Office Prank Help

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
iamfree
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Virginia

Office Prank Help

Postby iamfree » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:08 pm UTC

OK guys, I need some help. Last month we glued a quarter to the floor of the elevator in my office building. Now we need some more ideas for some crazy office pranks to keep these wacky biologists on their toes. Any ideas?

Edit: I saw the High School Prank thread... but those ideas would 1) get me fired and 2) stop my from entering here as a graduate student next year most likely. So the ideas should be limited to small annoyances that I most likely won't get fired for.
GACAACGCACGCAACGCGCCCCGGACCACCUAA

just let It happen

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:02 pm UTC

I always enjoy "Dry Paint" signs. Especially if you can see them from where you're sitting.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
segmentation fault
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:10 pm UTC
Location: Nu Jersey
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby segmentation fault » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:56 pm UTC

i like messing with the auto correct on a co-workers Outlook. words that are related to your job get turned into things like "technical thingamajig" or "fluffy bunny."
people are like LDL cholesterol for the internet


User avatar
Okita
Staying Alive
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:51 pm UTC
Location: Finance land.

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Okita » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:05 pm UTC

Permanent marker DNE somewhere?

Ooh this is a good one. You need to have a glass room conference room. (Ie. it's basically giant glass windows on the interior so you can see into the room while people are inside unless they have blinds). Anyway, you get giant pieces of cardboard and glue/tape lots of packing peanuts. Then you put them up against the window. Gives the impression the room is filled with packing peanuts without actually filling it with packing peanuts.

Bonus points if you have holes for faces to be "stuck" in the packing.
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

oblivimous
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:36 pm UTC
Location: Fremont, CA

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby oblivimous » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:21 am UTC

Go to coworkers computer. Windows only.
Use prntscrn to save a screenshot of their desktop.
Set that image as their new desktop background.
Set windows taskbar to autohide.
Move most of their desktop icons to a hidden folder. Of course they still appear on the desktop background.

That's all.

habnabit
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:29 am UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby habnabit » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:01 am UTC

I guess it depends on what kind of work your co-workers do. I pranked a fellow sysadmin by attaching this program to every terminal he spawned via the .bash_profile file. (The compiled version, of course.)

Code: Select all

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#define INTERVAL 2048

char clear[] = {0x1b, 0x5b, 0x48, 0x1b, 0x5b, 0x32, 0x4a};

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
        pid_t pid = fork();
        if (pid > 0) {
                return 0;
        }

        strcpy(argv[0], "/usr/sbin/hdik -n 8 --daemon");
        int selection = INTERVAL;
        while (1) {
                int duration = (random() % 400) + 1200;
                sleep(duration);
                selection = random() % selection;
                if (selection == 0) {
                        fprintf(stderr, clear);
                        selection = INTERVAL;
                }
        }
        return 0;
}

User avatar
taptap
I laughed so hard i fell out of my concubine
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:46 am UTC
Location: Hidin' from the Brain Fuckler
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby taptap » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:01 pm UTC

A generally annoying but funny thing you can do is unplug a hub in a general work area for a while and then when the user/users is complaining about "Oh me yarm I CAN'T SAVE MY FILES!" You plug it back in and go over and help. When it works perfectly for you, you just say "huh, you must not know what you're doing."

When you sit back down, unplug the hub again.

Davean wrote:Only the bots can see the entire forum the mods have dedicated to bashing taptap for asking questions with obvious answers. It should look good when his next interviewer Googles him before the interview.

|Erasmus|
Branson
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby |Erasmus| » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:08 pm UTC

Put their stapler in jelly.

User avatar
ishikiri
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:04 am UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby ishikiri » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:35 pm UTC

Swap the male and female toilet signs around. See if people still obey them or not.
clintonius wrote:The "thwak thwak thwak" in this movie makes me think they cranked up a powerpoint slideshow of angry pictures set to the soundtrack of a furious masturbator.

User avatar
Aperfectring
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:47 am UTC
Location: Oregon (happily)

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Aperfectring » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:25 am UTC

I personally like changing someone's path to a special "bin" directory which will randomly, about one in ten times, for every command in /bin or /usr/bin, fail out with "permission denied". It will take a while, but soon they will get really frustrated, and then you can lighten the mood by revealing your prank.

Generally, however, this only works if you will be around for a while, otherwise your special "bin" directory may be deleted when you leave.

Honestly, the more you know your co-workers, the better pranks you can come up with. Taylor your prank to the individual, that makes it all the better. Generic pranks are good for a quick laugh, a truly unique prank will keep you laughing for a lifetime.
Odds are I did well on my probability exam.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Maseiken » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:07 am UTC

ishikiri wrote:Swap the male and female toilet signs around. See if people still obey them or not.

That is an absurdly awesome idea.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
Rippy
Posts: 2101
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:27 pm UTC
Location: Ontario, Can o' Duh

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Rippy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:43 am UTC

Maseiken wrote:
ishikiri wrote:Swap the male and female toilet signs around. See if people still obey them or not.

That is an absurdly awesome idea.

Until the new guy needs to go to the bathroom.

User avatar
parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time
Posts: 5539
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 am UTC
Location: la-la land
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby parkaboy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:04 am UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:Put their stapler in jelly.



HEHEHEHEE!
Image

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Maseiken » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:30 am UTC

Rippy wrote:
Maseiken wrote:
ishikiri wrote:Swap the male and female toilet signs around. See if people still obey them or not.

That is an absurdly awesome idea.

Until the new guy needs to go to the bathroom.

That's when it transcends normal humour, and goes into the lofty realm of being FUNKING HILANGRIOUS (Not a typo)
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
uildaan
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:52 am UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby uildaan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:06 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:
Rippy wrote:
Maseiken wrote:
ishikiri wrote:Swap the male and female toilet signs around. See if people still obey them or not.

That is an absurdly awesome idea.

Until the new guy needs to go to the bathroom.

That's when it transcends normal humour, and goes into the lofty realm of being FUNKING HILANGRIOUS (Not a typo)


agreed, but sadly in todays world the pc brigade will also probably regard it as punishable by firing

User avatar
the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:46 am UTC
Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby the_bandersnatch » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:46 pm UTC

I pranked my colleague who sits opposite me by attaching a second keyboard surreptitiously to the back of his laptop dock. Whenever he turned away from his monitor to talk to someone I would hit Windows Key + L to lock his PC, or at random times when he was typing an email I'd hit caps lock, or show desktop etc. Everyone else was in on the joke, and fortunately managed to keep a straight face and had him convinced it was something he was doing to cause it. I kept it up for 2 whole weeks, when on a Friday afternoon I had the grand finale of his terminal session start addressing him by name and back chatting him :lol: It's now standard procedure in the office, whenever one's PC does something weird, to check the USB ports for extra keyboards or mice. My legacy is complete!
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni

|Erasmus|
Branson
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby |Erasmus| » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:01 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:
|Erasmus| wrote:Put their stapler in jelly.



HEHEHEHEE!


The british version of that show is weird, and some of the characters can get very grating. The american version they've tried too hard to make it more normal, which definitely loses something.

But staplers in jelly is awesome!

User avatar
Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 am UTC
Location: Albuquerque, NM.

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Mr. Beck » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:29 pm UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:
parkaboy wrote:
|Erasmus| wrote:Put their stapler in jelly.

HEHEHEHEE!

The british version of that show is weird, and some of the characters can get very grating. The american version they've tried too hard to make it more normal, which definitely loses something.

But staplers in jelly is awesome!

I very much enjoy the American version. Now, I lust have to decide who would take this in good humor...

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:59 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:22 pm UTC

the_bandersnatch wrote:I pranked my colleague who sits opposite me by attaching a second keyboard surreptitiously to the back of his laptop dock. Whenever he turned away from his monitor to talk to someone I would hit Windows Key + L to lock his PC, or at random times when he was typing an email I'd hit caps lock, or show desktop etc. Everyone else was in on the joke, and fortunately managed to keep a straight face and had him convinced it was something he was doing to cause it. I kept it up for 2 whole weeks, when on a Friday afternoon I had the grand finale of his terminal session start addressing him by name and back chatting him :lol: It's now standard procedure in the office, whenever one's PC does something weird, to check the USB ports for extra keyboards or mice. My legacy is complete!

I did that in school once, when someone was typing opposite me, I unplugged his mouse and put mine in. Then I started clicking at random. Fun was had by all, except him.

btilly
Posts: 1877
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:08 pm UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby btilly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:38 pm UTC

Don't we have another prank thread or two? We do and viewtopic.php?p=420601#p420601 is the prank I suggested in another one.
Some of us exist to find out what can and can't be done.

Others exist to hold the beer.

User avatar
Hammer
Because all of you look like nails.
Posts: 5491
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:32 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Hammer » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:03 pm UTC

btilly wrote:Don't we have another prank thread or two? We do and viewtopic.php?p=420601#p420601 is the prank I suggested in another one.

I just reviewed them. Most of them are the kind which would get him fired, which is specifically the type he is trying to avoid. This thread is fine.
"What's wrong with you mathematicians? Cake is never a problem."

User avatar
PatrickRsGhost
Posts: 2278
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:43 pm UTC
Location: ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:54 pm UTC

Hammer wrote:
btilly wrote:Don't we have another prank thread or two? We do and viewtopic.php?p=420601#p420601 is the prank I suggested in another one.

I just reviewed them. Most of them are the kind which would get him fired, which is specifically the type he is trying to avoid. This thread is fine.


Unlike the pranks mentioned in the other prank threads, you want to keep office pranks on the more tasteful side. Messing up someone's computer where it can be repaired just as quickly and easily as it was "broken" is tasteful; scattering their office supplies around on their desk and leaving a torn condom wrapper on the desk is not.

Another thing you can do in relation to the "frozen desktop" prank is go onto their computer, and go onto the Internet. Go to any website as long as it's not too risqué. A game website works best. Take a screen shot of that site and set it as their desktop background. Hide the icons and the taskbar on their active desktop. Enjoy watching them panic as they try to close it out. They will think their computer has froze up. That's when you step in and help set things right.

You can do the same thing by having a game of solitaire or free cell open. Make sure to turn off the timer and scoring.
PRG

An important message for you:

010000100110010100100000011100110
111010101110010011001010010000001
110100011011110010000001100101011
000010111010000100000011110010110
111101110101011100100010000001100
010011000010110001101101111011011
1000101110

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:59 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Andrew » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:53 pm UTC

taptap wrote:A generally annoying but funny thing you can do is unplug a hub in a general work area for a while and then when the user/users is complaining about "Oh me yarm I CAN'T SAVE MY FILES!" You plug it back in and go over and help. When it works perfectly for you, you just say "huh, you must not know what you're doing."

When you sit back down, unplug the hub again.

I discovered an alternative version of this prank when my brother bought me this for my birthday.

Great fun.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Maseiken » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:40 am UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:
parkaboy wrote:
|Erasmus| wrote:Put their stapler in jelly.



HEHEHEHEE!


The original version of that show is weird, and some of the characters can get very grating. The american version they've tried too hard to make it more normal, which definitely loses something.

But staplers in jelly is awesome!

Fix'd.
At least give them credit for having the idea first.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
RedWolf
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:19 pm UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby RedWolf » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:58 am UTC

oblivimous wrote:Go to coworkers computer. Windows only.
Use prntscrn to save a screenshot of their desktop.
Set that image as their new desktop background.
Set windows taskbar to autohide.
Move most of their desktop icons to a hidden folder. Of course they still appear on the desktop background.

That's all.

Or you can just Right-click -> Arrange Icons By -> Hide Desktop Icons. Easier to remedy later.

Then of course you could always set their homepage to that website that has like 100 alert boxes pop up when you visit it... don't know the url off hand right now.

User avatar
Silverfish
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:43 am UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Silverfish » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:04 am UTC

Andrew wrote:
the_bandersnatch wrote:I pranked my colleague who sits opposite me by attaching a second keyboard surreptitiously to the back of his laptop dock. Whenever he turned away from his monitor to talk to someone I would hit Windows Key + L to lock his PC, or at random times when he was typing an email I'd hit caps lock, or show desktop etc. Everyone else was in on the joke, and fortunately managed to keep a straight face and had him convinced it was something he was doing to cause it. I kept it up for 2 whole weeks, when on a Friday afternoon I had the grand finale of his terminal session start addressing him by name and back chatting him :lol: It's now standard procedure in the office, whenever one's PC does something weird, to check the USB ports for extra keyboards or mice. My legacy is complete!

I did that in school once, when someone was typing opposite me, I unplugged his mouse and put mine in. Then I started clicking at random. Fun was had by all, except him.


Even better than unplugging his and plugging your mouse in.. if your co-worker uses a wireless mouse you may be able to find one on the same wireless frequency, and thus get your mouse movements picked up on his receiver. I accidentally did that at work one time. If it had happened more recently I would have exploited the mistake for fun, but it was during my first week on the job and my mouse motions were getting picked up on my boss's computer. I quickly apologized and turned off my wireless mouse. :oops:

|Erasmus|
Branson
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby |Erasmus| » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:44 am UTC

Silverfish wrote:
Andrew wrote:
the_bandersnatch wrote:I pranked my colleague who sits opposite me by attaching a second keyboard surreptitiously to the back of his laptop dock. Whenever he turned away from his monitor to talk to someone I would hit Windows Key + L to lock his PC, or at random times when he was typing an email I'd hit caps lock, or show desktop etc. Everyone else was in on the joke, and fortunately managed to keep a straight face and had him convinced it was something he was doing to cause it. I kept it up for 2 whole weeks, when on a Friday afternoon I had the grand finale of his terminal session start addressing him by name and back chatting him :lol: It's now standard procedure in the office, whenever one's PC does something weird, to check the USB ports for extra keyboards or mice. My legacy is complete!

I did that in school once, when someone was typing opposite me, I unplugged his mouse and put mine in. Then I started clicking at random. Fun was had by all, except him.


Even better than unplugging his and plugging your mouse in.. if your co-worker uses a wireless mouse you may be able to find one on the same wireless frequency, and thus get your mouse movements picked up on his receiver. I accidentally did that at work one time. If it had happened more recently I would have exploited the mistake for fun, but it was during my first week on the job and my mouse motions were getting picked up on my boss's computer. I quickly apologized and turned off my wireless mouse. :oops:


Bluetooth mice are good for this... we installed my bluetooth mouse on both my and my friends computer, and hilarity ensues... you don't even have to do anything other than to just work normally, and your mouse movements will also move their cursor.

User avatar
evilbeanfiend
Posts: 2650
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:05 am UTC
Location: the old world

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby evilbeanfiend » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:04 am UTC

likewise if you have lots of desktops close together swap the monitor cables for two of them, if you are feeling really evil create a folder called porn filled with images (not porn ones obviously) and sloly move over the folder and open it while they are trying to work out what's happening.

the other mouse pranks i've seen:

1) remove the ball from the mouse (yawn we've all seen this)
2) replace the ball with a slightly smaller ball, it looks like its fine but won't work very well
3) cable tie the mouse cable to the desk in enough places that you have a bout 2 inches of mouse movement possible and must have 6' arms to use it (actually cable ties are good on anything that is expected to be moved)

on *nix terminals ctrl-s can be quite annoying and of course replacing various programs with other ones bonus points if you also cripple which so its hard to spot.

and there is the good old standard sys-admin prank of changing their password to something that insults them.

the best i've ever heard was someone who rewrote the keyboard driver to replace every 3rd 'q' with a 'w' ;)
in ur beanz makin u eveel

User avatar
ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 am UTC
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby ThorFluff » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:15 am UTC

The extra keyboard joke gets even more fun if you catch your coworker say, Chatting on IRC :twisted:
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.


krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

User avatar
Hammer
Because all of you look like nails.
Posts: 5491
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:32 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Hammer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:12 am UTC

Hide an integral part of the coffee maker somewhere in the office. Make a series of "treasure hunt" clues with the first one placed on the non-functional coffee maker.
"What's wrong with you mathematicians? Cake is never a problem."

User avatar
TomBot
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:17 am UTC
Location: Illinois (UIUC)
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby TomBot » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:16 am UTC

Put in someone's .bashrc:

Code: Select all

echo 'sleep 1' >> ~/.bashrc

User avatar
tryptanymph
More metal than thou
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm UTC
Location: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:07 pm UTC

Hmm... I've seen this one before somewhere, but you -could- change someone's keyboard drivers to a dvorak layout whilst they are using a qwerty keyboard, or vice versa, of course.

Or put this somewhere. Check out the action shots for ideas, and the story at the bottom. It cracked me up.

Another ThinkGeek product placement... The Phantom Keystroker!

A fully automatic second keyboard and mouse? Awesome.

I would recommend getting a black plastic case for it, to make it easier to hide though. Or try and make it wireless! :twisted:
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

User avatar
Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 12:06 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby Dobblesworth » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:55 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:Hmm... I've seen this one before somewhere, but you -could- change someone's keyboard drivers to a dvorak layout whilst they are using a qwerty keyboard, or vice versa, of course.

Grah, curse you! I was thinking that exact idea earlier and did intend to post it.

Oh well, here's another, that's a bit more elaborate/time-consuming:
- Go into your office toilets. Lock all cubicles from the inside, either from climbing over the dividers, using a short, thin person or with tools from the outside.
- Leave one free if you're humane enough
- Walk casually away
- Hyper-mode: Smuggle life-size skeletons/mannequins into the various cubicles, then pose them, e.g dress them in suits while they sit on the toilet with a newspaper, ready to greet security guards when they drill through the doors.

User avatar
tryptanymph
More metal than thou
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm UTC
Location: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:23 pm UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:Oh well, here's another, that's a bit more elaborate/time-consuming:
- Go into your office toilets. Lock all cubicles from the inside, either from climbing over the dividers, using a short, thin person or with tools from the outside.
- Leave one free if you're humane enough
- Walk casually away
- Hyper-mode: Smuggle life-size skeletons/mannequins into the various cubicles, then pose them, e.g dress them in suits while they sit on the toilet with a newspaper, ready to greet security guards when they drill through the doors.

Oh boy. We used to do this in school. Me and one or two other people knew the trick of locking them from the outside, so we did it to every cubicle in the school. Even the girls toilets. Trust me, it rocked. Watching people run from toilet to toilet in desperation.

They eventually just removed the ability to lock the door. :evil:

Here's another fun one... set up a wireless webcam somewhere that it can't be seen, and where they can't home in on it, watching them. Set it up as a live stream on the web, and then anon-mail a link to them. Watch them panic as they realise they are being watched. Put funny messages underneath it. Nothing too evil, or you might get fired. >.>;
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

User avatar
evilbeanfiend
Posts: 2650
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:05 am UTC
Location: the old world

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby evilbeanfiend » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:30 pm UTC

yes, the trouble with that is just taking a camera onto a lot of companies sites is verboten so it would be a firing offence anyway if you got caught.
in ur beanz makin u eveel

User avatar
tryptanymph
More metal than thou
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm UTC
Location: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:36 pm UTC

Good point. Check company/work policies on cameras before taking my advice.

DISCLAIMER: All advice given by sleepygamer should be used as your own risk. Sleepygamer holds no responsibility for any firings, injury or legal actions that occur due to taking sleepygamer's advice. All rights reserved, most lefts reserved. Offers not available to sleepygamer's employees. So basically, everyone gets the offers.
Last edited by Hammer on Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Small text
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

User avatar
shidobu
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:49 pm UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby shidobu » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:22 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:Here's another fun one... set up a wireless webcam somewhere that it can't be seen, and where they can't home in on it, watching them. Set it up as a live stream on the web, and then anon-mail a link to them. Watch them panic as they realize they are being watched. Put funny messages underneath it. Nothing too evil, or you might get fired. >.>;



I'm kind of curious how one puts up a webcam such that your target cannot home in on it. The best I can think of is to have a series of cameras with different vantage points on your target, and switch between them frequently so that they have to be VERY persistent to experimentally deduce the location of any individual camera. This doesn't really make the camera undetectable, though, and is much harder than a single camera setup. What am I missing?

User avatar
tryptanymph
More metal than thou
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm UTC
Location: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Contact:

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:47 pm UTC

I was thinking in a high corner maybe... somewhere where they can't actually look at the screen and camera together to see if they are looking at it.

Multi-cam seems the safest way though. I'm sure you could set up a randomised change script thing. So that it will flicker between cams every 30 seconds to 2 minutes, and it will randomise whichever cam it switches to.

Or am I overthinking this?
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

User avatar
wst
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:06 am UTC

Re: Office Prank Help

Postby wst » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:49 pm UTC

shidobu wrote:What am I missing?

This
They won't catch it.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests