Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Fat Tony

Re: Confessional Thread - A black hole of emu

Postby Fat Tony » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:32 am UTC

I try to avoid putting myself in such I position, but I imagine that if I had no choice but to make a fourth level of parenthetication, I would go back to the good ol' fashion ")("s.
If I was writing on paper, I'd make up my own symbol =D
Edit: I figured it out (the way to make more than three parenthetications [within each other, that is {as I am demonstrating in this sentence |I bet you thought I was going to wimp out /if you did, you would have been wrong \same goes if you thought that one before was the last one - I'm done now, but I'm sure you guys could think of some more if you had to - /\|}]).
=D
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:53 am UTC

Most of us write code every day. We can deal with nested parentheses.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:48 pm UTC

I have rather too much time on my hands.

I posted the following in a bulletin on the myspaces:

Regarding Q39 of Gandalf's* last bulletin (posted on the 20th of April, 2008, at 5:49 pm), Optimus Prime* and I have found several grammatical and scientific flaws, and will clear up any confusion on you (the reader's) part.

The original question and answer were:

39) Describe a fact about the person you like.

She has the most amazing blue eyes...like pools of liquid molten blue fire tinged with sapphire

Perhaps a more accurate answer would be:

She has blue eyes of, from my subjective viewpoint, a superior quality to others that I have had the pleasure of viewing... The aforementioned eyes' irises are similar in colour to a fire originating from a fuel source rich in Copper (1) Chloride, tinged with the hue of a variety of sapphire with titanium and iron substitutions in the aluminium oxide crystal lattice.

Fire can't be liquid, man. And molten = liquid.

Any spelling and/or grammatical errors in this bulletin are merely for irony, and should not be pointed out.

* = For anonymity, names have been changed.

FIND SOMETHING FOR ME TO DO RIGHT NOW!
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:33 pm UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:I have rather too much time on my hands.

I posted the following in a bulletin on the myspaces:

Regarding Q39 of Gandalf's* last bulletin (posted on the 20th of April, 2008, at 5:49 pm), Optimus Prime* and I have found several grammatical and scientific flaws, and will clear up any confusion on you (the reader's) part.

The original question and answer were:

39) Describe a fact about the person you like.

She has the most amazing blue eyes...like pools of liquid molten blue fire tinged with sapphire

Perhaps a more accurate answer would be:

She has blue eyes of, from my subjective viewpoint, a superior quality to others that I have had the pleasure of viewing... The aforementioned eyes' irises are similar in colour to a fire originating from a fuel source rich in Copper (1) Chloride, tinged with the hue of a variety of sapphire with titanium and iron substitutions in the aluminium oxide crystal lattice.

Fire can't be liquid, man. And molten = liquid.

Any spelling and/or grammatical errors in this bulletin are merely for irony, and should not be pointed out.

* = For anonymity, names have been changed.

FIND SOMETHING FOR ME TO DO RIGHT NOW!

Masturbate.

Seriously. You'll have a good time, it'll tire you out somewhat, and you'll have to clean up your mess. Which could take up another few minutes! By then you'll be bored again.

I suggest masturbation.

Yep. This time, it'll take longer, and it'll tire you out EVEN more. Clean up.

Repeat until asleep, dead, or caught.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:08 pm UTC

Confession: I try and keep an open mind about a lot of things, but I just can't wrap my head around my poly friend D (male) who's into BDSM. I mean, I understand the academic arguments (He's poly, he likes more than one person. He's a sub and a masochist. He has a dom who beats him). Saying it like that doesn't bother me.

It's when he brings his girfriend and his girlfriend's boyfriend out for a play, then walks the girlfriend home while the boyfriend comes with the people he doesn't know to get a pint that I get baffled. It's just who he/they are, but I find it very strange.

Also, another friend who gets angry and violent will hit him and hurt him, and he lets her because he likes it. They're not dating, they're not in a real dom/sub relationship. She just sometimes like to vent anger through violence, and he doesn't care. I just can't understand why he'd allow this. It makes me hurt when I see it, and yet, I know he doesn't care, so I feel guilty for feeling bad about what's happening.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

libellule

Postby libellule » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:04 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:I can't be the only person in the universe with Flashblock installed. I just can't.

You're not. Ever wonder how much you're missing? Me neither. As long as your avatar keeps dancing on my screen, I'll remain entertained.

