Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby Cheese » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:51 pm UTC

EDIT: The 'main confession', as this is the top of a page - I hate having to look back a page for something:
I Am Raven wrote:Not so much of a confession, but I still think it belongs here:
I was seriously (no, seriously) in love with this super sweet (if you apply grammar to that correctly it should've been "superly sweet"), extremely pretty and infitively kind girl. But she didn't like me... Anywayz, after about 4 months I had this teensy little job with this teensy amount of money, but I met another girl there. And I totally (...) fell in love with her. Too!
So now I am in love with two (that's right I said "two) girls. ( I am 15. the first girl is 16 and the second one is 18, but frankly, I don't care.)
The thing is, I don't want to love two people, it's way to confusing :?
What should I do? Ban one of them from my life? Never talk to her again? I couldn't do that. What can I?
I Am Raven wrote:(Deep deep deeeeeeeep confession: I hope SecondTalon, ThorFluffs or Cheese has something nice to say to me, because I like them exceptionally :oops: .)
...thank you, this is probably the most cheering thing I've read recently. It's too easy in a commmunity this size to feel that you're not noticed by anyone, or worse that you're hated by all - to find that someone might look up to me or think that I give good advice gives me a warm feeling inside.

On your main confession: If the first one doesn't like you, you're probably best trying to get over them (hard as that will sound (and is)). I tend to get far too obsessive about crushes, so if/when things don't happen the way I'd hoped, I spend several weeks trying to put that person out of my head, at least in the whole 'potential partner' way. Then give up - I fail at doing that, so can't really advise you on it, sorry.
But if the 'not liking' is not actually the opposite of 'liking', just its absence, you still have chances - talk to her, get to know her as a friend... then at least if you don't end up going out with her or anything, you'll have a new friend (maybe more, if you're introduced to her social circle). Just don't try and be sly about it, as that has a reeeally low success rate - just say 'hi' at a convenient point, and ask her a few questions.
The previous paragraph applies reasonably well to the second girl, I think... but on the topic of 'loving two', I have to say this: Enjoy it. Revel in the fact that there's more than one person out there that can make you feel special, and remember it. Just don't try and make passes at both of them - pick the one you have better chances with if you want to do anything.
Confession: I'm fairly sure that I suck at relationship advice. If I get praised for this post, my day will be even better. I will probably get up and jump around the room.
Confession: I add afterthoughts to everything, which makes my posts very disorganised.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
I Am Raven
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 am UTC
Location: Amsterdam.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:57 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:Well first, you said one didn't like you. If you have no chance with her, I'd say drop that one.

If not, then choose the one you feel you could have a better relationship with. The one you can talk to the easiest, who's always there when you need her, the one you seem to like better.


Well... that is sort of true, but the first one is more of a person-I-want-to-spend-the-rest-of-my-life-with, coz she's already very nice to have as a friend. So I'm not gonnah drop that one.
And the second one makes me feel all tingly inside when she so much as even looks at me.
I can talk to both of them very easiely, they both seem to understand me somehow. I've never really needed someone "to be there"... And to be honest: I both like them "better"... I just can't pick one...

(But thank you so much for showing that you care about some complete stranger on the internet. Welcome to the ICFRPOTIC, I Care For Random People On The Intertnet Club. You, Cheese, are also welcome.)


"Confession: I'm fairly sure that I suck at relationship advice. If I get praised for this post, my day will be even better."
I hereby praise you for that post. You have been a great help to me.
Ptolom wrote:penis

User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
Posts: 30450
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby Belial » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:02 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:...thank you, this is probably the most cheering thing I've read recently. It's too easy in a commmunity this size to feel that you're not noticed by anyone, or worse that you're hated by all - to find that someone might look up to me or think that I give good advice gives me a warm feeling inside.


And as someone who was once hated by all, you'd know.

That said, cheese, if it helps you feel better, your general improvement and transformation into a respectable forumite whose posts are enjoyable to read and who is generally an all around pretty cool guy has been discussed a few times in the mod forum. It has definitely not gone unnoticed.

So, you know. Continue feeling warm.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.


They/them

User avatar
ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 am UTC
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby ThorFluff » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:(Deep deep deeeeeeeep confession: I hope SecondTalon, ThorFluffs or Cheese has something nice to say to me, because I like them exceptionally :oops: .)

