Blistering blue barnacles

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ajbleck

Re: Rant Thread

Postby ajbleck » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:03 pm UTC

f the battle.net for starcraft i just played a game with my friends and it was laggy as hell, and we tried to play another and nobody could join anybody's game (we all tried to make it.) I think the next time i try to play we will have to do it over lan
"Android Hell is a real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance." GLaDOS
ImageImage

CueBall

Postby CueBall » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:32 pm UTC

FUCK
YOU.
Spoiler:
Zohar wrote:Cueball is being generally hilarious today.
Sungura wrote:Cueball, I...I...
<3
Box Boy wrote:Now let us wait for the outcome of CueBall's fight to the death!

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:27 pm UTC

Spoiler:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I honestly didnt know that it was possible to actually hate someone this fucking much! the mention of you fucking name brings out the rage in me. You stepping into this apartment makes me fucking sick. I. HATE. YOU. fuck you all that your are, even though that isnt much. i mean honestly, you are jobless, living off of daddys money while you fail classes and parade around town with you fucking pathetic excuse of a human boyfriend because he is all you have in the world because you push everyone away from you with your bitchy, twofaced ways. while a god portion of me hates you to bits, there is a small piece of me that is truely happy for you. you are getting what you deserve. and to be honest... i am sure that i could make it all the worse for you, but unlike you i am a civilized person, i respect my elders, and i talk like i have some brains about me. you on the other hand can eat a fucking dick. ugh! they say that the true opposite of liking someone is to be indifferent to their exsistance but im not thru hating you... this isnt over. this wont be over until you are gone. damnit <insert: i was gonna say woman but you dont deserve it you immature sorry little girl> i just want to hit you in the face. i have done it before and i would do it again but i dont particularly like that side of me and dont care to ever do that again. though, i like how you are scared of me now, wont show up here alone, locking youself in your room like im gonna come hunt you down or something, honey child, let me tell you something, if i wanted to come hunt you down i would have already done it. i know where you are staying, i walk right past it and your car every morning on the the way to work... thats right, i work, i pay my bills, im a grown up. more than you can say for damn sure. and if i really wanted to fuck you over i would have called the cops by now about all of the stuff that you gathered up that night that wasnt yours and have locked in you fucking room. theft, yeah... real cute. fucking bitch.
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:54 pm UTC

ajbleck wrote:f the battle.net for starcraft i just played a game with my friends and it was laggy as hell, and we tried to play another and nobody could join anybody's game (we all tried to make it.) I think the next time i try to play we will have to do it over lan

Hamachi

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:08 am UTC

ARGH Looped knitting, you make me fail. An hour to finish four rows? Fuck.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:19 am UTC

Cherry Kiss, whatever that was, I'm sorry you have to go through that crap.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:23 pm UTC

Chfan wrote:Cherry Kiss, whatever that was, I'm sorry you have to go through that crap.

but yeah... in a nutshell: dramadramadrama
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:00 pm UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:
Spoiler:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh neat, all those letters are the same width
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:36 pm UTC

Hearing about some of the software developers my wife works with really pisses me off, especially because I applied for one of those positions. Sure, I didn't have much experience, but I had just as much education as most other programmers coming out of college.

Reasons I get pissed:
1. There's at least one programmer that apparently doesn't understand why it's bad to hard-code things. At least once a week I hear about something else that doesn't work because he's hard-coded something. I just don't get it. It's like programming 101. You can't predict what may or may not ever change, so never assume something isn't going to.
2. There's a number of programmers that apparently love to make the assumption, "oh, it's just a minor change it shouldn't break anything." Only after the code's been deployed IT FUCKING BREAKS SOMETHING. I just don't understand why they would ever make a change (no matter how minor) without at least some amount of testing. It truly baffles me. (well, I realize people are lazy, but for fuck's sake).
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:14 pm UTC

Sigh...

I'm getting tired of this. You're my best friend. Sometimes, you're the only human interaction that I get in a day.

You're also one of the most inconsiderate, rude, ignorant people I've met.

