Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Fat Tony

Re: Confessional Thread - A black hole of emu

Postby Fat Tony » Sun May 18, 2008 2:44 am UTC

Confession: My prom is going on right now, and I'm sitting at home reading Wikipedia.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Sun May 18, 2008 2:57 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Confession: My prom is going on right now, and I'm sitting at home reading Wikipedia.

And? My prom was going on, and I was at home drinking alcohol and playing guitar.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Sun May 18, 2008 3:04 am UTC

Neris wrote:I had the worst panic attack at the dentist yesterday. I cried for a good hour... it was a disaster. I went in for a root canal, which, I've had done once in the past and didn't have a problem with. But for some reason as soon as the dentist injected the anesthetic tears rolled down the side of my eyes and then I cried and cried loudly, couldn't breathe so I kept gasping for air. I tried taking deep breathes to calm myself down but it didn't work, I tried to laugh about the situation so I'd feel better but it didn't work. The dentist and his assistant started freaking out but not as much as I did. I was freaking out and I didn't know what the hell I was freaking out about so I freaked out about freaking out lol. IT WAS A FUCKING DISASTER. Took me two hours to calm the fuck down. I cried all afternoon though. I cried a bit last night too. What's wrong with me?

Btw that's never happened before.

Sorry for dredging this from the past, but I haven't been on for two days (which is ages in the Confessional Thread). I went to the dentist recently. I never go, that was like the first time. The dentist was a complete jerk and kept on making cracks about how tall I was and stuff. Then he decided to give me a clean, and, quite obviously, there was no anaesthetic involved, so I can't blame it on that.

But while his hands and instruments were in my mouth I had the most intense feeling of fear ever. There was no pain, I think it was just being in a completely submissive position for an extended period of time with a person I completely didn't like. I truly haven't been more scared in my life, and I live near the bush and quite often get myself into dangerous situations on cliff faces and whatnot.
Yuri2356 wrote:I am faced with a crossword puzzle, an 8 letter word whose fifth letter is R, a clue reading "Useful for Procreation (2 words)", and the first thing that came to mind was "Date Rape".

Yuri2356 wrote:Still don't know, all it's picked up so far is a rather expected X in slot number 3. The clues in this thing are really poorly chosen - one of them is "Thingy-majig" ffs.
Then the 'R' is quite obviously wrong, the answer is sexytime.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Sun May 18, 2008 3:07 am UTC

sleepygamer wrote:
Fat Tony wrote:Confession: My prom is going on right now, and I'm sitting at home reading Wikipedia.

And? My prom was going on, and I was at home drinking alcohol and playing guitar.

I've been playing guitar too, but I figured I'd confess the loseriest part of my evening.
I don't drink =D

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sun May 18, 2008 3:50 am UTC

Flying Betty wrote:
Flying Betty wrote:Confession 2: I have no gin :(

Problem solved!

Woo!

Confession: There are likely half a dozen parties going on right now and I am not at any of them. :?
多么现在棕色母牛?

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Sun May 18, 2008 4:02 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:
sleepygamer wrote:

I've been playing guitar too, but I figured I'd confess the loseriest part of my evening.
I don't drink =D

YOU SICKEN ME.

Good day, sir!

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Sun May 18, 2008 4:18 am UTC

Eh, I don't drink and don't ever plan to.
Not because of the stupid health courses we have to take for years on end in school (those make me want to do drugs just to prove that they don't work!), mind you, it's just not my style.
Last edited by Fat Tony on Sun May 18, 2008 4:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sun May 18, 2008 4:20 am UTC

I could be drinking right now, but I'm just not cool enough I guess...
多么现在棕色母牛?

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Sun May 18, 2008 4:28 am UTC

Fairy nuff.

I like getting drunk. I generally get to the point where I am still sober inside, but there's a nice pink wall of fluffy happiness stopping me doing everything right.

It's quite funny.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Sun May 18, 2008 4:40 am UTC

Confession: I've been trying ever since school started last year to become a lucid dreamer and have had no success whatsoever. Every time I realize something is a dream, I isntantly wake up.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Sun May 18, 2008 4:47 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Confession: I've been trying ever since school started last year to become a lucid dreamer and have had no success whatsoever. Every time I realize something is a dream, I instantly wake up.

Try harder.

Here's a trick I do, if I think I'm waking up, I create a plot. My dream plot. 'tis fun. I think up some elaborate plot, and let it happen.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Sun May 18, 2008 4:50 am UTC

Except I don't have control. There's something about hypnagogia that, even though I realize I'm half-awake, the thought of thinking up my own dream never comes to me, so that task stays in the hands of my subconcious. Either that or I wake all the way up.

pet

Postby pet » Sun May 18, 2008 6:28 am UTC

Confession: I just a few hours ago came out to my best friend and I. feel. AMAZING. Just actually telling someone out loud was cathartic.
"Look up 'idiot' in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?"
"A picture of me?"
"No! The definition of the word 'idiot', which you fucking are!"

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Sun May 18, 2008 7:44 am UTC

pet wrote:Confession: I just a few hours ago came out to my best friend and I. feel. AMAZING. Just actually telling someone out loud was cathartic.

:D Congratulations! I know what you mean- the first time I said it out loud, I was on the ceiling for 4 days. Great feeling.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Wanderingcowboy

Postby Wanderingcowboy » Sun May 18, 2008 8:17 am UTC

Every time I post I spend about a minute rereading said post and trying to think of slight tweaks that would make it slightly funnier/deeper. I think I edit about half of my posts within their first minute of being posted.

Edit: (See my point?)
eternal luna wrote:Congratulations! I know what you mean- the first time I said it out loud, I was on the ceiling for 4 days. Great feeling.

...don't you have a boyfriend though?

Edit2: Failed at quoting
Edit3: Just remembered that life has shades of gray, and being bi can still be considered coming out, which is what I'm assuming is the situation here.
Randall on a skateboard!?
:mrgreen: <= This is my smiley. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My smiley is my best friend. It is my life. Without me, my smiley is useless. Without my smiley I am useless.

pkuky

Postby pkuky » Sun May 18, 2008 9:42 am UTC

I don't drink. I'd like too, if just to see what I would act like, but I can't stand the taste of any alcohol except in chocolate (and even that gets me slightly drunk). Also, I never get invited to any parties or anything, let alone ones in which oppurtunity for drinking would arise.
It rains on the enemy too!

Socal Swimmer

Postby Socal Swimmer » Sun May 18, 2008 9:43 am UTC

<anti-bisexual joke>
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.

I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Sun May 18, 2008 9:58 am UTC

Confession: I want to get Super Smash Bros Brawl, just so I can have an excuse to say "Zero Suit up!".

Wanderingcowboy

Postby Wanderingcowboy » Sun May 18, 2008 11:27 am UTC

</anti-bisexual joke>

Careful with those internet tags there Swimmer! They wield great powers.
:mrgreen: <= This is my smiley. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My smiley is my best friend. It is my life. Without me, my smiley is useless. Without my smiley I am useless.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Sun May 18, 2008 11:43 am UTC

Wanderingcowboy wrote:...don't you have a boyfriend though?

Yes. But I was in love for a couple of years with one girl, and only felt attracted to girls, so I thought I was exclusively homosexual (thought of being a guy was just traumatic). But then boy came along, and I started thinking maybe I had a thing for him too. After some deep self-searching, I came to the conclusion that I like both sexes (more recently changed to "all"). Definitely somewhere in the gray. :D <love>

Edit: Forgot to include my confession!

I like crunchy bananas. You know when they're so under-ripe that they're green, and you get that weird feeling at the back of your tongue? Yeah. I love that.

And my favourite sensation in the world is cold metal on my lips. At a close second is really, realy cold hands anywhere on my body.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

BattleMoose

Postby BattleMoose » Sun May 18, 2008 12:17 pm UTC

So it turns out, that I broke up with my bf because I was falling in love with him.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Sun May 18, 2008 12:19 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote:At a close second is really, realy cold hands anywhere on my body.
I wish more people liked this. I have the coldest hands ever.
BattleMoose wrote:So it turns out, that I broke up with my bf because I was falling in love with him.
You know, generally that is the opposite course of action to what I would take.

Care to explain?
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

pkuky

Postby pkuky » Sun May 18, 2008 5:16 pm UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:
eternal luna wrote:At a close second is really, realy cold hands anywhere on my body.
I wish more people liked this. I have the coldest hands ever

me too! also, I prefer the artificial banana-flavour they put in banana-flavoured ice cream over real bananas.

also, to expand the anti-bisexual joke: three people walk into a bar. the first two do something resonable and the third, who is a bisexual, does something unresonable, possibly related in some way to her bisexuality.
It rains on the enemy too!

pet

Postby pet » Sun May 18, 2008 6:30 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote::D Congratulations! I know what you mean- the first time I said it out loud, I was on the ceiling for 4 days. Great feeling.

Thanks! Incidentally, I was coming out as a bisexual as well.

Confession: I no longer feel that great as I've been plagued by the feeling that coming out was pointless since no one will ever date me anyway. But I'm trying to not let that keep me down.

Confession: Yesterday was my parents' anniversary and they were gone allllllll night and I should be happy that they seem to actually love each other more than they did when I was a kid, but I'm just weirded out.
"A picture of me?"

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Sun May 18, 2008 6:39 pm UTC

pet wrote:Confession: I no longer feel that great as I've been plagued by the feeling that coming out was pointless since no one will ever date me anyway. But I'm trying to not let that keep me down.

That's right, you're a vile person completely undeserving of love and affection. And you're ugly.

Alternately, all preceding statements are false. Pick one.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Socal Swimmer

Postby Socal Swimmer » Sun May 18, 2008 7:03 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:
pet wrote:Confession: I no longer feel that great as I've been plagued by the feeling that coming out was pointless since no one will ever date me anyway. But I'm trying to not let that keep me down.

That's right, you're a vile person completely undeserving of love and affection. And you're ugly.

einy meiny miney mo....

... did i say that right?
Wanderingcowboy wrote:</anti-bisexual joke>

Careful with those internet tags there Swimmer! They wield great powers.

I was trying to use it like you would use "<br>", when you don't need closing tags.

but your way is funnier, especially if the post between had been something related to bisexuality (said seriously).
Torvaun wrote:

I, socal swimmer, approve this message.

though I won't say which one.

;) :D

edit: I just realized that I quoted the same post twice..
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.

I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

Wanderingcowboy

Postby Wanderingcowboy » Sun May 18, 2008 7:58 pm UTC

BattleMoose wrote:So it turns out, that I broke up with my bf because I was falling in love with him.

...wait... what?
<Confusion>
eternal luna wrote:Yes. But I was in love for a couple of years with one girl, and only felt attracted to girls, so I thought I was exclusively homosexual (thought of being a guy was just traumatic). But then boy came along, and I started thinking maybe I had a thing for him too. After some deep self-searching, I came to the conclusion that I like both sexes (more recently changed to "all"). Definitely somewhere in the gray. :D <love>

The more love for everybody the merrier! ...and were you NOT paying attention just then? </love> Who knows you who you could be loving out on the internets! :P

I actually love that too. ...well, on certain parts of my body. ;) I had fun with my SO when it was winter!
Socal Swimmer wrote:I was trying to use it like you would use "<br>", when you don't need closing tags.

...that makes sense. BUT, then I'd be taking things in context, and that really isn't my style. :P

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Sun May 18, 2008 8:10 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:

It'd be far more awesome if you were at home drinking and playing guitar with other people. Like my brother did for his (sixth form) prom, and what I plan to do for mine. I'm having an Antiprom. Formal attire shall be frowned upon.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Sun May 18, 2008 8:21 pm UTC

...Sixth form?
I plan on doing something along those lines once I can drive.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Sun May 18, 2008 11:54 pm UTC

I think the Sixth form is like the sixth grade for the UK. Am I wrong? I think I'm wrong.
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Sun May 18, 2008 11:57 pm UTC

A sixth grade prom?
If I had to guess, I'd say sixth form was 11th grade.
Confession: That theory is based solely on my knowledge of the Harry Potter universe.

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Mon May 19, 2008 12:00 am UTC

A quick summary of the UK education system.

Compulsory education: First/primary school - Reception, year 1, 2 and 3, ages 4-7. Middle school, years 4, 5, 6, ages 8-10. High/secondary school, years 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, ages 11-16.

After high school, education is optional. Some schools have sixth forms attached, which is years 12 and 13, ages 17/18, or you can go to tertiary college, a separate institution but with the same years and same ages. After that, university.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Mon May 19, 2008 12:05 am UTC

@Fat Tony: Trouble with Hypnagogia? Let Aaron Diaz entertain you:
Spoiler:
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Mon May 19, 2008 12:22 am UTC

Confession: I felt incredibly geeky a couple months ago when two of the three webcomics I read both had strips on the same day about Gary Gygax.
I also find it rather interesting that all three of the webcomics I read drawn with stick figures =D

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon May 19, 2008 1:00 am UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Confession: I felt incredibly geeky a couple months ago when two of the three webcomics I read both had strips on the same day about Gary Gygax.
I also find it rather interesting that all three of the webcomics I read drawn with stick figures =D

xkcd, OOTS, and what else?

Confession: Fat Tony's new avatar keeps making me think he's a girl.
Last edited by Torvaun on Mon May 19, 2008 1:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Mon May 19, 2008 1:01 am UTC

Cyanide and Happiness: The polar opposite of xkcd.
Last edited by Fat Tony on Mon May 19, 2008 1:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Mon May 19, 2008 1:02 am UTC

A lot of my comics referenced Gygax. I mean a LOT.
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

pet

Postby pet » Mon May 19, 2008 1:35 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:That's right, you're a vile person completely undeserving of love and affection. And you're ugly.

Well, if it comes to that, I AM ugly.
"A picture of me?"

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon May 19, 2008 2:09 am UTC

pet wrote:
Torvaun wrote:That's right, you're a vile person completely undeserving of love and affection. And you're ugly.

Well, if it comes to that, I AM ugly.

Well, that backfired nicely. If I can find love, I'm sure you can find love. So, as soon as I find love, I'll let you know just how wrong you are.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon May 19, 2008 2:45 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:I went to the dentist recently. I never go, that was like the first time. The dentist was a complete jerk and kept on making cracks about how tall I was and stuff. Then he decided to give me a clean, and, quite obviously, there was no anaesthetic involved, so I can't blame it on that.

But while his hands and instruments were in my mouth I had the most intense feeling of fear ever. There was no pain, I think it was just being in a completely submissive position for an extended period of time with a person I completely didn't like. I truly haven't been more scared in my life, and I live near the bush and quite often get myself into dangerous situations on cliff faces and whatnot.

I think the submissiveness and invasiveness, combined, are what get most people...but it sucks if the dentist is a jerk too. My first one lied to me and treated me like I wasn't capable of handling what he was actually doing ("no, this isn't a drill for your teeth, it's a spoon, it just scoops out the sugar bugs!"). Granted, I was twelve, but the way he acted didn't help my loathing.

Confession: I spent more of my paycheck that I should have deposited. The downside to getting paid in cash.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Return to “General”