Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Re: Confessional Thread - A black hole of emo

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:07 pm UTC

Gharbad wrote:I need a trim. My hair's filled with split ends, and it's getting kinda annoying.

That and I really want a pretty cut.

What kind of a style are you looking for? Cause if your hair is long enough you can probably find something that you can dress up when you're dressed up, and still go incognito if you have to be male at work.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:16 pm UTC

That's pretty much what I'm doing now.
I'm just hoping I wont' have to goto work for much longer, so I can change my hair to something which I don't have to hide under.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:29 pm UTC

Confession: Having a wisdom tooth and cyst pulled isn't bad at all, but afterwards, the soreness SUCKS.

But Vicodin is happy! YAY!!!

Lycur

Postby Lycur » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:01 pm UTC

Nebulae wrote:Confession: Having a wisdom tooth and cyst pulled isn't bad at all, but afterwards, the soreness SUCKS.

I had all 3 of my wisdom teeth pulled in one sitting. The bleeding stopped 15 minutes after I came to and there was no pain/swelling/soreness whatsoever. It was pretty fantabulous.

Goatboy
may become less boring.

Postby Goatboy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:27 pm UTC

Confession: I have taco breath! The delicious kind, not the sexy kind (reasonable distinction, neh?). The taco stand near work has returned from hibernation and I finally remembered to have the traditional Taco Tuesday! Spring is truly here!!
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:31 pm UTC

Lycur wrote:
Nebulae wrote:Confession: Having a wisdom tooth and cyst pulled isn't bad at all, but afterwards, the soreness SUCKS.

I had all 3 of my wisdom teeth pulled in one sitting. The bleeding stopped 15 minutes after I came to and there was no pain/swelling/soreness whatsoever. It was pretty fantabulous.

*Counts fingers*... What happened to the fourth?

All four of mine were pulled at the same time, two of which were impacted. The pain/swelling was minimal and I went out with some friends < 4-5 hours after the surgery. I was off pain killers the next day.
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

Lycur

Postby Lycur » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:33 pm UTC

nsmjohn wrote:
Lycur wrote:

*Counts fingers*... What happened to the fourth?

All four of mine were pulled at the same time, two of which were impacted. The pain/swelling was minimal and I went out with some friends < 4-5 hours after the surgery. I was off pain killers the next day.

Apparently I was born a mutant. I wonder if I can use that 4th tooth to fight crime...

Actual confession: I realized today that while I don't really find vegetarianism attractive I do find people eating meat mildly repugnant.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Confession: I'll never know what its like to have wisdom teeth pulled. I must really be some mutant since I never got any wisdom teeth as well as one of my molars (Mandibular second molar I believe...?). I am not saddened by this though.
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:19 pm UTC

I had mine yanked. Wasn't fun.

Confession: upon reading the relationships forum, I feel more inadequate than ever. I to chfeel like it's impossible ange in any "good" way. Everyone says "be yourself, and things will work out" and yet that obviously can't be true, as I'm always being myself, and things aren't working out. If I try and talk to a coach, I'm a manipulative whore. If I try to change in any way, I'm not being myself. But, being myself clearly hasn't worked.

Stupid everything.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:41 pm UTC

Gharbad wrote:I had mine yanked. Wasn't fun.

Confession: upon reading the relationships forum, I feel more inadequate than ever. I to chfeel like it's impossible ange in any "good" way. Everyone says "be yourself, and things will work out" and yet that obviously can't be true, as I'm always being myself, and things aren't working out. If I try and talk to a coach, I'm a manipulative whore. If I try to change in any way, I'm not being myself. But, being myself clearly hasn't worked.

Stupid everything.

Don't worry you're not the only one who has problems with this. I really don't understand all that "don't worry there is someone for you, be patient"/"be yourself" bullshit. Stupid, as of yet, nonexistent soulmates.

Confession: Sometimes I think I would be happier if I believed in an Abrahamic God (currently Agnostic, refuse to accept an Abrahamic God as a possibility).
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:43 pm UTC

I only had two wisdom teeth, both pulled. It's not uncommon to grow less than four.

Masuri

Postby Masuri » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 pm UTC

Confession:

I have shopped myself to a standstill. Did I really need those things from Victoria's Secret? Yes. Yes, I did.

But next time, I am going to pay my water bill first. ><

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:50 pm UTC

I had all four wisdom teeth pulled. Before hand, everyone was talking about how much it sucked, blah, blah, blah. Not a big deal. Didn't use any painkillers afterwards. Back in school the next Monday (pulled on Thursday). Could have gone back Friday, but I hated to give up a ready-made excuse that I'd never get to use again.
Masuri wrote:Confession:

I have shopped myself to a standstill. Did I really need those things from Victoria's Secret? Yes. Yes, I did.

