Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:04 am UTC

Kawa wrote:
wing wrote:
Kawa wrote:Confession/story time: Now I just got a call from A and am in tears. Not sobbing, just feeling things moisten and starting to sniffle. I feel the longing well up in my being. I feel his every joy and understand his every fear. I'm overwhelmed with the sheer power of the emotion I feel in his phone calls. I understand every little sigh and 'hmm' and whether they mean he's happy or sad or just drawing a blank. I am listening to our song over and over again and it's suddenly filled with every emotion I feel - all the joy and the longing and the hope. My usually multitasking mind now wants one thing: to be by his side, to be his, to feel his warmth, to feel his love.

Why the hell am I a thousand miles away? I feel so helpless.
...... What's your name? 'cuz my name starts with A, and I just made a phone call with that same effect to someone a couple thousand miles away.

He doesn't have Internet access right now (on vacation with family), so it can't be you. That, and you've stated before that you're 20 - the one that called me is 19.
I hate it when stuff like that happens. Seriously. Especially when it just so happens that I've laid out all my carefully thought out and overly romantic plans for this girl in posts here.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:00 am UTC

Confession 1: I can't tell if I'm depressed or emo anymore.

Confession 2: People are starting to piss me off, not like "I hate you all" piss me off, more a "stop talking, you're annoying" piss me off.
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:16 pm UTC

mrguy753 wrote:*jumps on the bandwagon and hugs himself*

Really, it's better today. But about a week ago, i was head over heels for this guy. I just let myself convince myself (grammar?) that they might be gay, then it gathers up like a snowball down a hill. Every sentence and action is parsed and analyzed for possible subtle hints at their gayness. But then, eventually i mentally (or physically) hit myself in the face and say "hey! stupid! they're straight! get over it!" and then it starts to get better.

I do this, but in a hetero-way. I think a guy might like me, and I look for every subtle hint that might confirm this. Then I find out otherwise. Both :oops: and :( .
~Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

BlueNowhere

Postby BlueNowhere » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Confession: I was passed on the RIGHT side by an angry driver in an Explorer on my way in to work this morning. Not only did he pass me on the RIGHT (which is perfectly legal), however I was in the right-most lane. The car passed me while we were next to an on-ramp and thus there was (not really) enough room to pass me.

Confession: Since my accident on the way to Austin last week I don't like driving anymore. I'd give it up completely if I could.
The Blue Nowhere

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:19 pm UTC

Confession: As I was reading the backlog of confessions, I really hoped wing and Kawa were each others significant other. That'd have been freaky/cool.

Confession: Despite my distaste for Internet relationships, I have a feeling it's the only way I'm ever going to get a guy, seeing as how I'm so... well, shy.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Alomax

Postby Alomax » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:05 pm UTC

Confesssion : I signed up for this board, just to post in this thread, that I enjoy this comic, and this forum, which I just discovered yesterday, far more than I think I should.

BlueNowhere

Postby BlueNowhere » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:07 pm UTC

Alomax wrote:Confesssion : I signed up for this board, just to post in this thread, that I enjoy this comic, and this forum, which I just discovered yesterday, far more than I think I should.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying this board, the comic or the community too much.

You cannot have too much of a good thing.

Welcome!
The Blue Nowhere

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:23 pm UTC

Alomax wrote:Confesssion : I signed up for this board, just to post in this thread, that I enjoy this comic, and this forum, which I just discovered yesterday, far more than I think I should.

Check out the introduction thread at the top of the General Forum.
Welcome to the fora.

BlueNowhere

Postby BlueNowhere » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:28 pm UTC

Confession: I should have stopped to talk to the cute girl working next door, but I didn't. I even had bits of conversation planned out in my head. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Confession: I don't know why I'm trying to talk up more girls when I've got a girl who's visiting me in a couple of weeks from 1,000 miles away.
The Blue Nowhere

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:19 pm UTC

Oooh, I have a few of these. *winces*

1. Biological father was an abusive drug addict/junkie. Left when I was about three, and then stalked my mum; mum and I lived in a state of desperate poverty.
2. Born with the umbilical cord wrapped four times around my neck.
3. 10+/- years of being bullied and constantly backstabbed caused me to develop a variety of self-hating headbugs, some of which I have yet to eradicate.
4. After that, was finally hospitalized and put on drugs for depression and "suicidal ideation". Was stalked while there by schizophrenic bipolar suicidal girl.
5. Attended a semester of a mean all-girls high school, where I was friendless, becoming lost in my own head, and was also the *only* support of a bipolar girl with a crush on me and would not stop following me - she literally drained me of my energy and sanity. Was asked to leave or be expelled when I finally did something crazy enough to be noticed.
6. Began homeschooling. Violets and roses! The blossoming of true mental health! Real friends on my level of intellectual ability! The end of my teenage angst! *Peace!* A halving of my medication! ... And then my adoptive father, the person I loved the most in this world, and who had a healthy diet and was the best person I even knew, died. The cardiologist was hysterically upset about it. No one could save him. He died frightened and in a great deal of pain.

