Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mieulium

Re: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Postby mieulium » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:02 pm UTC

I have plotted ultimate disappointment for a person. Its for her good, but its cruel.
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

Hope_

Postby Hope_ » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:28 pm UTC

Not meaning to offend, genuinely interested here. Why do you get to decide it's 'for her good'? And what's going to happen?
Whelan wrote:
I Am Raven wrote:Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Damn baby, you're so wet!
Shakespeare was British.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 pm UTC

Hope_ wrote:Not meaning to offend, genuinely interested here. Why do you get to decide it's 'for her good'? And what's going to happen?

I repeat her questions, and I do mean to offend! 'For her good' is one of the number one red flags for someone about to be a dick and pat themselves on the back for it.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:57 pm UTC

This hurts me more than it hurts you!
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:01 pm UTC

A challenger appears!
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 pm UTC

Hope_ wrote:Not meaning to offend, genuinely interested here. Why do you get to decide it's 'for her good'? And what's going to happen?

Well, she's been trying to attract the attention of an attached guy and she thinks she's getting preferential from him because he's naturally friendly. I'm not even sure she understands he has a girlfriend, but I do know that she isn't the person to do that... I can feel another drama coming on.
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:25 pm UTC

Here's a thought: let her make her own mistakes? If you interfere (beyond merely providing sage advice), she'll just resent you.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:49 pm UTC

On the other hand, giving friendly advice isn't necessarily interfering.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:54 am UTC

Hence the bit in brackets. I count friendly advice as a subset of sage advice. Either way, it sounded like mieulium was plotting evil deeds against his/her friend, which is a bit dickish.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 pm UTC

Yeah, hence it being a confession. I was really questioning my methods since morning, its amazing how epiphanies occur to me when I am dead tired.

Well the plan was to get him to hug one of his best girl friend (who is also really good friends with his girl friend) under permission of his girl friend. I think I'm just being presumptuous, I think we should just take it to him instead.

"OBJECTION!"

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 pm UTC

mieulium wrote:I think we should just take it to him instead.

But without needless complications, it would be boring as fuck. Don't do it!

Chandani

Postby Chandani » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:16 pm UTC

We're supposed to do a memoir-like piece for school, and I'm thinking of making something up because everything real I think of is either too vague (and these are the positive ones) or too depressing to write about.

Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana

Postby Gordon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:12 am UTC

Confession #1: I still miss RG.

Confession #2: I am going to bed.
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:13 am UTC

Can you continue to post from bed?
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:40 pm UTC

Gordon wrote:Confession #1: I still miss RG.
Me too :( And you, as well. I assume you're dancing with bananas in a better place?

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:
Gordon wrote:Confession #1: I still miss RG.
Me too :( And you, as well. I assume you're dancing with bananas in a better place?
I agree (with the missing of many others)
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:07 pm UTC

Confession: I discovered today that most people have issues. I mean have them. I am unable to accept no for an answer. Well, not permanently anyway. I am also very demanding in a relationship, which can result in the other person feeling like shit. Yep. Today I was told she felt like shit around me half of the time. I can only imagine how happy she must've felt the other half of the time for her to sustain aforementioned smothering for a whole month. Hmmm... Well, anyway, looks like this relationship is out of the world for good. Okay, it was already, but like I said before: I cannot accept no for an answer, so I had to find out myself. Took my a solid two-and-a-half months, though. Oh well, better late than never, time to move on, regardless of how freaking AWESOME she was, and how much we loved each other. It's over, and that's that.
Confession: I used to stuff away questions in fear of hurting her, but today I decided I wouldn't do that anymore, because they kept coming up at inconvenient times, and I couldn't control them very well. So I decided not to choose what's right, but what I wanted. A lot of angry screaming ensued, but eventually I managed to extract some new information which satisfied me enough. I asked for confirmation on what I had extracted, and she said I was right, and had figured that out long before her. I asked her why she never told me those things, and kind of kept me in the dark. Turns out, she had been telling me, but very vaguely, in my opinion. (Instead of saying "I want to be free, and have an open relationship, and that is clearly not what you want and you are smothering me." she said things like "I don't think this is working.") She never lied, but she never told me the truth either, which was something I needed. WHAM! There you go, another thing: I need the truth. No matter how painful. (Because yes, it hurts like a motherfucker when someone tells you they feel like shit around you.)
Okay.
So.

