Cats or Dogs?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

KevorkianKat

Cats or Dogs?

Postby KevorkianKat » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:16 pm UTC

I've owned a dog for his full lifespan, from 1 to 15, but since getting married a few years ago, have grown to love cats more. I'm just wondering what each person's likes and dislikes are for each species and why.

Me, I've owned a dog for 15 years so I've had a bit of experience with one. They are extremely playful (I had a cocker spaniel), great to run around with, get into trouble outside a lot, not very fun to clean up after (if you have to scoop your yard) but overall are very friendly and fun to have around. Now that I've owned cats, I have to say I like the companionship a lot more. They aren't quite as "dumb" as dogs (although one of my cats borders on retarded at times :p ) and they seem to have more developed individual personalities that makes them quirky and interesting all the time. Overall, I find cats more amusing for the simple things they do while they play and their endless personality tricks.

Puzzlemaker

Re: Cats or Dogs?

Postby Puzzlemaker » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:23 pm UTC

Dogs are fun to play with, cats are fun to chill with.
RezardVareth wrote:Bad argumentation can be painful to answer, but responding with empty logic just perpetuates the cycle.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:25 pm UTC

I think my preference is pretty transparent. My reason is that I am addidicted to affection. There's nothing better when your puppy just wants to give you little puppy kisses. And now I'll post some pictures:

Shizo

Postby Shizo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:26 pm UTC

I, too, grew up around dogs. A few years ago my mom's boyfriend had like 5 cats. I loved the time spent with the cats. That was the only thing I liked about the guy, actually. I prefer cats, but maybe I'm just burnt out on dogs.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:26 pm UTC

Hard choice. Dogs are more fun and active, and they can protect you. But cats are calm and cuddly.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:29 pm UTC

All my life, I'd basically considered myself a cat person. While growing up, there were always a slew of cats running around, and at least one Great Dane (if not two or three) and maybe another dog or two..... (At this point, saying I grew up on a farm is probably not at all surprising)

After moving out on my own, I didn't own a pet until about three years ago. After getting married and acquiring a few pets due to various circumstances and so forth, I now have what can only be described as a goddamn zoo. Four cats, two rabbits and a dog.

After playing with all the various animals that I have, I have concluded one thing.

New Zealand Rabbits FTW.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

wst

Postby wst » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:59 pm UTC

Dogs are okay. As long as they aren't puny little things (anything shorter than 1' when on all fours, sans tail) that run around, nip your ankles, and yap at a high pitch. Conversely, they mustn't be theose dogs with a massive, aggresive presence.

I dislike both of those types.
However, I knew someone who had a wolfhound/something cross, a rescue dog, and he was awesome. He was pretty much on apr with a cat for brains, but happy, and not aggressive (unless you pissed him off/hurt his family (I don't like calling people 'dog/cat owners'))

I've grown up with cats, love them to bits, I get on with them well. Sometimes they act a bit stupid, run around, and stuff, but they have a saner side and they don't give unconditional attention, which I like. And they're a bit more 'me', in behaviour/attitude, I think.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:10 pm UTC

cats cats cats! i'm a little afraid of dogs until i've been properly introduced to them. I've never been afraid of a cat, even if i should have been.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:38 pm UTC

Dog person. I've dug a number of cats, but they all tended towards having playful, 'dog-like' personalities. I've never felt that cats were more intelligent, just harder to please, moodier. While I certainly appreciate their independence over dogs, especially as an apartment owner who works 8-10 hrs a day, I've found I dislike far more cats then I do dogs.

Grew up with dogs, family owned 5 english cocker spaniels over the years, which are the most stubborn critters i've ever seen. They're wonderful.

But seriously folks, don't be polarized.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:07 pm UTC

I prefer cats, mainly because I have always been around them. Also because they seem so much more independent e.g. if you don't feed a dog it will be hungry, if you don't feed a cat, it will go and kill something for itself.

Also cats just seem more intelligent and sly...

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

Adalwolf

Postby Adalwolf » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm UTC

I love both, but I like dogs more. Dogs and mankind have stood side by side for over 15000 years, and will continue to until the end of our species.

Edit:

@quadropus: dogs can hunt to, though not all dogs. Not all cats can hunt, either.
Live with passion. Die with passion.

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:42 pm UTC

I grew up around cats, so I prefer the company of cats. We've had a dogs over the years, but in most cases they've had a run-in with bad luck.