Okita
Staying Alive

Postby Okita » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:15 pm UTC

Confession:

One of my suitemate's is pretty chill and whatnot but I hate his Internet face. That is to say, he's one of those people who is always "Lol" for no apparent reason or always needs to write "u" instead of "you" online. Extreme lack of grammar and spelling really hurts my brain. And then online when we play video games (or in general) he's exactly like one of those annoying "Oh me yarm That's bullshit! You can't beat me!" kind of people except that unfortunately also translates into real life.

But I confess that it really just gets me unnecessarily angry when someone goes LoL when they are neither laughing out loud nor even amused at all. Or should be amused at all.
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:28 pm UTC

@libellule & SecondTalon:

Or, you could be like me and just use Adblock Plus and Noscript to deal with the problem.

There's more than one way to solve the problem. (I refuse to use the cat-skinning phrase. Ever.)

@Gharbad: This is the problem, really. The mores of people can't fit around what we do. So, everyone feels awkward and uncomfortable, and then either 1) The pitchforks come out or 2) we stop being uncomfortable and start squicking the normies.

There's really nothing I can tell you to do, except perhaps grow accustomed to their/our way of life.

@Okita: I agree. Completely.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:57 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Aluminus wrote:Confession: I try to guess what your real names are in real life. I know some of them, but the ones I don't know I like to speculate.

So long as in your head I'm Generalissimo Manuel Romanov III, we're good.

The joke is that he's actually Generalissimo Manuel Romanov IV.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

aeki

Postby aeki » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:12 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:@libellule & SecondTalon:

Or, you could be like me and just use Adblock Plus and Noscript to deal with the problem.

Or you could be like me and have Adblock, Noscript, and Flashblock installed.

Yeah, it's a little overkill, but given the irritatingly large number of sites that don't work at all without javascript I like having a backup way to shut the intrusive flash clips up. They're not always ads, either. Why does it seem like web designers go out of their way to frustrate their readers?

Aperfectring

Postby Aperfectring » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:04 am UTC

Confession: I have all the symptoms of Avoidant Personality Disorder to varying degrees. Some of which I even have to some fairly severe degrees.

Wikipedia wrote:Diagnostic criteria (DSM-IV-TR)
The American Psychiatric Association's DSM-IV-TR, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines avoidant personality disorder as a "pervasive pattern of social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, and hypersensitivity to negative evaluation, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:
1. Avoids occupational activities that involve significant interpersonal contact, because of fears of criticism, disapproval, or rejection
2. Is unwilling to get involved with people unless certain of being liked
3. Shows restraint within intimate relationships because of the fear of being shamed, ridiculed, or rejected
4. Is preoccupied with being criticized or rejected in social situations
5. Is inhibited in new interpersonal situations because of feelings of inadequacy
6. Views self as socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others
7. Is unusually reluctant to take personal risks or to engage in any new activities because they may prove embarrassing
Avoidant personality disorder is often confused with antisocial personality disorder; clinically the term 'anti-social' denotes a disregard for society's norms and rules, not social inhibitions.

1. I love music, especially live, but have been to no shows in the last 5 years because it would require me being around other people. I play the trumpet, and love to do so, and there are community bands around which I could likely join, but I feel that joining one would bring too much criticism, or attention, my way. I have not been exercising pretty much at all, and would like to go for bike rides, but this makes me think people are watching/judging me.

2. I NEVER go out and do something unless I am with someone who I know fairly well. For me that limits it to people visiting me, or people I work with. Almost everyone I work with is much older than me, and has families/significant others which they spend their time with. Because I have been this way for some time, I rarely have visitors other than family (A total of 2 people in the >two years since I moved to South Florida).

3. I don't have intimate relationships.... Seriously, my last one was 4 years ago. In that one I was very reserved, and it was a constant strain on the relationship. I think the main problem is that I never think that I am good enough for another person, even without knowing them. This prevents me from even attempting to start up a new one.

4. I purposely avoid social situations as much as possible because of how uncomfortable they make me. My interaction in social situations is usually to stand to one side, and avoid interaction. It took me 4 months to activate my credit card because I couldn't stay on the phone long enough to do it until today. Hell, after being in South Florida for over two years, I still don't have a GP, which for someone with my family's heart disease history, is more than a little reckless.

5. Inadequacy? I don't know that I really feel that, but it may be inferred by the fact that I just withdraw from, or avoid altogether, new interpersonal situations.

6. I AM socially inept. I tend to stumble through any social interaction, usually including stuttering, losing track of my own thoughts in the middle of articulating them, and just plain withdrawing from the situation. Personally unappealing or inferior to others? No, I don't really encounter that all too often. I just think of myself as average with those respects.

7. As I said, I don't go out and do anything unless someone I know really well is with me. This goes for EVERYTHING I might want to do. Personal risks and new activities are just the tip of the iceberg. I have problems going to the bank to deposit a check (usually I have to go to an ATM and deposit it that way). I cannot go to a sit down restaurant by myself at all. It took me two years of randomly going to the grocery store before I felt comfortable going there on any sort of regular or frequent basis.

Another thing that affects me that I think may be related. I can remember dozens and dozens of times when I make mistakes, especially when people react to the mistakes. I remember no less than half a dozen different (for the day) situations each day, and use those thoughts to convince myself into inaction.

This is NOT a temporary thing, it has been going on for over 7 years now.

I recognize that I likely have a problem, but won't say that I have any disorder unless actually diagnosed with it. I want to go see a psychologist about it. I have been trying to go see one for months now, and cannot force myself to commit to it. This is actually the first place I have admitted that I have any of these symptoms, and I hope that this will help me take a positive step towards tackling this.
Odds are I did well on my probability exam.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:16 am UTC

Hmm, I've got a fair amount of those too. Low self esteem is a big one. It took me six and a half years to admit that I had feelings for a friend of mine. Biggest reason that I ran into when I was lying awake at night trying to figure things out was that I didn't think I was good enough for her.

Pretty much everything else applies as well, though I've been trying to put myself in the sorts of situations where I have to deal with other people lately to try and fix this before I head off to university this fall. I went to a convention this weekend, and made it through without beating anyone bloody, despite a few very powerful trials. By the way, if you're the jackass with the "Do Not Enter" sign at NoBrandCon who thought that pouring water on people was almost as funny as insulting people (not in the funny way, in the attempting to be hurtful way) and demanding money from them, jump off a roof to simulate me finding you before I left. In a wild display of sexism on my part, I don't strike females, so, friend of the aforementioned jackass, I'd like you to figure out your own punishment. Put it somewhat on par with the roof thing, please.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:21 am UTC

@ Gharbad - Hmm, I understand how hard it can be to understand it, but everyone has got the things that they enjoy. So long as it keeps your friend happy then that is all that should matter. He would likely be better able to explain it than I possibly could. When my sister saw my ex biff me in the stomach I took a pile of greif from my family over letting him hit me (even though I used to pick him up and run around with him and such - he was rather little, it was entirely cyute.... ). l didn't have any problem with it. My current girlfriend is incredibly passive though, and so things have gone better with my family (though they still think that she is using me.... which is entirely lame).

Confession: I am in an entirely apathetic state today. Still didn't get through to my GP, which I've given up on really (I'll just make an appointment to see him for the 5 minutes that I needed him on the phone, unfortunately work will have to go without me for the time which will likely lead me into telling them whats up too), besides that I don't think my GP sent off my letter of recommendation as was promised a few months back either.... Last night was pretty lame too, my girlfriend convinced me to go to the bar to dance and enjoy myself even though I've been rather agoraphobic lately. It sucked. I lasted a couple of hours, got really uncomfortable with all the people and fled home. I also skipped out on the work that I told my manager I was going to do today - but that was more weather related than anything else. On the plus I've been much more artistically active lately. :) My new tablet is keeping me happy and has really made me worlds more comfortable at my computer!
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Cephalus

Postby Cephalus » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:30 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:
Pretty much everything else applies as well, though I've been trying to put myself in the sorts of situations where I have to deal with other people lately to try and fix this before I head off to university this fall. I went to a convention this weekend, and made it through without beating anyone bloody, despite a few very powerful trials. By the way, if you're the jackass with the "Do Not Enter" sign at NoBrandCon who thought that pouring water on people was almost as funny as insulting people (not in the funny way, in the attempting to be hurtful way) and demanding money from them, jump off a roof to simulate me finding you before I left. In a wild display of sexism on my part, I don't strike females, so, friend of the aforementioned jackass, I'd like you to figure out your own punishment. Put it somewhat on par with the roof thing, please.

Hey! I went to NoBrandCon twice Saturday - to deliver food. No idea and XKCD'ers were going to be there. I'm a delivery guy for Erberts and Gerberts in EC. Yeah, thats really all I had to say.
Lurker Extraordinaire

Aperfectring

Postby Aperfectring » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:47 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:Hmm, I've got a fair amount of those too. Low self esteem is a big one. It took me six and a half years to admit that I had feelings for a friend of mine. Biggest reason that I ran into when I was lying awake at night trying to figure things out was that I didn't think I was good enough for her.