Somebody... likes me exceptionally
*gets all warm and fuzzy*

I say, try to be as much as you can with both, the one that "doesn't like you" not that i see how anyone could not! the 16 year old. Will probably not turn around and start finding you hot all of a sudden, and the 18year old is probably looking for guys atleast 10 years older then you. But with her you can atleast enjoy her company as much as possible, get into some kind of "little brother" relation, if you say you like her like her she's unlikely to take you seriously anyway. In short:
Enjoy thier company as much as you possibly can. Should one of them suddenly find you interesting, then Go for it! It's OK to be inlove with everyone at once! The more the merrier! It's not as ok to be in a relation with many at once (unless it's be previously confirmed ofcourse, but that might be jumping the gun "a bit" for a 15year old ;)). Love them both with all your heart and enjoy them as much as you can!
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.


krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby Aleril » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:15 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:...thank you, this is probably the most cheering thing I've read recently. It's too easy in a commmunity this size to feel that you're not noticed by anyone, or worse that you're hated by all - to find that someone might look up to me or think that I give good advice gives me a warm feeling inside.


Confession: I think this is actually the feeling I am looking for in this forum because right now I just feel like another member.

I want to feel like somebody.
Image

User avatar
Nebulae
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:20 pm UTC
Location: Anywhere

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby Nebulae » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:24 pm UTC

Belial wrote:And as someone who was once hated by all, you'd know.

Cheese used to be hated by all? That ain't possible!

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby Cheese » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:40 pm UTC

Nebulae wrote:
Belial wrote:And as someone who was once hated by all, you'd know.
Cheese used to be hated by all? That ain't possible!
Ever read the 'custom titles' thread in Site/Forum issues? No?

From about page 20, you can find a great guide on how to get hated by all. Just look for the posts with my avatar, sig &c next to them!

(I'd strongly recommend reading the thread in its entirety, though, as I lol'd at much of it - and you'll learn a lot about several members of the fora, and understand their titles)
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Aluminus
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:51 pm UTC
Location: View From Space

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby Aluminus » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:33 pm UTC

Confession: Part of me doesn't want a title because then it would mean I'd have to live up to it through my posts, and I don't think I am notorious enough for one anyway.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

User avatar
MFHodge
Posts: 4246
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:27 pm UTC
Location: :noitacoL Raleigh, NC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby MFHodge » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:29 pm UTC

Well, you wouldn't have to be Number 1. I'm already on top of that.

Wait a second . . . is my title a pee joke?

(No, it isn't.)
Image

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Jessica » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:38 pm UTC

I think of titles as something that's earned through exposure to the board. At least on the other forum I goto, people get titles for recognition.

Thus, I don't really think asking for a title makes sense (because of my view of titles).
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 am UTC
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby ThorFluff » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:35 pm UTC

i got my title in this thread, it means Masturbation Bear and it's the reason i changed my avatar:P
It freaked I_D out too much ;)
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.


krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

User avatar
El Senor Fruit Swing
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:57 pm UTC
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:38 pm UTC

Confession: Charging my Ipod will most likely make me late for work,
Confession's confession: I'm charging my Ipod so I have something to listen to on my way to work
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

User avatar
TigerX
its the squiggles dude!
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 5:16 am UTC
Location: Clemson, SC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby TigerX » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:55 pm UTC

ThorFluff wrote:i got my title in this thread, it means Masturbation Bear and it's the reason i changed my avatar:P
It freaked I_D out too much ;)
I still call him Bear to this day. :-D

User avatar
Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 am UTC
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Berengal » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:19 pm UTC

Confession 1: I haven't been to this forum for over a month. The guilt I've been feeling over this has grown exponentially, but I don't even know why I should feel guilty. It's not as if people would die without me or anything.

Confession 2: I haven't been to a single lecture at university for over a month either. I dropped out of a class, but only because I decided to work instead, and that class had lots of assignments which felt too much like homeworkgrinding and too little like actually learning so as to give me more time to work (and earn money. Mmmmm, money). The other two classes I'm taking I'm doing just fine in. Actually better, since I apparantly kick so much ass. I do feel guilty about not going because it means I don't get to know the rest of my fellow students (there's only one I would even acknowledge if I met him on the streets, and three others I know the name of). Most assignments are two-week group-projects, which I've been doing alone in a single evening, but it feels like I'm missing out on all the how-to-work-as-a-team knowledge.

Confession 3: I haven't spoken to one of my friends for... god, over three months. Maybe I should just drop her off my friend list, as she hasn't spoken to me either...
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

User avatar
MFHodge
Posts: 4246
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:27 pm UTC
Location: :noitacoL Raleigh, NC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby MFHodge » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:23 pm UTC

Maybe it changes with age, but three months really doesn't seem like that long. Certainly not long enough to consider dropping someone you consider a friend.
Image

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby felltir » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:24 pm UTC

Confession: I have some very strange sexual desires I can't bring myself to specify.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
ParanoydAndroid
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:56 am UTC
Location: Pearl City, HI
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby ParanoydAndroid » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:29 pm UTC

ThorFluff wrote:i got my title in this thread, it means Masturbation Bear and it's the reason i changed my avatar:P
It freaked I_D out too much ;)

Confession: I was so intrigued by the thought process that led to the title of masturbation bear, I went and looked up the relevant posts ... totally unhelpful.

