Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Numzane

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new idiot!

Postby Numzane » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:00 pm UTC

Confession: This is my first confession.
Confession 2: This is my 2nd confession... No, I joke.

Real Confession: I've had to move wikipedia to the top of my bookmarks after having browsed the fora for a while.
*Often edits posts as soon as they're posted*

James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:24 pm UTC

Confession: I'm gonnah leave this thread and go over to the random/fleeting thought topic... It's not that this is boring or something, it's just.... wait, it is boring :P Bye guys. :)
Ptolom wrote:penis

Knucklecallus093

Postby Knucklecallus093 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:30 pm UTC

Confession: I like to read Yakk's thought out posts in the Serious Business threads, but whenever I look at his avatar...
It feels surreal, talking to what looks like a 13 year old with MS Paint. (I know that he/she probably is not 13.)
Be curious, not judgmental. - Walt Whitman
"Tyrannosaurs in F-14s!" - Calvin

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that
distinguish one man from another. -Hemingway

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:23 pm UTC

joeframbach wrote:Confession: I feel bad for adding people to my foe list, but damn some of these posts I could do without.
Confession #2: I think I might be on a foe list or two.

Confession: I'm actually terribly afraid that I'm on quite a few foe lists. One of my biggest insecurities tends to be how easily I "pull out" of a given social scene and how utterly forgettable I tend to be. Granted its a rational insecurity given past experiences, but still...

ParanoydAndroid

Postby ParanoydAndroid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:29 pm UTC

Confession: I just nerd sniped myself.
I was sitting watching some ... er ... adult themed movie that happened to feature those of the latin persuasion, who, at the beginning of the movie were speaking to each other in Spanish. I got so fascinated I ended up rewinding that part over and over so I could hear the mumbled conversation and now I'm popping in Y Tu Mama Tambien because I realized how rusty my Spanish has become. Sexual gratification has officially taken a backseat to my linguistic tendencies. :?

-B
I may be an idiot sir, but one thing I am not, sir, is an idiot.

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:50 pm UTC

Confession: I haven't shaved for 2 weeks, :-D I'm a very scruffy fruit swing.
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:54 pm UTC

El Senor Fruit Swing wrote:Confession: I haven't shaved for 2 weeks, :-D I'm a very scruffy fruit swing.

Confession: I am on my 4th week or so of not shaving. Getting into full grown beard status.
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:01 pm UTC

I'm at the part where it looks nastey and unkempt, I just want it to hurry the hell up.
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:12 pm UTC

Confession: I feel forgotten. I'm not really sure where this feeling came from, but it occurred to me that exactly what it is.

koneko

Postby koneko » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:13 pm UTC

TigerX wrote:Confession: I feel forgotten. I'm not really sure where this feeling came from, but it occurred to me that exactly what it is.

...who are you again?
ImageImage

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:01 pm UTC

Confession: I find the above comment not the tiniest bit funny.

::hugs for the Tiger::
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:10 pm UTC

Confession: I'm living with near-constant headaches. Instead of being from something cool like being able to read minds, it's from incredible work-related stress. I can only hope that it'll go away once I finally start recognizing some of my boss' habits as just the way he is, instead of the harbingers of doom they were at my previous jobs.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:43 pm UTC

Fossa wrote:
joeframbach wrote:Confession: I feel bad for adding people to my foe list, but damn some of these posts I could do without.
Confession #2: I think I might be on a foe list or two.
Confession: I'm actually terribly afraid that I'm on quite a few foe lists. One of my biggest insecurities tends to be how easily I "pull out" of a given social scene and how utterly forgettable I tend to be. Granted its a rational insecurity given past experiences, but still...
...I'd completely forgotten that we could create foes with phpbb3... I doubt I'll ever use the thing, though. Everyone has to say something useful/interesting/funny at some point, don't they?

Now that it's been mentioned, though, I do actually fear that I may be on a block list or two...
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:50 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:Confession: I'm living with near-constant headaches. Instead of being from something cool like being able to read minds, it's from incredible work-related stress. I can only hope that it'll go away once I finally start recognizing some of my boss' habits as just the way he is, instead of the harbingers of doom they were at my previous jobs.

http://www.arcadeboredom.com/games/400/whack-your-boss.html
Ptolom wrote:penis

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:
Torvaun wrote:Confession: I'm living with near-constant headaches. Instead of being from something cool like being able to read minds, it's from incredible work-related stress. I can only hope that it'll go away once I finally start recognizing some of my boss' habits as just the way he is, instead of the harbingers of doom they were at my previous jobs.

http://www.arcadeboredom.com/games/400/whack-your-boss.html

Thanks, but that's not nearly good enough.

