Long hair in males as a cultural or political statement?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Re: Long hair in males as a cultural or political statement?

Postby aleflamedyud » Wed May 14, 2008 6:17 pm UTC

I don't think of long hair on men as a statement of any kind, though I do think that crew-cuts or shaved heads look hideous on white men. I've never understood why these non-soldier, non-cop white guys want everyone to see their scalp.

That said, I don't wear my hair long; I keep it in a layer cut. I wore it long once and it eventually grew into such a horrific Jewfro that I couldn't get a comb through it and I had little girly rivulets of hair falling in front of my eyes.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

ZLVT

Postby ZLVT » Thu May 15, 2008 8:53 am UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:That said, I don't wear my hair long; I keep it in a layer cut. I wore it long once and it eventually grew into such a horrific Jewfro that I couldn't get a comb through it and I had little girly rivulets of hair falling in front of my eyes.

[shudder]
22/♂/hetero/atheist/★☭/Image

Originator of the DIY ASL tags

Dr. Canadian Ninja

Postby Dr. Canadian Ninja » Thu May 15, 2008 12:52 pm UTC

TrinityJ wrote:I am not saying that long hair can't constitute as a statement, whether it a political or cultural one, but i am sick of people thinking as every act as a statement, as an act of taking sides or positions.

Very much agreed. I have long hair because about five years ago, I got lazy and stopped getting haircuts and decided I liked the look better, not because I wanted an end to big government.

My hair is more or less to my collar, and as far as care, the only thing that's changed is how long I have to wash it and the volume of shampoo necessary. If I try to use anything like conditioner, it makes me want to lop it all off. I know what the greasy combination of poor hygiene and long hair feels like, and I don't understand why I would willingly replicate the feeling by adding conditioner. Ironically, it seems that the more effort I put into taking care of my hair, the worse it ends up.
SecondTalon wrote:Know what I hate? The complete lack of electric bass guitar in Baroque stuff. I mean, come on!

Lanth

Postby Lanth » Thu May 15, 2008 8:05 pm UTC

I think I'm mostly growing my hair longer because I've never been allowed to. All through primary and secondary school, rules were in place to make sure boys hair lengths are kept decent (high school even more so; I've heard of one guy in a higher year who wasn't allowed to graduate because he'd shaved his head for the graduation ceremony). I've been growing it since my own graduation (start of December), and it's getting a decent length.

I s'pose it's like how I grew a beard after I finished school. Even though in the end I decided to keep on shaving, I needed to see what it was like before I made up my mind. It's the same with everything in life, like smoking, drugs, alcohol, clothing, every single experience; you need to see/feel what it's like before you make your decision on it. Hence, I'll keep growing it until it's at a good length, or I decide to go back.

Though if it gets too long (technically hitting the collar, though I think a lot of leeway is given), I have to wear a hairnet at work :(

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:02 am UTC

I have long hair for multiple reasons, but none of them have to do with flying a freak flag or liberalism (I'm about as devoted a conservative as there is). I like how long hair looks, feels, and smells.
Obviously I'm really into rock and glam metal and all that good stuff, and that has some influence on my hairstyle, but I've wanted to have long hair even longer than I've wanted to play guitar, and WAY before I was into rock.
When I was really little (three or four maybe?) I used to wish I was a girl because I really wanted to have long hair and I didn't think boys were allowed to have long hair.
I'm always sad and give women hard times when they cut their hair short, but I do the same thing to men. I don't have the least bit of an association between hair length and gender. Certain stylings can be particularly womanly, but it has nothing to do with the length.
Guys crap every day about my hair, but I don't really care; they're just ignorami who won't accept anything that's different than them (I go to prep school), but what annoys me is when women comment on it negatively. If they don't like it, that's one thing, but when someone I'm not even friends with starts a conversation with "Why don't you cut your hair?", it does bother me, the reason being that I'm insulted to belong to the same species as one who would think ANYTHING the least bit productive could POSSIBLY come out of her saying that. I mean, seriously, what is she expecting me to say? "You know, that's a pretty good idea; I never thought of that!"
Ah well. My friends like it, the ladies like it, and, most importantly, I like it.
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