-B

edit: ah .. er ... ok ... found the origins. Wish I hadn't :D
I may be an idiot sir, but one thing I am not, sir, is an idiot.

User avatar
TigerX
its the squiggles dude!
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 5:16 am UTC
Location: Clemson, SC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby TigerX » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:57 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:Confession: I have some very strange sexual desires I can't bring myself to specify.

The intrigue is in what they are... Every one here has strange sexual desires. ;-)

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Cheese » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:26 pm UTC

Confession: I'm at a party and talking to people on these fora and over msn. I really need to find better parties.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am UTC
Location: Through the mother@#$%ing looking glass.

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:36 pm UTC

Yeah. . . Sorry about that Thor.

Confession: Sometimes I think I'm seriously too thin-skinned for this place.

@ParanoydAndroid: Not often someone actually does that legwork.

@Gharbad: Ultimately, they're an immortalisation of something you said, did, have a habit of, or begged for. Unfortunately, my reputation precedes me.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Jessica » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:42 pm UTC

The way I see it, either I'll get one or I won't. I won't ask for one though.

Man, there are a number of people who's posts always make me smile.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Aleril » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:43 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:Confession: I'm at a party and talking to people on these fora and over msn. I really need to find better parties.



The best kind of party is a fora party.
Image

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Jessica » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Confession: I've had sex and really didn't care for it, and as such don't care for it much now.
It may have something to do with the person it was with. It has at least in part to do with the wrong body doing the sexing. Part of it probably is also the whole first time, not very good. Not to mention my libido is horribly down from the pills I'm taking to transition (but that wasn't happening at the time, that's more of a now thing).

But, I just didn't feel great about it, and it's coloured my idea of it.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

WraithXt1
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:26 pm UTC

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby WraithXt1 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:47 pm UTC

Gharbad wrote:But, I just didn't feel great about it, and it's coloured my idea of it.


Dont let it! Few people have a great or even good time the first go!

User avatar
Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am UTC
Location: Through the mother@#$%ing looking glass.

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:57 pm UTC

Most have a downright horrible time, as I recall.

Just have to move on and, as they say, keep on fuckin'.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Jessica » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:17 am UTC

I'd need someone to fuck to "keep on fucking".
Not to mention, while I'm not adverse to it, I just don't have any desire to. Very little sex drive left.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
Goatboy
may become less boring.
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:03 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Goatboy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:43 am UTC

Confession: I finally feel like I'm one of you; I got sig'd!

Edit: Also, I pedanted Cheese. Yay fora!
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

User avatar
koneko
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 am UTC

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby koneko » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:58 am UTC

confession: i just found a blockbuster vid that was due a week ago, and i'm waaay too lazy to do it now. oh well.
ImageImage

User avatar
UmbralRaptor
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:47 pm UTC
Location: Officially: KC area, Kansas, USA, Sol III
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby UmbralRaptor » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:10 am UTC

ThorFluff wrote:i got my title in this thread, it means Masturbation Bear and it's the reason i changed my avatar:P
It freaked I_D out too much ;)

Is it bad that Masturbation Bear made me think of Sexual Harassment Panda?
Why do you assume that I exist?

User avatar
cypherspace
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:48 pm UTC
Location: Londonia

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby cypherspace » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:17 am UTC

UmbralRaptor wrote:
ThorFluff wrote:i got my title in this thread, it means Masturbation Bear and it's the reason i changed my avatar:P
It freaked I_D out too much ;)

Is it bad that Masturbation Bear made me think of Sexual Harassment Panda?

Now you've mentioned it, I feel bad that I didn't think of Sexual Harassment Panda.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

User avatar
Aluminus
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:51 pm UTC
Location: View From Space

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Aluminus » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:19 am UTC

And with that, the thread title has taken another unsightly turn.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

User avatar
The Spherical Cow
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:10 pm UTC
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby The Spherical Cow » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:25 am UTC

Confession: I had a hysterical (and I don't mean the funny kind) turn earlier tonight, after a whole bunch of people didn't reply to my phone calls. One did, a couple hours later and we went out and had a decent night out.

I worry that I reacted so badly in the first place.

