Happy 4/20!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Freakish

Happy 4/20!

Postby Freakish » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:25 pm UTC

I'm not sure how many marijuana smokers we have on xkcd, but I wish all of you a happy 4/20.

This is my first 420 so I'm just going to chill around my house and smoke a few joints. I might go out for a walk later and see if I can find anyone to smoke with. It should be a pretty good day.
Freakish Inc. We completely understand the public’s concern about futuristic robots feeding on the human population

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:33 pm UTC

Happy birthday Hitler!

Bobber
contains Disodium Phosphate

Re: Happy 4/20!

Postby Bobber » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:55 pm UTC

I'm sure Adolf is about to light a wet joint and take a few puffs, then circle it 'round to Benito and Joseph.
I don't twist the truth, I just make it complex.
mrbaggins wrote:There are two tools in life, duct tape and WD40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.

Severus Severance

Postby Severus Severance » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:17 pm UTC

Oh yeah, me and the rest of Colorado totally party hard on the anniversary of Columbine. Kids getting pulled out of school by their parents in case of school shooting is so awesome, amirite? (Thank God it's a Sunday this year.)

wst

Postby wst » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:53 pm UTC

Bobber wrote:I'm sure Adolf is about to light a wet joint and take a few puffs, then circle it 'round to Benito and Joseph.

Hitler didn't like Communists.
That's why Mao gets nothing.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

rockintom99

Postby rockintom99 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:38 pm UTC

Man... I haven't smoked in 6 months. Not really a quitting thing, just never bothered to get any more bud.

Too lazy to get stoned? Pretty pathetic :D
THIS IS A SIGNATURE.

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:44 pm UTC

How was it your first 4/20? Are you less than a year old?
Yay stoner baby!

I had a pretty good 420. Busted out the steamroller for quite a few rounds in the early AM, then had what was left of my bowl before work at 5:30 pm. A few of us at work (restaurant) stepped out back when it got slow and passed a joint. It was a good relaxing day. :D
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

ekzrated

Postby ekzrated » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:04 pm UTC

I actually spent the day studying. Sad, too. I have two finals this week, and I didn't want to risk forgetting everything I'd read because I was too loaded to remember.

So I'll be celebrating this week instead!
I'M MY OWN CASE-STUDY!!!!!!

Herr Mors

Postby Herr Mors » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:16 pm UTC

I've never understood 4/20? Why is it get high day?

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

I totally forgot it was 4/20 until about 9:30 PM last night. Damn.
多么现在棕色母牛?

DaMullet

Postby DaMullet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:25 pm UTC

That is a question for the ages.

I, personally, don't get high, but I hang out with a few guys who do, at least one of whom did so the night before in preparation.
Will wrote:Andrew Jackson was all kinds of badass.

SecondTalon wrote:Out in the wasteland
Driving cars of rusted steel
oh, look. Burma Shave.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:HACKS ARE STING OUR SYLLES AND SING THEM TO TERRISTS!

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

From what I understand of stoner culture (which isn't much, as I never really got into it. Yay straight and narrow through high school :P) 4:20 was something created in california by a bunch of stoner friends, because that was when, aftershool, they could all meet and smoke up.

From there it expanded, and seems to have collected a mystique of it's own.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:47 pm UTC

Gharbad wrote:From what I understand of stoner culture (which isn't much, as I never really got into it. Yay straight and narrow through high school :P) 4:20 was something created in california by a bunch of stoner friends, because that was when, aftershool, they could all meet and smoke up.

From there it expanded, and seems to have collected a mystique of it's own.

This is the explanation I have seen.

I was raised LDS and didn't do a damn thing until I was almost 21 (I am approaching 23). The entire first year I was out I was a pothead, smoked almost every day. Last year was my first 420, I stayed at home and got trashed. Last summer I decided I didn't like what it was doing to me, so I stopped for 4 or 5 months. Now I will occasionally do it if I am drinking with some friends (crossfading ftw), but I make it a point to only do it if I have the next day off. Since I am at work today I didn't do anything yesterday. Besides, I do dinner with my parents, sisters, and brother-in-laws on sundays and they are all still quite Mormon. I don't think they would have appreciated me showing up stoned.

My roommate and some friends go to SF almost every year. They were there last year and they went again this year, but this year my roommate didn't smoke because he has bee off for a couple months and is looking for a job.
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:10 am UTC

I don't smoke, but 4/20 is a pretty huge event at my school.

About half the school's population turns out to smoke every year on the hill together in the center of campus...

Tachyon

Postby Tachyon » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:41 am UTC

I hate being stoned and I hate stoner culture.
The only reason why i NEVER smoke weed is because I dislike the feeling.
4/20 is dumb, and it happened to fall on Passover this year which was kind of awkward, but not really because I had my sader the 19th.
I DON'T WANT NO PART A YO TIGHT ASS COUNTRY CLUB YA FREAK BITCH
~Buster

Freakish

Postby Freakish » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:09 am UTC

Tachyon wrote:I hate being stoned and I hate stoner culture.
The only reason why i NEVER smoke weed is because I dislike the feeling.
4/20 is dumb, and it happened to fall on Passover this year which was kind of awkward, but not really because I had my sader the 19th.

I feel the hate.
Freakish Inc. We completely understand the public’s concern about futuristic robots feeding on the human population

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:13 am UTC

I've never bothered to celebrate 4/20 as an event until this one. A couple of my friends came over and made sure we were incredibly stoned prettymuch all day long. And actually all weekend. Since friday... And today someone else smoked me up... It is about time for me to sober up and go back to being an adult. Kinda.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:14 am UTC

My 4/20: Wake up, go to work, come home, try to get Xubuntu working, sleep.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:37 am UTC

it's called 420 because potsmokers are a code 420 in police code. cop pulls you over, you're smoking pot, he says "we got a 420 on such-and-such road". that kind of thing.

so, potheads, being potheads, decided that them getting pulled over is a great day for a holiday.
uhhhh fuck.

nsmjohn

Postby nsmjohn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:14 am UTC

Midnight wrote:it's called 420 because potsmokers are a code 420 in police code. cop pulls you over, you're smoking pot, he says "we got a 420 on such-and-such road". that kind of thing.

so, potheads, being potheads, decided that them getting pulled over is a great day for a holiday.

Um... actually, no. Snopes, wikipedia and many, many cannabis page disagree. The common consensus is that it was the approved meeting time of some smokers and it just spread by word of mouth. One thing that is for certain is that there is no police code 420 that relates to marijuana use in anyway whatsoever anywhere. If you have heard a cop saying this it is because stoners call it 420 and not because it is police code.
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.

Rat
Rattus Trolleri

Postby Rat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:15 am UTC

man i didnt do shit sunday..

just smoked weed...

it was really nice out though... first day of spring in my book.

Col. Mustard

Postby Col. Mustard » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:02 am UTC

I didn't see this until today, but I had a pretty good 4/20. My house is back in the woods, so my friends and I just hung out and got blazed with my homemade steamroller made from an old mailing tube(Example below). It was the first day in a long time I could just sit back and not worry about anything.

Spoiler:

wst

Postby wst » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:36 am UTC

I still have to wait until we have 20-month years before I do a 4/20. Silly mm/dd/yy :D
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Freakish

Postby Freakish » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:23 pm UTC

wst wrote:I still have to wait until we have 20-month years before I do a 4/20. Silly mm/dd/yy :D

Or give it 12 years.

Return to “General”