You can hold illogical grudges for crazy amounts of time. You have almost no concern for my emotions or my well-being. Whenever I try to have a serious conversation, you blow me off. You get pissed off whenever I try to call you out on anything that you do. You always manage to sound like a spoiled brat. You can't just end every conversation with:

My friend wrote:okayi'mleavingnowkthnksbai

*immediate hang up*

I don't want to deal with your garbage any longer. It happens every single day. I'm getting tired of it! I'm sick of your raving! I'm sick of your stupid obsession to that fictional character and that horrible tripe that dares to call itself a book series! I'm sick of you and your family and even your subconscious messing up my sexual orientation in your heads and teasing me about it.

I'M FUCKING SICK OF YOU!

...You may now return to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:59 pm UTC

I hate workshops. Not only do 90% of the writers suck, any negative comments have to be in the form of polite, constructive criticism. Usually, I just let the rage build inside (like a normal person) but [rage]seriously? First, your female narrator pretty much says (again and again and again) that "being a girl" means letting men dominate your relationships. OK, maybe the character just isn't very progressive. Then the strong female character is criticized for not "being a girl." OK, the same narrator said it, so same explanation as before. Then the strong female character is raped, with the context essentially implying she was punished for being a strong female...WTF? And then she's totally shattered by it, but after like two weeks her PTSD just floats away and she's better for the experience? Nobody's perfect, and when you write stories, you're bound to accidentally offend someone once in a while, but Jesus Fucking Christ, this is a fiction workshop, not a chauvinist propaganda workshop![/rage]

Less egregious but more pervasive: Grammar. It isn't that hard. I understand the occasional slip-up; I make them too. But I shouldn't have to be telling fellow college students that it should be "I don't understand grammar," she said. not "I don't understand grammar." she said. or "I don't understand grammar." She said.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 pm UTC

smw543 wrote:Less egregious but more pervasive: Grammar. It isn't that hard. I understand the occasional slip-up; I make them too. But I shouldn't have to be telling fellow college students that it should be "I don't understand grammar," she said. not "I don't understand grammar." she said. or "I don't understand grammar." She said.

This convention of the English language is quite unintuitive. I have to look it up whenever I use that construction and care enough to make sure I get it right... So yeah, in that case, it is that hard.

...you can interpret that as a rant against grammar nazis, I guess.
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

Kyberely

Postby Kyberely » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:06 pm UTC

WTF
who starts an MSN conversation with someone they hardly know by saying
WHEN YOU LETTIN ME HIT THAT?

I told you last time I don't want to sex with you. Can you get that into your thick obnoxious head?
Faye Whitaker wrote:His first thought would be "BJORN WANT HOT PEASANT GIRL"and his second thought would be "AUGH PEASANT GIRL ANALLY VIOLATING BJORN WITH BJORN'S OWN BATTLEAXE"

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:09 pm UTC

More importantly: who actually uses "hit that" except in a sardonic way?
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:54 am UTC

NecklaceOfShadow wrote:Sigh...

I'm getting tired of this. You're my best friend. Sometimes, you're the only human interaction that I get in a day.

You're also one of the most inconsiderate, rude, ignorant people I've met.

You can hold illogical grudges for crazy amounts of time. You have almost no concern for my emotions or my well-being. Whenever I try to have a serious conversation, you blow me off. You get pissed off whenever I try to call you out on anything that you do. You always manage to sound like a spoiled brat. You can't just end every conversation with:

My friend wrote:okayi'mleavingnowkthnksbai

*immediate hang up*

I don't want to deal with your garbage any longer. It happens every single day. I'm getting tired of it! I'm sick of your raving! I'm sick of your stupid obsession to that fictional character and that horrible tripe that dares to call itself a book series! I'm sick of you and your family and even your subconscious messing up my sexual orientation in your heads and teasing me about it.

I'M FUCKING SICK OF YOU!

...You may now return to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.

Do... Do we have the same best friend?

Chai Kovsky wrote:Thatguy, you are my Big Damn Hero!
Thank you! You win the day!

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:15 am UTC

thatguy wrote:Do... Do we have the same best friend?

Umm...

Not unless your best friend happens to live on the Eastern Seaboard.
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:21 am UTC

They must be twins separated at birth then, because that was eery.