Spoilered for big block of complaining.
Spoiler:
Seriously, hell. Constant headaches, I'm probably working on an ulcer, I'm scared stiff that I'm on the fast track to getting fired, which is only aided by the fact that I've already seen him fire one person for fairly minor reasons, not to mention the stories about the guy who he fired just before hiring me. I'm broke, I can't afford to get fired. I've got a 2 digit savings account, and both of those digits are after the decimal point. Not to mention this is really the first job I've had as a technician, and I'm not sure if my resume can take that kind of hit. It is a rare day (read, one of the weekends that I don't work) when I don't consider the two knives in my pocket (a knife is a useful tool, and they serve different purposes, nothing sinister about it), and think about the fact that if nothing else, I could bleed onto the server for a modicum of revenge.

Fora, you get to be my therapist here. I know I probably ought to get a trained professional, but that's not going to happen for a number of reasons (including that I can't afford one, and I don't have insurance that could cover it.) You're it.

Note: This post is guaranteed hyperbole free.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:44 pm UTC

Confession: I don't really like to be touched. Hugs and handshakes are fine but everything else bugs the hell out of me. I think this may cause some problems later in life.

NMcCoy

Postby NMcCoy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:55 pm UTC

I used to be like that. I'm hypersensitive in a lot of other ways, still, but having a cuddly pet dog and later a girlfriend helped me get over the touching issue, at least with people I trust.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:58 pm UTC

Even with family, if I am sitting next to them and our legs are touching and there is no room on the couch to move I will last 5 minutes (at most) before I have to get up and sit somewhere else.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 pm UTC

Confession: I just got back from a funeral (and a 4 hour drive) and realize that my life still sucks. My spring break... ah, who am I kidding! This wasn't a spring break, it's a damn bed of broken glass or something.

And I still don't have a girlfriend!

@Torvaun: I feel for you. Stress is basically a part of life. I just wish we could find a way out of it.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Goatboy
may become less boring.

Postby Goatboy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:03 am UTC

Confession: I actually got kind of bored catching up on the last few days of the Fetish Thread. This...this a concern, I think. Maybe it was just the extended discussion on the stigma faced by furries. Maybe I am boring.

Confession Excited Announcement: My Girl gets home from six months in Italy six days from right now!!
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:13 am UTC

Probably the Fursecution discussion.

*Resists urge to plant Seed of Doubt*

Confession: I plant a lot of seeds like those, mostly by analysis.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:27 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:@Torvaun: I feel for you. Stress is basically a part of life. I just wish we could find a way out of it.

I did find a way out, I just haven't taken it yet. Or was I too subtle when I was talking about my petty revenge?

I fell out a second story window when I was four. Landed on rocks. With my head. Even if I did get fed up with it tomorrow, I would still have had 18 years more than expected. More I think about this, more it sounds like a plan, I'm sorry to say. Weekend coming up, and I'm not working this one (though I would be if I weren't going out of town over Easter.) We'll see how things work out.

In other news, I finally understand what people see in alcohol.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:40 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:I did find a way out, I just haven't taken it yet. Or was I too subtle when I was talking about my petty revenge?

I meant, you know, something more profitable (you know what I mean).

Torvaun wrote:In other news, I finally understand what people see in alcohol.

I've been doing the same thing with smoking. I don't smoke, but I could easily start.

Confession: I let my anger out on someone's face today. I think I could get addicted to that.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Zak

Postby Zak » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:42 am UTC

Confession: I think i might have to make my 1337th post in l337.
*waggles eyebrows*

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:45 am UTC

You think?
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Rogue5_jm

Postby Rogue5_jm » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:55 am UTC

Confession: In Rock Band, I know the exact note I would have to miss on Enter Sandman to get a 1337 note streak playing drums on Expert, assuming I play from the beginning perfectly.

koneko

Postby koneko » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:57 am UTC

confession: i am officially scared of cream of wheat
ImageImage

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:00 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:
Torvaun wrote:I did find a way out, I just haven't taken it yet. Or was I too subtle when I was talking about my petty revenge?

I meant, you know, something more profitable (you know what I mean).

I think I'm going to stick around at least until I find out if I got accepted at Stout or not. If I did, I'll just deal with it until classes start, I'll need to build up some funds before I go, my intended class schedule doesn't leave time for acquiring money. If I'm not accepted, I'm going to see about finding a different job. I don't suppose you know about any technician positions (or similar) around where you are, wherever that is?

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:27 am UTC

'Fraid not. I'm only at the last few weeks of high school, so a grocery store position is about the best I can offer you.
多么现在棕色母牛?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:29 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:*problems*

I'll be honest... I'm too damn tired to google for you right now, but... there's free help out there. At least in the States, there's 800 numbers and I can only assume there's the same elsewhere.

It's not the same as paying for therapy, and you can't get drugs out of it, but at least it's someone (singular) who's going to pay attention and not make a dickjoke. Unlike me.

