Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

koneko

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a newt idol!

Postby koneko » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:55 am UTC

Hard, and for quite a long time! ^_^
ImageImage

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:59 am UTC

Methinks you would have a lot of fun with us. :wink:
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!

Postby xndrew » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:31 am UTC

I just want to say this conversation is awesome. Carry on please.

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:32 am UTC

Guys, you already have a BDSM thread. Since Koneko has posted this particular thing in both this thread and the BDSM thread (which is another issue - posting something in one thread will suffice) can you keep the graphic stuff in the BDSM thread, please?

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Yes'm.

Moving on, I wonder why I never see angry confessions.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:46 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Yes'm.

Like confessing a burning hate for mundane annoyances, such as people who don't signal before turning at a four way stop, making it completely impossible to guess that they were going to turn into your forward path of motion (and your front bumper as well) because you thought they were going straight and came to the conclusion that it was safe to enter the intersection at the same time?

Or did you mean something else?
多么现在棕色母牛?

NMcCoy

Postby NMcCoy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:51 am UTC

Confession: I find this whole CaramellDansen thing, and related phenomena, to be far more entertaining than I suspect I should.

Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank

Postby Berengal » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:57 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:
Insignificant Deification wrote:Yes'm.

Like confessing a burning hate for mundane annoyances, such as people who don't signal before turning at a four way stop, making it completely impossible to guess that they were going to turn into your forward path of motion (and your front bumper as well) because you thought they were going straight and came to the conclusion that it was safe to enter the intersection at the same time?

Or did you mean something else?

Man, I hate when people do that. Especially when I'm driving relatively unsafe vehicles lacking airbags, crumple zones and a roll cage (also known as a motorcycle). I have no choice but to stop and wait for them, because despite the road going either left or right, but not straight ahead, they don't signal, so I don't know if I should aim left or right of them when passing, and there's just 50% chance of getting it right and failure means horrible crash, quite likely ending in me not living much longer.
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

koneko

Postby koneko » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:36 am UTC

or like how i refuse to watch the movie "two weeks notice" because of its lack of apostrophe
ImageImage

Knucklecallus093

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby Knucklecallus093 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:37 am UTC

I Am Raven wrote:(@Knucklecallus093: you joined these fora on my birthday :mrgreen: , doesn't that make you feel special? :D )

Why... Why yes.
Yes, it does. *sniffle*
I am glad that I am in your heart!
[Begin Message to alien mother ship] I have successfully infiltrated the emotional defense shield. The Tarq-savior shall be set off tomorrow, at the arranged time, I only await your coded signal. [End Message]
Be curious, not judgmental. - Walt Whitman
"Tyrannosaurs in F-14s!" - Calvin

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that
distinguish one man from another. -Hemingway

eXS

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a new title!

Postby eXS » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:44 am UTC

Knucklecallus093 wrote:[Begin Message to alien mother ship] I have successfully infiltrated the emotional defense shield. The Tarq-savior shall be set off tomorrow, at the arranged time, I only await your coded signal. [End Message]

This reminds me of that old larson comic, where one alien asks the other: "What happened to agent Beel-Gotz that we sent to earth some time ago?" and the other one answers: "Well, he has taken the name Bill Gates and stopped answering our radio signals."
Insert witty signature here and i will beat you.

mrorange
Something from Reservoir Dogs, perhaps?

Postby mrorange » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:40 am UTC

confession: its my birthday in *checks* approximately half an hour. i really don't care and actually wouldn't have remembered if no one had told me today. its not like an emo dealy, i just really don't notice or get what the big deal with birthday's is... probably why i forget everyone elses... anyway. happy birthday too meee. happy birthday to meee...
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff
BomanTheBear wrote: but then i started playing rugby and breakdancing.

koneko

Postby koneko » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:58 am UTC

yom huledet sameach! feliz cumpleanos! otanjoubi omedetou! happy birthday!
ImageImage

Knucklecallus093

Postby Knucklecallus093 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:29 am UTC

mrorange wrote:confession: its my birthday in *checks* approximately half an hour. i really don't care and actually wouldn't have remembered if no one had told me today. its not like an emo dealy, i just really don't notice or get what the big deal with birthday's is... probably why i forget everyone elses... anyway. happy birthday too meee. happy birthday to meee...

Hey, you know what!?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Two edits: Superscript just made happy birthday into subscript. Huh?

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that

mrorange
Something from Reservoir Dogs, perhaps?

Postby mrorange » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:10 am UTC

yaay :) thank you both/all

confession: nice friendly reasonable noobs make me have faith in humanity.
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff
BomanTheBear wrote: but then i started playing rugby and breakdancing.

ducknerd

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with an ew title!

Postby ducknerd » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:20 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:I. . . just don't know. I don't begin to understand how someone could willingly alter their brain chemistry. . .

It's one of the most important things to me to remain myself, anything that seems to compromise that seems alien. I know there are some people for whom it is straight-up necessary, and I feel really bad for those people.

So, I guess, confession: I hate Psychiatry, and Scientology.

Yeah yeah, convo has moved on, but YES. There's something I've always found deeply unsettling about deliberate psychological self-manipulation, and yes, I understand it's necessary for some situations, but *shudders*. It's totally illogical, but it's always creeped me out. I'm glad other people feel like this.

Happy (now-belated) birthday, mrorange!
17/Male/Hetero/Euromutt

Knucklecallus093

Postby Knucklecallus093 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:49 am UTC

mrorange wrote:yaay :) thank you both/all

confession: nice friendly reasonable noobs make me have faith in humanity.

Hey, it is what we are here for... I guess.
Confession: I just spent 11 hours writing 3 essays for english class tomorrow, procrastination at it's finest. Seriously, I love writing, but only when I don't feel pressured into writing about the subject. A tad bit sadistic (fate is [if that exists]), huh? You would expect that if you liked writing, you would excel at essays, but noo, lets make him have a deep prejudice against work that actually is supposed to help him.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:11 am UTC

IRONY:
These last few days, for some reason I've become unduely popular, I've had a Stompa (40k geeks will be awed) named after me, I'm on a graph depicting happyness, I've suddenly began talking a lot to many of my MSN-Friends that I haven't conversed with much before, even became enamourd with one of them.
And of course, this happens to coincide with me moving out, again, rendering me unable to regularly access a computer out side of work.

And Mr.Orange
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:21 am UTC

ducknerd wrote:
Insignificant Deification wrote:I. . . just don't know. I don't begin to understand how someone could willingly alter their brain chemistry. . .

It's one of the most important things to me to remain myself, anything that seems to compromise that seems alien. I know there are some people for whom it is straight-up necessary, and I feel really bad for those people.

So, I guess, confession: I hate Psychiatry, and Scientology.

Yeah yeah, convo has moved on, but YES. There's something I've always found deeply unsettling about deliberate psychological self-manipulation, and yes, I understand it's necessary for some situations, but *shudders*. It's totally illogical, but it's always creeped me out. I'm glad other people feel like this.

Happy (now-belated) birthday, mrorange!

You know, I think it'd be really interesting to have an altered state of perception/mind, and provided it were only temporary, I think it might actually be pretty enlightening.

For example, when you're immersed in a really good piece of literature, it's really easy to slip into any character's frame of mind and see life/the world from their perspective. It's a major reason for why literature is so enjoyable (to me anyway.)

But while I think it'd be a pretty neat/interesting thing to try, I've always secretly maintained that my imagination is MORE than enough to put me into any frame of mind or situation that I'd care to experience. Or something like that. Thus, I've never really gotten any strong urge to try any mind-altering substances. *Shrug*

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:04 pm UTC

Confession: I have been unfair to raisins.

I'm still not a raisin fan, but this weekend I was really hungry and the only food available was a trail mix of nuts, M&Ms, and raisins. I didn't really feel like picking them out . . . and . . . it was pretty good. I'm still not gonna go out and buy a box for a snack, but I also won't go out of my way to avoid them in otherwise delicious situations.

But still - fuck them for ruining oatmeal cookies.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:07 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:Confession:
But still - fuck them for ruining oatmeal cookies.

QFT.

I hate it when you can't see them so you THINK it's a normal, awesome oatmeal cookie but NOO, it's full of squishy, nasty raisins that look like flies with their wings and legs removed.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:12 pm UTC

Heathens. Oatmeal raisin is the essence of everything that it is to be cookie.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:13 pm UTC

We used to be friends. Those were good times. But they are in the past now.

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:13 pm UTC

Belial wrote:Heathens. Oatmeal raisin is the essence of everything that it is to be cookie.

Doubleplusagreed with bells on.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:18 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:We used to be friends. Those were good times. But they are in the past now.

Now there is only vengeance and death.

And cookies.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

bumpgrrl

Postby bumpgrrl » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:52 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
VTHodge wrote:We used to be friends. Those were good times. But they are in the past now.

Now there is only vengeance and death.

And cookies.

Thanks a lot everyone, now I have a huge urge to leave work and go buy and glutton out on a whole bunch of oatmeal raisin cookies. Huh - leaving work - an interesting thought, since I haven't lifted a finger to do anything work related yet this morning. oh, the curse of xkcd.

Confession: I am on antidepressants, and struggling with the notion that they may become a semi-permanent aspect of my life.
Belial wrote:Now there is only vengeance and death.

And cookies.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:10 pm UTC

Nebulae wrote:
ducknerd wrote:
Insignificant Deification wrote:I. . . just don't know. I don't begin to understand how someone could willingly alter their brain chemistry. . .It's one of the most important things to me to remain myself, anything that seems to compromise that seems alien. I know there are some people for whom it is straight-up necessary, and I feel really bad for those people.
There's something I've always found deeply unsettling about deliberate psychological self-manipulation, and yes, I understand it's necessary for some situations, but *shudders*. It's totally illogical, but it's always creeped me out.
You know, I think it'd be really interesting to have an altered state of perception/mind, and provided it were only temporary, I think it might actually be pretty enlightening. For example, when you're immersed in a really good piece of literature, it's really easy to slip into any character's frame of mind and see life/the world from their perspective. It's a major reason for why literature is so enjoyable (to me anyway.) But while I think it'd be a pretty neat/interesting thing to try, I've always secretly maintained that my imagination is MORE than enough to put me into any frame of mind or situation that I'd care to experience....

Letsee.. there's the OnMedication crowd that, for whatever reason - their brain chemistry is such that they are currently incapable of approaching what one considers a normal state of mind. Depression, mood swings, whatever. Therapy helps in some cases, but not all. So there's one subset that, in many cases, gladly takes substances to alter their brain chemistry for the purpose of altering brain chemistry.

Then there's the SelfMedicating crowd. The people who have situations they consider so fucked up as to be unable to deal with them and so, right or wrong, ingest various substances to alter brain chemistry so as to make it more bearable. Whether or not the situation is able to be dealt with is debateable, as the reasons range from "I had a bad drive on the way home, two people cut me off, must drink to calm down" to "My dad molests me a couple times a week and the only thing keeping me from slashing my throat is smoking pot." and in many cases have more preferable solutions, but.. the reasons for choosing to alter one's brain chemistry is still a logical one as it makes something that seems fucked up seem not so fucked up and able to be dealt with.

Then there's the Experimental crowd. I'm lumping myself in with this group and will speak more or less from personal experience. We're the crowd that, for example, when told at age 10 that certain substances will cause you to see and hear things that aren't really there react not in horror or shock, but in curiosity and intrigue. Some of us engage in it in what I'd call a responsible manner.. reading up on the effects, the side effects, addictive qualities, duration, and so forth and choose to partake in a safe environment with plenty of time to enjoy and recover before having to interact with the world again, while others simply use their bodies as living chemistry experiments. The whole point is the altered perception and state of mind. Some use it as a tool to reexamine the self. Others use it just as a way to find out what substance X is really like.

*edit* And apparently I think qualities is spelled qualitys. Even after Firefox tries to tell me I'm wrong. Ah, well..fixed it.
Last edited by SecondTalon on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:22 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:17 pm UTC

Okay, fora-crush on SecondTalon for making drug users (under the right circumstances) look responsible.

/confession
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

bumpgrrl

Postby bumpgrrl » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:17 pm UTC

Confession: I *hate* the smilies on this forum.

And cookies.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:20 pm UTC

Delalyra wrote:Okay, fora-crush on SecondTalon for making drug users (under the right circumstances) look responsible.

/confession

Well, the next step is the Dumbasses, which basically are the same as the Experimentals, but they skip the part where they research the drug, and do dumb shit like take eight hits of Acid two hours before their shift at Pizza Hut or something.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ended

Postby Ended » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:22 pm UTC

Confession: I have to present the accounts for my charity at our AGM in a couple of hours. DO NOT WANT TO.

(hate public speaking much?)
Generally I try to make myself do things I instinctively avoid, in case they are awesome.
-dubsola

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:43 pm UTC

bumpgrrl wrote:Confession: I *hate* the smilies on this forum.

Agreed. We need to use smilies like Image

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:46 pm UTC

Aleril wrote:Image

NEVER! I really hate that style. I'm actually pretty good with the set that we currently use, but would like a few more to be added to the set.

bumpgrrl

Postby bumpgrrl » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:22 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:
Aleril wrote:Image

NEVER! I really hate that style. I'm actually pretty good with the set that we currently use, but would like a few more to be added to the set.

Oh ugh - those larger ones are even worse - personally, I'm a huge google-whore who loves the gmail chat smilies. Ah, the beauty of simplicity. Besides, how can you go wrong with a company that has an animation for +/'\ ? All hail our semi-benevolent techno-dictator.

And cookies.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:12 pm UTC

Personally, I'm a fan of psychology. I think it's great.
also ST is superkeen for his post. :D
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:18 pm UTC

We're the crowd that, for example, when told at age 10 that certain substances will cause you to see and hear things that aren't really there react not in horror or shock, but in curiosity and intrigue.
Hell yes.

Confession: I wanted to try marijuana from when I was 12 onwards. Didn't until I was 19 though.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:46 pm UTC

ST: Yeah, I know exactly what you're getting at, and I don't doubt that it's possible to try things safely and responsibly. Salvia seems like it would be really cool to try (and legal and safe? too!), but then again you hear about bad trips where people get stuck as a piece of furniture for 20 years (in dream/trip time.) Wouldn't that be weird, living out an entire lifetime inside a dream state.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:56 pm UTC

Someone else wanted more angry confessions, so this is the best I can do with the current topic.

Confession: I have a violent temper. Despite all the reasons that I give for being against drugs, I think that I'm most afraid of what I might do with chemically-reduced inhibitions. I broke my wall while completely sober, just frustrated. I can easily picture myself hurting someone instead under the effects of mind-altering substances.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

Confession: I hate him for being so damned understanding. I hate him for loving me that much. Dammit.

(DO NOT ASK.. I just needed to say it. Ok? Good.)

[Edit] Didn't realise you were on the search for an angry confession. How's that?
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank

Postby Berengal » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:27 pm UTC

bumpgrrl wrote:Confession: I *hate* the smilies on this forum.

Confession: I *hate* smilies. Period.

It took me two years to accept punctuation-style smilies, but I still get mad at people for using image-emotes. When I'm reading black text on white backgrounds, the last thing I want is some horribly ugly yellow and red monstrosity in my face.

I manage to contain this rage inside me though, but remember: While I might seem calm and rational on the outside, on the inside I'm imagining a predator tearing your spine out.
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Return to “General”