Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

libellule

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby libellule » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:36 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Masochism, and a reminder of my SO.

Sorry to be so prosaic, but... do they not clink? Or are they wound & bound tight enough not to clink, or are they far enough apart from each other for you not to have to worry about them clinking? Or do you just not worry about the clinking thing? I'm a bit clueless :oops:

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:40 pm UTC

Mostly because they're too taut to fall on each other. But there is no rubbing sound either because they are lubricated.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:46 pm UTC

Confession :

I've only been here a week and already I've decided upon those who will annoy me with every post, and those whose posts I will take an active interest in reading.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:47 pm UTC

Confession: I want to wear chains and walk around acting all ghosty now.

I bet I am one of the annoying ones.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:50 pm UTC

@KicktheCAN: :roll:

@Cara: Not to worry. Of course, nobody will ever shut up, but it's perfectly acceptable to judge people so soon.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:51 pm UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:Confession: I want to wear chains and walk around acting all ghosty now.

There's more gravy than grave about you... ;-)

yellie

Postby yellie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:51 pm UTC

Confession: I am drunk.

This is not a confession; really more of a statement. Just throwin' it out there. Apologies in advance if I say anything weird. (Haha, Cara, I bet I'm the first one. I'm sorry!) Oh, I actually do have a proper confession:

Confession: I never actually drink that much. This is one of the first times this year I've been properly locked

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:@Cara: Not to worry. Of course, nobody will ever shut up, but it's perfectly acceptable to judge people so soon.

Ah well it's easy say that when you know in which category you fall...I just don't particularly like how judgmental I am predisposed to be, although, that said, I'm never very steadfast in my opinions...so the boundaries between the two categories aren't concrete.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:55 pm UTC

Actually, I made that post without any assumption of which category I am in, but I can now infer which I am in.

But fair enough, judging people is entirely up to the individual. You'll certainly find your happy medium or landslide at some point.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:05 am UTC

I've often wondered what kind of impression that I leave on others (especially in this thread). I can easily imagine myself coming off as the whiny emo kid with not a joy in the world.

That said, it's your fault if you don't decide to dig any deeper than that. :-)

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:07 am UTC

TigerX wrote:
KicktheCAN wrote:Confession: I want to wear chains and walk around acting all ghosty now.

There's more gravy than grave about you... ;-)

Actually, I did just *have a bunch of gravy.

See, I was correct, she just glazed right over my post.

*This almost became "I did just save a bunch of money on my car insurance."
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:10 am UTC

Oh my post wasn't a prefix to my listing those that qualified for either list...and as I said, I'm entirely impressionable and I'm sure I'll change my mind a hundred times about a hundred different people...and I know it's entirely natural to judge people, just, sometimes doing so in as hasty a manner as I am prone to do can often have unfortunate consequences.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:17 am UTC

I hesitate to ask.

Buuut my curiousity wins.

Has this situation occurred before?

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:21 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:I hesitate to ask.

Buuut my curiousity wins.

Has this situation occurred before?

I don't like taking over an entire thread talking about myself...sooooo, here I am. Has what situation occurred before?

d0rk

Postby d0rk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:24 am UTC

oh well, no matter what list I fall in, I'll just keep talking ;)

but seriously, you can't stop judging people. It's what evolution taught us, to instantly put stuff in mental boxes.
Fight, Flight or Fuck, only more complicated

confession: I'm drunk again, and may be enjoying this thread a little too much...

(btw, DropShot is an evil drink :( )

koalabäh

Postby koalabäh » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:25 am UTC

Re: Cara hates me.
I knew it all along. But if I post this, then she has to deny it, or else be incredibly impolite and mean. But maybe now I'm just pissing her off even more for making her lie publicly. Or maybe she totally doesn't mind me and I'm just being stupid... and as a result, now she hates me, just like everyone else. But maybe... er...
Now my brain hurts. What a horrible thing to confess!

:)

(plz plz plzzz don't take this post seriously.)
Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

williamager

Postby williamager » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:26 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Oh my post wasn't a prefix to my listing those that qualified for either list...and as I said, I'm entirely impressionable and I'm sure I'll change my mind a hundred times about a hundred different people...and I know it's entirely natural to judge people, just, sometimes doing so in as hasty a manner as I am prone to do can often have unfortunate consequences.

If it's like mine I expect it isn't even a list which could be written out in its entirety, and displayed for the world to see, but rather a collection of opinions that together form an intricate and fluid mass, ever-changing in subtle ways from vague feelings, and categorizing individuals in far more complex ways than simply pleasant and unpleasant to hear. There are those who are ever so pleasant to hear with whom I would not care to speak, and those who are decidedly not with whom I would.

