Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Re: Confessional Thread - A black hole of emu

Postby tryptanymph » Tue May 20, 2008 6:07 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:TRIPLE FIGURES'nuff said.

Get to post 666 and be a maniac. I wouldn't mind if my post count got locked at 666 forever. No matter what I posted, my post count was SIX SIX SIX.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Tue May 20, 2008 6:34 pm UTC

I missed my 666 entirely. If I'm not careful, I'll miss 1000 too.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Tue May 20, 2008 7:30 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:I missed my 666 entirely. If I'm not careful, I'll miss 1000 too.

Don't miss that, 1000 is a great event.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue May 20, 2008 7:32 pm UTC

I have a number of posts. It is over 1000.

Post count means nothing.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Tue May 20, 2008 8:32 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:'nuff said.
I quoted this to read it. Now I'm saving you the trouble.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Masuri

Postby Masuri » Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 pm UTC

Confession: I skipped a fairly important standards meeting to go buy Age of Conan, and I am glad I did because I got the last two copies at Best Buy!

(If anyone asks, I was working a priority 2 ticket. *cough*)

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 pm UTC

Confession: I always have multiple tabs open in IE as I like to read a whole bunch of stuff at once. I occasionally lose track of what I'm reading. When this happens, I often find I have six tabs open at the top, all viewing the fora.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Tue May 20, 2008 9:57 pm UTC

The Spherical Cow wrote:Confession: I always have multiple tabs open in IE as I like to read a whole bunch of stuff at once. I occasionally lose track of what I'm reading. When this happens, I often find I have six tabs open at the top, all viewing the fora.

I do that all the time and only once so far have I posted something the wrong thread. I think I posted a confession in the awful pictures thread or something. I was very embarrassed.

Edited-in Confession: It's eleven in the evening, I have 2.5 sheets of homework to do for tomorrow, have to get up early and I'm sitting here cruising the fora and listening to awesome indie hip-hop.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Wed May 21, 2008 12:52 am UTC

Confession: I don't like the random thoughts thread because, as an obsessive compulsor, I am bothered by the fact that people rarely finish thoughts or help to finish mine.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Wed May 21, 2008 1:05 am UTC

I spent my evening lusting after a musician at a gig I attended.

This is a confession because I have a boyfriend, long term, I'm supposed to be rather happy in my present situation, but I was falling deeper in lust with this minstrel as the night progressed, and it was his other half, not mine, that prevented me from pursuing anything.

This is probably not a great development as far as my relationship is concerned, is it.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Wed May 21, 2008 1:06 am UTC

Confession: I felt really cool today when I learned how to finger-tap (guitar technique).

Nimz

Postby Nimz » Wed May 21, 2008 3:01 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:
Fat Tony wrote:Yeah, but then you don't get too see just exactly how small he made it.

This really ought to be sigged by someone.

Since this hasn't been taken by anyone yet, and since what I wrote was the context, I call dibs.

This post wouldn't be complete without some microwriting, so: My previous sig was a lame attempt to write something siggy while sleep-deprived.
LOWA

Miss C

Postby Miss C » Wed May 21, 2008 3:38 am UTC

Confession: I just got "laid off" because of "lack of funding" and now they are hiring another person to do almost my exact job. I am PISSED OFF!!! because I love my job and I love my students and want to see them graduate some day so that I can say "I knew you could do it" but I am too scared to fight it. I don't even know how to start. And the worst part is they must have lied to me about the reason they were letting me go so now I am filled with self-doubt.

Confession #2: I am so angry and upset that I am actually crying right now.
We have enough youth... how about a Fountain of Smart.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Wed May 21, 2008 4:06 am UTC

Miss C wrote:Confession: I just got "laid off" because of "lack of funding" and now they are hiring another person to do almost my exact job. I am PISSED OFF!!! because I love my job and I love my students and want to see them graduate some day so that I can say "I knew you could do it" but I am too scared to fight it. I don't even know how to start. And the worst part is they must have lied to me about the reason they were letting me go so now I am filled with self-doubt.

Confession #2: I am so angry and upset that I am actually crying right now.

Maybe it was lack of funding, and the new person is taking a drop from what you were making. In other news, if they claimed lack of funding, then it wasn't due to problems with you, and you can collect unemployment. The threat of that might get them to reinstate you too, if the funding troubles are expected to be temporary.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

mandalynn

Postby mandalynn » Wed May 21, 2008 4:20 am UTC

Angelene, this night of lusting aside, are you happy in your relationship? If so, then don't beat yourself up over it. Everyone lusts. His significant other prevented you from pursuing anything this time, and any time in the future, you'd find another excuse not to pursue something.

If you aren't happy, you may need to reevaluate your relationship. In that case, you should just be glad a little harmless lust helped you realize a more serious issue.

pet

Postby pet » Wed May 21, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Confession: I recently realized that my dad likes my friends because he wishes I were pretty and skinny and hard-working and athletic like them. I wish I hadn't.

Confession the second: I wish I were more like them too.
"Look up 'idiot' in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?"
"A picture of me?"
"No! The definition of the word 'idiot', which you fucking are!"

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Wed May 21, 2008 4:46 am UTC

Confession: In a moment of weakness, I nearly made an appointment to see a shrink. Glad I dodged that.

Miss C

Postby Miss C » Wed May 21, 2008 4:48 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:Maybe it was lack of funding, and the new person is taking a drop from what you were making. In other news, if they claimed lack of funding, then it wasn't due to problems with you, and you can collect unemployment. The threat of that might get them to reinstate you too, if the funding troubles are expected to be temporary.

No... this could not be the case because I am a teacher. The people they are interviewing have more experience than me which automatically means that they will make a higher salary. That is how teacher pay scale works (in Canada... I'm not sure about other places).

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Wed May 21, 2008 6:01 am UTC

pet wrote:Confession: I recently realized that my dad likes my friends because he wishes I were pretty and skinny and hard-working and athletic like them. I wish I hadn't.

Confession the second: I wish I were more like them too.

I can almost guarentee you're prettier than you give yourself credit for.

Maybe he's just happy you've surrounded yourself with people who he thinks will be a positive influence on you?

pet

Postby pet » Wed May 21, 2008 6:52 am UTC

Fossa wrote:I can almost guarantee you're prettier than you give yourself credit for.

Maybe he's just happy you've surrounded yourself with people who he thinks will be a positive influence on you?

I'm really not. Even my friends, who like me and try to be nice to me, don't dispute this. But thanks.

In a sense, exactly - he hopes they'll influence me to lose weight and wear contacts and exercise more and be a better student. Which are of course things I should do anyway (except the contacts - I've tried several different types and my eyes do not like them), but my dad's disappointment in me still hurts. I almost don't like to invite them over anymore because I know he's comparing them to me.

Lol, my daddy issues, let me show you them.
"Look up 'idiot' in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?"
"A picture of me?"
"No! The definition of the word 'idiot', which you fucking are!"

BattleMoose

Postby BattleMoose » Wed May 21, 2008 7:04 am UTC

Confession: I think I must have listened to the song, Killers, "Change your mind" about a hundred times so far this week. :/ Is emo.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Wed May 21, 2008 11:48 am UTC

pet wrote:
Fossa wrote:I can almost guarantee you're prettier than you give yourself credit for.

I'm really not. Even my friends, who like me and try to be nice to me, don't dispute this. But thanks.

In a sense, exactly - he hopes they'll influence me to lose weight and wear contacts and exercise more and be a better student. Which are of course things I should do anyway (except the contacts - I've tried several different types and my eyes do not like them), but my dad's disappointment in me still hurts. I almost don't like to invite them over anymore because I know he's comparing them to me.

Lol, my daddy issues, let me show you them.

My dad loves it when I bring boys home because he wanted a son. It's pretty clear that he usually likes them more than he likes me. Unfortunately, I suspect I will never grow a penis.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Masuri

Postby Masuri » Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 am UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:Unfortunately, I suspect I will never grow a penis.

But what a shocking turn of events it would be if you did.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Wed May 21, 2008 1:28 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:Unfortunately, I suspect I will never grow a penis.

Have you tried? How will you ever know you can if you haven't tried?
多么现在棕色母牛?

libellule

Postby libellule » Wed May 21, 2008 4:15 pm UTC

Angelene wrote:I spent my evening lusting after a musician at a gig I attended.

This is a confession because I have a boyfriend, long term, I'm supposed to be rather happy in my present situation, but I was falling deeper in lust with this minstrel as the night progressed, and it was his other half, not mine, that prevented me from pursuing anything.

This is probably not a great development as far as my relationship is concerned, is it.

Lusting after live musicians is reflexive, inevitable, and independent of one's current relationship status.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed May 21, 2008 4:23 pm UTC

libellule wrote:
Angelene wrote:I spent my evening lusting after a musician at a gig I attended.

Lusting after live musicians is reflexive, inevitable, and independent of one's current relationship status.

Nice. I'm gonna do more gigs now. >.>;
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

libellule

Postby libellule » Wed May 21, 2008 4:44 pm UTC

The world needs more live music.

And more lust

protonics

Postby protonics » Wed May 21, 2008 5:07 pm UTC

'insurrection' is a funny word

pkuky

Postby pkuky » Wed May 21, 2008 5:21 pm UTC

confession: yesterday a girl I liked, who's been avoiding giving me a streight answer for weeks, told me that she loved her old bf's body, his breath, etc, and loved him as a piece of meat, and that I was a really good friend but didn't do that for her. I was depressed today, so much so I skipped linear algebra. it didn't do me any good. I had a finishing test in computers and I had a fight with two other guys in the test room while the teacher was handing out the tests. Later I put my hand on my pen, and aformetioned girl accidentaly (or at least I hope so) punched me on the shoulder, driving my thumb iunto the pen's pointy end. this did let me avoid my teacher and thus avoid trouble for the fights incident (I need a band aid, see? there's blood all over my thumb!). I've been crying on and off, not just about that girl but also about parent troubles, other people, no fire to go to tomorrow (lag baomer, for those who don't know that's when everyone goes out and has a fire with friends), and for most of the day my eyes feel salty. on the way home I sat in a heap of pine needles (think it was pine, I'm not really good with trees), between some trees and cried, and I couldn't get up for nearly twenty minutes, until I started singing songs to cheer me up, and even then it took me a while to find the right song to get myself up (it was "dreams of yesterday", only it';s in hebrew so probably you've never heard of it. dreams of yesterday for obvoios reasons). I've never actually had a girlfriend, I'm 17 and a quarter (exactly), and I thought I'd finally found one. so I was sad, not because something happened but because nothing did (I've been depressed all year, it's been getting stedily worse. lately it got a bit better, but now I'm back where I started).
It rains on the enemy too!

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Wed May 21, 2008 9:12 pm UTC

Confession: Today my geology class went on a field trip. Before we left, my teacher and I were horrified to discover that I had gotten one side of the permission form signed, but not the other side (we need extra permission to use private cars.) She told me verbal permission would be sufficient.

That's not the confession part. The confession part is that I called my mom three times and when she didn't pick up, I called my older sister and got her to pretend to be Mom so I could go on the trip. Bad Quixotess! Bad!

I should buy my sister some really nice chocolate or something.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Wed May 21, 2008 9:46 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:Confession: Today my geology class went on a field trip. Before we left, my teacher and I were horrified to discover that I had gotten one side of the permission form signed, but not the other side (we need extra permission to use private cars.) She told me verbal permission would be sufficient.

That's not the confession part. The confession part is that I called my mom three times and when she didn't pick up, I called my older sister and got her to pretend to be Mom so I could go on the trip. Bad Quixotess! Bad!

There is nothing to confess in here. I wouldn't consider this morally or ethically questionable at all. Of course, I don't have the most effective moral compass, so take this with a grain of salt.

EDIT: And I had it mentioned to me that this was post 1000. Yeah, that was about as much fanfare as my 21st birthday.
Last edited by Torvaun on Thu May 22, 2008 12:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Wed May 21, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:
Quixotess wrote:Confession: Today my geology class went on a field trip. Before we left, my teacher and I were horrified to discover that I had gotten one side of the permission form signed, but not the other side (we need extra permission to use private cars.) She told me verbal permission would be sufficient.

There is nothing to confess in here. I wouldn't consider this morally or ethically questionable at all. Of course, I don't have the most effective moral compass, so take this with a grain of salt.
Unless your mum said "No, thou shalt not take a private car", there's no real confession.

Confession: I have an exam on Friday. I'm slightly depressed now, and quite drunk. I've done very little revision.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed May 21, 2008 10:21 pm UTC

confession: I was feeling low recently, then I went into the human extinction thread and gushed about how awesome people are and how much I want a kid.

This made me feel better. Though, not really much better, because it, once again, brought to my mind that I made a choice 6 or so months ago, which I may regret (the not saving genetic material for procreation purposes choice... I can go back, but i'll have to undo 6 months of work on my body to do so... and then that's only to produce enough sperm to actually get a sample to save... then what? I pay a monthly fee to keep soemthing I may never use on ice? But... on the other hand, since I do like women, and if I do find someone compatable with me, I'd be able to create a child. Which I want. But, I keep telling myself, I want to adopt. Then again, can I adopt? etc etc...

ARGH!)

Yeah... better. That's one word for it :\
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Wed May 21, 2008 11:05 pm UTC

Confession: Today is a day with an extra helping of self-loathing. Messing with WiiFit has made me realize that I'm ridiculously unfit and that it is rather painful to become fit. I continue to hate the face that stares back at me in the mirror and the stupid way I act.

I'm also having a panic attack because I have to spend two nights living with my parents' friends to do volunteer work and I don't know these people well and my social anxiety is going crazy right now.

Edit: Oh, and despite applying to university and already paying the $500 rez deposit, I don't think I'm ready to go to uni now.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Wed May 21, 2008 11:13 pm UTC

Confession: I told myself I'd forget about this one girl, and today, pretty much failed completely at that.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Wed May 21, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

That's when you ask the teacher to turn around, and then YOU sign it real quick. At least, that's how it worked back when I still needed permission forms to do things.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

saxmaniac1987
Can't spell sex

Postby saxmaniac1987 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 pm UTC

bbctol wrote:Confession: I told myself I'd forget about this one girl, and today, pretty much failed completely at that.

Same here. She wrote on my facebook wall and BAM! Damnit...
"A witty saying proves nothing" - Voltaire

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Thu May 22, 2008 5:08 am UTC

saxmaniac1987 wrote:
bbctol wrote:Confession: I told myself I'd forget about this one girl, and today, pretty much failed completely at that.

Same here. She wrote on my facebook wall and BAM! Damnit...

Wow, at least you have people (girls even) posting on your wall.

OK, my situation isn't as bad as I make it sound, but still, I should get out more often.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Thu May 22, 2008 8:39 pm UTC

Nimz wrote:
Torvaun wrote:
Fat Tony wrote:Yeah, but then you don't get too see just exactly how small he made it.

This really ought to be sigged by someone.

Since this hasn't been taken by anyone yet, and since what I wrote was the context, I call dibs.

This post wouldn't be complete without some microwriting, so: My previous sig was a lame attempt to write something siggy while sleep-deprived.

...Could I kindly request that you fix the abhorrent grammatical error in that statement of mine?
(Lose one of the o's on the "too").

Miss C

Postby Miss C » Fri May 23, 2008 12:12 am UTC

Confession: I have a great and fulfilling career, but it has been a long day and I really miss the days when I served, got lots of cash, partied till six AM, slept, and got up in time for work.

And then I shake my head and realize how many brain cells I killed when I was doing that.

Return to “General”