The first dog I remember us having was a Border Collie or Sheltie named Susie. I was about 5 or 6, and IIRC, we got her from an old couple. I think she ran away or else the landlord (we were living in a rental) made us get rid of her.

A few years later (I was 10) we got a German Shepherd mix from the animal shelter that we named Katie. We had her tied up out back on a leash with a bull clip. One day I came home from school and found that she was gone. Either someone took her away, be it a neighbor or someone from Animal Control, she slipped off the leash (bull clips can come easily undone), or my dad came home and decided to take her back to the shelter.

A few years after that we got another dog, this time from my great-granddad. His name was Pete, he was a mix, and he was a Good Dog. The only dog that lasted a long time (he was about 10 years old when we got him, lived to be about 15 or 16), and hardly complained except when his joints acted up, or when a cat walked too close to him. When he lived on my great-granddad's farm, he had a few farm cats that were part of his "pack", but one of our cats, Blue, instilled a fear of all things feline into him by running up to Pete and knocking the shit out of him. The cat would chase the dog around the house, until the dog would cower under my bed or the dining room table.

Pete had been in a accident either with a car (he loved to chase them when he lived on great-granddad's farm), or caught in a trap. My great-granddad swore he got into a fight with a bobcat, which is also possible. Either way, it cost him half his leg. We rescued him from my great-granddad about a week or two after my great-grandma died. He had kept Pete shut up in the bathroom for a few months.

After we had Pete euthanized (he was in great pain and was getting up there) my grandma gave us her dog, a lab named Cassie. She was a bit of a goof, and she was stupid. She'd stick her nose where it shouldn't belong (got bit by a snake once: we think it might had been poisonous), got too dangerously close to the horses (that is, until one clocked her in the side. Left a nice hoofprint indenture for a week), and chased any car or truck that went down the dirt road in front of our house. We had moved into great-granddad's old house a year before, after he went into a personal care home. One morning she finally caught a truck. It hit her, dislocated her shoulder badly. I didn't see it, but I heard my dad's gun go off. I was half-asleep from working second shift. When I woke up I went outside to find out what had been shot. He said Cassie was hit by a truck and he had to put her down, since the vet was too far away to get to in time, or for him to get to us, and even if he could or we could, it would have cost thousands of dollars for the surgery.

Early last year I adopted a dog named Rocky from the animal shelter near work. I had him until May or June of last year. I had enrolled him in the PetSmart obedience classes. I took him with me, as well as the cats, when I moved in with my parents. Unfortunately he had a bit of a food aggression issue, and he nearly killed one of my parents' cats when she got too close to his food bowl while he was eating. They called me up at work and told me that he had to go. They didn't want to "work with him". I think I could have been able to help him, or at least try to. The cat didn't know what she was getting herself into by just walking close to him, since she's deaf. He didn't hurt her badly, but I think he scared her a bit. He got her in his mouth and shook her. I suggested that he eat outside only, but my parents didn't want to take the risk of him attacking another cat, so he had to go. Sometimes I miss him but there are times I don't, like when he'd bite my hand if I was sitting down in the recliner in the living room when I'd get home from work, or when he'd grab the back of my hair and try to pull me up in the morning.

There's a black lab that comes around our house named Magic. She's fairly old, and belongs to our new neighbors. She seems to hang around our house more than she does the owners'. Hopefully they won't forget her if they ever move, which I'm sure they will after a while. They live in a rental. They may have to give her away due to that. My dad already met them, and told them if they have to, he'd be more than happy to take her.
PRG

An important message for you:

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:54 pm UTC

I'm definitely a cat person more than a dog person, but I also love both. I prefer cats for their independence (especially since I tend to be gone from home for extended periods) and their quirkiness, but dogs are a lot of fun at a moment's notice. I've had 5 dogs and maybe 10ish cats over the course of two families.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Rye

Postby Rye » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:02 pm UTC

I've always loved dogs, though not all dogs. Big ones are great. You can play fetch with them, wrestle with them, and take them for walks without worrying someone will step on them or something. My favorites have always been Black Labs. I also really like Golden Retrievers. However, for some strange reason, I've always hated small dogs like chihuahuas and pugs. Have you ever realized how ugly those things are? Plus, they're really annoying. But for the most part, dogs are awesome.

Cats, on the other hand, I don't like at all. Period. And they don't seem to like me. They're smelly. They're mean. Those things should have their claws cut off before being sold.

22/7

Postby 22/7 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:04 pm UTC

Wait, you're complaining about how smelly cats are in comparison to dogs?

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:10 pm UTC

Cats, no question.

Again, I grew up with dogs, could never have a cat since everyone in my family is allergic but me.

Every experiece I've had with cats has put them miles ahead in my book, and if you get the right breed you can still get a very affectionate, playful creature while still getting a pet that's smarter than a brick.

Observe videos of an animal waaaaay better than any dog, ever.

Also, when's the last time you ever heard of dog macros or loldogs?

I rest my case.

Girl™
This is what I think of you.

Postby Girl™ » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:11 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:I think my preference is pretty transparent. My reason is that I am addidicted to affection. There's nothing better when your puppy just wants to give you little puppy kisses.

But cats do that too! <3

I don't hate dogs, but I don't really want one. They're kind of like children--fun as long as you can give them back to their owners when they get tiring.

22/7 wrote:Wait, you're complaining about how smelly cats are in comparison to dogs?

Seriously. WTF. At least cats don't require regular bathing to keep them from smelling like ass. And if you have a yard, you don't even have to deal with the litter box. Maybe someone is making up flimsy excuses to cover up his lack of a soul....
You don't make them touch!

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:16 pm UTC

Rye wrote: They're mean. Those things should have their claws cut off before being sold.

No.

Or, perhaps, HELL NO!

Declawing of cats is one of the most disgusting, barbaric practices out there in regards to animals.

It is equivelant to someone cutting off the last digit of each of your hands and feet to save them the trouble of trimming your fingernails and toenails.

Once the surgery is done the poor cat still has to walk around on the injured feet, dig in the litter box, etc. It is excruciatingly painful and for what, so you can abuse the poor thing without worrying about it defending itself? Cats don't use their claws on people frivolously.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:18 pm UTC

Well... while I find declawing a horrific thing... yeah, cats do use their claws on people, though rarely badly enough to break skin, merely enough to be painful and annoying.

And drooling cats are just goddamn weird. But I love my little kitties, even if the drooling one tries to kiss me at fucking 4am.

That being said, if I really found the clawing thing that annoying, I'd trim their nails more often or get them that Soft Paws caps thing.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:21 pm UTC

Girl™ wrote:Seriously. WTF. At least cats don't require regular bathing to keep them from smelling like ass. And if you have a yard, you don't even have to deal with the litter box.

*licks arm, leg, side, stomach, groin*
*walks over to Girl*
::ahem::
ACHKKOW... KCHHHHOOW... GAAACHOOK... BLLLAAAARCHOOK... spit.
*I made present for you!*

:D

Animals are stinky. I respect and admire cats for being litter trainable, counter that you could train a dog to do the same. My dogs have the most atrocious breath imaginable, but are more or less clean critters.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

wst

Postby wst » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:22 pm UTC

Fossa wrote: Cats don't use their claws on people frivolously.

Bingo. If a cat claws you, think about what you've done to piss it off. If they always claw you, you might smell weird, or be giving the wrong body language. Declawing is a major 'no' though, and I think it's illegal over here. It should be, if it isn't.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

audoue

Postby audoue » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 pm UTC

------removed------
Last edited by audoue on Fri May 16, 2014 7:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Girl™

Postby Girl™ » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:41 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:
Girl™ wrote:Seriously. WTF. At least cats don't require regular bathing to keep them from smelling like ass. And if you have a yard, you don't even have to deal with the litter box.

*licks arm, leg, side, stomach, groin*
*walks over to Girl*
::ahem::
ACHKKOW... KCHHHHOOW... GAAACHOOK... BLLLAAAARCHOOK... spit.
*I made present for you!*

:D

Animals are stinky. I respect and admire cats for being litter trainable, counter that you could train a dog to do the same. My dogs have the most atrocious breath imaginable, but are more or less clean critters.

Wow, things that come out of animals are stinky? This is SHOCKING new information! WHO COULD HAVE KNOWN?! :roll: I've had both cats and dogs for most of my life, and dogs definitely have a stronger "body odor," especially when they're not groomed more than once a month. I've never had to have a short-haired cat bathed or groomed to control smell.

wst wrote:
Fossa wrote: Cats don't use their claws on people frivolously.

Bingo. If a cat claws you, think about what you've done to piss it off. If they always claw you, you might smell weird, or be giving the wrong body language. Declawing is a major 'no' though, and I think it's illegal over here. It should be, if it isn't.

QFT. I get clawed pretty often, but it's always deserved. XD

bavardage

Postby bavardage » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 pm UTC

This thread is pointless. Anyone who doesn't choose cats is not worth listening too and hence should be disregarded.
Cats are fluffy. Cats smell nice. Cats can be picked up. Cats purr. Dogs smell and bark.
'It can't be software incompatibility - the Trodden Spiral was designed for concentric rings, idiot ...'

Girl™

Postby Girl™ » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:50 pm UTC

bavardage wrote:This thread is pointless. Anyone who doesn't choose cats is not worth listening too and hence should be disregarded.
Cats are fluffy. Cats smell nice. Cats can be picked up. Cats purr. Dogs smell and bark.

The_wrinkly_old_lady.png
The_wrinkly_old_lady.png (7.75 KiB) Viewed 3734 times

I move to vote that my friend Catherine is pretty and also smells nice!

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:53 pm UTC

I love cats and dogs both. I love that I can take dogs for walks, and their enthusiasm is infectious. I love how soft and entertaining cats are, and that they purr. I don't understand the argument that cats are less affectionate and playful at all. Every cat I've ever had has wanted to be in my lap, up on my chest purring, sitting between my shoulder blades when I lay on my stomach, etc. They're only not affectionate towards strangers. The kitten I got when I moved to Boston would actually bring me the laser pointer and drop it on my feet and then look pointedly at it and meow until I played with her.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

PictureSarah wrote:The kitten I got when I moved to Boston would actually bring me the laser pointer and drop it on my feet and then look pointedly at it and meow until I played with her.

I got very excited as the idea of your kitten until I reread that. Then I just went "awwwww"

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:22 am UTC

22/7 wrote:I'm definitely a cat person more than a dog person, but I also love both. I prefer cats for their independence (especially since I tend to be gone from home for extended periods) and their quirkiness, but dogs are a lot of fun at a moment's notice.

Win.

If I had a house with a decent yard and someone to share walking duties with I'm sure I would wind up with a dog. As I have neither of those, I have a cat. Also, I like having dogs but I need to have the cat. Even if he is the most obnoxiously affectionate little creature ever. I'm hoping he'll calm down a bit once I've had him for more than a week and a half.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

22/7

Postby 22/7 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:38 am UTC

Flying Betty wrote:If I had a house with a decent yard and someone to share walking duties with I'm sure I would wind up with a dog. As I have neither of those, I have a cat. Also, I like having dogs but I need to have the cat. Even if he is the most obnoxiously affectionate little creature ever. I'm hoping he'll calm down a bit once I've had him for more than a week and a half.
This indicates that your cat is new, and, though not always the case, usually correlates with "kitten-ness". PICTURES!

My kitty, though not so new, can be seen here... eating her own foot.
Spoiler:

Edited because I just got sent another cat pic. We got my dad a cat for Christmas, and her name is axiom (because she's so presumptuous). She is seen below.
Spoiler:

Edited a few times, actually, because I suck at posting images.
Last edited by 22/7 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:23 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.

Steroid wrote:
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:00 am UTC

Cats, hands down. Something about the way they slink around the house makes me want to follow them wherever they go. It's a shame my family doesn't have a cat any more.

I just don't like dogs. They're smelly and they always try to lick me (hates being licked >.< icky wet feeling). Plus, my dog (an english springer spaniel) always demands attention of me, the one person in the house who didn't want a dog (and yet I have to take care of her most of the time, because no one else gets home until like 6:00!). Not to mention she's literally the dog who wouldn't be; she doesn't fetch, she's afraid of cars and leashes, she's actually afraid of cats half her size, afraid of other dogs, etc.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

McLovin

Postby McLovin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:06 am UTC

Girl™ wrote:I move to vote that my friend Catherine is pretty and also smells nice!

Second.

Also, I like both, but I only say my preference is towards cats due to growing up with them. I'm still living with my parents, and we currently have five running around. (Yes, my mother is one of those crazy cat ladies.)

Pictures under spoiler tags! =D

Spoiler:

ParanoydAndroid

Postby ParanoydAndroid » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:11 am UTC

Well,
I seem to prefer dogs for the precise opposite reason people prefer cats. I think cats are too independent, they stick around for that sense of self-interest they have going on. As far as I'm concerned, that look of loyalty in a dog's eyes represents one of the purest emotions possible. I had a dog for about 17 years, from 3 years old till I was 20, and he just died last January, I can remember seeing his face in the window when I got off the bus everyday for years, and I can remember that calm assurance he would give me when I went to talk to him about my troubles, and all I can say is that even though I moved 6,000 miles away and saw him twice in 2 years, he went down to my room everynight and slept on my bed till the night he died.

Hell, I used to call the house and make my mother put him on the phone so I could talk to him ... she said he always wagged ... I liked that damn dog alot.

Also,

-B

edit: randomly nonsensical first sentence corrected
Last edited by ParanoydAndroid on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:58 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I may be an idiot sir, but one thing I am not, sir, is an idiot.

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:19 am UTC

Cat.

I think those big fluffy dogs are cool (Dulux dog thinger) and those GIANT poodles (whose real name is /standard/ poodle, standard my ass)
=]

Adalwolf

Postby Adalwolf » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:52 am UTC

bavardage wrote:This thread is pointless. Anyone who doesn't choose cats is not worth listening too and hence should be disregarded.

And dogs will tear your cat apart. :twisted:

Hehehe....
Live with passion. Die with passion.

Little Richie

Postby Little Richie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:11 am UTC

Adalwolf wrote:

And dogs will tear your cat apart. :twisted:

Hehehe....

Dogs. (tehe one word sentence)

Thats not biased at all...

And a dog would win. Dogs are great, I'm not realy even an animal person, but dogs are no noobs, cept the little ones that always bark, almost as bad as cats...
With man gone, will there be hope for gorilla?
Check out my blog, my mission to save the world.

Marbas

Postby Marbas » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:47 am UTC

Dogs, but I'm very biased. I used to have this massive yellow lab for a pet when I was younger. He lived from when I was 4 till when I was 15. The reason I'm so biased is that I used to get in situations that would make me cry a lot, and whenever I was upset the dog would curl himself up right next to me and let me lay on his stomach, he was a puppy pillow!

He died of bloat because he ate some poisoned garbage. :(
Jahoclave wrote:Do you have any idea how much more fun the holocaust is with "Git er Done" as the catch phrase?

Nath

Postby Nath » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:46 am UTC

Dogs. Definitely dogs. Cats are OK, but they're just too rubbery for my taste. That said, a nice, slow-cooked piece of cat does have a pleasant dolphinney flavor.

Wait, this isn't the food forum. Disregard this post.

ParanoydAndroid

Postby ParanoydAndroid » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:53 am UTC

Marbas wrote:He died of bloat because he ate some poisoned garbage. :(

I didn't like it when my dog got in the garbage either ... but it was a little harsh to poison it.

... but really, I'm sorry to hear that .. I hated losing my dog, only one that made it worth coming home.

And I can't believe I forgot to mention the pillow thing too. Lying back on your dog to watch T.V, read a book, w/e is the best :D.

-B
I may be an idiot sir, but one thing I am not, sir, is an idiot.

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:02 pm UTC

Fossa wrote:Also, when's the last time you ever heard of dog macros or loldogs?

Ummmmm....

Although the cat macros or lolcats are funnier. Besides, the cat macros has a song!

Of course there's only one good reason to like dogs: They're more loyal than cats.

Fossa wrote:Declawing of cats is one of the most disgusting, barbaric practices out there in regards to animals.

It is equivelant to someone cutting off the last digit of each of your hands and feet to save them the trouble of trimming your fingernails and toenails.

Once the surgery is done the poor cat still has to walk around on the injured feet, dig in the litter box, etc. It is excruciatingly painful and for what, so you can abuse the poor thing without worrying about it defending itself? Cats don't use their claws on people frivolously.

Agreed. I get royally pissed off at anyone who decides to declaw theire cat, "just to protect the furniture or themselves". You want to protect your furniture? Don't get a cat. You want a cat, get furniture you don't mind being clawed. Preferably furniture covered in strong fabric, and not leather or anything that can easily be destroyed. When I lived with my roommate and talked of getting a cat, she said it would have to be declawed. I said over my dead body. She went on saying she was worried that the cat would claw the furniture and all that. I told her I would get a scratching post, and even if it did claw the furniture, she'd just have to get over it. I used the same analogy Fossa used, telling her that it's just like removing the ends of your fingers at the top joint.

Harmonixer wrote:Also, I like both, but I only say my preference is towards cats due to growing up with them. I'm still living with my parents, and we currently have five running around. (Yes, my mother is one of those crazy cat ladies.)

I live with my parents, and together we have seven indoors, and there is one or two that come up to our back porch.

PRG

An important message for you:

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:09 pm UTC

__Kit wrote:I think those big fluffy dogs are cool (Dulux dog thinger) and those GIANT poodles (whose real name is /standard/ poodle, standard my ass)

Giant? They barely get over two feet at the shoulder. That's medium at best.

Return to “General”