Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

rxninja

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby rxninja » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:03 am UTC

Confession: There are so many specific things I want to respond to since I last posted in this thread that it's giving me a sort of mild anxiety. I feel like I can't keep up.

Confession: I spent all day today trying to forget the world and a specific girl in particular by not leaving my apartment and turning AIM off. It seems like the only thing that ended up forgotten was me.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I miss a lot of people, too. Fortunately, ammo is cheap.

sophyturtle wrote:I think nudity is the solution for everything...

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:16 am UTC

rxninja wrote:Confession: There are so many specific things I want to respond to since I last posted in this thread that it's giving me a sort of mild anxiety. I feel like I can't keep up.

I've stopped even trying to read everything that I miss. I attempt to gather the highlights and move on.

Confession: I spent all day today trying to forget the world and a specific girl in particular by not leaving my apartment and turning AIM off. It seems like the only thing that ended up forgotten was me.

You tried to forget the world and the only thing you forgot was yourself? Or that the world and your girl forgot you?

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:26 am UTC

Confession : My flatmate is talking incredibly loudly on her phone, next door, and I don't know if I'm so infuriated by this because it makes sleep an impossibility, or because she has someone wanting to talk to her in the hours most young, and I don't...
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

rxninja

Postby rxninja » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:40 am UTC

The rest of the world forgot me. I did this on Wednesday too and not even my close friends called to see where I was either time.

*sigh*

Devilsaur

Postby Devilsaur » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:45 am UTC

Confession: I didn't really want to go home for Thanksgiving weekend, but I did anyways as I didn't want to explain it to everyone and to keep up the charade that everything is perfect.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:46 am UTC

rxninja wrote:The rest of the world forgot me. I did this on Wednesday too and not even my close friends called to see where I was either time.

*sigh*

Family called on my birthday on Monday. That's the last time any of my friends called me. I did Survivor night on Thursday for a bit, but that's been "it" for this week.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:59 am UTC

This makes it 240 posts in the space of a week, that's an average of...christ, 34 posts a day. Still, each one has been rife with wisdom and entirely worthy of existence.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:31 am UTC

I was insanely addicted for the first week of my entry here, then I managed to tone things down a lot and stopped trying to read every new post in every topic in general.

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:35 am UTC

I'm kindof amazed I've posted so little. I really don't get into conversation terribly heavily around here. I really enjoy reading others' converstions, however, and have been known to spend hours lurking. I try not to post, however, unless I have something insightful or meaningful to say.

That is, when I'm not taking time to tell Cara she's hot.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:59 am UTC

Will wrote:... I try not to post, however, unless I have something insightful or meaningful to say.

That is, when I'm not taking time to tell Cara she's hot.

You mean you don't see that as being an insightful and meaningful endeavour? sigh

d0rk

Postby d0rk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:04 am UTC

Confession: I have not, and will never look at the pictures thread. I fear knowing how all of you look would change the images in my head and, more importantly, change the way I trust you.

(well, except this one time, but that was when I was new to the fora)

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:08 am UTC

Meh, I hardly come to this thread, it seems to depressing, but I am curious, what do you think I look like?
=]

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:09 am UTC

d0rk wrote:...change the way I trust you.

Ok, I can understand the conflict with mental images bit, but this I do not get.

Anyway, I like to have faces for the names, it brings a sense of reality to proceedings, of course it's that very reality which many make efforts to avoid by creating an online persona.

d0rk

Postby d0rk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:09 pm UTC

As I've said before, I have some problems with talking about certain things to people IRL. This problem (in a lesser form) extends to knowing how people look. I don't know why, but I feel more closed off when talking to people I can picture in my head.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:12 pm UTC

d0rk wrote:As I've said before, I have some problems with talking about certain things to people IRL. This problem (in a lesser form) extends to knowing how people look. I don't know why, but I feel more closed off when talking to people I can picture in my head.

Ah, so this way you can console yourself with the notion that living breathing human beings aren't actually reading what you write. My reasoning for taking the opposite course of action is the complete opposite to this. It all makes sense, though, it just depends on one's motivations for being here, I guess.

d0rk

Postby d0rk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:19 pm UTC

well, I don't know if that's completely what i meant, it's not like I see the people here as inhuman... It's hard to explain.

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:45 pm UTC

Confession: It's not even ten, and I'm in the mood for a margarita. I love weekends and their decadence.
~Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

Grlmm
Would like to buy a vowel

Postby Grlmm » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:56 pm UTC

Margaritas aren't strong enough. Switch to hard liquor.

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:08 pm UTC

I'm pretty sure tequila is hard liquor.
~Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

Grlmm
Would like to buy a vowel

Postby Grlmm » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:21 pm UTC

Yeah, but it's mixed in with other things. I'm talking straight up.

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:36 pm UTC

I didn't say I wanted to get drunk in the most efficient way possible. I just said i wanted a margarita. A mango one. We have this really good mix that's not too sweet.

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:40 pm UTC

Confession: I will be later going to the library to download a Japanese drama from several different computers so that I can fool the MegaUpload.com into thinking I'm different people. It will take hours, but it will be worth it, becuase the drama has matsumoto jun in it.

As well as the plot sounds interesting--the Japanese government collapses after some sort of specialized explosion leaves all the adults dead, so naturally the kids take over. ....*shudder* I don't know if I'd want Jun running a country <_<
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:01 pm UTC

I spent the last two hours cleaning out my wardrobe and I collected two refuse bags worth of clothes for donation, and yet there doesn't seem to be any space freed. This does not make sense. I need a physicist, now!

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:07 pm UTC

Confession: I had depressing dreams that exactly reflect what I want and why I'm not getting it. Now I'm stuck in that state of mind ; (
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

koalabäh

Postby koalabäh » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:15 pm UTC

Confession: I just bought my dad a bottle of twenty-year-old single malt Scotch (Scapa). Oh no!