But next time, I am going to pay my water bill first. ><

I have the opposite problem. I put more money than I could afford to spend into finishing off my tuition debt (not the same as student loan debt), and will have to borrow money for gas so that I can go to work tomorrow.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:02 am UTC

Z.A.K wrote:Note to self: Stay the fuck away from f_s' bad side

No need to fear, my fora friend. I am very very bad at getting seriously angry with people, and I'm rather quick to forgive. I don't consider anyone on this fora to be an enemy of mine.

On wisdom teeth, yeah, I need to have something done with mine. My gums have been bleeding for a while now, and there's a constant dull ache, but what's actually prompting me to do something about it is that the new teeth are forcing the old ones into a /// sort of tooth-fitting-together line, as opposed to a --- tooth line. It's very small so far, but my mom had the same problem and she ended up likeso: --/--. With one tooth in the middle warped completely sideways. Which I don't want, since I'm vain about having perfectly aligned teeth (no braces or orthodontic treatment my whole life!).

Confession: I am vain about unusual things.
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:24 am UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:
Z.A.K wrote:Note to self: Stay the fuck away from f_s' bad side

No need to fear, my fora friend. I am very very bad at getting seriously angry with people, and I'm rather quick to forgive. I don't consider anyone on this fora to be an enemy of mine.

On wisdom teeth, yeah, I need to have something done with mine. My gums have been bleeding for a while now, and there's a constant dull ache, but what's actually prompting me to do something about it is that the new teeth are forcing the old ones into a /// sort of tooth-fitting-together line, as opposed to a --- tooth line. It's very small so far, but my mom had the same problem and she ended up likeso: --/--. With one tooth in the middle warped completely sideways. Which I don't want, since I'm vain about having perfectly aligned teeth (no braces or orthodontic treatment my whole life!).

Confession: I am vain about unusual things.

My lower incisors are like that, even after 5 years of braces. It happens. ---\----/---

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:47 am UTC

Wimpy-Confession: I am afraid of being 'next' for anything. (tl;dr provided for your convenience )
Next one at the diving board. Next one to get a flu shot. Next one to get a driver's license. Next one to accept the diploma. Next one to cross the bridge. Next one to give a presentation. (It's important to note here that I like giving presentations, I just don't like being the next person on the list to give a presentation.) I don't like being the 'next one' to do something important, even if I have done it before, or thousands of others have done it before me, without incident. It's an irrational fear that nobody knows about.

tl;dr: Fun-Facts! This single fear is the reason I have been at the back of every line-up (queue) since I was in first grade. More importantly, I recently (~1 year ago) discovered why I have this fear.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:54 am UTC

Aluminus wrote:tl;dr: Fun-Facts! This single fear is the reason I have been at the back of every line-up (queue) since I was in first grade. More importantly, I recently (~1 year ago) discovered why I have this fear.

And?
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:58 am UTC

Confession: I just got N+ for the 360. This will cause bad things. Lack of doing anything kind of bad things...

This would not be so much of a problem if the damned dirty disk drive didn't die. I can only play arcade games. It took me months to beat N. Badness!

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:12 am UTC

I like the confessional thread, because the few serious posts are sandwiched in between posts about music, gaming and dentistry. Much like life.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:16 am UTC

Bleh, I actually slept all day until now(since my last post) because the Vicodin stopped doing anything. My cheek is puffed up to the size of a tennis ball, and it's hilarious :twisted:

Confession: I think this might be kinda similar to what it feels like to have a period. And I kind of want to half-strangle all of you people who had no trouble getting their wisdom teeth removed.

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:54 am UTC

Confession: I'm a lovesick puppy today. It kinda sucks. I want to approach her, but I'm afraid I don't know her well enough and maybe she'd just be creeped out and other such worries. But she's cute and friendly and I melt when she giggles, especially when I know she's laughing at something I said or did.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:17 am UTC

Confession : After an absence that was imposed by circumstances beyond my control, I find myself returned and entirely daunted by all that I will never read...and so, I'm marking all read and pretending like the last few forum weeks never occurred. I will (hopefully) eventually get around to all my private messages and emails so I beg patience from all, but for now I'm lazy and content to just post haphazardly at my leisure.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

Savoy_Truffle

Postby Savoy_Truffle » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:36 am UTC

Confession: My stupidity -- I just turned on the "Skype Me" option and talked to someone I didn't even know on Skype (I'm dangerously curious) and he creeped me out - asked for my picture, and I skarpered off... but now I'm worried, because thanks to Skype, he I think he might know my real name and the town in which I go to college (I just deleted all that info). It... just makes me feel weird....
Lux, Calida, Gravis que Pura velut aurum et canunt angeli moliter modo natum.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:14 am UTC

confession: I haven't read the pages that appeared since my absence.
confession: I secretly stayed at the confessional thread, and didn't go to the fleeting thought topic...

