Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Torvaun

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Torvaun » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:35 pm UTC

Confession: I should be doing something. Even if I'm not doing something, I should be very frugal right now. But, I spent money, and now I expect I'm going to be unproductive for quite a while because of it. Darn.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:38 pm UTC

xndrew wrote:
EeveE wrote:
benjhuey wrote:Confession of a different nature: I use iTunes' sharing feature to listen to the music of strangers more often than I listen to my own.

I must confess I do this also.

You are the girls at parties that I went to that wouldn't talk to me but would steal all my computer and ability to share with people I know in my dorm by connecting to my iTunes. Not literally, I guess that's obvious. Specially since you're both not girls. Only one of you. I'm tired. And drunk. Good night.

Sometimes I wish I could find the people to tell them I love them for what I find on their iTunes.

Other than that, I am going to go ahead and concede to the fact that I am depressed.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:17 pm UTC

Confession: My heroes include Bill and Ted, Buckaroo Banzai, Slash, Buddy Holly, Ken Rolston, and Joe the Plumber.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:19 pm UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Confession: My heroes include Bill and Ted, Buckaroo Banzai, Slash, Buddy Holly, Ken Rolston, and Joe the Plumber.

My heroes include El Nombre and the Raggy Dolls :D
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:21 pm UTC

El Nombre is a hero for the average man.

I'd really love a special series of El Nombre that covers things like integration and statistical tests/
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

frenchToast

Postby frenchToast » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:28 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:
frenchToast wrote:Confession: I'm not sure I know what it's like to not be at least a little sad. Because even when I'm happy I know that the sad will probably come back pretty soon.

That's weird and not healthy. And it's also not going away, and that worries me because I'm trying so hard.

Confession 2: I feel like I can't trust my roommate.

And as depressing as this post sounds, it's actually an okay day today.

see someone about it then? If you find it's not healthy, or you don't like it, then talk to someone. We're a good start, but... well there's only so much anonymous people telling you what to do can help with. See a therapist. Talk to your doctor. Do something.

You are absolutely right, and that's what I did. I just started going (in that I have had two appointments and the next one's Monday,) and we're still in the "tell me about what you're feeling ... " phase. So hopefully it will get into something that can help me, and hopefully I can sort it out in a few more sessions because after 10 or so I can't go anymore (silly university counseling center and their rules. Although apparently they'll help me find a permanent counselor if I feel I need one. We'll see how I feel when I get to that point.)

Also ... Socal, that sucks. The only thing that I can think of that might suck about as much in relation to speeding tickets is that if I got pulled over the cop would probably KNOW my dad.

And, because I feel like I should poss a 'fess: I got McDonald's when I was out running errands today, for no reason at all. It was delicious and I do not feel bad about it.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:El Nombre is a hero for the average man.

I'd really love a special series of El Nombre that covers things like integration and statistical tests/

That would be the most awesome thing ever :D

Unfortunately El Nombre has sold out and now runs about the desert throwing pies. :cry:
Moo wrote:

EeveE

Postby EeveE » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:41 pm UTC

Fess: I just ate 32 cookies by myself...(homemade chocolate chunk) and I am not the least bit apologetic.
Spoiler:
Coke cans are red like Communism.

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:42 pm UTC

Teapot wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:El Nombre is a hero for the average man.

That would be the most awesome thing ever :D

Unfortunately El Nombre has sold out and now runs about the desert throwing pies. :cry:

Yeah. I remember when El Nombre used to do good things.

Spoiler:
"Oh, Mama! I cannot draw a triangle. Whatever can I do?"
"I can't help you, Little Juan, but think I know someone who can!"

EL NOMBRE! COUNTING NUMBERS IN THE DESERT SUN! EL NOMBREEEEEEEE!!

"Oh, El Nombre, I cannot draw a triangle!"
"Don't worry, Little Juan! It goes like this!"

Doo doodle doo dood oo dooooooo, etc etc.

"There you go, Little Juan!"
"Oh. thank you El Nombre!"

Yeah, El Nombre on a Sunday morning after my paper round, then some Kim Possible. Those were the days.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:50 pm UTC

EeveE wrote:Fess: I just ate 32 cookies by myself...(homemade chocolate chunk) and I am not the least bit apologetic.
Fess: before this post I wanted cookies. Now I want them more. I love cookies, but have no proper homemade recipies.... :( Tell a lie; there are a couple in the simple but effective desserts thread, but thats more general
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:54 pm UTC

Confession: Last time I posted here it was about me not posting enough on these forums, after that i didn't have inrternet til now so I didn't actually do anything about it.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:11 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:
EeveE wrote:Fess: I just ate 32 cookies by myself...(homemade chocolate chunk) and I am not the least bit apologetic.
Fess: before this post I wanted cookies. Now I want them more. I love cookies, but have no proper homemade recipies.... :( Tell a lie; there are a couple in the simple but effective desserts thread, but thats more general