User avatar
Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am UTC
Location: Through the mother@#$%ing looking glass.

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:37 am UTC

I wouldn't blame you for reacting that way. Sounds like something that would drive me foaming.

Confession:

I think I make people feel guilty.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

User avatar
Vandole
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:04 am UTC
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Vandole » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:07 am UTC

Confession: I am moodswinging like crazy and I have no idea why. I'm not sure whether I want to go punch something, hug someone, or curl up into a ball and cry. :?
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

User avatar
Knucklecallus093
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:45 am UTC

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Knucklecallus093 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:43 am UTC

Confession: I have way too high standards for girls, both in the mental and physical aspect. Although the physical part is diminishing, I think, it still disturbs me. I just don't find any excess fat arousing... but I reject really skinny. It is that muscle definition that I am after. I despise my ridiculous standards. Even if I find a girl that is exceptionally intelligent and fit, she usually has a boyfriend. And I cannot rule over my own moral standards; breaking apart a relationship purposefully, for only my benefit, is a sin (to me). I know that I can "get" the girl, I am repeatedly told that I am one of the most talked about and sought after guys at my (private) school. But I really doubt that I could pull it off, I do not have the mental organization or the confidence to do anything risky for a girl, I have a long history of getting hurt emotionally. (depressingly long story, social rejection. Most here, I think I have gathered, can understand this.) I haven't had action since last july, with my ex-girlfriend. Not just because of a lack of potential subjects... Just my moral restrictions and self-awareness getting in the way.

At least I try to stick to my outcast roots, and I associate myself with no-one but the not-mainstream.
I also am irresponsible. I hate that.

XKCD is my obsession. Ah, the intelligent congregation! I never really realized that there was a forum here, I just had xkcd bookmarked so I could check out every comic all the time. And the insults directed at me or others are minimal. Yay.
I always want everyone to like me.
Be curious, not judgmental. - Walt Whitman
"Tyrannosaurs in F-14s!" - Calvin

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that
distinguish one man from another. -Hemingway

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Aleril » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:53 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Just have to move on and, as they say, keep on fuckin'.



Wooo wooooooo *Drives down the interstate of sex*
Image

User avatar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks
Posts: 8314
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:17 pm UTC
Location: I FUCKING MOVED TO THE WOODS

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:47 am UTC

Knucklecallus093 wrote:Confession: I have way too high standards for girls, both in the mental and physical aspect. Although the physical part is diminishing, I think, it still disturbs me. I just don't find any excess fat arousing... but I reject really skinny. It is that muscle definition that I am after. I despise my ridiculous standards. Even if I find a girl that is exceptionally intelligent and fit, she usually has a boyfriend. And I cannot rule over my own moral standards; breaking apart a relationship purposefully, for only my benefit, is a sin (to me). I know that I can "get" the girl, I am repeatedly told that I am one of the most talked about and sought after guys at my (private) school. But I really doubt that I could pull it off, I do not have the mental organization or the confidence to do anything risky for a girl, I have a long history of getting hurt emotionally. (depressingly long story, social rejection. Most here, I think I have gathered, can understand this.) I haven't had action since last july, with my ex-girlfriend. Not just because of a lack of potential subjects... Just my moral restrictions and self-awareness getting in the way.
At least I try to stick to my outcast roots, and I associate myself with no-one but the not-mainstream.
I also am irresponsible. I hate that.
XKCD is my obsession. Ah, the intelligent congregation! I never really realized that there was a forum here, I just had xkcd bookmarked so I could check out every comic all the time. And the insults directed at me or others are minimal. Yay.
I always want everyone to like me.



Confession: I don't like guys who blame their inability to get girls on their morals. Because I know damn well there are a lot of girls out there who fit your criteria, you just haven't found them, or they just don't like you.
...And associating yourself only with the not-mainstream people is a good way to limit your dating pool to a small group of people, while allowing socially retarded people to range freely within it. Sometimes, people aren't mainstream because they completely lack the ability to interact with other human beings, not because they're hip. 'not-mainstream' is subjective. 'People I have stuff in common with' is a better qualifier, imhoe.

Oh, alternate confession:
I'm having a nervous breakdown, but red wine is cushioning the blow. And when I'm done with this bottle maybe I'll kill the white wine, too.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

User avatar
Torvaun
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: 47°9′S, 126°43′W
Contact:

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Torvaun » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:59 am UTC

Apparently Belial and I are going to be fighting over our respective beliefs. This can only be bad for me.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

User avatar
benjhuey
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 am UTC
Location: A collection of rocks

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby benjhuey » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Rough week... mind if I unpack?

Too bad...