And....
7. Have a secret weakness for cute things (kittens! anime! frilly pink dresses with white pinafores! baby animals of any kind! o, how they plague me!) and small children. Causes lots of indignant personal embarrassment.

Alomax

Postby Alomax » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:22 pm UTC

I don't actually know as much as I lead people to believe I do. I have far to much invested in my own sense of self-superiority.

chrispy1

Postby chrispy1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:33 pm UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:....

Hi functionally_stupid,

Wow. One of the things you'll figure out very quickly here is that:
A) this is one of the best group of people you're likely ever to meet, online or IRL.
B) We give hugs here - (cautiously goes to hug F.S.).
C) That's an incredible list of crap - I'm impressed that you are willing and able to talk about it so openly.

[feeling awkward, walks away quietly]

Chris
Narsil wrote:For the record, I am not:
b)obsessed with penii, I just have bad luck and they follow me everywh...

SpitValve wrote:And as for Optimus being influenced by Buddhism, I severly doubt it.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:51 pm UTC

chrispy1 wrote:
functionally_stupid wrote:....

Hi functionally_stupid,

Wow. One of the things you'll figure out very quickly here is that:
A) this is one of the best group of people you're likely ever to meet, online or IRL.
B) We give hugs here - (cautiously goes to hug F.S.).
C) That's an incredible list of crap - I'm impressed that you are willing and able to talk about it so openly.

[feeling awkward, walks away quietly]

Chris

Aww, thanks. *hugs back with mighty bear-trap arms of doom* It is a pretty incredible amount of shit, isn't it? I mean, I'm only seventeen. I've complained about the fact that my life would make a really bad Mary-Sue fic - as a writer, I am offended at the dumb storyline. It is totally unlikely that all of this would happen to the same person. If I tried to write a book like this, it would be a crap book. (snickers) Eh, well, if I gave up and succumbed to depression and all that jazz, I'd be letting "them" win! Whoever they are. XD Mostly, I am kept alive through sheer cussedness.

Cussedness! A useful trait.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:54 pm UTC

Wow, functionally_stupid. I'm really...um...awed. But yeah, don't worry, this seriously is one of the best groups of people I've ever met.

Your name makes it impossible for me to sound sincere! Dammit!

Kawa

Postby Kawa » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:56 pm UTC

Agreed on the "one of the best groups ever" bit. We do what we can to make you feel welcome and comforted. Welcome! *hugs*
Kawa likes these things:
Spanish Ninja Bodyguard
math, anime, more!
Origami, Florida
New York, and xkcd.

Xaith

Postby Xaith » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:57 pm UTC

Kawa wrote:Agreed on the "one of the best groups ever" bit. We do what we can to make you feel welcome and comforted. Welcome! *hugs*

Also agree'd. I was gonna put that in the Happyness topic, but figured that was a given.

mrguy753

Postby mrguy753 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:57 pm UTC

Hugs all around!

*hugs Kawa*
*hugs bbctol*
*hugs functionally_stupid*
*hugs chrispy1*
*hugs self*
*hugs everyone else*
I sing anyway.

chrispy1

Postby chrispy1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 pm UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:Cussedness! A useful trait.

Returns the hug from the arms of doom!!

I love that word - and I will use it tomorrow (where do I send the royalty cheques? :D)

(Not trying to one up - just saying I can relate...) When I was sixteen/seventeen (all this happened in a span of about 10 months):

My brother had an extremely rare and complicated tumour removed from his hypothalamus (part of the brain that controls slightly important things like breathing and heart rate). He was in Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto, and the two best neurosurgeons (who had the same name as my brother) were impressed he pulled through. YAH modern medicine. (My bro's fine now).
My mom's dad passed away. He was awesome.
My mom's best friend, who was also my brother's god mother, passed away.
My mom's sister's husband passed away.
My dad slipped into the throes of major depression.
I had to have surgery.

SpitValve wrote:And as for Optimus being influenced by Buddhism, I severly doubt it.

bbctol

Postby bbctol » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 pm UTC

Yay! Group hug!

The "hugs self" part was a little odd, though.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:04 am UTC

*is bombarded with hugs* Heh, you can just shorten my name to "stupid" if you're feeling affectionate.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:05 am UTC

These people are so good they even have a thread JUST FOR HUGS...

It's that awesome... :-D Especially when you need a hug.

NOTE: There is no sarcasm in this post, even though it sounds that way... It's not.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:12 am UTC

TigerX wrote:These people are so good they even have a thread JUST FOR HUGS...

