Choices - Auckland, NZ

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Kiirani

Choices - Auckland, NZ

Postby Kiirani » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:05 pm UTC

Dear xkcd, I am a student at the University of Auckland. I had an interesting afternoon today: I left my history class and walked down Symonds Street towards the lights, and my bus stop. Out of nowhere, somebody runs up, holds up his hand, and says "High five!". I look at him, bemused, and then high five him. As he ran off, I have a sneaky suspicion I also heard "xkcd!"... at which point I realised I was wearing my sudo shirt.

Anyway, considering the very... xkcdianity of this experience, and following the pattern of comics like the Choices series, and mostly because my friends on irc will probably kill me if I don't, I thought I'd post the following:

If I am remembering correctly and you read this, you know who you are. I don't. I'd like to, who are you? :)

----

Besides that, I'm feeling like making some friends in my area for a change, so I wonder if any other auckland uni students (or indeed, people in the general area) lurk the fora. Reply! Be friendly!

Er, yeah...

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Re: Choices - Auckland, NZ

Postby Toeofdoom » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:44 pm UTC

Wait, someone did that to me just on monday, at lunchtime but in melbourne. Except rather than hearing anything about xkcd as they passed it was a laugh as I was holding my lunch roll in the relevant hand and I'm sure I looked very confused because of that. I was wearing my Stand back! I'm going to try science! shirt, but I dont know if it was xkcd related.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"

Postby Verysillyman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:37 pm UTC

Clearly there is an xkcdian who is going on a high five rampage.

Kiirani

Postby Kiirani » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:05 pm UTC

Verysillyman wrote:Clearly there is an xkcdian who is going on a high five rampage.

This is exactly what my friend suggested to me when I first told him of the incident. I told him he was being silly, now I'm not so sure.

Lycur

Postby Lycur » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:48 pm UTC

I run into people walking down the street giving high fives at least once every few months, but I don't think it's xkcd related.

Return to “General”