Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
aldimond
Otter-duck
Posts: 2665
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:52 am UTC
Location: Uptown, Chicago
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby aldimond » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:05 pm UTC

How long has that been? I just showed up for the first time in a few months. There are many people I don't recognize, people with different avs and titles, a new layout.

Some similar patterns, though.
One of these days my desk is going to collapse in the middle and all its weight will come down on my knee and tear my new fake ACL. It could be tomorrow. This is my concern.

Grincement
Should have Boobs (In theory)
Posts: 1483
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:23 pm UTC

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Grincement » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:08 pm UTC

aldimond wrote:How long has that been? I just showed up for the first time in a few months. There are many people I don't recognize, people with different avs and titles, a new layout.

Some similar patterns, though.


You're a familiar face avatar though Al
Last time I was here properly must have been May/June
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes - Douglas Adams

User avatar
Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick
Posts: 8933
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:33 pm UTC
Location: One of those hot places

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Bakemaster » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:13 pm UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:if you don't enjoy what another has to say, there is a very simple approach you can adopt...just find something unperfect they have said and mock them mercilessly about it for your own amusement

Fix'd for what is actually the accepted practice here.
Image
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

User avatar
d0rk
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:59 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby d0rk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:24 pm UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Oh no, I didn't want to segregate the forum into those for and against... [...]


I really don't give a rats ass about the time you have been here, or your postcount. We're all people, and I think we are all adult enough to get over such a 'my penis postcount is larger than yours'. really, as a society, get over it ;)

Alisto: you are speaking like you are voicing this forums' opinion. as you can see, you are not. While you may be irritated by the way william speaks, it is no reason for attacking him. just tl;dr his text, and get over it. However, since this is a free country (or forum) you may speak your mind. Just don't be surprised when other people do the same.

User avatar
vrek
pigasm!
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:49 pm UTC

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby vrek » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:31 pm UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Oh no, I didn't want to segregate the forum into those for and against...I realise that I'm not here long enough to take on such a well est'd forumite as Alisto, anyway, but nor I can't sit idly by while I feel that someone is being unjustly treated.

Honestly, I thought that this was a community that embraced people for their eccentricities, not belittled and ostracised them for not fitting into their ideal. I guess I'm just disappointed to discover that acceptance is as conditional here as in any other form of society.


Well its not like there is a test or anything before signing up. Even though this forum tends to be a more advanced thinking forum that is only because of current members. The problem being some thick headed bigoted people join despite this social aura of intelligence(I do not mean alisto).

Also no body is infallible. Even somebody with intelligence rivaling Edison, Tesla, Einstein, or Hawking have some wrong thoughts(see Bad Ideas thread for examples). Another thing is that high intelligence tends to breed arrogance and stubbornness.

I do not mean anything against any participants on this forum. I am just pointing out that while this forum is typically above petty arguments, we also have some high potential for some really drawn out stupid arguments.
Didn't I tell you tomorrow that time is not linear?

Verator666: I get hot unicorn furry sex AND YOU DON'T!!

User avatar
d0rk
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:59 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby d0rk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:43 pm UTC

confession: the new avatar Insig Dei has annoys me a little.. (as do all anigifs by the way, nofi)

User avatar
RealGrouchy
Nobody Misses Me As Much As Meaux.
Posts: 6704
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 7:17 am UTC
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby RealGrouchy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:46 pm UTC

d0rk wrote:confession: the new avatar Insig Dei has annoys me a little.. (as do all anigifs by the way, nofi)
Yes, well, in no way are you speaking for the entire forum community.

- RG>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., lock'd
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to REMOVE THE GAP BETWEEN HIS QUOTES....
Sungura wrote:I don't really miss him. At all. He was pretty grouchy.

User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby fjafjan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:51 pm UTC

Confession: I am now gay for Alisto too.(adding him on the "gay for" list)

carainflames wrote:Alisto, you seem to have taken it upon yourself to speak for the population of the forum, I wasn't aware that there was such a spokesperson...you should probably have a quiet word with some of your citizenry because of all the people who've commented on how much they've enjoyed williamager's verbosity, you're the only one who seems to find it so offensive...the inconsistency tends to slightly weaken your argument some.

He is quite an excellent spokesperson for this forum because he generally knows what "goes and what does not". As he said if you want to write 18th century english then there are subforums that are perfectly valid for this, and those who love it can go and read it there.
Does that mean he is some kind of "what Alisto says is true" no not really but also note that there has been no serious objection to what he said from any regular, which means that at the very least he did not directly disagree with what is the for zeitgeist.
and how is it inconsistent?
Carainflames wrote:But really, more than anything else, your tone is rather aggressive, and you're tending to come across as quite the bully...if you don't enjoy what another has to say, there is a very simple approach you can adopt...just don't read it...you have no right whatsoever to try and silence another here purely because you don't admire their style of prose.

Actually that doesn't work, the "if you don't like it ignore" is not a good rule for moderation, because before I know I did not want to read anything I have to have already read it.. Too harsh? Maybe, but he also earned my manlove which surely must account for something, and besides, responding to someone who complained they cannot read Latin in Latin is pretty douchebaggy too.
As for his right to "silence someone else" well he certainly has the right to object to their wa of saying things, it's not like he's holding a gun to his head.


Honestly, I thought that this was a community that embraced people for their eccentricities, not belittled and ostracised them for not fitting into their ideal. I guess I'm just disappointed to discover that acceptance is as conditional here as in any other form of society.

hey being eccentric is fine, but it's altogether being pretentious, see no one HAS to add some Latin to their post to show off, that's not your little oddity that's just being a prick, but if you WANT to write latin there is a PLACE for that, just like if you want to write something about Coding etc etc. Simularily writing everything in the most roundabout way possible isn't particularily hard, atleast not for a decent number of people here but READING it makes your brain hurt because it's just silly, it's like writing all your posts in Pig latin except the more grown up version, if some people love it sure go it in the forum for linguistical quirks but it's annoying when you do it in the "general" forum.

Acceptance is always conditional because we are humans, because some people (and not specifically you or Williamager, but rather past and others) simply do not know how to behave with people and act like giant douchebags, what's the point in having them around?

Again it's not like we have some shape in which we press people but rather we want people here to make what they write readable and contribute to the community, to have some minimum level of consideration for other posters. If you want to call this "Conditional acceptance" that's up to you but in reality I think you are making a hen of a feather.

but nor I can't sit idly by while I feel that someone is being unjustly treated

I want to empathise that I am not trying to say "Hey don't object" but rather I am trying to say, what you were objecting to were not wrong.
Arguing with mods [about moderating ofcourse :P] => Don't
Arguing with forumites => please do

I might come off sounding too confrontational but essentially it's somewhat harsh, we are a community with some written and some non written rules, and a part of this community told someone new off as they were breaking the unwritten rule of "don't write pretentiously" aswell as "Don't write in Latin". It's not like some fascist movement to silence the poets.

Tl;dr Alisto you rock Cara you're wrong.
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Cheese » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:56 pm UTC

RealGrouchy wrote:
d0rk wrote:confession: the new avatar Insig Dei has annoys me a little.. (as do all anigifs by the way, nofi)
Yes, well, in no way are you speaking for the entire forum community.

- RG>


Correct. I'm sure there's someone out there that likes all anigifs.
It's not me, by the way.

Bakemaster wrote:Fix'd for what is actually the accepted practice here.


Ha, you said "Fix'd", with a capital "F"!
*mocks bakemaster mercilessly for this blatant breach of common sense*
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:11 pm UTC

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby TheKhakinator » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:43 pm UTC

d0rk wrote:confession: the new avatar Insig Dei has annoys me a little.. (as do all anigifs by the way, nofi)

For me it's just that its change rate between the two images is too slow so I find it unsettling because I'll be all relaxed reading a page then BAM something changes in the corner and I jump and then I don't see anything move so I settle again then BAM it goes off again until I stare in the right spot long enough to find out what it was.

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26823
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:58 pm UTC

fjafjan wrote:Arguing with mods [about moderating ofcourse :P] => Don't
Arguing with forumites [or with mods about random other things]=> please do

The bolded portion is important. There really isn't censorship here in the sense of, if you disagree with a mod or admin about ethics or sexuality or economics or whatever, anything bad will be done with you. (After all, Vaniver's still here.) I wouldn't want anyone getting the impression that action (post editing or banning) is taken simply because of a difference of opinion.

However, if you argue with mods about what they do as moderators, and especially if you do so publicly instead of via PMs, you're really asking for trouble. Also, if you are a douchebag when arguing with other forumites, expect to be called out on it.

Disclaimer: I am not a mod. Actual mods may do whatever they like, especially if it's funny.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
Posts: 30450
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Belial » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:59 pm UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Alisto, you seem to have taken it upon yourself to speak for the population of the forum, I wasn't aware that there was such a spokesperson...you should probably have a quiet word with some of your citizenry because of all the people who've commented on how much they've enjoyed williamager's verbosity, you're the only one who seems to find it so offensive...the inconsistency tends to slightly weaken your argument some.

But really, more than anything else, your tone is rather aggressive, and you're tending to come across as quite the bully...if you don't enjoy what another has to say, there is a very simple approach you can adopt...just don't read it...you have no right whatsoever to try and silence another here purely because you don't admire their style of prose.


In short: When you condescend to people, they respond. And it doesn't get much more condescending than that little "Oh, I don't hate Alisto, even if he is a dreadful mud creature" speech of william's.

Glass houses, bricks, etcetera.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.


They/them

User avatar
yellie
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:24 pm UTC
Location: Ireland

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby yellie » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:59 pm UTC

pollywog wrote:My confession: The All Black's loss to France has affected me more than it should have. I almost cried when the whistle blew. I've also started a hit list. First person on it: Wayne Barnes.


This was a bit back, but I only just read it and had to say: You are not alone. I actually did an Episode 3 and shouted "NOOOOO" when the whistle blew.

My dad is betting money that France will win the entire thing, even though they're the team that kicked Ireland out.

Confession: I hate my unpatriotic dad.

User avatar
Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:58 am UTC
Location: Earth, unfortunately.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Akira » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:01 pm UTC

TheKhakinator wrote:
d0rk wrote:confession: the new avatar Insig Dei has annoys me a little.. (as do all anigifs by the way, nofi)

For me it's just that its change rate between the two images is too slow so I find it unsettling because I'll be all relaxed reading a page then BAM something changes in the corner and I jump and then I don't see anything move so I settle again then BAM it goes off again until I stare in the right spot long enough to find out what it was.

I made a graphic once specifically for that purpose. It had a wall... and after about 5 seconds, this big eye would bulge out of it, blink, and then flatten back into it. It was amusing to me.
Image
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby fjafjan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:03 pm UTC

yellie wrote:Confession: I hate my unpatriotic dad.

Because he's unpatriotic?

Also, curse you Belial for compressing what I try to say into something people will actually read instead of skim/skip over. Damn your brevity to hell!
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

User avatar
yellie
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:24 pm UTC
Location: Ireland

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby yellie » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:07 pm UTC

fjafjan wrote:
yellie wrote:Confession: I hate my unpatriotic dad.

Because he's unpatriotic?

Shockingly, yes. :o

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:29 am UTC

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Angelene » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:08 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
In short: When you condescend to people, they respond. And it doesn't get much more condescending than that little "Oh, I don't hate Alisto, even if he is a dreadful mud creature" speech of william's.

Glass houses, bricks, etcetera.


This debacle didn't start in this thread, though.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

User avatar
SimonM
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:49 pm UTC
Location: Guernsey, CI
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby SimonM » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:15 pm UTC

yellie wrote:
fjafjan wrote:
yellie wrote:Confession: I hate my unpatriotic dad.

Because he's unpatriotic?

Shockingly, yes. :o


Whoa! Hate is a powerful emotion, and punishment for what? Not feeling attached to something of which you have no choice of being attached to... That was aimed at the patriotism side, but could be taken either way.
mosc wrote:How did you LEARN, exactly, to suck?

User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby fjafjan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC

yellie wrote:
fjafjan wrote:
yellie wrote:Confession: I hate my unpatriotic dad.

Because he's unpatriotic?

Shockingly, yes. :o

...
*Adds to the loony list*
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

User avatar
yellie
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:24 pm UTC
Location: Ireland

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby yellie » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:23 pm UTC

Confession: So much of what I write is sarcastic, fanciful, and generally should be taken with a gallon of salt. :D

User avatar
TigerX
its the squiggles dude!
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 5:16 am UTC
Location: Clemson, SC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby TigerX » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:23 pm UTC

Nationalism sucks anyway... ;-)

User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby fjafjan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:25 pm UTC

yellie wrote:Confession: So much of what I write is sarcastic, fanciful, and generally should be taken with a gallon of salt. :D

Well see some people here are on the loony list for saying exactly what you were joking about so my sarcasm meter is broken from too much crazyness.

*pours some salt on you*

(good to know you're not actually crazy, I was running out of space to write my loony list anyway)
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

User avatar
KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:11 pm UTC
Location: Hangin' with Sir Dickwad at the Bubble Palace.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby KicktheCAN » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:52 pm UTC

TheKhakinator wrote:
d0rk wrote:confession: the new avatar Insig Dei has annoys me a little.. (as do all anigifs by the way, nofi)

For me it's just that its change rate between the two images is too slow so I find it unsettling because I'll be all relaxed reading a page then BAM something changes in the corner and I jump and then I don't see anything move so I settle again then BAM it goes off again until I stare in the right spot long enough to find out what it was.


Exactly, if it is a constant motion like and animation then it is fine but otherwise it just gets annoying. I feel as if I must view both frames each time I see it.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

User avatar
Grlmm
Would like to buy a vowel
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 pm UTC
Location: Indiana.

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Grlmm » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:01 pm UTC

Confession: The more my father tries to get close to me, the more he tries to treat me like an adult...the more disgusted I am with myself.

User avatar
Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:58 am UTC
Location: Earth, unfortunately.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Akira » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:03 pm UTC

Confession: I've been thinking for weeks of what i need when my dad comes to take me shopping, but right now, i can only think of toilet paper, shampoo and conditioner, pocky, and mango juice.
Image
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

User avatar
Grlmm
Would like to buy a vowel
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 pm UTC
Location: Indiana.

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Grlmm » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:04 pm UTC

Akira wrote:Confession: I've been thinking for weeks of what i need when my dad comes to take me shopping, but right now, i can only think of toilet paper, shampoo and conditioner, pocky, and mango juice.

Make him buy you an adult movie, or a dildo. If the former, make it something extreme. Something that would make you gag if you weren't trying for effect.

If the latter, shoot for something bigger than your arm, and black.

User avatar
Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:58 am UTC
Location: Earth, unfortunately.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Akira » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:07 pm UTC

O_O... Pass, thanks. >_<

I need printer paper, too.
Image
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

User avatar
Grlmm
Would like to buy a vowel
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 pm UTC
Location: Indiana.

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Grlmm » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:09 pm UTC

Eh, I tried.

User avatar
biolution
Ken
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:05 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby biolution » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:18 pm UTC

Alisto wrote:tl;dr version: Stop being a pretentious d-bag.


I gotta say, Alisto has a point, and said it much better than I would have.

CaraInFrames wrote:But really, more than anything else, your tone is rather aggressive, and you're tending to come across as quite the bully


Oh man, you shoulda read some of the replies I didn't press submit to. They were downright abusive.

User avatar
williamager
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:32 am UTC
Location: Aldeburgh, Suffolk (actually US...)
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby williamager » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:02 pm UTC

biolution wrote:
Alisto wrote:tl;dr version: Stop being a pretentious d-bag.


I gotta say, Alisto has a point, and said it much better than I would have.


He does, but he makes a few mistakes in his assumptions, one of them being that I write in this way with the intention of being condescending. I don't; it's simply the way I write, and it is far more awkward for me to use any other style, as I noted sometime earlier in this thread. As for the Latin, I usually use it when I want something which takes the reader some time and effort to decipher, somewhat like posting in rot13. I don't use rot13 because it gives the impression of malevolence, but I hadn't realized that the Latin gave the impression of condescension. When first responding to Alisto, I had meant only to say that I was taught by masters of that most ignoble art (the writing of incomprehensible ramblings) he had mentioned.

In other words, it would be rather difficult for me to stop being, as he sees it, a pretentious d-bag, and I would be unlikely to go through that effort and the corresponding loss of enjoyment for what he describes as a fucking internet forum.

CaraInFrames wrote:But really, more than anything else, your tone is rather aggressive, and you're tending to come across as quite the bully


Oh man, you shoulda read some of the replies I didn't press submit to. They were downright abusive.


I don't particularly mind. Once one has had a sizeable group of people devoting a large portion of their lives to vandalizing one's Wikipedia userpage, most other attacks on the internet seem trivial, especially when many of the complaints are true.

But I hadn't meant, in writing that incidental comment on the last page, to provoke such a flamewar, or to cause offence to Alisto, whose dislike of my verbosity I can fully respect. So hopefully, this will be the last post on the matter here, and we can go back to the usual off-topic discussions that predominate.
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse

User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby fjafjan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:15 pm UTC

I guess there is no responce to the guy that writes post even longer than your own, what's with the double standard?
He does, but he makes a few mistakes in his assumptions, one of them being that I write in this way with the intention of being condescending. I don't; it's simply the way I write, and it is far more awkward for me to use any other style, as I noted sometime earlier in this thread.

If you only speak pig latin that's a damn shame.


In other words, it would be rather difficult for me to stop being, as he sees it, a pretentious d-bag, and I would be unlikely to go through that effort and the corresponding loss of enjoyment for what he describes as a fucking internet forum.

We don't fucking enjoy it
he makes a few mistakes in his assumptions


So while my posts were not directly quoting you they certainly contained some, what you say, valuable commentary.
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

User avatar
rxninja
Posts: 667
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:16 am UTC

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby rxninja » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:18 pm UTC

Confession: Last night I made out with someone in a kitchen. Said kitchen was neither mine nor theirs.


@ Cheese- I know how you feel. There's no real appropriate imagery for H2G2 stuff that's not movie-affiliated, and this image was honestly the first avatar-sized one I found on my computer. It'll likely change soon.

@ Everybody arguing about whatever- Can't we all just get along?
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I miss a lot of people, too. Fortunately, ammo is cheap.

sophyturtle wrote:I think nudity is the solution for everything...

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26823
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:21 pm UTC

williamager wrote:In other words, it would be rather difficult for me to stop being, as he sees it, a pretentious d-bag

Fair enough. You go on being a pretentious douchebag (c'mon, you know you can say it) and we'll go ahead and continue criticizing you for it.

Deal?

Since, you know, it's just as hard for me not to cringe when I see someone who seems to put so much work into being overly verbose (redundant, I know) as it apparently is for you to write in modern English.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
TigerX
its the squiggles dude!
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 5:16 am UTC
Location: Clemson, SC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby TigerX » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:27 pm UTC

I think all of you people need to grow up. We have an ignore function for a reason.

User avatar
williamager
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:32 am UTC
Location: Aldeburgh, Suffolk (actually US...)
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby williamager » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:29 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
williamager wrote:In other words, it would be rather difficult for me to stop being, as he sees it, a pretentious d-bag

Fair enough. You go on being a pretentious douchebag (c'mon, you know you can say it) and we'll go ahead and continue criticizing you for it.

Deal?

Since, you know, it's just as hard for me not to cringe when I see someone who seems to put so much work into being overly verbose (redundant, I know) as it apparently is for you to write in modern English.


That sounds acceptable.

I wasn't sure whether d-bag and douchebag were the same things, so I just repeated what someone else had said.
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse

User avatar
KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:11 pm UTC
Location: Hangin' with Sir Dickwad at the Bubble Palace.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby KicktheCAN » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:30 pm UTC

fjafjan wrote:
In other words, it would be rather difficult for me to stop being, as he sees it, a pretentious d-bag, and I would be unlikely to go through that effort and the corresponding loss of enjoyment for what he describes as a fucking internet forum.

We don't fucking enjoy it


Some of us find it rather refreshing.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

User avatar
Verator
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:45 pm UTC
Location: 17/Male/Dayton area, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Verator » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:34 pm UTC

rxninja wrote: @ Everybody arguing about whatever- Can't we all just get along?


You're assuming we want to get along, and @ William, there's a difference between using a rich vocabulary to provide a more sophisticated explanation of your opinions and the flowery prose that you seem to use in place of true conversational discourse. You're life is not a fantastical dramatic story which requires the combined linguistic might of the aristocratic English literary past to bring into the minds of the general public.

Second, as fjafjan pointed out, your avoidance of replying to his long well-written quality post accentuates the image of you simply trying to be a pretentious superior aristocrat and flaunt your 'intellectual superiority.'
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

User avatar
williamager
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:32 am UTC
Location: Aldeburgh, Suffolk (actually US...)
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby williamager » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:37 pm UTC

rxninja wrote:Confession: Last night I made out with someone in a kitchen. Said kitchen was neither mine nor theirs.


How did you manage to get into that sort of situation? Or did the kitchen belong to someone related to you?
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse

User avatar
Verator
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:45 pm UTC
Location: 17/Male/Dayton area, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby Verator » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:40 pm UTC

TigerX wrote:I think all of you people need to grow up. We have an ignore function for a reason.


I think you need to realize that We thrive on arguing
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

User avatar
williamager
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:32 am UTC
Location: Aldeburgh, Suffolk (actually US...)
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread

Postby williamager » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:42 pm UTC

Verator wrote:
TigerX wrote:I think all of you people need to grow up. We have an ignore function for a reason.


I think you need to realize that We thrive on arguing


I think that should be extended to The Internet thrives on arguing.
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests