Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Nebulae

Re: Confessional Thread - Can't Please the Cheese

Postby Nebulae » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:43 am UTC

Robin S wrote:Confession: I have to make a constant effort to avoid coming across as self-centred. Even then I feel I often fail.

What do you mean by self-centered? What may seem so to you, may just be normal to the rest of us. There's nothin' wrong with a healthy ambition, or talking with other people about, well, you. (Otherwise how are they going to get to know you anyway)
Last edited by Nebulae on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:50 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!

Postby xndrew » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:44 am UTC

Robin S wrote:Confession: I have to make a constant effort to avoid coming across as self-centred. Even then I feel I often fail.

Don't worry about it, the worlds starts with and ends with me. I just try to appear more open than that.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:55 am UTC

Nebulae wrote:What do you mean by self-centered? What may seem so to you, may just be normal to the rest of us. There's nothin' wrong with a healthy ambition, or talking with other people about, well, you. (Otherwise how are they going to get to know you anyway)
I mean that I talk obsessively about various things relating to myself, and very little about anyone else. This isn't just on the forums; it's everywhere. It may be more noticeable face-to-face, in fact, since here there is a wealth of subjects to comment on already whereas in day-to-day conversation it is up to me to ask other people about themselves.

I take your point that there's nothing wrong with talking about yourself, but this tendency was also one of the main things mentioned from my assessment when I was diagnosed with Asperger's. In a world where no-one minded, I probably would talk about myself and my interests non-stop.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:09 am UTC

Bando wrote:Confession: I can't break up with my girlfriend because I don't want to her to be sad and cry.
I had this, a while back. The solution: 1L of Croatian Cherry Wine!.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:10 am UTC

Robin S wrote:I mean that I talk obsessively about various things relating to myself, and very little about anyone else. This isn't just on the forums; it's everywhere. It may be more noticeable face-to-face, in fact, since here there is a wealth of subjects to comment on already whereas in day-to-day conversation it is up to me to ask other people about themselves.

I take your point that there's nothing wrong with talking about yourself, but this tendency was also one of the main things mentioned from my assessment when I was diagnosed with Asperger's. In a world where no-one minded, I probably would talk about myself and my interests non-stop.

I do this. And, though it's not asperger's, it's something similar.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:14 am UTC

My little confession: Sometimes I do things I think are cool just to be more cool and be able to talk about it, not because I really want to do it.

Shame.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:15 am UTC

confession: i'm addicted to chapstick. (chapstick being any kind of waxy lip protectant, not the brand specifically)

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:35 am UTC

By the way, ThorFluff, I've just realized another reason why the Alex I know is a coincidence - the two of us are in a group of students going to Stockholm for a couple of days in June.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:36 am UTC

@f_s:

Trust us, well, if you can't trust them at least trust me. You're [fricking]awesome![/fricking]

It is in fact, the very randomness and eccentricity, the oddity you are, that draws these, and I, like helpless servants of the hypnotoad. (All Hail The Hypnotoad!)

. . .

Anywho, you're fascinating, adorable, enjoyable, and otherwise sweet. Trying to pretend otherwise just makes it all the more noticeable.

Confession: I fear I will be jealous. (Not of functionally_stupid.)
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Sissi

Postby Sissi » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:43 am UTC

Trying to pretend otherwise... Is correct.

And, Thor, congrats. I think falling for a person for who they are--or who they seem to be--is one of the larger purposes of life.

Oh, and I just remembered I thought about f_s earlier today during work. Something to do with her killing me and than sodomizing the corpse. Don't bother asking, as I totally forgot what else I was thinking about during that moment.
Last edited by Sissi on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I turned my smilies off.
ParanoydAndroid wrote:I'd like to keep my sexuality firmly ambiguous in their minds

Pandercolour

Postby Pandercolour » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:52 am UTC

Confession: I owe my friend my soul, and do't know how to repay it.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:05 am UTC

Sissi wrote:Oh, and I just remembered I thought about f_s earlier today during work. Something to do with her killing me and than sodomizing the corpse. Don't bother asking, as I totally forgot what else I was thinking about during that moment.