The thing is, it's his fiftieth birthday today and I'm leaving for the party in about two hours and I get him a bottle of Scotch every year. Granted, when I asked him whether there was anything he wanted, he wasn't very helpful (he's one of those annoying people who has everything already), but I still feel like I'm a bad son for being so apathetic and uncreative. The fact that he neither expects nor particularly wants anything more from me doesn't make me feel much better about myself.
Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:17 pm UTC

koalabäh wrote:Confession: I just bought my dad a bottle of twenty-year-old single malt Scotch (Scapa). Oh no!

The thing is, it's his fiftieth birthday today and I'm leaving for the party in about two hours and I get him a bottle of Scotch every year. Granted, when I asked him whether there was anything he wanted, he wasn't very helpful (he's one of those annoying people who has everything already), but I still feel like I'm a bad son for being so apathetic and uncreative. The fact that he neither expects nor particularly wants anything more from me doesn't make me feel much better about myself.

There there.

Feel better now?

<edit> : because I'm not really so callous. I am the exact same with my parents, they want for nothing and so at birthdays and christmas it becomes a frightful challenge to think of something thoughtful and heart warming with which to present them...more often than not I default to something practical, consoling myself that it'll at least be of some use...as cliche as it may sound, it really is the thought that counts, and your presence on the day will be present enough.

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:41 pm UTC

I usually just give my parents hug coupons.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:44 pm UTC

How cheap.

koalabäh

Postby koalabäh » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:45 pm UTC

I do feel better! But that might be cuz of thisd tastty SDotch i juist fnuod... oosp.

Confession: Um, I really can't wait til the party so I can taste it. I've never had Scapa before and, like my father, have a thing for single malt Scotch.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:53 pm UTC

koalabäh wrote:I do feel better! But that might be cuz of thisd tastty SDotch i juist fnuod... oosp.

Confession: Um, I really can't wait til the party so I can taste it. I've never had Scapa before and, like my father, have a thing for single malt Scotch.

Seeeee, it is a thoughtful gift, you know he'll appreciate it.

koalabäh

Postby koalabäh » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:04 pm UTC

He'll appreciate it, but it isn't thoughtful if I'm already his single greatest source of Scotch.
As I mentioned, he's very difficult to shop for. I might have had a chance of not feeling cheap&easy if I had tried something personalized and hand-made, but I'm not very artsy-craftsy, he has extremely refined tastes, and he doesn't much go for sentimental touchy-feely bullshit -- his words, not mine. I think I was doomed from the outset, so I'll get over it.

Confession: My dad is too cool for me.
/myself

Ishindri

Postby Ishindri » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:18 pm UTC

Confession: I was all set this morning to squeeze some self-discipline out of myself, and get some work done... and I'm sitting here refreshing General. Hmm.
All is well. We are not like the others.

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:39 pm UTC

Ishindri wrote:Confession: I was all set this morning to squeeze some self-discipline out of myself, and get some work done... and I'm sitting here refreshing General. Hmm.

You too!?

I'm still on the couch in the bundle of blankets I fell asleep on last night, watching TBS. I'm gonna have to change the channel and maybe actually start my day in 30 minutes though. I have no desire to watch miss congeniality.

Goals for today:

1. stop sulking and stop going insane and stop feeling sorry for myself (all lumped together)
2. do my laundry
3. spend absolutely no money
4. work out?

that's a good start.
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Ishindri

Postby Ishindri » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:44 pm UTC

My goal for today was to clean off the computer desk. Seriously, it's a disaster zone in there. But I can't do it if my brother (who has absolutely nothing to do with why it's so dirty and cluttered) doesn't get off the computer...
All is well. We are not like the others.

elminster

Postby elminster » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:02 pm UTC

Akira wrote:Confession: I will be later going to the library to download a Japanese drama from several different computers so that I can fool the MegaUpload.com into thinking I'm different people. It will take hours, but it will be worth it, becuase the drama has matsumoto jun in it.

Please note MegaUpload and alot of upload services log your IP address, the library will very most likely have all their computers going through 1 IP address.
Better option is: If you have a dynamic IP address (Changes every time you reconect to Isp. If you got standard internet connection, its extremely likely its dynamic), just disconnect and reconnect the internet after one download.
Other option is finding proxies to use... but there slow and difficult to deal with.

I recently started using shareminer, which is merely google but it adds parts of searches that show up websites that put up rapidshare/megaupload/etc links. Sometimes comes up with decent results.

Edit: Also i get over 1mb/s off most upload services at uni. Ah gota love their OC3 line (I've managed 9mbyte/s average down before)
Last edited by elminster on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Reckless

Postby Reckless » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:17 pm UTC

Confession: I've had to poop, with moderate intensity, for the past fifteen minutes. I don't particularly feel like leaving the internet at the moment, though.

airtank

Postby airtank » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:21 pm UTC

Reckless wrote:Confession: I've had to poop, with moderate intensity, for the past fifteen minutes. I don't particularly feel like leaving the internet at the moment, though.

The line between pastime and addiction is crossed when said pastime begins to interfere with daily activities. Go take a shit. :lol:

rxninja

Postby rxninja » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:44 pm UTC

Happy belated birthday, TigerX.

Confession: I'm really tempted to steal Airtank's avatar for a little while and make a campaign out of it. I'm wondering how many people we could get to support Cthulhu over any of the other US parties..

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:48 pm UTC

Confession : I had to google "Cthulhu" and I'm still relatively clueless.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:02 pm UTC

rxninja wrote:Happy belated birthday, TigerX.

Thanks. :-)

Return to “General”