Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
gerb
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:34 am UTC
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Rant Thread

Postby gerb » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:25 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:Envious.


Sorry, after reading that my first thought was 'envious rant is envious'... Really sorry.


Rant: I know I live in your house still, but I've been really responsible at home without any of your stupid rules, so why give me an 11:00 bedtime and an 8:00 wake-up time? I can manage my own days. Ugh.
"In a world where derivatives change functions into other functions...one constant will stand alone....This summer, Leonhard Euler is...ex..."
-Sir_Elderberry

User avatar
Chai Kovsky
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:36 pm UTC
Location: Californication

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Chai Kovsky » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:27 pm UTC

He's right though: incorrect usage on my part by saying "jealous" instead of "envious."
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

MarshyMarsh
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:43 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby MarshyMarsh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:33 pm UTC

After workig during the days for 50 hours on the checkouts at tesco, I have come to the conlusion that

MOST OLD PEOPLE SUCK
(war stories are pretty cool)

After I have heard one heart attack/ hip replacement story I have heard them all. Do they not realise that the fact their grandchildren never visit is of NO CONCERN to me as I try to haggle their clubcard out of them, I mean ffs I they ruin my transaction averages and Thruput, do they not care my Line Manager will punish me with 1000 lashes (well or something similar). And they always have a huge sack of coins that they insist on counting out themselves, or they break an egg in an attempt to get a discount.

Christ Almighty I know what I am saying is really really bad, and I shouldn't even be thinking it but for christ's sake. They should be controlled. (Well they should be burned for fuel but the rules are I can't say that in this thread).
Last edited by MarshyMarsh on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pirate.Bondage
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm UTC
Location: On my pirate ship. Yarg.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 pm UTC

MarshyMarsh wrote:They should be controlled.

I like the first thing you said WAY better :P
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

MarshyMarsh
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:43 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby MarshyMarsh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:38 pm UTC

Well I made the mistake of posting before reading the rules, I agree the original was much more effective.

Glad I got that off my chest, I started mentioning it to a friend, they got angry, I never even got onto the alternative energy bit.

User avatar
gerb
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:34 am UTC
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Rant Thread

Postby gerb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 am UTC

Nononono.
Old people are the number one contributor to Soylent Green. We need them.
"In a world where derivatives change functions into other functions...one constant will stand alone....This summer, Leonhard Euler is...ex..."
-Sir_Elderberry

User avatar
Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 12:06 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Dobblesworth » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:01 am UTC

Eugh, I have just so honestly f***ed myself over.
For tomorrow lunchtime, I must complete an extensive structural engineering lab report - riveting isn't it? A few hours later this afternoon I will have a supervision/tutorial on fluid dynamics, an event which we are expected to have completed or fully attempted the relevant question paper for. Now, embarking on these tasks and pulling an all-nighter, I can do. Embarking on these tasks, pulling on the all-nighter, when inebriated... and tired... as I pulled another all-nighter last night doing a similar thing... yeh, it's canny difficult.
Engineers' black tie formal dinner with various tiers of wine consumption =/= Ideal circumstances for engineering calcs
Why I am so fluxing lazy?! I knew I had these deadlines, I've had 'em listed for weeks and have been attainable for half that time, and I've done sod-all. Why am I incapable of using weekends proactively instead of sleeping until halfway through the afternoon, and procrastinating for 3hrs beyond that. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGHHHHH I SUCK!

User avatar
InstinctSage
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:19 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Rant Thread

Postby InstinctSage » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:01 am UTC

Damn friggin' slow ass-computers.
I spent 2 hours on this guy's network problems because hhad installed 2 separate network drivers that conflicted, and for some unknown reason svchost.exe chugged 100% of the CPU power for a full 15 minutes every startup. I had to get into safe mode just to wipe out his network drivers, and windows couldn't seem to find a single one of the driver files because it was looking in a directory that does not and never did exist.

Then his DNS lookup failed repeatedly. Fixed now but... 2 hours! Bah!
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:36 am UTC

What kind of a professor assigns a paper due the day of the midterm?

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Briareos » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:04 am UTC

ParanoidAndroid wrote:What kind of a professor assigns a paper due the day of the midterm?

PROFESSOR SCIENCE!