Today, being mole day, one of my classmates brought in an "Edimole". It was something along the lines of a three-dimensional mole-shaped cookie. Treat.
Thing.
...I just made a stuffed Diggi Sniffs (from the Moltley Crue) =D

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:41 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:

Today, being mole day, one of my classmates brought in an "Edimole". It was something along the lines of a three-dimensional mole-shaped cookie. Treat.
Thing.
...I just made a stuffed Diggi Sniffs (from the Moltley Crue) =D

Back in high school, my chem teacher would bring in mole-shaped cookies for mole day. He claimed they were made with mole-asses.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:43 am UTC

Fess: I have never heard of mole day
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:52 am UTC

1 Mole is 6.02 x 10^23
Honestly though, I'm confused too. I've never heard of mole day before now, and June Second seems like a better day for Mole Day
Last edited by Mo0man on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:52 am UTC

Ian Ex Machina wrote:Confession: Last time I posted here it was about me not posting enough on these forums, after that i didn't have inrternet til now so I didn't actually do anything about it.

I was wondering why I never saw your posts around anymore.
I don't see much of The Mighty Thesaurus either, come to think of it.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:Back in high school, my chem teacher would bring in mole-shaped cookies for mole day. He claimed they were made with mole-asses.

I laughed very loudly and must do this sometime. :twisted:

Also, mole as in the chem unit, or the animal? Or both?
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:55 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Fess: I have never heard of mole day

It's a chem geek thing. 1 mole of a substance is 6.02 * 10^23 molecules of it. Thus, 10-23 is mole day. I'm not sure what they do in places where you go day-month instead of month day, though I suspect they use the American date standard for such things as that.

Edit: The cookies would be shaped like the animal, but the day is for chemistry.

steewi

Postby steewi » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:09 am UTC

Confession: "Be Excellent to Each Other" and "Party On" are the closest things I have to a life-philosophy. I base the way I act off a B-grade 80s movie.

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:09 am UTC

I really miss her, and I don't think she misses me at all. It's not like I wish that she still has feelings for me, and it's not like I'm refusing to get over her...It just hurts that after all these weeks, she still doesn't want to talk to me. Not even a friendly conversation. Not even anything. It's like I never existed.

Also, the only people that I'm really friends with here are a few guys in my hall and some people from high school that I see infrequently. I have no idea how to get close to other people. I haven't made a single female friend yet. In fact, I only have around two female acquaintances here.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:41 am UTC

Confession:
I try to help you and I don't want you to feel pain and suffer, but I don't think I can help you. I'm afraid that I'm worthless in that respect. Maybe I shouldn't major in psych. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I'm no help. :(
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:58 am UTC

steewi wrote:Confession: "Be Excellent to Each Other" and "Party On" are the closest things I have to a life-philosophy. I base the way I act off a B-grade 80s movie.

Ah, come on; it's the second-greatest movie ever made (the original, that is [the sequel is only the third-greatest movie ever made =D]).

Socal Swimmer

Postby Socal Swimmer » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:52 am UTC

Delalyra wrote:
Socal Swimmer wrote:I just got pulled over for speeding. I feel like such an idiot.

I got no ticket, but the cop called my dad. at least the cop was somewhat nice about it..

now i just want to curl up in a corner and hyperventilate.

I totally do the same thing. Get all shaky after I get pulled over, can't focus; it sucks. But why'd the cop call your dad? Is it an under-18 thing?

I don't know, it must be. I think he just wanted to punish me somehow but didn't want to write a ticket.

I want cookies.. I shall eat some :)
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.

I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

KingLoser
Obnoxious Distraction

Postby KingLoser » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:06 am UTC

Socal Swimmer wrote:
Delalyra wrote:
Socal Swimmer wrote:I just got pulled over for speeding. I feel like such an idiot.

I got no ticket, but the cop called my dad. at least the cop was somewhat nice about it..

I totally do the same thing. Get all shaky after I get pulled over, can't focus; it sucks. But why'd the cop call your dad? Is it an under-18 thing?

I don't know, it must be. I think he just wanted to punish me somehow but didn't want to write a ticket.

I want cookies.. I shall eat some :)

I've met cops like that, they don't want the paperwork, but they've got it into their head to give you hard time any which way they can. They're pricks, simple as, it's just unfortunate that they're cops too.
Add me on: Last.fm | Facebook | Flickr doodz.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt díog dúnta.

kriel

Postby kriel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:09 am UTC

KingLoser wrote:
Socal Swimmer wrote:
Delalyra wrote:

I've met cops like that, they don't want the paperwork, but they've got it into their head to give you hard time any which way they can. They're pricks, simple as, it's just unfortunate that they're cops too.
Or the cop really should have given SS a ticket, but didn't feel like punishing him _that_ bad (a ticket when you're under-18 can fuck up your record bad) and just let his dad know.