At least, I know there's that kind of crap for teens. So lie and say you're 17.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

elephantitis

Postby elephantitis » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:44 am UTC

Confession 1: I'm living with someone I'm not in love with, and never was in love with.
Confession 2: I look down on him for being so disgustingly girly. I also look down on him for horrible hygiene habits - rather, the lack of any at all.
Confession 3: I'm a bad person.
Confession 4: I'm afraid to tell him I want to break up and move to MS; especially since we broke up a few weeks ago and I was the one to fight for us after being the one to initiate the break up.

Please read #3 again, because I just realized how much of a bitch I really am. Fun times.
"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:48 am UTC

I can't make any judgment on your moral rectitude from such limited information.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:49 am UTC

Confession: I regularly feel no emotions towards things I should feel emotions about. I fail to be able to care when friends are sad, or to feel sad or shocked when I hear about children staving and dying in Africa, or feeling sad when I hear someone I knew died.

In fact, admitting to this has been the one thing thats made me the slightest bit sad in several months. And even now I can feel my spirit lifting. Gah. I guess it makes me a bad person to be emotionally detached.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:02 am UTC

sleepygamer wrote:Confession: I regularly feel no emotions towards things I should feel emotions about. I fail to be able to care when friends are sad, or to feel sad or shocked when I hear about children staving and dying in Africa, or feeling sad when I hear someone I knew died.

I'm the same way. As I mentioned before (and everyone is probably sick of hearing it), I was at a funeral this morning. I wasn't sad because this person died, only because funerals are fricken depressing.

Confession: I just now realized we have a sex/relations subforum. Huh....
多么现在棕色母牛?

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:05 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Torvaun wrote:*problems*

I'll be honest... I'm too damn tired to google for you right now, but... there's free help out there. At least in the States, there's 800 numbers and I can only assume there's the same elsewhere.

It's not the same as paying for therapy, and you can't get drugs out of it, but at least it's someone (singular) who's going to pay attention and not make a dickjoke. Unlike me.

At least, I know there's that kind of crap for teens. So lie and say you're 17.

Nah, there's other reasons than just money why I'm not going to go to a therapist. There's also that I don't trust them as much as I apparently trust faceless strangers on the Internet. What saddens me most is that I thought I was past all this depression bullshit. I've been here before, and I thought I'd left it behind.

I'll deal with it, I always do. Maybe I'll go partake of some senseless violence or something.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 am UTC

Violence works, despite what those who advise against it may say. You just need to know how to be violent without "being violent."

On Topic Confession: When I was growing up, I never thought all of this teenage angst was as big a deal as television made it out to be. But, gah, it's so real and it won't leave me alone!
多么现在棕色母牛?

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:25 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:On Topic Confession: When I was growing up, I never thought all of this teenage angst was as big a deal as television made it out to be. But, gah, it's so real and it won't leave me alone!

ack. same here. misery. but the smiths are good.

confession: today i scraped the paint off an izze bottlecap with a nail file. it looks cool. i don't know how this is a confession.
maybe if this signature is witty enough someone will finally love me.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:32 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Violence works, despite what those who advise against it may say. You just need to know how to be violent without "being violent."

On Topic Confession: When I was growing up, I never thought all of this teenage angst was as big a deal as television made it out to be. But, gah, it's so real and it won't leave me alone!

I can't sympathise. I really can't. I've never had to deal with the whole "angst" thing myself. It's weird. Around me, people are crying, getting dumped, having serious family problems, falling out, making up, making out... and there's me. A little, slightly off-beat, calm island, surrounded by a fucking huge thunderstorm of teenage angst.

I feel so left out.

Actually. No, I don't. I feel mildly annoyed I can't truly understand how those people feel, but mostly I feel relaxed and detached.

Fuck, why am I so depressing tonight? I don't even FEEL depressed, and I'm sure people are reading these messages, and getting slightly more depressed from them!

STOP READING MY SHIT! RIGHT NOW! It'll only make you feel worse.

Hmmm...

Okay, here's a smiley to cheer you up: :mrgreen:

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:58 am UTC

sleepygamer wrote:STOP READING MY SHIT! RIGHT NOW! It'll only make you feel worse.

That's actually quite entertaining.

About this angst thing, though, I don't play any role in it other than to self-destruct. Everyone else has the clichéd problems, but I mostly just watch. Like you, I have detachment, but to a degree at which I feel completely useless to others. "Your problems don't concern me, but I wish they did."

OK, time to pick up the mood.

Confession: I like OK Go. :|
多么现在棕色母牛?

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:01 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:"Your problems don't concern me, but I wish they did."

Hah, that embodies my feelings quite well.

benjhuey wrote:Confession: I like OK Go. :|

Confession: Me too. :shock:

Return to “General”