As to a post made a looong time ago by someone I don't know:

I didn't edit my 111th post, for then it wouldn't really be pure/fresh/111th. :wink:

Confession: I clicked at SecondTalon's spoiler showing his face, but didn't look. I feel if I did, my world would implode, and since that's not a good thing, I decided against it.

EDIT:
Vandole wrote:Confession: I'm a lovesick puppy today. It kinda sucks. I want to approach her, but I'm afraid I don't know her well enough and maybe she'd just be creeped out and other such worries. But she's cute and friendly and I melt when she giggles, especially when I know she's laughing at something I said or did.

And I thought I'd lost you after months of heavy therapy. Oh wel... welcome back 2ndMe.
Ptolom wrote:penis

koneko

Postby koneko » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:22 am UTC

...pics?
ImageImage

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:00 am UTC

Gharbad wrote:I had mine yanked. Wasn't fun.

Stupid everything.

I used to fret about relationships and try do what I can absolutely everything imaginable for my partner no matter the cost, and then I just didn't care anymore. Somehow, that's when things started to work for me.

EDIT - To correct sleepy thoughts.
Last edited by DJorgensen on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

koneko

Postby koneko » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:11 am UTC

Reading that, I realize I may have gone through just the same thing in my own way.
ImageImage

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am UTC

On the phone with boy, said, "okay, talk to you online in a minute"...I hung up the phone and went to sleep. Just woke up (it's 3 am here), logged in, explained. apologized.

Confession: I don't actually feel sorry. I know it was a bitchy thing to do, but....meh.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:32 am UTC

koneko wrote:

...pics?

The doctor kept it for biopsy. It was all a huge bloody and partially shredded mass anyway, so you really don't want to see it anyways :oops: (Unless you're an aspiring doctor and find that stuff fascinating, that is.)

koneko

Postby koneko » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:35 am UTC

Nebulae wrote:
koneko wrote:

...pics?

The doctor kept it for biopsy. It was all a huge bloody and partially shredded mass anyway, so you really don't want to see it anyways :oops: (Unless you're an aspiring doctor and find that stuff fascinating, that is.)

not an aspiring doctor but yes i am strange like that
ImageImage

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:45 am UTC

Hehe well it's great to see curious people around :mrgreen:

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:34 pm UTC

Confession: Blood makes me less squeamish about the human body.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

parthenos

Postby parthenos » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:39 pm UTC

Bodies are really cool. It was a little bit icky when I was seven and basically split my knee open so I could see all of the layers of fat and other assorted stuff, but generally bodies are cool (EXCEPT LIVERS, ick).
maybe if this signature is witty enough someone will finally love me.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:16 pm UTC

Confession: I had a lot of homework to do last night, did none of it. This morning, I discovered that due to sophomores at my school taking standardized tests, I (as a freshman) get to go to school at eleven! Still not doing homework.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:56 pm UTC

parthenos wrote:Bodies are really cool. It was a little bit icky when I was seven and basically split my knee open so I could see all of the layers of fat and other assorted stuff, but generally bodies are cool (EXCEPT LIVERS, ick).

What's wrong with livers?

I think everyone should dissect (or at least look at) a cadaver sometime, the human body is just that interesting. And ok maybe not everyone, but you definitely should :mrgreen:

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:10 pm UTC

Livers don't smell good until you cook them.

Confession: the word polydentate (and mono-, bi- &c.) disturbs me. the 'nt' with the 'ate' and when writing it the two dashes in a row... eugh.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:19 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:&c.

Confession: Proper usage of the Ampersand is full of win.

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:27 pm UTC

Howe & Ser moving company --> MIT hack

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:25 pm UTC

Zeegyboogiedoog!
Confession: I actually watched this... without fast-forwarding or walking away! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/demented
Ptolom wrote:penis

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:27 pm UTC

Confession: I always read Blubb3r3ng3l as "Blubbering girl"
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Return to “General”