It's that awesome... :-D Especially when you need a hug.

NOTE: There is no sarcasm in this post, even though it sounds that way... It's not.

My god. A thread for HUGS?! Yay! I love hugs! (that is totally another confession, by the way. But usually, around me, hugs tend to just sort of compound and tilt until you've got a cuddlepuddle - like, ten to twelve people draped all over each other and giggling on a couch intended for three people max.) Hugs. It's what I do. :D

bbctol

Postby bbctol » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:13 am UTC

See? These people are AWESOME.

Alomax

Postby Alomax » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:33 am UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:as a writer, I am offended at the dumb storyline. It is totally unlikely that all of this would happen to the same person. If I tried to write a book like this, it would be a crap book. (snickers)

I'm sorry, but this made me snicker, because it's probably true. I bet most of us, if we where books, would be heavily criticized and never make the top 100. :p
*HUG*

A hug thread, how come I didnt stumble across this gem so much sooner....

It's all kinds of good emo in here, not the creepy self involved kind.

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:34 am UTC

*pats bbctol* Yes, of course they are, silly! They like xkcd!

Edit: Yeah, Alomax - so true, innit? So true. Fiction is never this full of plot holes. ;p I figure that when things get really bad, it's good to be able to laugh about the absurdity of it all. Human life - only so many grains of sand on the beach of the Universe, but what a lot of complaining we do about that beach.

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:48 am UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:Heh, you can just shorten my name to "stupid" if you're feeling affectionate.

I'm more the type to use initials, but I've noticed that your name could also be shortened to fun. That's way better.
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:58 am UTC

functionally_stupid wrote:<snip>

Confession: I'm somewhat offended that you have a more demented and negative story than I do.

Confession: I'm not really offended.

Confession: I witnessed a REALLY BAD traffic accident today. I was sitting at a red, and a white station wagon blew through in the lane next to me, and hit a pickup truck. The pickup truck spun off and smashed into the cars waiting to turn left on one of the side streets, and the station wagon went airborne and landed across several cars in the dealership lot next to me, about 6 feet from a father and his 16 year old daughter who were shopping for her first car. My first reaction was "Oh me yarm Oh THAT WAS COOL! I NEED TO TAKE PICTURES!!!"

My, err, second reaction was "Oh yeah, I should call 911 and make sure nobody's dead."
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:25 am UTC

functionally_stupid wrote: But usually, around me, hugs tend to just sort of compound and tilt until you've got a cuddlepuddle - like, ten to twelve people draped all over each other and giggling on a couch intended for three people max.) Hugs. It's what I do. :D

Never heard cuddlepuddle before. We usually call it a dogpile, though a dogpile is probably more aggressive. My cousin once broke his arm in one. Anyway, as has been said before, come over to the hugs thread, if you've not done so already. We could always use some more arms.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

misskwiz

Postby misskwiz » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:10 am UTC

Confession: Sometimes I read threads backwards ):

(Dunno why that sounds like a bad thing to do)

Edit: Confession: I really just wanted to post in this thread.... which I might go on to read backwards.

Jauss

Postby Jauss » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:33 am UTC

*Also hugs functionally_stupid* Damn, that's a lot of suck.

It too had a much better time of it when I became a home/unschooler.

Confession: The awesomeness which is the fora keeps me from doing anything productive. Seriously. (It has taught me a lot about debating though and lots of other educational stuff. :)) I think I'm gonna have to start forcing myself to come on here after I'm productive because if I try to do it before there is no before because I'll be all *read read read reply read reply reply read* and then go "Aww shit, it's dark already, might as well keep reading the fora..." :?
"Four out of five dentists prefer asses to hearts." - The Mighty Thesaurus

chrispy1

Postby chrispy1 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:38 am UTC

Jauss wrote:Confession: The awesomeness which is the fora keeps me from doing anything productive. Seriously. (It has taught me a lot about debating though and lots of other educational stuff. :)) I think I'm gonna have to start forcing myself to come on here after I'm productive because if I try to do it before there is no before because I'll be all *read read read reply read reply reply read* and then go "Aww shit, it's dark already, might as well keep reading the fora..." :?

Ha ha - totally true - I was supposed to reimport 23,000 tickets into our database tonight, plus rewrite some 3000 lines of code. And what did I do? Imported 2 (yes, 2) tickets. And replied to a lot of threads. Too bad xkcd can't be part of my annual performance review :cry:

Mister_Penguin

Postby Mister_Penguin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:13 am UTC

Gah. I'm pretty bummed out this summer. I mean I'm working, and I'm okay with that, but it's kinda lonely. I have fun hanging out with my friends, but I feel like I'm missing something.

I keep worrying that I won't find someone. (Optimus, I'm 19 years old. WTF, I'm barely capable of living on my own. Finding someone?) I'm not too interested in the whole clicking the boy-girl lego thing(Well, I like the idea, it's just not the objective, and I don't know if I'm ready as a person for that.) , I just want an intelligent, caring relationship with a member of the opposite sex. Someone I can laugh and cry with. Cuddling would be nice, too. Someone I can talk to about things. Someone who I can have un-awkward silences with.

But then I worry that I have some bullshit hollywood/fairy tale ideal of the whole thing, but hell I don't know. I've never even been on a real date. I have some close, wonderful, kind female friends who are wonderful and kind, whom I hang out with, but I think we're just close friends.

I don't know. After spending a year in college, it seems hard to find that back in my small ass-town. Too much shitty high school baggage.
"Only on XKCD do we try to figure out which tessellating shape for burgers results in the least waste-meat." -aleflamedyud

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:43 am UTC

Confession:

I went to participate in the "What you love/want to change about yourself" thread, but I couldn't think of three things I love about myself.

I'm gonna have to work on that one.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:21 am UTC

Confession: My whole life just fell apart. Again.

That's what happens when goal #1 involves taking unrequited love by the horns and fixing it. You build your elaborate plans, psych yourself up, and then just as you're ready to make your move, she comes home at 2AM and starts telling you the intimate details of her date, inadvertantly, almpst cruelly if it were intentional, crushing everything you spent the last cycle doing. And then you sleep on it and start over in the morning trying to reuse any surviving infrastructure so that at some indeterminate point in the future you might actually be able to execute.

Confession: This happens almost every other freaking day. When I told her dating a coworker was a bad idea, it was as much for political reasons as it was because I knew this shit was going to happen to me.

Confession: I don't mind it as much as I used to. Periodic despair isn't really that bad.

Confession: I don't giveafuck if anybody cares, because it's 4:35AM, I'm sad, I'm pissed, and I'm tired. I want some god damned meat cake.

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:28 am UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:Confession:

I went to participate in the "What you love/want to change about yourself" thread, but I couldn't think of three things I love about myself.

I'm gonna have to work on that one.

I had the same trouble. I put "my typing speed" as one of them.

djn

Postby djn » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:03 am UTC

Mister_Penguin wrote:Gah. I'm pretty bummed out this summer. I mean I'm working, and I'm okay with that, but it's kinda lonely. I have fun hanging out with my friends, but I feel like I'm missing something.

I keep worrying that I won't find someone. (Optimus, I'm 19 years old. WTF, I'm barely capable of living on my own. Finding someone?) I'm not too interested in the whole clicking the boy-girl lego thing(Well, I like the idea, it's just not the objective, and I don't know if I'm ready as a person for that.) , I just want an intelligent, caring relationship with a member of the opposite sex. Someone I can laugh and cry with. Cuddling would be nice, too. Someone I can talk to about things. Someone who I can have un-awkward silences with.

But then I worry that I have some bullshit hollywood/fairy tale ideal of the whole thing, but hell I don't know. I've never even been on a real date. I have some close, wonderful, kind female friends who are wonderful and kind, whom I hang out with, but I think we're just close friends.

I don't know. After spending a year in college, it seems hard to find that back in my small ass-town. Too much shitty high school baggage.

That sounds too much like me. Still, it's ... a very peaceful problem to have. People walk around dating, complaining about girls/boys/breakups/freaky ex-es , and in the middle I'm stuck, wondering if it's worth it to try and join them. I can hardly imagine where I'd start.

haveblue

Postby haveblue » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:55 am UTC

Confession: I haven't done anything at work for about two weeks.

Confession: I'm still in love with my ex. It's frustrating.

Confession: I'm also secretly in love with the janitor at work. Though, more jokingly than with the ex.

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:00 pm UTC

Confession: I have a shitload of maths I should be eating through these holidays which are already half over, but I just can't get myself to do it. Worse thing is if I don't rawk the house in maths I won't get into uni. Teh sux? Yeah.

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 pm UTC

haveblue wrote:Confession: I'm still in love with my ex. It's frustrating.

I'm all over this one. :(
~Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

chrispy1

Postby chrispy1 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:45 pm UTC

I'm not in love with my ex, but I still occasionally hurt from how things happened between us. (first girlfriend, first sexual experience, I was completely head over heels for her, talked about a real future. I spent the night at her place after graduation. that night she broke up with me with the line "Well, you didn't actually think things would work out with us, did you?" (Kicked myself for not getting the f**k out right then). Next morning, she's in the shower, someone's pounding at the door. she gets out, hear her go to the door, it's the guy who I find out she's been cheating on me with. Tells him she'll meet him at the coffee place once she "gets rid of me" (I'm pretending to still be asleep).

All worked out for the best - next girlfriend became my wife. But the pain still surfaces once in a while, and I don't know what to do.

Return to “General”