Confession: First thought: "Kinky!"

Confession: I can't tell if f_s is one of those "Oh but how could you all so like poor little me?" people or just a cool person.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:55 am UTC

Confession: I actually care about what people think about me on the fora.

A lot.

I am a nice guy... seriously. *puppy dog eyes*

Pandercolour

Postby Pandercolour » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:13 am UTC

Aleril wrote:Confession: I actually care about what people think about me on the fora.

Well, I guess you're out of luck, my man.

Confession: I am not afraid to purchase women's health items for certain people, and yet my friends make a stupidly big deal out of it so I punch them for being dumb.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:47 am UTC

Sissi wrote:Oh, and I just remembered I thought about f_s earlier today during work. Something to do with her killing me and than sodomizing the corpse.

Functionally_Stupid Has A Typical Reaction!
Spoiler:
First thought: "Yaaaaaay! Someone thought about me!"

Second thought: .... D: ?

Third thought: .... .... D:?

Fourth thought: "Ha ha ha! Someone thought about me! That's so neat!"

Fifth thought: I wonder how on earth I would go about sodomizing a corpse without actually having a penis? I mean, okay, you could always violate the body with external tools like a strap-on or a pointy stick, but really, I think that would just ruin the horrifying sexual aspect and turn it into more of a taboo disrespect-of-the-dead type of thing, at least as long as we're talking about *me*, which, in the context of my rather scientific belief system, is completely meaningless; however, I guess you really can't discount the fact that these religious laws arose out of very powerful human feelings to begin with. I mean I've never particularly wanted to bone a corpse because of my inability to feel emotions for the 'shell' of a former human; so in a sense I suppose I do espouse some elements of conventional Christianity, in that I believe the body to be the temple of the mind, and one simply does not go around desecrating temples, but my interpretation is much more cynical in that I believe the body is a mere vehicle for the brain and bears no meaning after death. This is all a completely roundabout way of getting to the point, the point being that if I wanted to fuck a dead body, sodomy would definitely not be the first on any list of possible maneuvers. That is my official policy on the matter. ... You know. In case that ever comes up.

Sixth thought: Did I eat dinner?

On a completely unrelated note to bbctol: Damned if I know what the fuck I am. Most of my friends and family seem to privately agree that I ended up in this dimension due to an astronomical filing error. Still, they're fond enough of me. *shrug* C'est la vie. I've pretty much decided not to bother defining myself much farther beyond "completely insane" - mostly that's because I'm lazy, but it's also because I'm really just generally *okay* with there not being a word for me.

The word would probably be something like "ishkabibble". Or "sneekity-flop". Or "niddley-feep".

Actual confession: I have told my younger brother more than once in the past week, nearly word-for-word, "Come here and let me tug at your earlobes, boy, it'll make you grow into a wise man." Either I am making a clever reference to common symbolism in classical Chinese art, or I just really like dicking around with the kid's head.
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

Zak

Postby Zak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:51 am UTC

:lol: Don't screw him up too badly, he may need to go outside in his adult life.
*waggles eyebrows*

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:01 am UTC

You never know. He may be able to put them to some use...

Spoiler contains moderately large image:
Spoiler:

Yes, that is what it looks like.

Zak

Postby Zak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:03 am UTC

A broken link?
*waggles eyebrows*

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:04 am UTC

Fixed.

Zak

Postby Zak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:05 am UTC

eh, it's probably me then, as i am forced into using ie.
*waggles eyebrows*

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:29 am UTC

Somehow, I am very grateful for the fact that I can't see that picture...
Ptolom wrote:penis

Zak

Postby Zak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:35 am UTC

Confession: i like to listen to german synth pop precisely because i cannot understand it. The lyrics don't get in the way of how cool it sounds.
*waggles eyebrows*

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:38 am UTC

Z.A.K wrote:Confession: i like to listen to german synth pop precisely because i cannot understand it. The lyrics don't get in the way of how cool it sounds.

Lol, that is what I always had with regular, English, music. :lol:

Zak

Postby Zak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:46 am UTC

Ooh, this made me remember something, before you understood english, what did it sound like?
*waggles eyebrows*

mrorange
Something from Reservoir Dogs, perhaps?

Postby mrorange » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:55 am UTC

stupid dont open
Spoiler:
confession: im really bad at loving people, i never care about people at the right time when they need it the most or when its appropriate or at the right level or whatever else i just fail.
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff
BomanTheBear wrote: but then i started playing rugby and breakdancing.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 am UTC

bbctol wrote:Confession: I can't tell if f_s is one of those "Oh but how could you all so like poor little me?" people or just a cool person.

Confession: I've been pondering this one myself, no offense f_s. I'm leaning more towards the *cool person* side right now (mostly because the rest of the forum thinks so, and because your posts are fairly articulate as well; you seem to have put a lot of effort into many of them.) However, I have noticed that some of the things that you have said are a bit...odd, and perhaps inconsistent, considering your intelligence.

That being said, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I've come to the conclusion that, even if you really are a joke character of sorts, that it wouldn't make any damned difference at all, since your posts are so entertaining anyway. Furthermore, internet personalities aren't really supposed to be an accurate representations of self in the first place (although these fora seem to have bent that rule all out of shape), and if you've managed to hoodwink such an intelligent forum with an amazingly convincing persona, then I must tip my hat off to you for being a great illusionist.

On a side note: One of my friends actually entered a two year long online relationship with a completely fabricated internet personality and person. In the end, it was discovered that it was actually a girl that had created the fake (male) persona, and who had been toying with my friend's feelings for sheer amusement. Needless to say, it was twisted beyond belief, and she ended up being hurt for a very long time after that. (This was merely an interesting anecdote, I'm not insinuating anything about you at all here f_s)

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:55 am UTC

Z.A.K wrote:Ooh, this made me remember something, before you understood english, what did it sound like?

Depends what music you're aiming at... But, one thing never changed: I hate R&B :mrgreen:

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:30 am UTC

f_s is hands down my favorite niddley feep.

xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!

Postby xndrew » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:28 pm UTC

ishkabibble sounds like a title to me.

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:33 pm UTC

I have used ishkabibble to describe indescribable things before. I thinks it's a more popular word in Long Island (Where I'm from)
Then, of course there is the ever-loved "itzakadoozie" although you may recognize that as a frozen treat of the popsicles format.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:50 pm UTC

I'm a bit late, but congratulations Thor! I'm so happy for you. ^_^

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:03 pm UTC

Bear, you made me smile this morning. :-)

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:35 pm UTC

Aleril wrote:Confession: I actually care about what people think about me on the fora.

A lot.
Too much?
Confession: This is QFT.

Also, Confession: I'm bored as hell, even though there are a great many useful things I could be doing right now. I'm probably going to end up feeling really guilty and annoyed at myself if I don't get up from the computer soon - and I doubt I'll manage it.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:42 pm UTC

[shameless plug]Cheese, if you're bored you could join the alliance [/shameless plug]

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:10 pm UTC

I'm already on NationStates ([plug]see the sig[/plug]), and really don't want another thing that'll take up all my time.

Anyway, I'm feeling more useful now - I've done most of my week's homework, and cleared my room a little.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:32 pm UTC

Confession: I'm the spawn of a moron who just bought five packs of BOGO socks, and not in the general buy-one-get-one-free sense in which all socks should be sold; this was BOGO buy the pack.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:54 pm UTC

At F_S (previous page post) and everyone else.
Thanks for the support :)
Also, Alex was 404 on msn today, why oh why do i worry so much?
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:59 pm UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Confession: I'm the spawn of a moron who just bought five packs of BOGO socks, and not in the general buy-one-get-one-free sense in which all socks should be sold; this was BOGO buy the pack.

To be fair, 5 packs sounds about right for lasting a few years... 6 packs would typically last an eternity. The elastic would likely dryrot in the 6th pack before even being opened.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:06 pm UTC

Confession: I wish I could drop out sometimes. But I know better.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:08 pm UTC

If you do, don't forget to turn on and tune in first!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Return to “General”