Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Flying Betty

Re: Confessional Thread - A black hole of emu

Postby Flying Betty » Sat May 03, 2008 8:55 pm UTC

Confession: Sometimes I wish I could be religious because it seems like going to church/church activities is an automatic making of friends.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Sat May 03, 2008 9:12 pm UTC

Okita wrote:Yes, I said willy nilly.

Confession: My favourite way to refer to sex is using the words "hanky panky". It's got that old-timey charm and awesomeness. Like tophats or monocles.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Sun May 04, 2008 8:29 am UTC

Flying Betty wrote:Confession: Sometimes I wish I could be religious because it seems like going to church/church activities is an automatic making of friends.

Awww. Yeah, it's hard when you're not in the in-group. Even when you know it's arbitrary and unfair and you don't really want to be part of that group, it hurts to not belong.

Confession: I think my best friend's family--father and male cousins--look like pedophiles. I'm sure they're not and everything, but...all three of them look like crosses between Elby Jessie Hars and Edward Claire Reisch.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"

Postby Verysillyman » Sun May 04, 2008 8:47 am UTC

thecommabandit wrote: Like tophats or monocles.

I totally read that as to-phats, like tofats.

I also sometimes lament my lack of christianity, as it leaves me out a bit too. Ironic really.

Nothing to confess here. Just reactions.

Anise

Postby Anise » Sun May 04, 2008 10:59 am UTC

I once put a small fly in someone's sandwich for being really mean to me. I don't think they ate it...

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Sun May 04, 2008 9:56 pm UTC

Anise wrote:I once put a small fly in someone's sandwich for being really mean to me. I don't think they ate it...

I've never understood things like this or spitting in someone's food. If you do one of those things, it's not going to hurt the person because he won't know it because there's nothing wrong with eating a fly (other than grossness [I wouldn't do it]), and unless you have some sort of disease, spitting's not going to do anything.
The way to do it is put two flies into it.
Or even better, a big one that he'll bite in half and then realize what he's done.
Now putting laxative oil on someone's food, that's a whole nother story...
Confession: I have no clue how to properly write/type "a whole nother..." and don't believe it is proper in the least bit, yet I do not plan to discontinue my usage of the phrase because it is convenient.
Confession: I've got sort of a thing for one of my best friend's older sister.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

Anise

Postby Anise » Sun May 04, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

I think I was about 11 or 12, so all that really mattered was that I was making them eat a bug.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon May 05, 2008 12:13 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Now putting laxative oil on someone's food, that's a whole nother story...
Confession: I have no clue how to properly write/type "a whole nother..." and don't believe it is proper in the least bit, yet I do not plan to discontinue my usage of the phrase because it is convenient.

I will explain it to you. The word "another" is just a shortening of "an other," similar to "something" or "anyone." Yet when people say it out loud, they may forget this; they say it as though it is a shortening of "a nother," similar to "could of" or "should of." Sometimes, like now for example, people even start to think of "nother" as an actual word, presumably with meaning identical to "other," similar to when I used to think that "debris" was pronounced "debriss" even though I knew of the spoken word "debris," I just thought there were two separate words that meant exactly the same thing.

The proper thing to say in your sentence would be "a whole other story." If that displeases you, consider "a ho lother story."

I don't really have a confession in mind...hmmm...um...
Confession: I think salsa is delicious.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Mon May 05, 2008 1:04 am UTC

Confession: I would like to hold someone whom I love.

As for total randomness: It's 3 in the morning, and I feel like shit. Can't type, and look like this:
Spoiler:
Ptolom wrote:penis

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Mon May 05, 2008 1:22 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Confession: I've got sort of a thing for one of my best friend's older sister.

Confession: She's 21...
She totally digs me. =D
She accidentally let slip that she thinks I'm good looking and at one point referred to me as "Sweet", in the sense of being a shortened form of "Sweetie".

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon May 05, 2008 1:27 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:She accidentally let slip that she thinks I'm good looking and at one point referred to me as "Sweet", in the sense of being a shortened form of "Sweetie".

And then you followed that by imitating Hiro Nakamura, yes?
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Mon May 05, 2008 1:33 am UTC

Nah; I was talking about killing sprees. She was reading movie reviews from the newspaper...from five years ago. One of the movies was "The Hunted" or something like that; it was about a military assassin who can't stop killing once the war is over so they have to hunt him down.
I wanna see it =D
Eh, well, at least I was wearing my Heroes shirt. =D
Confession: I have no interest in reading or posting in the woman thread.
Confession: I think electing a prom king and queen is retarded, especially when you have freshmen voting for the senior king and queen. They handed out the papers and I didn't want to vote, but my advisor forced me to, so I voted: I put the three senior chicks I'm friends with down as the girls, and for the guys, I put "Larry", "Moe", and "Curly". Of course, that wasn't enough; I had to pick a "jester". What the hell is a jester?
Apparently it's the class clown. How the hell would I know who the senior class clown is? I'm a freaking freshman!
Anyways, for the jester, I put "Your Mom".
Confession: I was incredibly impressed when my friend told me about how he got a chicken elected homecoming queen at the University of Delaware.
...I was more impressed by the fact that he kept her alive =D

Nimz

Postby Nimz » Mon May 05, 2008 8:45 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:
Fat Tony wrote:Now putting laxative oil on someone's food, that's a whole nother story...

I will explain it to you. The word "another" is just a shortening of "an other," similar to "something" or "anyone." Yet when people say it out loud, they may forget this; they say it as though it is a shortening of "a nother," similar to "could of" or "should of." Sometimes, like now for example, people even start to think of "nother" as an actual word, presumably with meaning identical to "other," similar to when I used to think that "debris" was pronounced "debriss" even though I knew of the spoken word "debris," I just thought there were two separate words that meant exactly the same thing.

The proper thing to say in your sentence would be "a whole other story." If that displeases you, consider "a ho lother story."
Actually, although "nother" is not a word, "Nother" is. A whole Nother story would either be an entire story about a Nother or a story about a complete Nother. So it is possible that Fat Tony's "whole nother story" was a corruption by impropering of the proper noun, Nother. Admittedly, in this case it's somewhat unlikely, since the meaning of Nother is quite different from the meaning of other, and the latter meaning fits better in this context.

A couple pages back, mention was made of Buckaroo Banzai. That was a good movie. And I listened to that "not just a movie" song looped while catching up on this thread.

Okita wrote:Confession:

I am extremely annoyed when people start their post with "I didn't read the entire thread but [insert gut response opinion to half-reading the original post". Never mind that the discussion has moved on to smaller details or whatnot and you can't be too bothered to read 2 or 3 pages of what other people posted... you have to yield to the impulse to just throw your opinion out there willy nilly. Sure, if it's the Man Thread, then yeah obviously you can't read that many pages of it. But if it's some sort of serious business or news article, I think it should be a good idea to read up on at least a significant portion of the information on the subject before just talking. Grinds my gears, it does.
Coming from someone that didn't start posting in this thread before reading over 100 pages of it, QFT.

I suppose I should confess while I'm at it. I have the following to contribute to the Slipknot discussion: I have heard OF Slipknot. I know how to make a slipknot (not a proper noun). So saying we all know Slipknot (whether there is or isn't love involved) is a tad bit of an overgeneralisation. Oh, and
Neuman wrote:
Alpha Omicron wrote:There's a So-and-so's Law that goes: "Every spelling/grammar flame will contain spelling or grammatical errors."
Spoiler:
This So-and-so?
I only found out about that so and so... well, yesterday. *awaits the shunning for being a homestarrunner n00b*
LOWA

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon May 05, 2008 8:56 am UTC

Nimz wrote:
Quixotess wrote:

The proper thing to say in your sentence would be "a whole other story." If that displeases you, consider "a ho lother story."Actually, although "nother" is not a word, "Nother" is. A whole Nother story would either be an entire story about a Nother or a story about a complete Nother. So it is possible that Fat Tony's "whole nother story" was a corruption by impropering of the proper noun, Nother. Admittedly, in this case it's somewhat unlikely, since the meaning of Nother is quite different from the meaning of other, and the latter meaning fits better in this context.
Or, like, you could write - 'nother -, like normal when you omit a letter in a word. I used dashes instead of quotation marks because I didn't want to have the "'" lost in the mass of small lines.
Fat Tony wrote:Confession: I think electing a prom king and queen is retarded, especially when you have freshmen voting for the senior king and queen. They handed out the papers and I didn't want to vote, but my advisor forced me to, so I voted: I put the three senior chicks I'm friends with down as the girls, and for the guys, I put "Larry", "Moe", and "Curly". Of course, that wasn't enough; I had to pick a "jester". What the hell is a jester?
I hold the record at my school for most-voted-for-SRC-person-without-having-ran-for-it. Yeah, I'm cool and stuff...
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Mon May 05, 2008 11:45 am UTC

Nimz wrote:
Neuman wrote:
Alpha Omicron wrote:There's a So-and-so's Law that goes: "Every spelling/grammar flame will contain spelling or grammatical errors."
Spoiler:
This So-and-so?
[/i]

Again, you don't know how hard I fought not to say that. =D

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Mon May 05, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

I've always wanted to put Naga Jolokia in someone's chili or salsa.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon May 05, 2008 5:23 pm UTC

Confession: I just realized I've been sig'd by not just one, but TWO people!
So cool!
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Mon May 05, 2008 7:43 pm UTC

WARNING!; CHEESY

Storytime:

Me and a girl met a while ago, and we clicked immideatly.
We went for a long walk in the sun, along the waters of stockholm, we reached a cliff, which we climbed. Then we just layed there for hours, watching the sky, and stockholm, and the sun setting. The lower the sun got the higher we climbed.
After a while more or less at the top of the cliff we decided that we should go home, before it got so dark that we couldn't climb down. So we stood up, and the very last rays of the setting sun danced across our faces.
So there we were, with stockholm at our feet and the sun as a huge radiant Halo at the horizon, tree's blossomming everywhere.
We kissed our very first kiss, and the wind suddenly blew a hundred small pink/white flowerpetals from a nearby appletree in bloom. Right by us, out over the water.

we both more or less stated, wow that was cliché :P

EDIT:
Oh yeah;
CONFESSION:
I'm in love.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon May 05, 2008 7:58 pm UTC

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....*melts*

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon May 05, 2008 8:05 pm UTC

awwwww
I had sex on friday night for the first time in 5 years, with a woman friend of mine. It was awesome.

Edit: I'm bad at keeping secrets sometimes
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon May 05, 2008 8:29 pm UTC

@Thor:

Only one thing can be said:

Aww! :mrgreen:

@Gharbad:

Do you do the booty dance?
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Shakleton

Postby Shakleton » Mon May 05, 2008 8:39 pm UTC

Confession: I don't have the guts to ask the girl I fancy so much out. Maybe because I did that a while ago and it resultet in half the year laughing at me behind my back. Damnit!
mikekearn wrote:You even have an appropriate shirt. Excellent.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Mon May 05, 2008 8:45 pm UTC

I'm afraid to ask, but is this the same girl in both cases?
多么现在棕色母牛?

Shakleton

Postby Shakleton » Mon May 05, 2008 8:49 pm UTC

Yap samge girl both cases. I wouldn't normally think about doing the same stupidity (probably spelled wrongly) again but in the last days her behaviour towards me somehow changed from: "Uh, hello, I hate French, I hate my English Teacher, I love the beautiful weather Goodbye!" to "Hey, how are you? Could you send me a link to the site you mentioned? Could you help me with English?" I don't the HELL have a clue how to interpret that.

I got a bloody nose (not literally) once and I don't want to go through that again. But then again, it's HER!
mikekearn wrote:You even have an appropriate shirt. Excellent.

elminster

Postby elminster » Mon May 05, 2008 9:00 pm UTC

Confession: I hate this thread; it makes me waste so many hours just thinking. Introspection is a wonderful yet terrible thing.
...says the guy after re-editing the post for the 9th time over several hours.

Where's a "Make you think less" drug when you need one. :?

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:11 pm UTC

elminster wrote:Confession: I hate this thread; it makes me waste so many hours just thinking. Introspection is a wonderful yet terrible thing.
...says the guy after re-editing the post for the 9th time over several hours.

Where's a "Make you think less" drug when you need one. :?

We call it booze.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon May 05, 2008 9:25 pm UTC

I should have danced, but I was horribly self conscious. Hell, I forgot to take my socks off.
But, she was great... and she treated me like a woman, which was also awesome.

It was nice to do it, and even though nothing more will come of this (she has a fiance, who's awesome, and they have an open relationship) it was a lot of fun.

But, I can't talk about it to my friends because I have other friends who would be horribly jealous.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon May 05, 2008 11:07 pm UTC

Yay for gharbad! Con

ID: how's the booty-dance go? I've never heard of it. o.o

Confession: I adore mashups/covers of the Ghostbusters theme.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon May 05, 2008 11:13 pm UTC

Thanks.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Tue May 06, 2008 12:14 am UTC

Delalyra wrote:Yay for gharbad! Con

ID: how's the booty-dance go? I've never heard of it. o.o

Confession: I adore mashups/covers of the Ghostbusters theme.

Delalyra: try this for inspiration.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Tue May 06, 2008 1:34 am UTC

Confession: I just went to bed and got back up because someone was wrong on the internet. :(
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

aeki

Postby aeki » Tue May 06, 2008 2:06 am UTC

cypherspace wrote:Confession: I just went to bed and got back up because someone was wrong on the internet. :(

Clearly you need to get a laptop and bring it to bed so you don't have to get back up out of it. If you practice enough, you should eventually be able to argue in your sleep!

shizam

Postby shizam » Tue May 06, 2008 2:54 am UTC

Confession: I'm physically able to argue in my sleep
......nah

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Tue May 06, 2008 4:16 am UTC

Confession: I'm not gonna stick around for long this time, either.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue May 06, 2008 4:25 am UTC

Confession: I'll argue against someone if I think they could be wrong or there is an exception or loophole to their statement, not necessarily because I fully support the arguments I make.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Tue May 06, 2008 4:27 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Confession: I'll argue against someone if I think they could be wrong or there is an exception or loophole to their statement, not necessarily because I fully support the arguments I make.

Yup. I've gotten in trouble, because I will argue their loopholes, then I will go back to argue my own point, which mirrors theirs, and they call me a hypocrite. It's tragic.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Tue May 06, 2008 6:08 am UTC

Confession: I have three tabs open which contain YouTube videos:
1. A clip from Prince of Egypt where Moses grabs Miriam by the arm and throws her on the ground.
2. A clip from the OC where Trey assaults Marissa.
3. The part of Pretty Woman from near the end, where Jason Alexander's character (can't be bothered to learn their names) tries to rape Julia Roberts.

And I'm watching them over and over again, they're really short, and I keep hitting play and watching them again and again and I'm not sure why. It's starting to freak me out, but I still can't stop watching them.

MrInternet

Postby MrInternet » Tue May 06, 2008 7:05 am UTC

Confession: I'll continue to argue my point even though I completely know I'm wrong and agree with the other person.

Frello

Postby Frello » Tue May 06, 2008 7:41 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Confession: I've tried to ignore this issue for a while, but it can no longer be denied; I have "floaters" in my left eye. Damn. For some reason, this bothers me greatly.

I have those too, but it's actually the first time I have seen other people desribing them. Checking up on it, I can now see that it's quite common and not necessary a symptom of some vile eye-condition, but still...If you amass all the guilt I've had over not going to a doctor with that, you could make [some person characterised as evil in pop-culture] do [something caused by bad conscience].
I will go soon anyway, I think.

Confashion:

EDIT: Period.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Tue May 06, 2008 7:44 am UTC

In which case your name couldn't be more appropriate, MrInternet

and Qtess...
I can see why watching scenes of vunerable women would stir up some feelings.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Return to “General”