field" or "Hell through a needle"?

Eh, neutral. I've been doing this for a few months, but I believe I am going to stop, as it's been making the insides of my elbows (the extraction site) hurt quite a bit.

It feels like a bit of strain in and around the tendons and ligaments in my elbow.

Keep in mind, I'm 6'4", about 200 pounds, so I'm a guy with a bit of a slight build. I also have a minor case of Marfan Syndrome, so my joints aren't as... robust as they could be.

I, personally, would say go for it for a while, you might enjoy it, and it's a great excuse to be left alone for an hour to do some reading. ("Sorry, phones aren't allowed around the machinery, I have to go.") I think my build, and recent lack of activity (as well as some various injuries I've had) may be contributing to this, and, as with many cases of Intarweb Advicetm, YMMV.

The place I go also gives you a bit of cash ($20, then $40 for two visits per week)
Darwin was right, but nanny-staters keep trying to undermine him

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:57 am UTC

Chocceh wrote:Eugh... I would make sure there's no way she can interfere with your wishes.
Oh she's not really so bad that I'd have to make legal provision to not let her near my corpse. And she gets that it's what I want and hubby's decision to let me have those wishes not hers.

Chocceh wrote:Green cemeteries?
I'm so glad you asked, because in searching for a link for you I have found there are indeed several green cemeteries in the UK. Caskets are a go but they are made from biodegradable material and there are no headstones; instead it will be allowed to eventually turn into woodland. The ones I had a quick look at are either Christian or non-religious sites though - although now I've started wondering if I want to be buried in England or my home country. Gah, people are never bloody satisfied are they.
Links here and here.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Savoy_Truffle

Postby Savoy_Truffle » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:56 pm UTC

gtg947h wrote:I just got back from giving blood. Whole donations only, please; double-red, platelets, or plasma exceed my "sit-in-one-place-doing-nothing" limit, especially if I can't move my arms. My blood is O+, and supposedly I'm missing some antibody, which means that my blood can be used for newborns. I get calls every day after I'm eligible to donate again, until I go bleed again.

Me too :D .

I enjoy giving blood, but I've run into the problem of giving blood to two organizations -- the Red Cross and my school's hospital's blood center. Thus, I get double the calls, and if I donate to one, the other doesn't know that I've been recently sucked dry, so even donating doesn't really placate them. Even if the last time I went I nearly fainted (and I'm a big girl, and that was the first time I ever felt that way).

It's hard to give while I'm at school though (I just registered for 22 units, I'm joining *another* choir, taking more hours at work to pay for a three week trip to China, getting ready for my first recital, etc.) and it's true that it seems whenever I'm *not* busy, they're all full up (and many of my profs get angry if you miss classes).

I'd like to donate my organs, though it's a no right now mostly because my mom is paranoid about the doctors in hospitals letting you die so they can take 'em (yes, she really truly believes this). Someday, though ^^x.
Lux, Calida, Gravis que Pura velut aurum et canunt angeli moliter modo natum.

lowbart

Postby lowbart » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:07 am UTC

I've tried to donate blood a few times because I'm type O and don't mind having my blood extracted, but I was disqualified for about a year and a half because of a trip to the Costa Rican rainforest for biology class. It bothers me that all homosexual men are disqualified, even though it doesn't apply to me. I also have an organ donor thing on my driver license.

Donating sperm? Noooo thanks. The only time I'd want to contribute my genetic material to a human-larva is if I was going to be responsible in some way for raising it, with the mother chosen carefully. I'm not sure why. I wouldn't have a problem with adopting a kid if it wasn't possible to have one naturally. Something about the donation idea just feels creepy.
...a fish called the Henamo grunter, named because it makes grunting noises from its swim bladder.
v1nsai wrote:Yes, I'm Linux, how can I help you ma'am?

l33t_sas

Postby l33t_sas » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:15 am UTC

I've just turned 16 and am planning on going to donate blood soon. Thing is I have a mild phobia of even stepping outside my house alone and thus am wondering if it's possible to book a group donation so we can have a sanguineous orgy.
You're thinking of a Pegasus. Unicorns don't fly, they just sort of... plummet.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:28 am UTC

I've donated blood twice, and both times I passed out after the fact, regardless of eating a decent breakfast beforehand and being 10 pounds over the weight limit. :( I'm going to give it one more shot before chalking it up to simply being too tiny to pull that off.

In terms of organ donation, when I'm gone, I relinquish all rights to the squishy bits housed inside me. I don't know about full body donation -- I honestly haven't given that much thought. While I'm still around? It would have to be a serious situation involving someone very dear to me.

Egg donations are right out the window. I have PCOS, therefore rendering it somewhat uncertain as to whether or not I can have my own children with reasonable level of difficulty.

AbNo

Postby AbNo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:50 am UTC

l33t_sas wrote:I've just turned 16 and am planning on going to donate blood soon. Thing is I have a mild phobia of even stepping outside my house alone and thus am wondering if it's possible to book a group donation so we can have a sanguineous orgy.

Not sure about a group donation, but if you can find a proper set of time slots, you can fake a group donation, with everyone going together.

Oh, and if you're squeemish, don't watch. Trust me, there's a spot on the wall you can find *very* interesting, for at least a couple of seconds. I do it to cut down on the momentary annoyance factor when I get stuck.

Bring a book. :D

Kineticka wrote:I've donated blood twice, and both times I passed out after the fact, regardless of eating a decent breakfast beforehand and being 10 pounds over the weight limit. :( I'm going to give it one more shot before chalking it up to simply being too tiny to pull that off.

Apparently, it's a vassal vagal(?) response, according to my stepdad, who is an RN. You could try keeping your heart rate up after donating, or just deal with it (if they will let you).

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:05 am UTC

AbNo wrote:
Kineticka wrote:I've donated blood twice, and both times I passed out after the fact, regardless of eating a decent breakfast beforehand and being 10 pounds over the weight limit. :( I'm going to give it one more shot before chalking it up to simply being too tiny to pull that off.

Apparently, it's a vassal vagal(?) response, according to my stepdad, who is an RN. You could try keeping your heart rate up after donating, or just deal with it (if they will let you).

I'll give it a shot, thanks! The second one dropped me the moment I went to get out of the chair though, so my mileage may vary. We'll see what happens.

AbNo

Postby AbNo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:27 am UTC

Try resting for a few minutes then. Also, sit up, wait a minute, THEN stand up. You're running a few quarts low at that point, so your body might still be trying to get used to being a bit dry.

Drink some juice, Gatorade (or other synthetic sweat), and/or water before, during(if possible), and after bleeding.

Return to “General”