Where's the girls at?* :wink:

*Mildly serious.
Ptolom wrote:penis

NotGrouchy

Postby NotGrouchy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:57 am UTC

Gordon wrote:Confession #2: I am going to bed.

Sweet dreams, Prof. Banana!

Corn and maizy, clear and hazy,
That old grouch went whoops-a-daisy

*skips along the cobblestones*

-NG>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., hugs!
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to SPREAD LOVE AMONG HIS FELLOW MAN....
Sungura wrote:I really miss him. Every day. He was pretty snuggly.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:24 am UTC

mieulium wrote:Yeah, hence it being a confession. I was really questioning my methods since morning, its amazing how epiphanies occur to me when I am dead tired.

Well the plan was to get him to hug one of his best girl friend (who is also really good friends with his girl friend) under permission of his girl friend. I think I'm just being presumptuous, I think we should just take it to him instead.

What the fucking fuck is wrong in this picture? You get one shot.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:22 am UTC

Hugs being rationed?

Meddling in others relationships?

A pepper talking?

A pepper typing?

I just don't know anymore

Eseell

Postby Eseell » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:44 am UTC

'Fess: I don't drink alcohol because I have a probably-irrational fear of not being in control of my own mind and actions. I hate even being fuzzed out on cold medication; I don't want to do that to myself recreationally.
"Math is hard work and it occupies your mind -- and it doesn't hurt to learn all you can of it, no matter what rank you are; everything of any importance is founded on mathematics." - Robert A. Heinlein

Kulantan

Postby Kulantan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:46 am UTC

Eseell wrote:'Fess: I don't drink alcohol because I have a probably-irrational fear of not being in control of my own mind and actions. I hate even being fuzzed out on cold medication; I don't want to do that to myself recreationally.

The above is also true of me.
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

phlip wrote:(Scholars believe it is lost to time exactly which search engine Columbus preferred... though they are reasonably sure that he was an avid user of Apple Maps.)

Blog.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:53 am UTC

But but but

BEST SPEECH.

You gave it.

(blahblahblah, totally respect you guys for it, and your decision makes total sense as you shouldn't do any recreational drugs you are uncomfortable with, blahblahblah)

Kulantan

Postby Kulantan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:56 am UTC

I maintain that my intoxication at that event was at most minimal. That was just my natural powers of being awkward, stilted and easily derailed.
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

phlip wrote:(Scholars believe it is lost to time exactly which search engine Columbus preferred... though they are reasonably sure that he was an avid user of Apple Maps.)

Blog.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:58 am UTC

Dude.
We've been over this.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:11 pm UTC

In theory, I have a problem with it; in practice, not so much. I definitely understand that it could be scary not remembering things and not really being in control. And yet in the one instance where that's happened to me (not remembering at all) it was fine. I guess that's cause I was with trusted friends.

In any case, apparently at some point we (three of us) started doing shots of rum out of egg cups. There was still at least 2/3 of the bottle last I remember, but in the morning it was gone. Also, I often complained that I kept forgetting to watch the movie we were watching. I had to be carried up the stairs. I got up about five times that night, but I only remember two. The first of those times I was still feeling it somewhat and didn't understand why because I hadn't had that much during the time I remembered. (The second time I was fine.)

Disclaimer: Just personal feelings and crap, don't do drugs if you don't want to, bla bla bla, I agree with Mumpy
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:12 pm UTC

Mumpy wrote:Hugs being rationed?

A pepper talking?

A pepper typing?

The thing about requiring permission from his girlfriend to hug another girl. Messed up.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 pm UTC

Confession: I have never heard a video I was supposed to have heard. Why? Because the first (and the last time) I heard him sing, he sent shivers down my spine. It was that breath taking and heart racing. And now since he won the competition, I think I am going to hear him for another one time. :S. I haven't told anyone yet.