TheMagicalTurtle

Postby TheMagicalTurtle » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:16 am UTC

MoonBuggy wrote:Appearance absolutely is a statement, although in my opinion it's as much (if not more) the subtle points that we really see the meaning in. That said, I think you're a few decades too late for long hair on men to be considered a statement of anything really; society as a whole is relaxed enough that choosing to deviate from the norm (admittedly as long as said deviation is within the socially accepted boundaries) tends to be more or less overlooked. It's stepping outside those boundaries that makes a point, and honestly I think that when any man from a politician to a hippy to a rock star can wear long hair without being questioned it means that it is very firmly within most people's limits and comfort zone.
Go apply for a job as a 16-18 year old male with long hair, then get back to me.

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:34 am UTC

I've never had trouble getting a job because of my hair length. Of course, I'm a 19 year old male now, so maybe I don't count, but the same was true when I was younger. I wear it in a ponytail while working, and nobody cares. Most of the time I let it down halfway through my shift, and still nobody cares. And I work at an upscale department store (stock, not sales, though I'm still out on the floor a lot) which if anything I imagine would have more conservative than average management.

Just for reference, the length of my hair:
Spoiler:
Photo 269.jpg
Photo 269.jpg (82.3 KiB) Viewed 2669 times

Kithplana

Postby Kithplana » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:29 am UTC

As far as I'm concerned, long hair in males is a sexy statement. If I see a guy with long hair I generally assume he just likes it long.

electronic mily

Postby electronic mily » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:26 am UTC

My dad has had long hair for as long as I can remember - and when I say long hair I really mean it, like middle-of-the-back long, probably nearly as long as mine. The thing is, I can't figure out why he does it. He keeps it in a tight braid at all times, so you can't even tell it's long from the front. When I was little he was always trying to keep my mom and me from cutting our hair, telling us that we were lucky we could do all kinds of girly stuff that he wasn't allowed to do with his hair (to be fair, he would indeed have looked a little silly with hair clips or those ponytail holders with the plastic beads), but I always wondered what his motivation was if he wasn't going to do anything interesting with it.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:45 pm UTC

I have long hair, currently around middle-of-back, and I plan to keep it growing. I don't view it as any kind of statement other than "I like my hair long"... I've wanted long hair for as long as I can remember, and it's only when I refused to get a haircut when I was fourteen or fifteen that I got to realise my, erm, dream? Ambition? Neither of these words seems appropriate, but they're the closest I can think of.

Maybe it started as being different, but over time I forgot about that so that by the time I started growing my hair, it was just because, well, because.

I usually wear it in a ponytail, sometimes letting it down (although it gets in my face on windy days). I've been told it looks good straightened, and it's been done for me a few times (mainly by girls in my year who want to see what it looks like), but I don't think I'd ever bother doing that on any regular basis. I may try braiding it at some point, it's long enough to do that with now.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Monty40xi

Postby Monty40xi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:35 pm UTC

All it says to me is "I never want a job that would make me wear a tie." Long-haired guys I work with usually fall into the category of technical people who know exactly what they're doing, so don't start crap over their appearance because sooner or later you WILL need their help to save your bacon.
Occam's Quandary: any idea can be made to sound like the simpler one.

KingLoser
Obnoxious Distraction

Postby KingLoser » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 pm UTC

Nice necro Cheese!

I haven't cut my hair since I was 16... that's nearly 8 years now. It's not a statement, except maybe "I don't like barbers, spending money, and I'm pretty lazy."
Add me on: Last.fm | Facebook | Flickr doodz.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt díog dúnta.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:03 pm UTC

The thread wasn't too old, and I found it while looking around for something else... and felt like stating my opinion on the matter, because I don't think I've done so in this thread yet.

Another reason I may have long hair is a possible hear of haircuts... I don't think it's a fear as such, I just really dislike sharp objects near my face (especially eyes), particularly when said sharp objects are being held by other people. Bleurgh.
Spoiler:

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 pm UTC

SomeoneElse wrote:I've had my hair long for quite a while. Largely because I didn't like hair dressers, and I just stopped going. This was when I was about 16 (I'm 21 now) and i've only had my hair slightly trimmed twice since.

So essentially, my hair is certainly not a political statement of any sorts, just simply a mixture of laziness and irrational fear of hairdressers.

this is pretty much my philosophy, although I don't yet have hair that I would call long, I don't like getting it cut, and now that I'm living on my own, I can choose not to get it cut.

so put me down for "not a statement, just the way I like it."
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Philwelch

Postby Philwelch » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:23 am UTC

So who else here likes having your lover caress your luxurious mane?
Fascism: If you're not with us you're against us.
Leftism: If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Perfection is an unattainable goal.

z4lis

Postby z4lis » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:53 am UTC

I suppose my hair is moderately long. Really, it's just shaggy and unkempt more than anything.

I'm not trying to make any statements about my political viewpoints or lifestyle other than I honestly don't care enough about my physical appearance to take the time to cut and style it. I'm not trying to impress anybody. However, despite what I think about my hair's ridiculous shagginess, I've had more than one girl compliment it... O_o
What they (mathematicians) define as interesting depends on their particular field of study; mathematical anaylsts find pain and extreme confusion interesting, whereas geometers are interested in beauty.

the_stabbage

Postby the_stabbage » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:37 am UTC

I like having long hair. It makes me look older. I mean, with short hair I look like I'm about 15, but with long hair people usually think I'm 18-19 which is about right.

Plus, it's metal. There's a certain length that feels right when I headbang, and I always want my hair to be at least that long.

Savara

Postby Savara » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:08 am UTC

tl;dr the rest of the thread.. basically I had long hair 'cos I'd always wanted to grow it (see Post Yo fehs), not because of any particular political leanings.. (I'm more in the centre/right than left wing!)
'Ridcully was to management what King Herod was to the Bethlehem Playgroup Association'

3fj

Postby 3fj » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:37 am UTC

Monty40xi wrote:All it says to me is "I never want a job that would make me wear a tie." Long-haired guys I work with usually fall into the category of technical people who know exactly what they're doing, so don't start crap over their appearance because sooner or later you WILL need their help to save your bacon.

I got a job as a paintball marshal/fixer/cleaner guy whilst my hair was a fair bit past my shoulders, and i've known a lot of people to get jobs in butchers and stuff like that. If your hard working and have references to prove it, they don't care about your haircut (short of "You're gonna need to tie that back").

I keep mine long because its more fun at a metal gig. And i look stupid with short hair.

The reactions i get in the adult world are far less negative than when you are in high school, obviously. People who have an issue with it tend to just steer clear and its a great topic of conversation whilst trying to chat someone up (not that you would start the conversation).
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:23 pm UTC

I have a "tie job" and long hair. That is all.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

telcontar42

Postby telcontar42 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:22 pm UTC

I just have long hair because I like it. I like the way it looks and feels. It's nice not to have to get hair cuts. That said, I do like most of the cultural or political associations people might have with long hair. I am politically very left and don't mind being associated with hippie culture. I also like metal, so it fits their too. Also, when I look around at the other students at my school, most look like copies of each other. I like having long hair and a full beard because its a little more distinctive than most people. It's not why I have long hair, but it's kind of nice.

Also, everyone needs to take a look at this website:
http://www.mlhh.org/
Hilarious.

Isaac Hill
Systems Analyst????

Postby Isaac Hill » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:18 pm UTC

I'm 30, and have had long(ish) hair since high school. It didn't seem to hurt me getting a real job (electrical engineer for the U.S. Navy), but one summer job at a Chuck 'E Cheese type place made me tie it in a ponytail and tuck it in my shirt. I don't think the manager would have hired me because of my hair, but I hapened to show up the day the owner of the chain was there. He was impressed with my 1 year as an EE major, figuring I'd be able to help fix the machines. There really wasn't any of that work for me to do, and the manager fired me after about a week.

Politically, I've gone from libertarian to liberal while my hair length has remained roughly the same.

I keep it long because I don't like going to the barber and, when I was a kid, my hair stuck up in the back. The extra weight keeps it flat. I like the way it looks long, but I can't really cite that as a reason for keeping it long. I haven't seen myself as an adult with short hair, so I can't compare.

Dr. Canadian Ninja - Are you by any chance the former keyboardist of Conneticut band Tubesteak, or is the name just a coincidence?
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:37 pm UTC

Monty40xi wrote:All it says to me is "I never want a job that would make me wear a tie."

...Not sure what you're trying to say here. Long-haired guys can wear ties just fun. Usually they'll have to tie it back to look good, but still.

Philwelch wrote:So who else here likes having your lover caress your luxurious mane?

She doesn't have to be my lover =D
But yeah, having attractive women play with my hair is pleasurable. Of course, I hate when people I'm not particularly fond of touch my hair, but other than that, it's all good.

Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:15 am UTC

I have hair that goes down to my ribs, and a beard that goes down to my chest. People usually don't notice the length of my hair, because 90% of the time I have it wrapped in a tight bun. I don't really keep my hair long as a social statement, at least I don't think I do. I don't like pride or vanity, and I like to avoid anything that causes me to adopt either of those traits. I don't cut my hair because I don't like the way my hair looks short, and I don't want to think about how my hair looks, whether I need to get it cut or styled, etc. I don't shave because I think that shaving my face looks unnatural. My face naturally has hair, and I feel weird when I try and fight nature every single day of my life by putting a blade to my face. It really just comes down to personal preference.

Because I have so much hair everywhere, people sometimes feel threatened by my appearance, as I'm also 6'3". It's a shame, because I like to consider myself to be gentle and non-threatening. Cashiers and security guards at stores look at me with suspicion, and mothers hold their children closer to them when I walk by (yes, this happens and it's super irritating). Oh and old people are scared of me because they think I'm a member of the Weather Underground. I don't want to give the impression that I pity myself, as I don't really-- I chose not to cut my hair or beard. But yeah, I can definitely notice a difference in how I'm viewed because so few people in my community have long hair, let alone a long beard.

I've never had a problem getting a job, however. Once people talk to me, their fears are generally allayed.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:27 am UTC

I do fit into a lot of the cultural steretypes associated with long hair, but none of the political ones. I hate being called a hippy because I'm about as opposite that as one can be.

Darkscull

Postby Darkscull » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:55 pm UTC

I thought I'd posted in here before, but apparently not...

I have long hair (to about the bottom of my shoulder blades) which I almost always wear tied back except when I'm headbanging (although it's too thick to get the right effect for that, unfortunately).

I fit pretty much all the cultural and political stereotypes of long haired men, but that's not why I have my hair long.

Similar to someone who posted earlier, I never liked getting my hair cut as a kid, and the thickness meant my hair stood up all over the place unless it was really really short or quite long compared to normal (ie, actually cut with scissors rather than the trimmer). I always tried to leave it as long as possible before getting my hair cut, and eventually I was too old to be forced into it by my mum, so I let it grow.
I have had it cut since then, and had it kept at certain lengths for a while sometimes, but now I'm just letting it grow and grow and grow until I decide it needs doing (hasn't happened yet after ~3 years).

The reason I have it long now is that I realised once I had it longer that I really liked the idea of it and the look of it (I looked stupid with short hair) and felt it was a good expression of my personality and lifestyle. When it's not tied back it's really annoying and gets in my face and stuff, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Physicists do it in an excited state.
m/bi/UK/Ⓐ/chaotic good
b. 1988 d. 20xx

Alias

Postby Alias » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:29 pm UTC

Reasons I have long hair:

• I look better with it. I really do.
  • I look different with it. I DO like attention i'm afraid. Not in a "look at me look at me" way, but I like to be remembered. When I was younger at parties and such it was always "the blonde guy, you know the one with the long hair who was with the tall guy". Not many people i know have long hair, even the girls now
  • It makes me look younger. As buying booze is no longer an issue to me anywhere in the world (just turned 21) its nice to look young. With short hair, clean shaven I can look anywhere up to 25 ish.
  • I may not be able to have long hair when I'm older - Job might require tidyness, might go bald - so i figure ill keep it long while i can
  • Girls like it - or more accuratley, the girls i like tend to like it. For some reason the "cooler" girls I've met or been with have cited my hair as one of the reasons. This is not A Bad Thing.
  • It fits my image. I'm oft seen in black, I have a few more peircings than is strictly nescecary, I am planning a Tattoo. I tend to listen to punk, metal, rock and emo (oh no he didn't!). I am well aware this doesn't make me unique, however i LIKE my look, i am confortable with it, and people generally get some kind of idea of what kind of music i like.

I dont think I have it as a concious political statement, although I am fairly hippy liberal. When i say fairly i mean... well very. However, coming from where I do (origionally peckham, south east london) i guess it is a bit of social statement. Nobody who lives near me (i now live in the east end, but it is a similar demographic) has long hair. I think i've seen about 5 people in the last year (excluding rock bars, clubs, gigs and festivals), and as i mentioned, its nice be kindof different.

So yeah, my reasons.

Also, woth a note; i look after it. I brush it once a day, wash and condition every 2-3. Its not hard, takes an extra 3 mins in the shower.
GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KingLoser
Obnoxious Distraction

Postby KingLoser » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:00 pm UTC

Alias wrote:Also, woth a note; i look after it. I brush it once a day, wash and condition every 2-3. Its not hard, takes an extra 3 mins in the shower.

This is where I suck.

I never ever let it down anymore, except when I'm washing it. Tis even tied up when I'm asleep. Generally matts up, and I have to spend an hour in pure agony brushing it out. Probably getting old. :lol:
Add me on: Last.fm | Facebook | Flickr doodz.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt díog dúnta.

Alias

Postby Alias » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm UTC

KingLoser wrote:
Alias wrote:Also, woth a note; i look after it. I brush it once a day, wash and condition every 2-3. Its not hard, takes an extra 3 mins in the shower.

This is where I suck.

I never ever let it down anymore, except when I'm washing it. Tis even tied up when I'm asleep. Generally matts up, and I have to spend an hour in pure agony brushing it out. Probably getting old. :lol:

aha. i found a trick to this.

[girlie advice]
sleep with it down, run your fingers through it just before you sleep, get out the big tangles
wash it in the morning, then condition. Wait for it to dry (say on the drive/train/bus to work/class)
brush it with a nice brush (one of those bristley ones, not the spiky spiky normal ones)
put up
sorted :)

only takes a little extra time and it prevents SO MUCH pain heh (my girl taught me this)

[/girlie advice]

so... meat, sport and guns hey? they rock **mans it up**

:p

edit: just saw this
TheMagicalTurtle wrote:
MoonBuggy wrote:Appearance absolutely is a statement, although in my opinion it's as much (if not more) the subtle points that we really see the meaning in. That said, I think you're a few decades too late for long hair on men to be considered a statement of anything really; society as a whole is relaxed enough that choosing to deviate from the norm (admittedly as long as said deviation is within the socially accepted boundaries) tends to be more or less overlooked. It's stepping outside those boundaries that makes a point, and honestly I think that when any man from a politician to a hippy to a rock star can wear long hair without being questioned it means that it is very firmly within most people's limits and comfort zone.
Go apply for a job as a 16-18 year old male with long hair, then get back to me.

i got my job FINE, and people for some reason assume i know what i'm talking about due to the hair. (i work in a computer shop). i got my job when i was 18
GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:56 pm UTC

Agreed. It's not the 50s anymore, long hair doesn't carry the same connotations of slacker/bum/hippy that it used to (at least, not to the same extent), especially not in professional situations.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Alias

Postby Alias » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:58 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:Agreed. It's not the 50s anymore, long hair doesn't carry the same connotations of slacker/bum/hippy that it used to (at least, not to the same extent), especially not in professional situations.

sometimes it even carries connotations of progressiveness :D

Awia

Postby Awia » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:14 pm UTC

I've posted here before, but one of the others reasons I have long hair is because I don't want to look like every other guy, with their short spiked up hair, what's the point in conformality eh? :)
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

Alias

Postby Alias » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:29 pm UTC

i said that :)

but its ok, because it is a valid point that bears repeating

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:46 pm UTC

By the way, I want to be different. Which is why I'm repeating what's been said twice before, of course.
Spoiler:

Awia

Postby Awia » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Don't you hate it when you walk past those identikit guys, with their spiky hair, and one of them shouts out "Get a hair cut!"? I can never think of anything to say after that, and it's really bloody annoys me.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:03 pm UTC

I've actually only had one bit of random abuse from a stranger, and that was a ned hanging out of their car window as I was walking to Tesco for chocolate. I've had the strange looks, though - but then, nearly everyone gets strange looks for some reason.
Spoiler:

Awia

Postby Awia » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:09 pm UTC

I get people rolling down their car windows to shout it at me...What are you doing differently?

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

I tend to like short or mid-length hair on guys. Not many guys I know who have long hair really pull it off, primarily because they don't know how to take care of it and it is generally always tangled, greasy, frizzy or not parted properly. Hair care isn't really that complicated... :|

Most I know who have long hair are either can't be bothered to cut it or don't know what to ask the hair stylist for in a haircut. Nothing wrong with long hair if it's a choice, there's lots of girls who like it. Some guys look great in long hair--but they usually know how to take care of it.

Mentioned on first page--covering bald spots with long hair? ALWAYS looks worse than just cutting the hair to a shorter length.

I wear my hair about chin length, I had it really long in highschool, but it's way too much day to day maintenance. I get graduated bobs...like flappers from the 20s--and it keeps my hair off my neck. :D
Rice Puddin.

Cheshire Smile

Postby Cheshire Smile » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

I absolutely adore men with long hair. It's my #1 biggest physical turn-on, and the first thing I'll notice in a guy. You can even take a guy who I wouldn't normally be physically attracted to, give him long hair, and suddenly he's a sex machine.

So far, the long haired men I've known have had long hair for one of two reasons:

1) They're into metal, and like to emulate their favorite musicians.

and/or

2) They've been told by a girl (or girls) that long hair is sexy.

Not really a political statement, per se... more of a "Fuck me!" and or "I'm a musician, fuck me!" sort of statement...
“Once upon a time, I was a girl. Now, I am the idea that once there was a girl that was me.”

20/F/Florida/Taken/Garth Nix/LONGHAIR!!!
[Age/sex/location/heart's status/favorite author/fetish]

Alias

Postby Alias » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:52 pm UTC

Awia wrote:Don't you hate it when you walk past those identikit guys, with their spiky hair, and one of them shouts out "Get a hair cut!"? I can never think of anything to say after that, and it's really bloody annoys me.

trust me, its much worse when they see you from behind, hit on you from across the road, realise their mistake and throw a glass bottle at your face.

i figured out what to do in that situation. broke my new combat boots in :)

**and im normally a peacenik**

Return to “General”