Confession 1: I've got senioritis. No matter how much homework I have, it takes me all day to do it. I've been missing due dates for a bunch of important college things. Why doesn't this ever end?!

Confession 2: My mother recently told me that, for a long time, she thought I was autistic. I could only agree with her. I seem to completely lack thought when people are talking directly to me. I hardly ever look people directly in the eyes for more than one second at a time. I've tried to improve my social behavior, but I can't bring myself to care enough to do anything about it.

Confession 3: I like songs that deal with or are otherwise associated with paranoia (like Paranoia by Black Sabbath or Paranoid Android by Radiohead) because I feel paranoid. If I had to list my most obvious characteristic traits, they would be O.C.D., acute laziness (to counteract the O.C.D. apparently), depression, and paranoia. Awesome!

Confession 4: I feel that confession 3 was a bit too much. I always feel guilty after telling other people my problems, as if I'm the only one who has any.

Confession 5: Despite this post already being too long, I want to thank everyone here for putting up with me.

Now it's time for bed.
多么现在棕色母牛?

User avatar
Knucklecallus093
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:45 am UTC

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby Knucklecallus093 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:14 am UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:Confession: I don't like guys who blame their inability to get girls on their morals. Because I know damn well there are a lot of girls out there who fit your criteria, you just haven't found them, or they just don't like you.
...And associating yourself only with the not-mainstream people is a good way to limit your dating pool to a small group of people, while allowing socially retarded people to range freely within it. Sometimes, people aren't mainstream because they completely lack the ability to interact with other human beings, not because they're hip. 'not-mainstream' is subjective. 'People I have stuff in common with' is a better qualifier, imhoe.

Oh, alternate confession:
I'm having a nervous breakdown, but red wine is cushioning the blow. And when I'm done with this bottle maybe I'll kill the white wine, too.


I don't mean that my morals prevent me from getting girls, I mean that it makes it harder. I don't have an inability, I definitely try. If I don't hook up with someone because they have a boyfriend, and I say that my morals got in the way, is that me saying that I have an inability to hook up because my ethics prevented me, or that in that situation, it couldn't happen because it would make me feel bad? I cannot control my sense of morality, and force it to accept things that it doesn't now. For example(kind of): I was involved in this complicated 3 way sometimes-you-say-you-like-me-but-other-times-you-don't-acknowledge-my-presence relationship earlier this year, and a girl that liked me tried to hook up with me. But I couldn't do it, because I thought it was wrong. 1, I was really close to being in a relationship with the other girl, and 2, she was drunk. And then that stupid girl exchange ended, I was trying to look for a relationship, and the girl I like now, who shares a passion for Emersonian teachings and literature with me, got a boyfriend. So that is a no-go. And I don't like hooking up with people, I like having connections... I know that there are girls out there that fit my criteria... and that I haven't found them. Just because I empathize more with non-mainstream people does not mean that I have to date non-mainstream people. This really doesn't mean that I restrict myself to this societal group, I just want to remain humble, and kind. Because I absolutely completely dislike people that see themselves better than others that they don't deserve to judge. And I know this:
Sometimes, people aren't mainstream because they completely lack the ability to interact with other human beings
I could not interact successfully with other people until a recent age. Even though I might have had the intent to interact properly, I would always end up coming off as just really weird and hyper, and I actually didn't have a real friend from 3rd grade to 8th grade. no friends does not signify "people liked me but I was anti-social", I mean that no-one accepted me. I didn't have one of Emerson's friends:
Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote:A friend is one before whom I may think aloud.
That hurt like shit. I am not trying to imply that my life story is more sad or more important than any other sad story. So I guess that I have stuff in common with the non-mainstream. I personally interpreted non-mainstream as eclectic, not boy who has autism. So I was misleading, there.

But anyway, Yeah. I think that my post could easily be misinterpreted. When I said "Not just because of a lack of potential subjects... Just my moral restrictions and self-awareness getting in the way", the reader was supposed to know that there were people that I could hook up with, but I would feel gross or wrong or evil if I took advantage of a drunk girl or broke up a relationship or hooked up with a freshman. Trust me, if there was someone I really liked and wouldn't feel guilty about, I would really go for it. That is essentially what this is: "sometimes-you-say-you-like-me-but-other-times-you-don't-acknowledge-my-presence relationship". I tried, but the person wasn't right, or I wasn't right.

Edit: addition of Emerson quote
Last edited by Knucklecallus093 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Be curious, not judgmental. - Walt Whitman
"Tyrannosaurs in F-14s!" - Calvin

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that
distinguish one man from another. -Hemingway


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kovacsszandra and 16 guests