"OBJECTION!"

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm UTC

Kewangji wrote:
Mumpy wrote:Hugs being rationed?

A pepper talking?

A pepper typing?

The thing about requiring permission from his girlfriend to hug another girl. Messed up.
the thing about how hugging a girl wll make another realise he doesn't like her. how old are you people?
ImageImageImageImageImage

legopelle

Postby legopelle » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:13 pm UTC

Kulantan wrote:
Eseell wrote:'Fess: I don't drink alcohol because I have a probably-irrational fear of not being in control of my own mind and actions. I hate even being fuzzed out on cold medication; I don't want to do that to myself recreationally.

The above is also true of me.

Add me. A history of family alcoholism doesn't help either.
The Reaper wrote:I'm still fine with people having reactors, and still against them weaponizing the leftovers.

Walter Bishop wrote:Why would anyone kill a scientist? What have we ever done?

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:58 pm UTC

Confession: Though I am a pianist and clarinetist by training, the electric guitar is still my favourite instrument. I have a secret envy of guitarists. I love the high gain wail of a rock lead, and the way a rhythm guitarist can work out the chords and accompany any song without too much difficulty.

Of course I still have Beethoven's Sonatas, and Chopin's Nocturnes, and so on; but they don't stop me longing to burst out a dazzling guitar solo.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:50 am UTC

suffer-cait wrote:the thing about how hugging a girl wll make another realise he doesn't like her. how old are you people?

Sorry, I was trying to convey that they was a lot of things fucked up in that plan on both ends and picking the worst was nigh on impossible. Probably really badly, but there you go.

thewittyandthedashing

Postby thewittyandthedashing » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:07 pm UTC

I still keep his uniforms in my closet and his boots and helmet and ruck in my living room because I can't bear the thought of letting him go, even though I know he's buried 2,000 miles away.

Nat

Postby Nat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 pm UTC

A girl who's just had an (unreciprocated) crush on me (though I did like her in a nonromantic way) for about eight months just finally got over me and got a bf. I guess I should be happy to her, but it hurts to suddenly no longer be an important part of someone's life (even though it's probably much better for her), especially along with me having had a pretty bad time lately (bad enough that I stayed home for a week because I just didn't have the energy to get up and go to school). I forgot how bad it hurts when you're suddenly not part of someone's life anymore-the feeling that the world has moved on and left you stranded behind. And it doesn't help that her new boyfriend seems like kind of a douche, but is also probably taller and more muscular then me. I guess I shouldn't be complaining or anything, this is better for her.

Metaphysician

Postby Metaphysician » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 pm UTC

I enjoyed all three seasons of Veronica Mars :oops:
What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.
-Kurt Vonnegut

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:36 pm UTC

That makes sense since Veronica Mars is an excellent show.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 pm UTC

Maybe the fess is not that he enjoyed Veronica Mars but that he also enjoyed the widely panned third season, which is truthfully subpar compared to the other two?
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Metaphysician

Postby Metaphysician » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:33 am UTC

Zohar wrote:That makes sense since Veronica Mars is an excellent show.

I know, it's just that, while watching it I couldn't shake this feeling that maybe my taste had failed me. I mean, that show was awesome, but it shouldn't have been. It shouldn't have been good at all. Up until this point, I've felt oh so lonely because I literally never told anybody that I watched or enjoyed that show... now I feel, silly.
What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.
-Kurt Vonnegut

thewittyandthedashing

Postby thewittyandthedashing » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:37 am UTC

I'm glad I handed over anything sharp/shooty for the holiday. Because I don't think I'd have made it if I hadn't.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:41 am UTC

prattmt wrote:I'm glad I handed over anything sharp/shooty for the holiday. Because I don't think I'd have made it if I hadn't.

You are a valued human being. I am not joking. Your life is important to those around you, and we're all glad that you did make it and are continuing to make it.
uhhhh fuck.

Return to “General”