More seriously, a bad professor. Or a professor that thinks the process of writing a paper will help you to gain a command of the material.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26516
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:38 am UTC

Jessica wrote:Everyone is allowed to rant here.
But, just because you're ranting doesn't make what you're saying sacred. I mean, I could write out a whole rant about how I can't stand all the black people in my neighbourhood taking my jobs, and people would get really pissed off at me. And that's their right.

In this instance, it sounded like the ranter was falling deeply into the "lets be friends" trap. So, ST called him on it.

Just because you're ranting, doesn't mean that what you're saying is right, or shouldn't be argued against.
I believe that's known as the "Say something stupid, expect to get called on it" clause.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
RetSpline
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 pm UTC
Location: Íæû

Re: Rant Thread

Postby RetSpline » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:51 am UTC

What the hell, why can't things just WORK?! 3 days until we leave for competition, we're missing more than half the team (who the hell scheduled 4 state-wide competitions on the same day!?) and we're JUST NOW starting to program the robots? Of fucking course I'm the only one left with any experience programming so I don't expect to sleep at all the night before, so that'll be fun. We'll have a sophomore who's barely learned anything since 6th grade and who is incapable of doing anything without constant supervision AND seems to like hitting me, a girl who's actually pretty cool but who simply doesn't know enough to be a major asset, and myself. Damnit, all our big players graduated last year or are doing other competitions.

And could we maybe get some recognition from the school? Our basketball team's doing pretty good, which is cool, I guess, but we were 5th in the WORLD last year. Granted, there's only about 80-90 teams or so worldwide, but still. And our trophies disappeared! The trophy case was cleared out for an art display, which is cool, but now the art AND the trophies are gone! One of those was almost as tall as me!

Fuck, for the only major extracurricular activity I participate in, this year really blows.

User avatar
novax6
Posts: 678
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:06 am UTC
Location: CA

Re: Rant Thread

Postby novax6 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:11 am UTC

I swear, there isn't another damn person under 40 and over 21 in this whole stupid zip code.

User avatar
aging.child
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread

Postby aging.child » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:26 am UTC

Grrrrrrrrr. First of all, computer room = my homework room. Homework time = all the time. And for some reason I can't concentrate if you're staring at me or snoring. This is why we made a computer room. So computer room =/= nap time room for you. You have a bedroom for that. So if you're going to be in here, snoring and/or staring, at least don't complain about how hot it is in here or how my fucking textbooks are all over the floor. If I can deal with it, so can you.

I don't care how cranky work makes you or how tired you are. I was fucking happy for the first time in about a month and you ruin it. I was all like "hey, yeah Obama made the world look a little better, and I just found some great music, and my homeworks even almost done before midnight, things might not suck so much." Then you come in complaining about how this is a computer room and my textbooks shouldn't be all over the floor and it's hot in here and no I can't read your paper to see if it's good and I can't believe all he cooked for dinner was pierogies. Hmm. Thanks.

Semi-related rant: I'm an adult now (almost). I can curse whenever I want. I don't do it to people I respect, but at the moment I'm in a constant state of frustration with the world, so it comes out. Deal.

I don't even care if I made sense right there. rrrrrrrrrrrrgh.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. --Douglas Adams

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6437
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Moo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:30 am UTC

Jessica wrote:Everyone is allowed to rant here.
But, just because you're ranting doesn't make what you're saying sacred. I mean, I could write out a whole rant about how I can't stand all the black people in my neighbourhood taking my jobs, and people would get really pissed off at me. And that's their right.

In this instance, it sounded like the ranter was falling deeply into the "lets be friends" trap. So, ST called him on it.

Just because you're ranting, doesn't mean that what you're saying is right, or shouldn't be argued against.
Moo wrote:I really do prefer it when the rant thread is somewhere where people can, forgive my triteness, rant. That means just blowing off steam without having to fully describe, annotate and evaluate the situation, or word it in such a way that everyone understands exactly what they mean. Because it's a rant, and you say enough to feel better, and I always thought of this place as a lot more about being cathartic than about it being anyone else's damn business*


* extreme situations like abusive language against minority groups aside, before anyone nitpicks.
Bolded my original post for relevance.

When someone mentions one fact about a situation we don't know anything about, jumping to conclusions hardly gives you the moral higher ground.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
Amarantha
Posts: 1638
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Amarantha » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:08 am UTC

Dear Procurement,
Get Bent.
Love, Amarantha.

