An odd question for the ladies

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

PS_Mouse

An odd question for the ladies

Postby PS_Mouse » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:56 am UTC

What sort of personality would you turn gay for? (unless you're already bisexual/gay; in which case, skip to the 2nd line)

i.e. what's the sort of girl you could fall in love with?
Last edited by PS_Mouse on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:47 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I think I used to have a porpoise; then again, that might have been a dream. | Eternal life comes to those who wait
Never forget how the brave Tenzing Norgay outsmarted the evil Edmund Hillary

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Re: An odd question for the ladies

Postby GhostWolfe » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:48 am UTC

That's a tough one. I'm pretty vain, I tend to fall for looks before personality.

I think, she would have to take me seriously, but not be like me and totally unable to make a joke. She'd also have to be tenderly affectionate, more interested in close company than intimacy. But it's hard to qualify traits this way, I don't think I set about specifically looking for things in people.

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:28 am UTC

Why is this question aimed only at straight women? I propose "what sort of person would make you widen your horizons" or something to that effect.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

PS_Mouse

Postby PS_Mouse » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 am UTC

Because, I'm only curious to see what women (primarily straight women) would like to see in their ideal female partner.

I've edited the first post
I think I used to have a porpoise; then again, that might have been a dream. | Eternal life comes to those who wait
Never forget how the brave Tenzing Norgay outsmarted the evil Edmund Hillary

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:35 pm UTC

The reason I mention it is because I was thinking of creating a similar thread not so long ago, but it slipped my mind. Now that you've made this one, it would seem rather silly to make a separate one for everyone else to whom the question could apply (those who are asexual, homosexual or heterosexual and male).

Yawgmoth

Postby Yawgmoth » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:40 pm UTC

Robin S wrote:Why is this question aimed only at straight women? I propose "what sort of person would make you widen your horizons" or something to that effect.

Because guys tend to be on the edges of the Kinsey Scale (i.e. really straight or really gay), whereas girls, on the large majority, tend to be in the middle (i.e. bisexual to some degree). And do you really want to see 100 posts of "no guy would make me turn gay because I'm not a FAG, you FAG. Edit: gaywad!" type posts?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:48 pm UTC

Yawgmoth wrote:
Robin S wrote:Why is this question aimed only at straight women? I propose "what sort of person would make you widen your horizons" or something to that effect.

Because guys claim to be on the edges of the Kinsey Scale (i.e. really straight or really gay), whereas girls, on the large majority, tend to be in the middle (i.e. bisexual to some degree). And do you really want to see 100 posts of "no guy would make me turn gay because I'm not a FAG, you FAG. Edit: gaywad!" type posts?

Fix'd it.

Also, I'd totally go gay for TMT, Johnny Depp, and IanExMachina. Probably in that order. Maybe at the same time.

yeah, part of my brain just freaked the hell out of another part of my brain. I love doing that to myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:14 pm UTC

the same sort of guy i'd fall for. funny, witty, a bit sarcastic, adventurous, weird/quirky, intelligent, not completely without goals, but still a free spirit. peoples is peoples, yo. i just prefer the male peoples in bed, usually. *points at boyfriend*

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:16 pm UTC

Yawgmoth wrote:Because guys tend to be on the edges of the Kinsey Scale

Is that true? I'm not questioning it, i'm just curious. I've always felt like I leaned a little away from the King Leonidas straight.

To my roommate: "I"m going to go run suicides in the blizzard because I need a challenge, but do you have any softer tissue paper, my nose is a little runny and I don't want the scratchy stuff we have"
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:21 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:*points at boyfriend*

::points at parka's old title::
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:07 pm UTC

Yawgmoth wrote:Because guys tend to be on the edges of the Kinsey Scale (i.e. really straight or really gay), whereas girls, on the large majority, tend to be in the middle (i.e. bisexual to some degree). And do you really want to see 100 posts of "no guy would make me turn gay because I'm not a FAG, you FAG. Edit: gaywad!" type posts?
I have yet to see anything stronger than anecdotal evidence for that, and I strongly doubt you'd get that sort of post here.

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:56 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:the same sort of guy i'd fall for. funny, witty, a bit sarcastic, adventurous, weird/quirky, intelligent, not completely without goals, but still a free spirit. peoples is peoples, yo. i just prefer the male peoples in bed, usually. *points at boyfriend*

i agree... i tend to be attracted to (not specifically sexually) certain characteristics... regardless of the sex of the person they belong to. i am sexually attracted to men, but i'm generally attracted to interesting people. (people who are talented/skilled, quirky, funny, intelligent, have something to say, etc. much like Parkaboy's list)
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

stockpot

Postby stockpot » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:53 am UTC

Interesting, grounded person, maybe on the masculine side for some mannerisms, but with more feminine facial structure.

Not necessarily in that order of importance.

Why are you wondering?

Seven
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One

Postby Seven » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:04 am UTC

I don't spend time thinking about it. I honestly don't.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:26 am UTC

Probably a rather effiminate guy, I have the old protectorscomplex, oh and my Trap, Alex, if s/he turns out to be a huy.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Postby no-genius » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:01 pm UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:

*points at TMT, asks him what parka's old title was?*

also I think there are a significant number of us who would go gay for TMT. I would probably go anything for anyone, at this point...
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

hyperion
"I'll show ye...."

Postby hyperion » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:03 pm UTC

no-genius wrote:
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:

*points at TMT, asks him what parka's old title was?*

also I think there are a significant number of us who would go gay for TMT. I would probably go anything for anyone, at this point...

I like those odds!
Peshmerga wrote:A blow job would probably get you a LOT of cheeseburgers.
But I digress.

The Mighty Thesaurus

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:40 pm UTC

"Better than Jeff"
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:47 pm UTC

Frankly I think the entire question is pretty flawed. I don't think this is the kind of thing you can know until it happens. Heck, even within the bounds of my horizons what I think I want and what actually makes me happy don't overlap 100%.

The only way I can see anyone answering this question honestly and accurately is if it has happened to them already when they thought they were straight till they met someone special.

tl;dr:

You can't know it till you find it.

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:50 pm UTC

Yeah I'd totally turn for TMT
But in the perspective of things. If I were to get hit on.
22/7 says it best I think in this case
22/7 wrote:On the flip side of this, I went to a gay bar with some friends once and was actually feeling pretty good about a guy hitting on me (it's good to know the option's there if for whatever reason I change teams)

quoted and edited out of context
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:56 pm UTC

El Senor Fruit Swing wrote:22/7 says it best I think in this case
22/7 wrote:On the flip side of this, I went to a gay bar with some friends once and was actually feeling pretty good about a guy hitting on me (it's good to know the option's there if for whatever reason I change teams)

quoted and edited out of context

In the past I haven't really minded when gay men hit on me and was perhaps slightly flattered. This changed when one of my former friends literally begged me for sex after coming out. Variations of the phrase "How do you know you won't like it if you haven't tried it?!" were used ad nauseum. This has, unfortunately, altered my perception of things somewhat.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:00 pm UTC

Hey, if all lesbians need is a hot dicking to cure them of their ways, then obviously the only thing keeping heterosexual men away is the lack of a hot dicking.

All together now..

HOT.
DICKINGS.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

The Mighty Thesaurus

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:08 pm UTC

HOT DICKINGS FOR ALL!

MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant

Postby MotorToad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:19 pm UTC

Fossa wrote:In the past I haven't really minded when gay men hit on me and was perhaps slightly flattered. This changed when one of my former friends literally begged me for sex after coming out. Variations of the phrase "How do you know you won't like it if you haven't tried it?!" were used ad nauseum. This has, unfortunately, altered my perception of things somewhat.

I don't think it was homosexuality's fault that he was a douche. I wouldn't blame you for letting that alter your perceptions but if you step back and think it's no different than an awkward drunk chick begging for sex after being refused. I'll bet that's happened to most if us, too. I'm certain all the girls have faced that from a guy and they still pretend to like us once in a while. :)
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:23 pm UTC

Fossa wrote:Frankly I think the entire question is pretty flawed. I don't think this is the kind of thing you can know until it happens. Heck, even within the bounds of my horizons what I think I want and what actually makes me happy don't overlap 100%.

The only way I can see anyone answering this question honestly and accurately is if it has happened to them already when they thought they were straight till they met someone special.

tl;dr:

You can't know it till you find it.

While I get what you're going for here, I'll have to disagree based purely on anecdotal evidence. That is, I find myself taking notice very specifically of other guys, usually when they're particularly ripped and good looking. For an example, Ryan Reynolds.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:03 pm UTC

"notice" or "I want to be penetrated by him repeatedly"?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant

Postby MotorToad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:56 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:"notice" or "I want to be penetrated by him repeatedly"?

I don't think "by him" is written in the bylaws. I'm sure there's lots of other things that could happen.
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:57 pm UTC

MotorToad wrote:

I don't think "by him" is written in the bylaws. I'm sure there's lots of other things that could happen.

Citation needed sorry..
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

oxoiron

Postby oxoiron » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:54 pm UTC

Fossa wrote:In the past I haven't really minded when gay men hit on me and was perhaps slightly flattered. This changed when one of my former friends literally begged me for sex after coming out. Variations of the phrase "How do you know you won't like it if you haven't tried it?!" were used ad nauseum. This has, unfortunately, altered my perception of things somewhat.
Direct him to the Dilbert comic (which I can't find online) that goes something like this:

Dilbert: Would you like some avocado?
Dogbert: No, thanks. I don't like avocado.
Dilbert: Have you ever tried one?
Dogbert: No.
Dilbert: Then how do you know you don't like them?
Dogbert: Have you ever shoved a potato chip up your nose?
Dilbert: No, that would hurt.
Dogbert: How do you know if you've never tried it? I'll tell you what. I'll try some avocado if you shove a potato chip up your nose.
Dilbert: That sounds fair.
::painful crunching and nose packing::
Dilbert: Ow. It feels like I thought it would.
Dogbert: Yeah, that's too bad. I lied. I've liked avocado for years.

The "How do you know if you've never tried it?" question is stupid. I always come back by suggesting the questioner try something extremely painful-sounding because he can't know it is unpleasant until he gives it a whirl.

"How do you know you wouldn't like scratching your cornea with a rusty spoon? Have you ever tried it?"
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect)."-- Mark Twain
"There is not more dedicated criminal than a group of children."--addams

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

Regarding: . . . if you haven't tried it.

You could always come back with the argument that, according to popular theory, one of the key features that distinguishes human brains from other advanced animals is that humans can take prior related experiences and extrapolate them to form conclusions even when they don't have direct evidence. Dogs put everything in their mouths because they want to experience it and have no reason that they shouldn't. A person can take clues from appearence, smell, and context to decide what they probably will or won't want in their mouth. And for most men (to bring it back to the original topic) the list of things not wanted in their mouth includes a cock, even if they've never had one.

oxoiron

Postby oxoiron » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:23 pm UTC

I think the original topic was what girls might possibly find attractive about other girls, but sadly, that seems to have fallen by the wayside and we ended up talking with guys about guys who want guys (the ever present problem on the Internet).
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect)."-- Mark Twain
"There is not more dedicated criminal than a group of children."--addams

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:26 pm UTC

Well, there are probably more men on the forums then women.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:01 pm UTC

I found him attractive. I wouldn't mind if someone who looked like that (and wasn't a complete douchebag) was someone I was around when he was shirtless on a regular basis. I, like all humans, am capable of appreciating the human body in both its male and female forms.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:16 pm UTC

Exactly! I too find many aspects of the male figure to be beautiful, however, I associate 'female beauty' with "Man i wanna have sex with that" (however remotely), whereas I do not have the same final association with 'male beauty'.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

:D I'd go lesbian for a really masculine girl. Like, female-to-male transsexual. Or just really, really badass/cool. But in women I'm definitely attracted more to the androgynous, small-chested, boyish-hips type. Not anorexic, just boy-ish.

... XD I'm pretty darn straight.
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:43 pm UTC

Sorry f_s, but a female to male Transexual would be a man, not a woman. Thus you wouldn't really be going lesbian for him.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:20 am UTC

I know, I know; I was trying to say that I'm attracted to girls whose masculinity approaches the masculinity of FtM people. Like, girls who could pass for guys. I didn't want to say "butch", because that has connotations that I didn't want to imply, but I ended up sticking my foot in my mouth. *sigh*.

(As a total aside, me~OW! Those female-to-male transgender lads are hot.)
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:07 am UTC

There's always Buck Angel*. As far as I know, that's the only individual doing it .. that way.

*Google at your own risk, preferably at home. Buck's an adult web performer thing. Familiar with the tackily named and offensive to a lot of transgendered folk "Chicks with Dicks"? Buck's the opposite.

Sissi

Postby Sissi » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:20 am UTC

Chris Buck, boo. I've got a vid of a MtF "banging" (you can't see it happening) a FtM, that was far more preferrable to that bald headed guy.

Looks like the girl is Alexis, and the guy is Chris. Or is it Chris/Alexis? iunno
I turned my smilies off.
ParanoydAndroid wrote:I'd like to keep my sexuality firmly ambiguous in their minds

hyperion
"I'll show ye...."

Postby hyperion » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:55 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:There's always Buck Angel*. As far as I know, that's the only individual doing it .. that way.

*Google at your own risk, preferably at home. Buck's an adult web performer thing. Familiar with the tackily named and offensive to a lot of transgendered folk "Chicks with Dicks"? Buck's the opposite.

Oh God, I know what you're talking about.

I am so ashamed to know this...
Peshmerga wrote:A blow job would probably get you a LOT of cheeseburgers.
But I digress.

Return to “General”