KingLoser
Obnoxious Distraction

Postby KingLoser » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:16 am UTC

kriel wrote:big fuckin quote tree

Mayhaps, I just smoked a massive joint. Paranoia and cops are partners in crime. :mrgreen:

Confession: I'm in work...
Add me on: Last.fm | Facebook | Flickr doodz.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt díog dúnta.

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:17 am UTC

I read through a bunch of old emails from my recent ex, and god it is depressing. I finally found a girl that I actually enjoyed being around - a girl that I did not consider just a sex object. Fuck

I wish I was way drunker than I am now, because all I can do is get really fucking depressed when I think about her.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:55 am UTC

Confession: While reading the fora, I occasionally abbreviate Quixotess as Q in my head. At which point I start imagining her posts as being read by Desmond Llewelyn.

pkuky

Postby pkuky » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:03 am UTC

or maybe the cop's supposed to giveyou a hard time...you know, on account of how he's supposed to deter traffic offences. also, couldbe he was bored and wanted to do something that would give him an excuse to stop just driving around and looking for lawbreakers. I've been on policepatrol, and it's insanely boring. you start hoping for complete anarchy just so you can have something to do.
It rains on the enemy too!

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:20 am UTC

Fess:- I should've pulled a sickie today. Work is poo.
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:23 am UTC

Confession: I was supposed to be doing recording today but I am feeling all triggered and shaky and I don't want to leave my flat.

(I feel safe in this room because there are no sharp objects.)
Moo wrote:

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 am UTC

Confession: It's homecoming weekend and I'd rather sleep through it.
多么现在棕色母牛?

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:53 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Confession: It's homecoming weekend and I'd rather sleep through it.

is homecoming a big deal where you are?
cause in movies and stuff it's huge but at my school, and most of the local schools, it's a bit more exciting than a normal football game, but not by much. it's a normal game with a dance no one goes to and malasadas people adore more than the game.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:03 am UTC

Teapot wrote:Confession: I was supposed to be doing recording today but I am feeling all triggered and shaky and I don't want to leave my flat.

(I feel safe in this room because there are no sharp objects.)

*Hugs*
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:27 am UTC

suffer-cait wrote:
benjhuey wrote:Confession: It's homecoming weekend and I'd rather sleep through it.

is homecoming a big deal where you are?
cause in movies and stuff it's huge but at my school, and most of the local schools, it's a bit more exciting than a normal football game, but not by much. it's a normal game with a dance no one goes to and malasadas people adore more than the game.

It all depends on who you ask. Some people make a huge deal out of it, others don't, and I'm part of the latter group. I guess it's just that more people will be doing more things this weekend than other weekends simply because it's homecoming weekend (but not necessarily because they care). Like on April Fool's Day; one can be a dick any other day, but on April Fool's Day, everyone will be a dick. Why? Because it's April Fool's Day. They need no further explanation, it's just there.

Uni homecoming, however, is a bit different than high school homecoming (for a good number of reasons), and apparently, my uni is most often accredited with beginning the tradition, so those factors might have something to do with it (the major ones being that alumni actually show up for a large-college homecoming [an aspect of which I'm not particularly fond] and drinking is a lot more prevalent).
多么现在棕色母牛?

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 am UTC

Mo0man wrote:1 Mole is 6.02 x 10^23
Honestly though, I'm confused too. I've never heard of mole day before now, and June Second seems like a better day for Mole Day
Ah Avagadro.
Fess: I truly think the regional manager is nice. Not because I'm sucking up, but because he actually is.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:20 am UTC

@benjhuey: maybe i too am in the latter group and assumed it was the entire school. i'll have to go experience one at the local college to use as comparison
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:26 pm UTC

Confession: I really need to tidy my room, and it will involve bin bags :(
(Just to note nothing is rotting/dead in my room.)

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:30 pm UTC

Confession: I just failed my G2 road test (G2 is a level of driver's license in Ontario) :(. I know 70% of people do, and I don't consider myself among the best drivers, but still. That's $40 down the drain so I can retake it in a month.

And the stuff I messed up was a few "rules", such as signaling when coming out of a parallel park, i.e. things I now know and would do just fine at if I retook the test immediately. >_>

And for the record, I ABSOLUTELY NAILED the parallel park and back-in. Like, hardcore. I'm pretty sure the examiner got so jealous of my parking skills that he failed me. (<-- probably belongs in the "made of smug" thread)

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:02 pm UTC

Fess: I have adopted an awesome person.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Return to “General”