And the ever-changing part is important as well, for people may so inexplicably change. I once had two friends out of necessity, one who was diligent, rational, and considerate, and one who seemed an entirely uncontrollable compulsive liar. So different are they now from what they used to be that I would be loath to hear from the former again, and yet listen gladly to the latter; it took but an instant for my list to change.
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:28 am UTC

Confession : I seem to be throwing this thread wildly off topic and encouraging others to follow suit, oh dear, apologies to the moderating team.

And I really hate when folk feel the need to point out the fact that they're joking, it just ruins everything! Give your readers some credit...if you're genuinely being witty then anyone worthwhile will understand the tone, otherwise you deserve to be greeted with consternation.
*moves koalabah*

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:31 am UTC

It's desired in this thread actually, Cara, to throw it off topic, in any direction you like or to take it over to talk about your confession/problems. I spilled a good portion of my life story several decapages back.

The question in specific: Has the situation of judging someone too hastily returning to harm you ever occurred before?

But, if you'd rather not, I understand.

To make mention of something else: I sometimes fear that far fewer people on the fora like me than I think.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:34 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:To make mention of something else: I sometimes fear that far fewer people on the fora like me than I think.
Depends what you mean by "like me", but I will say that you are probably one of the most unique individuals that I've gotten to interact with. For what it is worth, this population seems so multi-faceted that it seems okay to be an individual within its context. I'm a gay Christian for goodness sake and this is one of the few places that didn't seem to make a big deal out of it... :-)

koalabäh

Postby koalabäh » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:36 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:And I really hate when folk feel the need to point out the fact that they're joking, it just ruins everything! Give your readers some credit...if you're genuinely being witty then anyone worthwhile will understand the tone, otherwise you deserve to be greeted with consternation.
*moves koalabah*

I was hedging my bets because I know you hate me.

(Good point there.)

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:36 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:It's desired in this thread actually, Cara, to throw it off topic, in any direction you like or to take it over to talk about your confession/problems. I spilled a good portion of my life story several decapages back.

The question in specific: Has the situation of judging someone too hastily returning to harm you ever occurred before?

Perhaps not too drastically, it's more often a case of my deciding that someone isn't to my liking and finding out at a later date that I was unfair in my decision and that they were actually a person I'd actually enjoy...the opposite hasn't happened too often, I tend to be too guarded an individual to decide I like a person sooner than I should.

williamager

Postby williamager » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:37 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Confession : I seem to be throwing this thread wildly off topic and encouraging others to follow suit, oh dear, apologies to the moderating team.

And I really hate when folk feel the need to point out the fact that they're joking, it just ruins everything! Give your readers some credit...if you're genuinely being witty then anyone worthwhile will understand the tone, otherwise you deserve to be greeted with consternation.
*moves koalabah*

Hmm... we seem to require some stimulus to pull us out of what must be a rather awkward topic, with so many people asking where they are on the list. Perhaps Insignificant Deification's post will work.

Insignificant Deification wrote:To make mention of something else: I sometimes fear that far fewer people on the fora like me than I think.

Why would you think so? From my admittedly rather shallow knowledge of the posts here, I see no reason to think that you are liked only by a few people, and find much to the contrary.

Edit:

Confession: By the time I am able to finish writing a post, it can often be irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Also, a confession concerning everyone here: It appears people who joined within the last year have entirely taken over this thread, and of those, most of them only started posting often until even more recently (I didn't start until a few days ago, for example).
Last edited by williamager on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:42 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?

xooll

Postby xooll » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:40 am UTC

Confession: low amounts of human contact seem to make me avoid human contact more. This is clearly a bad system.
Edit: Further, unrelated Confession: I keep reading "CaraInFrames" as "CaraInFlames".
Last edited by xooll on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:42 am UTC

xooll wrote:Confession: low amounts of human contact seem to make me avoid human contact more. This is clearly a bad system.

Aye, it's an unavoidable spiral effect, I fear the only solution is to wean oneself back into society, one individual at a time, that or become a total recluse. I tend to favour the latter more than I perhaps should.

williamager

Postby williamager » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:44 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:
xooll wrote:Confession: low amounts of human contact seem to make me avoid human contact more. This is clearly a bad system.

Aye, it's an unavoidable spiral effect, I fear the only solution is to wean oneself back into society, one individual at a time, that or become a total recluse. I tend to favour the latter more than I perhaps should.

No, no! The best thing to do is to jump right back into the middle of society. It can give one a wonderful, giddy feeling that appears to others as if one is entirely insane!
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?

d0rk

Postby d0rk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:44 am UTC

human contact is for losers :)

I honestly don't feel bothered by any of the regulars here, and really, Insig Dei made me feel like this was one of the few places on the internet (or the world for that matter) where being different from others made you part of the community instead of an outsider

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:45 am UTC

williamager wrote:Also, a confession concerning everyone here: It appears people who joined within the last year have entirely taken over this thread, and of those, most of them only started posting often until even more recently (I didn't start until a few days ago, for example).

Oh dear, yes, I imagine the more practiced forum frequenters will have already have me firmly established in their own categorising system.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:46 am UTC

I don't know... it may be that I'm an emotionally sensitive person, and the lack of emotion in a text medium is throwing me off... but I have this feeling that some people are actually sick of me and thinly veiling it under :mrgreen:

Wow. I really made someone feel that way?
Last edited by Insignificant Deifaction on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:48 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:48 am UTC

Edit: Further, unrelated Confession: I keep reading "CaraInFrames" as "CaraInFlames".

Well given my innate fear of fire that is a most worrying development.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:50 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Wow. I really made someone feel that way?

More than one, I would wager.

williamager

Postby williamager » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:51 am UTC

d0rk wrote:I honestly don't feel bothered by any of the regulars here, and really, Insig Dei made me feel like this was one of the few places on the internet (or the world for that matter) where being different from others made you part of the community instead of an outsider

It is, which is one of the most fascinating properties of this community.

Insignificant Deification wrote:I don't know... it may be that I'm an emotionally sensitive person, and the lack of emotion in a text medium is throwing me off... but I have this feeling that some people are actually sick of me and thinly veiling it under :mrgreen:

While we could assure you again that this is not the case, I fear we couldn't hope convince you of it by such statements, as I have had such feelings myself before, and they are very difficult to dispel—for no assurance can be made that could not be considered a false one made out of politeness. But at some point one must repress such thoughts, or be driven mad by them.
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?

d0rk

Postby d0rk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:56 am UTC

Maybe it's just good old paranoia?

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:00 am UTC

d0rk wrote:Maybe it's just good old paranoia?

Just because you're paranoid...

No, ok, I shan't finish that.

Nay, I've to say it's such insecurity with folk and their perceptions of me in reality that make such online communities as these such an inviting environment for me. I don't think the same social standards are demanded here as they are in reality, and thus every time someone engages with me I presume that it can only be because they have a real desire to do as much, rather than just pay lip service or feel compelled to by social constraints.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:03 am UTC

I suppose you're right, I must put it out of my mind and forge ahead.

Who knows, perhaps that will make people like me.

And you're right Cara, on the internet we can do what we want, not what society says.

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:04 am UTC

I_D, I like you! [for what it's worth]

Confession: I act differently around my friends, my boyfriend, at work, at school and online. Why can't I be the same person? I mean, they're all me, just different sides.

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

koalabäh

Postby koalabäh » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:06 am UTC

TigerX wrote:
Insignificant Deification wrote:Wow. I really made someone feel that way?
More than one, I would wager.

You would win. ID seems to get weirder with every post I read. I find this very comforting.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:07 am UTC

@Schumi:

Aww that's tweet.

But, anyway, the reason you have facets to your personality is that there are many different environments, and one facet doesn't fit in in one environment.

Your parents expect much different than we do, so you show us each a different face.

This is known as "covering your arse".

:wink:

Also, yay I make people happy.

And, I must depart for now. I have... things to do.

Verator

Postby Verator » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:11 am UTC

Lets see, in some settings I'm a total sweet heart, in others I'm a sophisticated philosopher, in others I'm an arrogant asshole, and as a whole I'm a slightly overbearingly intelligent, scathingly honest and sarcastic and witty, intermixed with some general melancholy and bitterness all rolled up in a ball of hopeful desire and covered by a facade of confidence and outgoingness.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

williamager

Postby williamager » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:13 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Nay, I've to say it's such insecurity with folk and their perceptions of me in reality that make such online communities as these such an inviting environment for me. I don't think the same social standards are demanded here as they are in reality, and thus every time someone engages with me I presume that it can only be because they have a real desire to do as much, rather than just pay lip service or feel compelled to by social constraints.

Insignificant Deification wrote:And you're right Cara, on the internet we can do what we want, not what society says.

I would say that on the internet there are many different societies, each with their own standards. There are many constraints of normal society that are not one is free from when here, and yet there are other, and in my opinion far better, expectations that are present only here. While I dislike using others as examples, there are many posters here who could probably be (unjustly) criticized without normal society's admonishment, and yet here to do so for the same reasons would be considered unacceptable.

schumi_girl wrote:I_D, I like you! [for what it's worth]

Confession: I act differently around my friends, my boyfriend, at work, at school and online. Why can't I be the same person? I mean, they're all me, just different sides.

Perhaps because the situations require different behaviours?
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?

Return to “General”