Pretty much everything else applies as well, though I've been trying to put myself in the sorts of situations where I have to deal with other people lately to try and fix this before I head off to university this fall.

Yeah, the main thing with me is that I have physical repercussions to trying to push out my boundaries. One time I got in my car, drove out to a bar by myself (one which I had been to before with someone else, and enjoyed being there). I drove right past the bar, two or three blocks down the road, and parked. I then had a panic attack, and went home. That is one of the more severe cases, but that is also likely due to the social nature of going out to said bar. Honestly, I was surprised I even made it that far. Heck, even making my previous post took two weeks of convincing myself, and having mild anxiety (not quite to the panic attack level, just some pretty bad uncomfort). However, I really think that it was worth it, and am quite glad I did eventually make the post.
Odds are I did well on my probability exam.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:07 am UTC

Confession: I came to the fora hoping something here could help me fall asleep.
I was disappointed.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:52 pm UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Confession: I came to the fora hoping something here could help me fall asleep.
I was disappointed.

I came with the exact opposite reason, but I'm dissappointed nonetheless. (I first thought of writing "I came with the exact opposite reason, but I'm are dissappointed nonetheless.", but I wasn't sure enough if that is proper English or not.)1

Confession: I like scrambled eggs on bread with mayonaise ("I order all my sandwiches with mayonaise" ring any bells?) and I don't fell nerdy about that at all. It's just... tasty.

1I wrote that because it's true, but I realised it also may have been to bore Fat Tony so he would fall to sleep. Shush, don't tell him.
Ptolom wrote:penis

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:57 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:
Fat Tony wrote:Confession: I came to the fora hoping something here could help me fall asleep.
I was disappointed.

I came with the exact opposite reason, but I'm dissappointed nonetheless. (I first thought of writing "I came with the exact opposite reason, but I'm are dissappointed nonetheless.", but I wasn't sure enough if that is proper English or not.)1

1I wrote that because it's true, but I realised it also may have been to bore Fat Tony so he would fall to sleep. Shush, don't tell him.

It would be either what you said or "...opposite reason, but am [or was] disappointed nonetheless." No "are".
It's too bad that I didn't read your particularly boring statement until 2:51 PM the next day in study hall =D
Confession: Even if I had read it last night, rather than be bored to sleep, I would instead have been motivated to correct his sentence that he chose not to use because it was incorrect.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:59 pm UTC

I feel kinda bad that I'm getting uncomfortable about the beatings and the poly. I shouldn't and I'm trying to understand. It's just some things I find don't make sense within my own experiences.

Blah. I'm sorry :(
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:22 pm UTC

@Gharbad: *Glomp-snuggle*

S'okay. You'll find your way, and we won't hold it against you. And, it really is the trying that counts, you know?
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:33 pm UTC

Ok.

Happy confession which I'm not sure I brought up yet: on wednesday, I'm coming out to my work (we're having a meeting), and on Monday next week, I'll be working full time as a woman!

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:40 pm UTC

Gharbad wrote:Ok.

Happy confession which I'm not sure I brought up yet: on wednesday, I'm coming out to my work (we're having a meeting), and on Monday next week, I'll be working full time as a woman!
That's pretty good news. Hope it goes well.

How are you planning to do it? Are you going to tell people yourself? (How big is your work? That is, how many people are you going to have to tell?)

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:42 pm UTC

I've told HR, and HR has told my boss's boss's boss. With the help of my psych, we're going to have a meeting to explain what it is to my coworkers on wednesday. Then on Monday, I'll be able to live full time as a woman in every way.

Lycur

Postby Lycur » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:55 pm UTC

Gharbad wrote:HR has told my boss's boss's boss.

Why on Earth would your boss' boss' boss possibly need to know that you've chosen to live as a woman? 0.0

Regardless, congratulations and best of luck.

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:58 pm UTC

yay for Gharbad!! :D
good luck! i hope it all goes really well!
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:08 pm UTC

Lycur wrote:

Why on Earth would your boss' boss' boss possibly need to know that you've chosen to live as a woman? 0.0

Well, because my boss is on sick leave, and my boss's boss only deals with slightly more than my boss does. Bob deals with the entire department. And is a pretty awesome guy. Why he has to know? Meh.

Really, I think it's being handled pretty well. We'll see. I'm so nervous right now, I think I might explode.

And thanks Shiny! :)

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:30 pm UTC

Hooray for Gharbad! *jumps on the "hope it goes well" bandwagon*

I was browsing a sexual health book at the library (written for nurses, apparently), and saw that they had Sadism and Masochism listed as sexual disorders.

Confession: I whipped out a pencil and wrote "It's not a disorder if it's SAFE, SANE, and CONSENSUAL" in the margin.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

Delalyra wrote:Hooray for Gharbad! *jumps on the "hope it goes well" bandwagon*

I was browsing a sexual health book at the library (written for nurses, apparently), and saw that they had Sadism and Masochism listed as sexual disorders.

Confession: I whipped out a pencil and wrote "It's not a disorder if it's SAFE, SANE, and CONSENSUAL" in the margin.

Writing in a book? How dare you!

Confession: I inflict violence upon myself to keep from inflicting it on others.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:01 pm UTC

Confession: I'm getting pretty sick of crying out of loneliness all the time.
i dare you to take me on...

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:11 pm UTC

@Gharbad: Enjoy! :mrgreen:

@Delalyra: That's like moving the bibles et al to the fiction section. Correct, yes, but you're not supposed to. Though most associations no longer list that as a disorder.

@tin: Err, what can be done to correct this? :|

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:22 pm UTC

Confession: I do too much for other people (and I'm not even nice about doing it), but do not do enough for myself.
多么现在棕色母牛?

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:
@tin: Err, what can be done to correct this? :|

Ah, I know what can be done to fix it: I need to be less guarded and analytically when meeting new people and possible new friends. Being in a 'new city' type situation, as well as in a new relationship is making this a bit hard. Bah.

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:06 am UTC

Pub?
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:39 am UTC

Confession: I posted the pictures of my car in the obvious thread, and now that has me nostalgic for the tiny, crappy apartment I lived in during grad school because there I actually had friends.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

zahlman

Postby zahlman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:53 am UTC

Gharbad wrote:
Lycur wrote:

Well, because my boss is on sick leave, and my boss's boss only deals with slightly more than my boss does. Bob deals with the entire department. And is a pretty awesome guy. Why he has to know? Meh.

Really, I think it's being handled pretty well. We'll see. I'm so nervous right now, I think I might explode.

And thanks Shiny! :)

I had thought you were further through the process than that already. Regardless, best of luck to you.
Belial wrote:I once had a series of undocumented and nonstandardized subjective experiences that indicated that anecdotal data is biased and unreliable.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:50 am UTC

@ Garbhad - nothing wrong with being uncomfortable. It takes getting used to if you were not brought up with it. I know that I used to be entirely shocked by such things myself... Regarding coming out at work and being able to live full time - congrats ;") I wish I could be in the same position. Likely will be soon as I am really feeling like I cannot do anything anymore to the point where its affecting my ability to work, (and I really really have the desire to be moving forward). We'll see what happens.
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:08 am UTC

cypherspace wrote:Pub?

That'd be awesome. I really miss having people to hang out in a pub with a pint o' cider and a packet of nuts. Especially with summer looming...

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:51 pm UTC

Confession: Everytime I enter my house, I pretend I'm opening someone else's door (the fumbling with the keys and such), because I think some sort of secret agency or some sort of criminal organisation is watching me. Only when no-one can see me the street is deserted I have shot everybody no-one can see me, I open my own door, and walk in really fast. I do not turn on the lights, out of fear someone will see where I live, and shoot a rocket at my door, with me standing behind it.
That, is really what I do.
Ptolom wrote:penis

Nutcase

Postby Nutcase » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:08 pm UTC

Confession: I really dislike some of my colleague's for taking a day off by saying there backs were hurting to much. On a really busy day with shit loads of work to do. No really...that's a really shitty thing to do >:(.
Coffession Part Deux: I fucked up a relationship which lasted a year... Really into this girl and can't keep my mind of her. I know she needs some time to get over it but damn...I want to cuddle her so bad :<

P.s I'm new AND from Holland, so don't expect me to write with incredible vocabulary. Which is kinda weird because the use of vocabulary on this fora actually made me want to join... It's like a a sign that there aren't any douche bags on the forum. Thumbs up for hard grammar and actual punctuation in posts!

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:22 pm UTC

DJorgensen wrote:Regarding coming out at work and being able to live full time - congrats ;") I wish I could be in the same position. Likely will be soon as I am really feeling like I cannot do anything anymore to the point where its affecting my ability to work, (and I really really have the desire to be moving forward). We'll see what happens.

That's pretty much what happened to me. I couldn't go on anymore.

Return to “General”