Spoilered for bigness:
Spoiler:
So a couple of years ago I got jack of trying to admin a hundred thousand user objects via resource-hogging java-based utilities from a workstation with 1Gb RAM and a 17" monitor. Rather than just ask for a new computer for me, I wrote a business case for my team of four, and had our manager sign it. The powers that be said they approved, but when the machines arrived, they had 1Gb RAM, 17" monitors, but slightly better CPUs and hard drives. Fucking useless. My colleague went over to put the case to the Head of Procurement in person, and HoP had the gall to sit in front of her (HoP's) 21" monitor and tell my colleague all about how she (colleague) doesn't need a bigger monitor to do her job.

Shortly afterwards, my crappy spare/testing PC came up for replacement and by then 2Gb RAM had become standard. So I switched to that for my main machine and now use the 1Gb one for testing/learning/sharing-the-admin-utility-load. Until yesterday, when I was setting up a Xen VM to learn OES2 for my fucking job, and it came up saying it didn't have enough memory. Really? Because I only told 'em that like two fucking years ago. Now I have to jump through hoops to try and get more RAM. Fuck 'em. I spent today workin on my position analysis, because if I have to put up with this bullshit, I might as well be getting paid what I'm worth.
tl;dr - Work won't give me the RAM I need to do my damn job.

Also, fuck seborrhoeic dermatitis. Last few days I keep seeing cool folks with hot dreads, and they're making me jealous. I want my dreads back dammit! And that's just the most shallow, image-conscious reason to fuck seborrhoeic dermatitis. At least it makes a change from bitching about hair, skin, clothes and showers.

I was going to say "Fuck Melbourne weather". But then I remembered I just said that the other day in this thread. And then I thought, "No: FUCK Melbourne weather". Really. It bears repeating. *freezes in summer*
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

User avatar
Jahan
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:47 pm UTC
Location: Blackburn and/or Manchester, England.

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Jahan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:00 pm UTC

I spent 4 hours mostly wondering if my tutor was drunk or hungover and if what I'm doing is actually useful. I wanted to hit that prick who laughed and I am rarely that childish to act in such a way.

But at least the stuff with that girl is sorted.

User avatar
Decker
Posts: 2071
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:22 pm UTC
Location: Western N.Y.

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Decker » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:19 pm UTC

I've ranted about this before, but I am sick, sick, SICK of people who constantly print off thirty pages of stuff. A lot of time they're articles that they use one or two paragraphs out of. Or they'll print off the class PowerPoint presentations with one slide per page. And then people wonder why the staplers jam all the time.

It's so blatantly INEFFICIENT.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Osha
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:24 am UTC
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Osha » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:58 pm UTC

Decker wrote:I've ranted about this before, but I am sick, sick, SICK of people who constantly print off thirty pages of stuff. A lot of time they're articles that they use one or two paragraphs out of. Or they'll print off the class PowerPoint presentations with one slide per page. And then people wonder why the staplers jam all the time.

It's so blatantly INEFFICIENT.
Along this line of thought, whenever someone prints off a web-page with a banner ad at the top in color a little part of me dies inside.

User avatar
Decker
Posts: 2071
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:22 pm UTC
Location: Western N.Y.

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Decker » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:03 pm UTC

I'm just saying if people actually THOUGHT about what they were printing, we could likely cut the university's paper and toner usage in half.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

MarshyMarsh
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:43 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby MarshyMarsh » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:23 pm UTC

If God had any love for the world he would destroy Powerpoint.

If one more young and hip teacher thinks it will be a fun idea to do our work in a PowerPoint presentation (because animations make you a friggin computer genius), I swear to god I will staple their face to the table.

It started with geography teachers when they made the switch from 'leaflets' to 'presentations', it slowly spread through the subjects, humanities fell first, then religious and social studies, then technology studies, then biology and chemistry. Physics didn't stand a chance, a Powerpoint on leptons (you can make an electron fly across the screen, you sir are a God). The only subject that stays sacred is maths, but what if I am asked to do a presentation of Pascals triangle. Please, Bill Gates just delete powerpoint. Its fine for office use, but in schools it is rendering a gneration of kids useles.

In jobs in the future, under IT skills they will write "MySpace CSS scripting and Powerpoint". That also pisses me off, kids thinking writing CSS script for MySpace makes em a web page designer.

User avatar
Alpha Omicron
Posts: 2765
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Alpha Omicron » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:38 pm UTC

SmartBoards are cool for math stuff sometimes. Geometer's Sketchpad and so forth. That's kind of like an interactive Power Point type thing.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

User avatar
Wolf
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Orange County (sadly), California, US

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Wolf » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 pm UTC

Dear Vista. . .

FUCK YOU.

I'm breaking up with you. Seriously. I mean, you had one task, to download and image, and then to let my close Firefox and open a fresh (read non 45-tabbed) instance of the program to submit my paper. Instead, you couldn't load the securities dialogue to let my force Firefox to close after it froze. Again. Despite my 4 GIGS of RAM (only 3.25 due to a 32-bit OS, but still). You wouldn't let me just restart and submit my saved paper, would you? YOU GOT A OS-LEVEL ERROR INSTEAD. So after about 25 minutes of frantic restarts and finally being able to recover you with the Vista CD, I finally get back in, but due to a lacking-in-updates webpage I couldn't get in my paper to TurnItIn.com in time. I uploaded the other digital copy I needed, printed it all out, and ran to class. To which I was late. BECAUSE OF YOU.

I'm leaving you for the Windows 7 Beta. And I'm never using my very powerful gaming computer to write a paper again. Because apparently it can't handle closing a program.

EDIT: Or I won't. Because apparently downloads of that stopped like two weeks ago. And I can't just load Ubuntu on the damn thing because my university doesn't support it. Joy.
There's a method to my madness. Somewhere. Don't worry, I'll find it!

I'm learning game design! Watch my progress here: http://www.humming-rain.com

My friend wrote:You played fast and loose with punctuation and suffered the consequences.

User avatar
Gears
Bulletproof
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 am UTC
Location: Japan

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Gears » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 pm UTC

I hate required reading! I do not want to read about some chick flick! I don't really give a shit about love triangles or, how this lady decided buying new clothes was more important than buying food and her kids hated her!

Also: Yes i'm from Montana. No we don't still kill indians here. Stop asking if we do!!
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

User avatar
Quixotess
No. Cookies.
Posts: 3243
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 7:26 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Quixotess » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:52 pm UTC

Dear roommates and suitemates,

We have a communication problem.

The way I see it, when one of us does something bad or wrong, that's the fault of the roommate who did it, but if we know someone did something wrong and we don't tell her about it, then the continued fuck ups are our fault too. I know I'm not the best roommate. Maybe I'm not even a good roommate. I screw up a lot. I know this. I'm working through a lot of my own issues. I don't know some things people are supposed to know. I had to be told not to pour bakon grease down the sink. Like who doesn't know that? But how many times did that happen? Once. It happened one time, because I did it, Kaelene told me never to do it again, and I never did it again.

I know that doesn't erase the fact that Kaelene had to deal with my mess, and I'm still sorry that you had to clean up after me, Kaelene. Maybe I still owe you flowers, or a scalp massage, or something. How can I make it up to you? Tell me! I can work with whatever you want. But the problem is solved now because you told me about it, and then I met you the rest of the way by knocking it off. Pads stinking up the bathroom? You told me about it, it stopped. Food garbage in the bedroom garbage? You told me about it, it stopped. Hair in the drain? We told each other about it, it stopped.

But that just doesn't happen a lot of the time. You know, I don't know about all the times I've fucked up that no one's told me about, so I can't give an example for me. I don't know! But when we say "hey, if you see Kylie washing something, wash it again," what good does that do? She's still washing dishes wrong! We're wasting time and effort and water and soap! People are upset with Kylie and it's our fault too because she can't do anything about it. She doesn't know! What good does that do? You know, Kylie and KJ have problems with each other, obviously, and who hears about it? Me and Kaelene and Mia. You know, am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious when Kylie walks into our room to rant about KJ, leaves, and like immediately KJ walks into our room to rant about Kylie? You two know Kae and Mia are showing you both equal sympathy, right? What good does that do? What good does it do not to tell the person who's bothering you?

Which is why I asked you what I asked you about your boyfriend, Mia. Because it's better to ask. I honestly didn't think it would be a big deal. Now that I've had some time to think about it, I think I should amend my request, I think you got this mental picture of me skulking in the room all day while he sat exiled in the living room, I can see that's not reasonable. I still don't want him alone in the room with me while I sleep. I need a few minutes to get dressed. But I don't have a problem with it being me who leaves once I get up. Look, you're probably still not okay. We can work with that. I have the guest policies here to take a look at if you want. We can work on this.

But when we were pissed at each other, you know, I went home, which I'd already been planning on but I thought gave Mia and I a weekend to cool down and I thought we were cooling down from one problem. So I come back on Monday and we spend the whole time not talking and when I finally ask you something just a basic roommate communication "are you done with the bathroom," I mean, obviously you were still really angry. You said "I want you to move out," which made no sense to me because as far as I can see we have one problem that we can work through, and then you said "I'm going to say some shit to you that no one else has the balls to say" and at first I spent time freaking out about it because, oh god, what have I done this time? What on earth have I fucked up so badly that you want me out?

But you know what? Whatever I've done, I'm sorry it's caused trouble for whoever it's caused trouble, I want to stop doing it, I want to fix it, but I'm not going to spend time worrying about what I might have done that all of you won't tell me. I'm not going to do that to myself anymore. I'm not going to second-guess myself anymore. I'm done with that.

So what is it? What have I done? Am I not helping out with chores enough? Does my laundry hamper need to go back on top of my wardrobe? Does the way I eat bother you? Why? Is it because of the smell? Is it because of the noise? Is it because of the mess? Do you need some time by yourself in the room sometimes? Does my bed still smell? Whatever it is, I can work with it! Please tell me! I can take it!

But to say "I want you to move out" isn't gonna work for me. Last week you were someone who joked around with my sister and gave me advice on my cooking. I still like you. I was mad and told myself for a bit that you were a bad person and I hated you, but that's not true, I think you're cool. I only have this one problem, which doesn't change that.

So. We have a communication problem. Can we talk about it before anyone decides to move out?

Yours,
Quixotess
Last edited by Quixotess on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:13 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Jessica » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 pm UTC

What the fuck?
Why would you text me?
I don't really want to know that you now have a girlfriend. I don't care that you found the love of your life just a week and a half after we dated once. Stop sending me texts telling me how happy you are with this person and how everything is awesome, and how you're doing everything that you hated in me.

Fucking crazy...

I'm retarded.
Last edited by Jessica on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
gerb
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:34 am UTC
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Rant Thread

Postby gerb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:26 pm UTC

All the word filtering is making me angry.
"In a world where derivatives change functions into other functions...one constant will stand alone....This summer, Leonhard Euler is...ex..."
-Sir_Elderberry

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Rant Thread

Postby rrwoods » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:31 pm UTC

gerb wrote:All the word filtering is making me angry.

Yes. I agree. Especially "science". What the fuck?

EDIT: And hell, I didn't even know about "filtering" until I quoted you. "Word-Filter." "Word-Filtering." "Filter." "Filtering." *sigh* What if I want to talk about coffee filters?
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
gerb
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:34 am UTC
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Rant Thread

Postby gerb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:36 pm UTC

rrwoods wrote:
gerb wrote:All the word filtering is making me angry.

Yes. I agree. Especially "mysticism". What the fuck?

EDIT: And hell, I didn't even know about "awesomification" until I quoted you. "Word-awesomification." "Word-awesomification." "awesomification." "awesomification." *sigh* What if I want to talk about coffee awesomification?


Mysticism, you say? What'd they do to mysticism?

Edit: I see. they changed 'science' to 'mysticism'.
Hum.
lol = lol
cheese = cheese
Obama = Obama
happy = happy
filter = filter
science = science
Google = Google
hate = hate
relationship = relationship

Any more that I'm missing?
Last edited by gerb on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.
"In a world where derivatives change functions into other functions...one constant will stand alone....This summer, Leonhard Euler is...ex..."
-Sir_Elderberry

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Briareos » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:53 pm UTC

All the word filtering is making me SO MOTHEREFFIN HAPPY.

Edit: oh, right. I should have expected that would happen. *leaves it as is*
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

User avatar
gerb
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:34 am UTC
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Rant Thread

Postby gerb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:08 pm UTC

Ah, but that goes in the happy thread, doesn't it?
"In a world where derivatives change functions into other functions...one constant will stand alone....This summer, Leonhard Euler is...ex..."
-Sir_Elderberry

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Briareos » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 pm UTC

I was just offering my thoughts on the filtering -- everyone else has been. I'll go stand in the corner now.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Rant Thread

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:15 pm UTC

@Quixotess: I've been bitten way too many times in the ass by the chronic passive-aggressiveness problem with college students as well. If it's got your roommate in a tizzy, she should know better than to let it fester without addressing the problem with the person she's having a problem with. It's like, do they not realize that bitching to everyone but the person in question isn't going to magically solve everything? It's definitely not your fault.
*hugs*


My rant:
Good fucking holy GOD, woman. You see this guy in person only twice a year. You know he's dated and had sex with other women during the very time period when the two of you were apparently constantly professing your undying love for each other. Hell, YOU'VE dated other people in the same time period. You now know that he had been sleeping with - as in, having sex with but also sleeping in bed with at night - the same woman for the last SIX MONTHS. Plus, he was, and is still, LIVING with her!

Do you not understand that whenever you were breathing "I love you my precious gem" at him, he was probably in his room, sitting on the same sheets he'd fucked another woman on that morning, staring at the abandoned pair of panties he'd ripped off her during the same encounter?

From what I've seen and observed, you're in a snit with him half the time you're talking, sniping at him over random shit until you turn around and "hope that he's faithful."

Do you not understand that when you were IM'ing him and probably getting in a snit at him again over something random, there was probably another woman cuddled up to him at the same time and kissing him every once in a while?

On top of that, he is NOT going to provide you with your dream of raising your future children in a fundamentalist Christian household because he is now agnostic. Hell, YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT. He's not faithful. He probably lies to you as much as he's lied to me. You really don't know him at all. What THE HELL do I have to do to him to make you stop stringing him along with your freaking high school romance? Fuck him on-camera and send you the video?
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
Pirate.Bondage
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm UTC
Location: On my pirate ship. Yarg.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:33 pm UTC

I'm tired of life.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

User avatar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks
Posts: 8314
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:17 pm UTC
Location: I FUCKING MOVED TO THE WOODS

Re: Rant Thread

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:01 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote: What THE HELL do I have to do to him to make you stop stringing him along with your freaking high school romance? Fuck him on-camera and send you the video?

I understand that this is still your problem because you're living with him and all, but man. Either fuck him on video and send it to her, or move out. You are going to drive yourself insane. They're human, they're going to fuck up and fight and have issues and like, a relationship. With each other. One in which they will no doubt have trust issues or whatever issues. These issues? Totally not your problem. Because you're not in their relationship. I'm not going to pretend for a second it doesn't suck completely to be in your position. But to get out of that position, I am still going to say move out. He's not worth going crazy over!
/mild rant
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

User avatar
novax6
Posts: 678
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:06 am UTC
Location: CA

Re: Rant Thread

Postby novax6 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:31 pm UTC

@ Quixotess
That sounds extremely familiar. Moving in with good friends can either be great, or just a huge communication breakdown clusterfuck. The passive-aggressive stuff they do is the worst and it only makes everyone more and more pissed off at each other until everyone moves out and and you remain good friends with two of them but never speak to or hear from the third again because you found out he was a thieving asshole who couldn't just tell people when he had a problem with them. What was I saying....?
Oh yeah, I hope it works out for you, really. :?

User avatar
Chai Kovsky
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:36 pm UTC
Location: Californication

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Chai Kovsky » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:42 pm UTC

Okay, screw all of this bastardy awfulness. I just want the freaking yuckifications to stop messing with the English language. They're like a spray bottle on a dog: it teaches the dog not to do something. Unless you're trying to get rid of any discussion in L S R and take away the raison d'etre of half the fricking board with the mysticism yuckification, it is not an effective use of spray bottle technique. It is, of course, possible that I'm missing something that's going on in the boards, because this many yuckifications read like Mod Madness Part II, but it's more than a bit tiresome. I know it's asking for it to be irritated with the mods, but I feel like my ability to talk on the boards has been compromised.

*Sigh* I'm probably out of the look on a joke or something. Fuck it.
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

User avatar
Pirate.Bondage
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm UTC
Location: On my pirate ship. Yarg.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:43 pm UTC

Chai Kovsky wrote:Okay, screw all of this bastardy awfulness.

Agreed. This day has sucked since I got home.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26516
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:44 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Jessica » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 pm UTC

XKCD mods: Proving to the world why word filters suck.

---

I want to say that because, I don't mind them when done sparingly. the lol is great. qft is also good. and I understand these are just mods out for lulz, but still. They're damn annoying.

I even commented that they're terrible as punishment tools... but that doesn't mean they'll stop...
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests