Rickrolling incidents and YOU.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Quadropus

Re: Rickrolling incidents and YOU.

Postby Quadropus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 pm UTC

Chfan wrote:The trick to rick-rolling karaoke is to do it in a group of people you know will get it, and- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!- do the dance that he does at the beginning of the video before you begin singing.

We did this.

The story behind it; we were out at a bar where they do karaoke night, us in our drunken haze think that it is the best idea since sliced bread...
So after consulting the book of songs, that saucy little number pops up. Of course we had to do it "for the lulz".

We saw all of our friends cringing and generally giving disapproving looks. They all got it in the synth-drum intro bit.

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

tiramisuloverr

Postby tiramisuloverr » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:19 am UTC

Last edited by tiramisuloverr on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

TheGuyWithTheHat

Postby TheGuyWithTheHat » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:10 am UTC

tiramisuloverr wrote:I have never been rickrolled. I am quite proud of this.

You've NEVER been rickrolled at all??? Unless you've only just started using the internet, I find that hard to believe...
If English teachers teach English and Maths teachers teach Maths, then Head Teachers must teach...
Live in the UK? You must click here!

velocipirate wrote:but the question is, which cheese would a velociraptor choose?

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:46 pm UTC

I haven't either, actually- I always press the back button before the video starts. Thank god for slow computers.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

DerVorleser

Postby DerVorleser » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:35 pm UTC

This thread reminds me of another peculiar english class. We were all supposed to tell the class our 3 fav lyrics... as usual, I went last. (It seems I manage to get "found" last by all teachers when they pick on people; for the good or the bad) I started off w/ "This is the end, Beautiful friend"... another that I forgot and then ended it in "We're no strangers to looooove"... and was met w/ about 15/22 of the class joining in and my teacher rolling his eyes and sarcasticly clapping. :P (someone even did the dancing bartender)

Little non-sequitor in here: I wrote my last paper on Jim Morisson's use of male transexual prostitutes in his poetry as figureheads of the problematics of social conformity.
Image <3

Impulse97

Postby Impulse97 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:13 pm UTC

btw what is rickrolling?
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Dude, everyone likes girls. Have you seen girls? Girls are hot!

The preceding sentence was made with good faith and good humor...

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Impulse97 wrote:btw what is rickrolling?
JFGI.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm UTC

Here's a video that tells you all about it.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Clumpy

Re: I got Rickrolled yesterday.

Postby Clumpy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:13 pm UTC

MFHodge wrote:Surely this event does not justify an entire thread.

Seven pages later. . .

notzeb
Without Warning

Postby notzeb » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:30 pm UTC

You know, I went my entire life without being rickrolled, and then one day my roommate decides to open a random link on the internet. And sit through the entire song. And show it to me, because he thinks it's interesting.
Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­Zµ«VµjÕ­ZµkV­ZÕ«VµjÖ­Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­ZÕ«VµjÕ­ZµkV­ZÕ«VµjÖ­Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­ZÕ«VµjÕ­ZµkV­ZÕ«ZµjÖ­Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­ZÕ«VµjÕ­Z

Dargon Cophe

Postby Dargon Cophe » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:07 pm UTC

I thought it deserved an entire thread.

I love that song, though. We are familiar with relationships, You understand the guidelines, as do I.
Magnanimous wrote:
Dargon Cophe wrote:I am sick and tired of these motherfucking aliens on this motherfucking plain!
I love you.

Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:04 am UTC

Dargon Cophe wrote:I thought it deserved an entire thread.

I was just trying to point out that the thread has turned out to be far more fruitful and lengthy than originally anticipated :).

TheGuyWithTheHat

Postby TheGuyWithTheHat » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:06 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:
Here's a video that tells you all about it.

Here is a video that actually does explain it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT--CsBh5TM
If English teachers teach English and Maths teachers teach Maths, then Head Teachers must teach...
Live in the UK? You must click here!

velocipirate wrote:but the question is, which cheese would a velociraptor choose?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:31 pm UTC

Clumpy wrote:
Dargon Cophe wrote:I thought it deserved an entire thread.

I was just trying to point out that the thread has turned out to be far more fruitful and lengthy than originally anticipated :).
Bear in mind the original title. Not to mention that it's a combination of several different threads and still continues to get threads merged in to because people still make new Rickrolling threads.
(Protip: There's only been one worthy of discussion)

Chfan wrote:I haven't either, actually- I always press the back button before the video starts. Thank god for slow computers.
Well.. no, you have been. Granted, you manage to catch yourself every time, but that's like saying that you've never fallen off a cliff because you've always managed to spin around, grab the edge and pull yourself back up when you do. You're sorta correct from one standpoint, but from another you're just really good at stopping it before it starts to get ugly.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:45 pm UTC

Guys, I just got Rickrolled with this and I... I kinda liked it. Is this wrong?
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:52 pm UTC

Mashup =/= Rickroll. I mean, even if it was presented to you as Smells like Teen Spirit's video, it's still not proper because it doesn't actually switch over to the song.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:47 am UTC

I now perform almost two years of forum necromancy to bring you an impressive feat of Rickrolling - both major parties in Oregon's House of Representatives collaboratively inserted the lyrics of NGGYU into a number of bills, then produced a mash-up video which they released on April 1st.

Link to an article, including the video.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 pm UTC

I know the rickroll has been declared long dead and moribund, but I think we can safely say - this means it's been inserted into the furnace and is well on its way to being displayed on the Oregon legislators' collective mantel in a small Wedgwood vase.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:26 pm UTC

I saw that and I loved every minute of it. I actually came here to make sure the wonder that is being Rick-Rolled by Oregon legislators was shared with all.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:46 am UTC

I think "standard" rickrolling, where you raise someone's expectation of seeing/hearing something and then replacing it with NGGYU, is passé now, but I still find "creative" rickrolling like this to be amusing - not because of the song itself, but because of the creativity involved. I'd be just as impressed if they worked in the lyrics to Nik Kershaw's "The Riddle" or something by Nickelback. And I'd be really impressed if they did it with Nine Inch Nails' "Closer".
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

demon-llama

Postby demon-llama » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:01 am UTC

Legislators doing funny things on purpose? I'm amused. I think I'm gonna have to go check that out.

Related contribution: I was rickrolled by a World of Warcraft GM a few months ago in response to a petition.

Spoiler:
Game Master Kaeorra wrote:Salutations Salvor Hardin.

Though it is not my place to make your decision between following your governments orders and the latter, But i can say that the answer you seek can be found only inside yourself. You can only hold onto what is real, keep your belief systems close to you as your totem, when in level 2.
As for the free Lobotomy coupon you can redeem that with a man on the corner of 5th and David. His name is Mars, and he wears a top-hat.

I prefer pudding. just sayin..

And as for your keys? Thats easy, the answer is 42.

Just remember, if you ever need help, you can ask us.
because we are Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease

Game Master Kaeorra
Blizzard Entertainment

Return to “General”