Chai Kovsky wrote:Thatguy, you are my Big Damn Hero!
Thank you! You win the day!

mobikwa

Postby mobikwa » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:22 pm UTC

GOD DAMMIT!!!

I spend 45 minutes typing and retyping an email to a girl on match.com trying to sound like someone who knows how to put words together to make a coherent sentence. And when I finally get done and am happy with the result I hit send, its working, the computer is thinking, ok good, I go to the gym. I get back to a white screen, IT TIMED OUT. I hit back and my email is gone. FUCK! Now I am trying to retype what I lost and I cannot remember what I wrote, its looks like shit now. I fucking hate my computer.

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 pm UTC

Typing something and then losing it is such a BIG FUCKING UGLY motivation killer for me that it isn't even funny. I feel with you.
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

mobikwa

Postby mobikwa » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:26 pm UTC

luketheduke wrote:Typing something and then losing it is such a BIG FUCKING UGLY motivation killer for me that it isn't even funny. I feel with you.

Like always, you learn your lesson after its too late. From now on, instead of writing my emails in their little website boxes I'm typing them in gmail or MSoffice and then copying them over when Im done. Maybe firefox has an addon that will save forms, off to search now!

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:29 pm UTC

[Win]+[R] notepad [Enter]

:D
I will survive

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:18 am UTC

While not particularly angry, here is some definite rantage I've been needing to exhale.

Fetuses are freaky looking. Do people know that when they stick pictures of them all over their pro-life crap? I don't get it really, I mean that does not look like something I want growing inside me. They're just plain unsettling to look at, even when you don't take into account how it's not really possible to take pictures of that sort while the thing is alive and inside of a woman.

Also unpleasant to look at: blocky square cars. "The Cube", I want to hit you with a golf club.

When did e-mail get to be such a headache? I signed up for all this crap. Mostly, it was out of guilt. Then what do I do? I go home for the summer so I can't actually go to these events or participate in these clubs that I feel obligated to stay connected with for no tangible reason. Not helping things is the schools e-mail system which makes me sign in three times before I can see the 200 unread e-mails that have piled up, and only lets me see 10 at a time instead of the simpler one we used to have because people don't know better than to give their passwords out to any old e-mail that asks for it. Such is my understand at any rate.

Worse than e-mail is facebook. It is pure, uninterrupted, viral kipple. I have never been "friends" with so many people, and I can contact none of them. No one seems to hate it for the right reasons either. There has never been so much interconnectivity. And yet there is zero dialogue. Every aspect of the site is transient and vapid, not to mention counter intuitive and difficult to use. The lay-out was never good, so don't pretend like they ruined it.

Nerds, geeks, obsessive internet cultures, please understand everything is not for you. I can understand the nit-picking, and the insane attention to detail, but stop acting personally offended with your medium of choice doesn't immediately cater to your every inane whim. You are not the golden standard by which t.v. shows judge themselves. Artists should make things they want to. Collectively, what you are doing is discouraging innovative ventures and creative risk taking. That is how things worth liking are made in the first place.

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am UTC

Exams?
Blech.
Family?
Blarg.
Friends with their insane distracting lives?
GRARGH!

Annoying onomatopoeic representations of sounds that can only be made in life and not in text?
Mm-hmn.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:26 am UTC

Original post in "High and low points of your day", but I deleted it and moved it here to keep the thread clean:

GoodRudeFun wrote:Low: Really didn't do much of the things I really really need to do, and found out I need to get a release form for any respectable orthodontist to work on my braces. Seriously, I've had them on since 8th grade, I'm 19 now! I just want these fuckers off!

This is why I hate the dentists. Most people assume that it's just something I had as a kid that I never got rid of but no, after having a majour operation on my mouth, having two teeth removed with out-of-date anesthetic (the dentist assured me it still worked. It didn't) and a botched set of braces put in (same dentist as before, about a week later. He no longer has a dentistry license and can never work for the NHS again), two more teeth removed (this time with working anesthetic, but it still was horrible), braces to correct the damage done by the first set, braces to do what the first set was supposed to do do in the first fucking place, two more teeth removed and a set of braces so that my pretty-good-to-start-with bottom jaw matches up and is in line with my top jaw, I think I have a pretty damn good reason to not get my cavities checked up on, thank you very much >:[
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:02 pm UTC

Fuck you. Stop going back and forth and being all non-deciding. Don't take away what I've been looking forward to for months, and don't act like it's not a big deal. And I can't tell you how much I want to go and how much I love her because you won't believe me because you're narrowminded and stupid. Fuck. My head and heart hurts. :(
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Fledermen64

Postby Fledermen64 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:47 pm UTC

FUCK!!!! It apperes the Vram on my laptops video card has fried. Though the top is 2-3 years old the only official quote for a replacement i can find is $610. Which is a problem because at the moment I have no dollars. Im going to try re-seating it and if that dosent work trying to "reflow" it but still shit. My bday is coming up but I dont get near enuff cash for a new comp and either way I wanted to get money for a trip out to Colorado. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK.
"I just want to say before I do this that I have no idea what I'm doing and I love you all very dearly. Ok lets light this bitch and hope for the best"
-Myself before a homemade 4th of July fireworks extravaganza

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:57 am UTC

The last weekend has been very restless. I had stuff to do all over, a lot of it not very fun. And this week isn't going to be much better, I think. I have to look for a new place, I have to make do without a working fridge at my current apartment (and I worry I might get too crazy with ordering in etc.), I want to still fit in some yoga and sports and I need to find time to do my Japanese homework.

It's just very busy. And I feel the pressure. It's nothing too bad, but I'm not looking forward to this.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

smw543

Postby smw543 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:04 am UTC

Zohar wrote:The last weekend has been very restless. I had stuff to do all over, a lot of it not very fun. And this week isn't going to be much better, I think. I have to look for a new place, I have to make do without a working fridge at my current apartment (and I worry I might get too crazy with ordering in etc.), I want to still fit in some yoga and sports and I need to find time to do my Japanese homework.

It's just very busy. And I feel the pressure. It's nothing too bad, but I'm not looking forward to this.
THIS RANT ISN'T ANGRY ENOUGH! RAWR!!![/rant] :D
Spoiler:
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:07 am UTC

I know it's not angry enough. I'm more frustrated and weary than upset. But I figured it was good enough for this thread and there wasn't a need to start a new "Frustrated thread".

Not how I say my name

smw543

Postby smw543 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:27 am UTC

Zohar wrote:I know it's not angry enough. I'm more frustrated and weary than upset. But I figured it was good enough for this thread and there wasn't a need to start a new "Frustrated thread".
Oh, I can't stay mad at you.

Unrelated rant: Answer your phone! I shouldn't have to walk all the way to your apartment if I need to talk to you. Why bother paying for a plan if you leave the phone off all the time?
Spoiler:

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:38 am UTC

Why, Can't. I. Learn. A. Lesson. SOMEWHERE IN THE FIRST HUNDRED TIMES IT HAPPENS!

No, I have to convince myself that it will work out this next time, really.

Fuck me. For someone who's supposed to be so smart, I'm a serious idiot. Human brains are giant, sucky pieces of ass that have their own wills, damn them to the million hells that have been prophesied by now.

/self-compassion. This girl needs to learn it.
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 am UTC

poxic wrote:Why, Can't. I. Learn. A. Lesson. SOMEWHERE IN THE FIRST HUNDRED TIMES IT HAPPENS!

No, I have to convince myself that it will work out this next time, really.

Fuck me. For someone who's supposed to be so smart, I'm a serious idiot. Human brains are giant, sucky pieces of ass that have their own wills, damn them to the million hells that have been prophesied by now.

/self-compassion. This girl needs to learn it.

A herd of ponies, running free, that's what this post is!
(Also, there's a great play that begins with the line, "Damn your eyes to fourteen kinds of hell, why is the curtain up?!"* So yeah. I'm sentencing my brain to fourteen kinds of hell, for rebelling against me and somehow still managing to think it's acting rationally.)

*It's called A Company of Wayward Saints and it's very very good if you like Commedia dell'Arte and innuendo.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Walter.Horvath

Postby Walter.Horvath » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:07 am UTC

Sometimes I feel insecure about other peoples' entire personalities and how they relate to me, which makes me feel stupid, and then insecure again.

No, you don't have to move you and your only son, who happens to be my friend, 2000 miles just because you're a drunken, chain-smoking bitch. I just hope that he runs away and lives alone (after buying a Kindle, of course)-- It would be better than being brought up by you. Nobody could find themselves with as many opportunities as you, just to drink 8 beers a day, and smoke the rest of the time while the money and jobs fall by the wayside. Maybe this would make sense at 20, while you're alone, but you have responsibilities, and it takes your children's friends to tell you about it? Fuck off.

Reasoning will never make sense to you. I swear, other than the above example, you drink much more than anyone else I've ever known, yet we're related. I don't really care about your false promises and shit, you can go ahead and live the rest of your life alone. Forget shit, let other people steal my shit, go ahead, let my mentally unstable brother go without medication, but I won't forgive you once you get past your father, father. Fuck You.

North Korea- Thanks for restarting the Korean War, you complete motherfucking dumbshits. If you want to be blown off the face of the planet because of your incompetency, you can ask politely. Fuck you.

Antimony-120
Location: Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat.

Postby Antimony-120 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:36 am UTC

Fuck Phillips screwheads. Seriously, the most idiotic idea I've heard of that is widely promoted by otherwise intelligent people. Fuck, the strip in a moment, and it's not like they're cheaper than Roberts. Fuck Americans and their stupid standards.
Wolydarg wrote:That was like a roller coaster of mathematical reasoning. Problems! Solutions! More problems!

****************Signature Dehosted, New Signature Under Construction************************

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:42 am UTC

I actually prefer Philips to Robertson. With a Philips you can use the same screw for many different types and it slides in the head much more easily (unlike a Robertson that might need some wiggling to place it properly). Anything is better than a flat drive, though.

Today I Learned: It's called a "drive".

Not how I say my name

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:15 am UTC

A flat head would be decent except for most of them going all the way out the sides, so you can't keep the damn bit in there.

Phillips does piss the hell out of me. They strip easily, and then that's it. The screw's fucked, the bit's fucked, and you're not moving it until you get a new bit.

And so many standards are a bitch like this, where some transient need appears, slaps you with its junk, then walks away, and you have to suffer through it for eternity.

Here's a little list:
QWERTY
Phillips screws
The Linux directory tree
Microsoft buying out OEMs and taking a huge shit on mindshare by bundling their software with hardware
MTP. There was nothing wrong with USB Mass Storage. There is EVERYTHING wrong with MTP, and my MP3/WMV player only uses MTP.
WMV. Actually, all closed video standards.
Flash Video. Deserves a second one.
YouTube, because it uses Flash, because it uses Flash Video, and because it does not, to my knowledge, allow any video downloading.
KDE 4 Plasmoids. I tried to make one once, and I felt like strangling someone. Like a core KDE developer. Plasmoids should be EASY to make.
Tabs vs. spaces. This is where a standard SHOULD exist, but doesn't. Spaces are entirely the wrong solution for indentation.
Flash. Fuck it.
Cell phones and their bizarre closed standards and lack of usability. My phone has a camera, a microphone, and a speaker, yet I can't really "use" any of them due to software lock-out. I can even record and playback sounds, in a taunting mockery of real functionality. "Ha, you can record this, but not transfer it anywhere! :P" Fuck you, Motorola. And Nextel, I guess. Whoever made the software and decided that I didn't need the chance to have it improved, ever.
MP3. Ugh.
Lossless MP3. Ew.
GNOME and its inability to line up icons.

.. That's all for now.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:47 am UTC

This is the state of my room right now:
Spoiler:
Room 1.JPG
Yes, the black spot is covering something I'm embarrassed about. No, I will not tell you what it is.
Room 1.JPG (63.74 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
Room 2.JPG
Room 2.JPG (51.76 KiB) Viewed 3531 times
Room 3.JPG
Room 3.JPG (70.99 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
Room 4.JPG
Room 4.JPG (57.1 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
... I guess that this is my rant.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:54 am UTC

See, my books are all neatly arranged on a bookshelf, because I never, ever read.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:00 am UTC

Mine is marginally better than yours.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:23 pm UTC

The only reason my room's not tlike that t the moment is because I've only just moved in. My room before was on a par with that.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

Return to “General”