Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Cytoplasm

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Cytoplasm » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:04 am UTC

But...

Look how adorable it is!

Spoiler:

Oh my gosh...I think they made Swine Flu!

I still really want a disease microbe..I can't remember which one I really, really, liked the most though.
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:10 am UTC

Cytoplasm wrote:But...

Look how adorable it is!

Spoiler:

Oh my gosh...I think they made Swine Flu!

I still really want a disease microbe..I can't remember which one I really, really, liked the most though.

I know from experience that these make wonderful gifts. I gave the Herpes one to my best-friend and she loved it.

I, myself, think that the white blood cell is the cutest one.
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:34 am UTC

Goodness! Although the ovum is quite cute too! The white blood cell has such buldgy eyes. Salmonella and the ones with similar shapes are also adorable!

But in seriousness: The flu is not fun.

Wait, she did say all types right?
Spoiler:

Is..are those little nostrils?
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:11 am UTC

I gave my friend syphilis on Valentine's Day. It was awesome.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:16 am UTC

My boyfriend gave me the stomach bug and the common cold for our anniversary. I squeed lots :)
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

Breech

Postby Breech » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:41 pm UTC

So.. ranting.

I live with a nice young man who is very autistic and geeky and socially challenged but I love him, and I'm quite patient with him. He's also patient with me as he should, for I have a few disorders myself. These disorders sometimes make me a teensy bit irrational, and I tend to lash out at people that do things that trigger my murderous mood that usually slumbers below the surface. Unfortunately, my inlaws are exactly that kind of people. They're always late for everything, they never do what they say or even promise they will, and they have this uncontrolable urge to get involved in everything.
Right now there's a huge cardboard box with a lot of crap in it sitting on my table. It has been there for weeks. It's not my box, it's not my crap, I shouldn't have to look at it. Still, it's sitting on my table, because my father in law refuses to just take his stupid box with stupid crap home with him.
When we make reservations at say 9, they always arrive at 9:30 and wonder why everybody is so bothered by this, 'they are here now, aren't they?', I HATE THAT.
Also, me and my boyfriend are looking to buy our first home together, as a couple. A home we can one day have kids in, a home where we can stay and grow old. And what do they do, they try and control EVERYTHING. Please don't, you people are driving me apeshit.

And just a couple of hours ago they called my boyfriend to invite him over, because they wanted to 'talk about something'. So he goes over there, and they start questioning him about my odd behaviour? I mean, first of all, just discuss these things with me. I'm an adult, I can have a civil conversation, I can speak and I have opinions of my own. Second, MY odd behaviour? Are you sure your little brain didn't overheat when you were thinking of new ways to avoid taking your stupid cardboard crapbox home so I have to live here and look at it for another week?!
I seriously feel like breaking stuff, like pencils or something. Or take a knife and rip apart all the curtains, and the carpet too while I'm at it. And maybe vomit right into their mailbox.
And my idiot boyfriend, who is just as insane randomly making comments about how my butt looks huge today, and how he wants to kill me for not doing the laundry, and demanding I remove all my stuff from his house but still wants me to live here, is taking their side! I just can't believe I'm in this situation, I want out. Really, just... shove it. I don't want to have to deal with any of this.
Meh.

Aetia

Postby Aetia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:39 pm UTC

Two of my coworkers are dating and decided that they'd take a 10 day long vacation together. They told my manager that they'd work out the schedule for the two weeks they'd be gone and everything would be fine. For some reason, though, the female half of the couple called me and begged me to take her shift because she scheduled herself to work the night she leaves and wouldn't have time to make it to the airport. Why why why whhhhy would someone schedule themselves to work the night they need to leave for the airport?
Also, one of my other coworkers is leaving for college, so our usual eight workers is cut down to five. Fun, fun, fun.
Want to speak what I've seen. Want to reach what I've dreamed. Want to be kind.

grapefruit1

Postby grapefruit1 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 am UTC

Oh my gosh. I must know where you got those plush microbes.
"If someone asks you, 'Are you ticklish?', it doesn't matter whether you answer yes or no. They're going to touch you."
- Demetri Martin

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:05 am UTC

grapefruit1 wrote:Oh my gosh. I must know where you got those plush microbes.
They're pretty popular. They sell them at my university's gift store. I'm sure you could just google "plush microbe".
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Dargon Cophe

Postby Dargon Cophe » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:24 am UTC

blue_eyedspacemonkey wrote:My boyfriend gave me the stomach bug and the common cold for our anniversary. I squeed lots :)

Out of context, I thought this was disgusting.
Magnanimous wrote:
Dargon Cophe wrote:I am sick and tired of these motherfucking aliens on this motherfucking plain!
I love you.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:27 am UTC

grapefruit1 wrote:Oh my gosh. I must know where you got those plush microbes.
Think geek sells them as well :)
EDIT: here is the link http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/6708/
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:32 am UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:Rant: I hate fora newcomers because they always have large irritating sig images that cause my AdBlock Plus filter list to become longer and longer.
Rant: I hate mods for their failure to enforce the sig image rule.
Report offenders? That's crazy enough to work!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:41 am UTC

Rofl, I must confess I love plush flu; it's the cutest of the plush microbes. But the real one can bite me :P

Today I'm ranting about the government for making flu meds hard to get (do not mention phenylephrine to me; that shit does not work), and drug companies/pharmacies for not making/selling night-time only flu tabs. I use some day ones, but more night ones, and they make me buy day/night packs that have twice as many day ones. Which is ironic, since all the show-us-yer-ID stuff is to prevent people getting hold of large amounts of pseudoephedrine, but all the buy-these-other-pills-you-don't-need-so-that-we-make-more-money stuff has me amassing a neat little stockpile of daytime pills over time. I should make speed just to spite 'em.

Also, while I'm on the subject of pharmacies, another rant. (Disclaimer to rant: I have had some very good advice from pharmacists). The following statements were all made to me by different individuals in their capacity as pharmacists/pharmacy employees:
"Resolve Balm is exactly the same thing as Canesten cream". Er, no it fucking isn't. It does the same job in some respects and doesn't in others (viz. the one I was asking about), and it sure as hell ain't the same stuff.
"You're supposed to take the whole packet of day and night flu tabs". Right, that's why the packet says As Needed and Max 6 Per Day. Seriously, you're recommending that I take 2g/day of paracetamol, 24mg/day of codeine and 120mg/day of pseudoephedrine, even when I don't have any symptoms? It's not a fucking antibiotic.
"A daytime tab taken with an antihistamine is exactly the same as a nighttime tab". Bull-fucking-shit. Because for starters, the daytime tab has codeine. And the antihistamine may or may not be the same as the one in the night-time pill. And most pertinently, the fucking packet says Do Not Take With Antihistamines! FUCK!
"Chemist's Own is exactly the same as Codral". Now, I don't have a problem with Chemist's Own. I prefer it to Codral in some ways. And the daytime pill is indeed the same. But the night-time pill is not the same, because chlorpheniramine maleate is not triprolidine hydrochloride.
In summary, just because something is intended to do vaguely the same job as something else, does not make it "exactly" the same fucking thing. In addition, at least read the gorram packet before giving advice on it.
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:10 pm UTC

Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot.
Recently my COD4 profile disappeared. Now, normally in COD4, your account might reset, but never disappear.
So I finally got back to level 55 yesterday and had to deal with the r700 again (the most annoying weapon in existence).
And then today, I start COD4 and things seem different. In fact, its gone back to my old account. With the old binds, old stats and old achievements.
Seriously? The fuck?
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 pm UTC

Lag on an epic scale.

Also, I fucking hate microwaves.
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

Jedifreak

Postby Jedifreak » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:41 pm UTC

Any reason why?
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=Jedifreak
http://www.geist-panik.com
Jin_Asias wrote:I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:47 pm UTC

Because I made those microwavable cheese sticks and the only thing that got hot was the plate.

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:24 pm UTC

Spoiler:
FUCK YOU, INTERNET CONNECTION!

That's right, "remote PPP server", you heard me. The middle of a highly significant conversation, which is potentially going to end up defining a friendship, is not a good fucking time to disconnect and refuse to allow a reconnection. Especially when he was about to say somethingsignificant, which could maybe have made the whole evening not feel like hell. So seriously, internet connection, you can just fuck right off until you learn to be consistent. Got that? Good.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:54 am UTC

Hey! UGG Australia! I'm in Australia. Where's the fuckn uggs? Seriously, the website allows a choice of UK or US sections on the front page, and Australia is tucked away inna drop-down menu with the rest of the world? The Australia section has about half the variety of those other sections? The only shop I know that sells 'em has about half of what's on the Australia section? Goddamn, but it sucks being at the arse-end of the world sometimes. I need a boot that'll get me through a European winter. If I wait to buy 'em when I get there, I won't get a chance to wear 'em in. But I'm trying to buy 'em now and can't bloody find anything. I mean, I know Europe's winters are harsher than ours, but this is Melbourne.

Also, flu+asthma. Because I'm pretty well over the flu by now but I still can't stop coughing. I'm tired of using my inhaler, because it makes me kind of high and after a week anna half I'm well over that. Especially when I'm taking it to stop coughing so I (and sheol) can get to sleep, and then I lay there all twitchy with my heart racing. Also, I don't think I'm supposed to be using it nearly as much as I have been. So I spent $18 onna cough suppressant and it doesn't bloody work. I should probably see a doctor. *decides whether to bother*

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:38 pm UTC

GraphiteGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
FUCK YOU, INTERNET CONNECTION!

Yep, sounds like my night. Except I was 'just' playing some online poker...I had pocket Jacks, the flop was Jack-high, and right as I go to click the 'raise' button...BOOM!

The internet did come back about a minute later...but too late. My hand has oh-so-helpfully been automatically folded for me. :roll:

Also...what the hell have they done with Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?!? ABC's brought it back for a two-week run to celebrate it's 10th anniversary, but this dreck is almost completely unwatchable! They used the rules for the syndicated version, which means that not only are there different lifelines (forgivable), the money ladder is actually cheaper than it was ten years ago! Do you really think no one will care that the $32k, $64k, and $125k levels have been replaced by $25k, $50k, and $100k?

The worst part of all is...they've put a time limit on answering questions? I understand you needed to do something to cut production costs when contestants take a half-hour to answer a single question...but this is way, way too much. (Or too little, as the case may be.) For those that don't know, you now get 15 seconds to answer the first five questions, 30 on the next five, and 45* on the final five. Bad enough...but the clock starts as soon as the answers are revealed, not when the host finishes reading them. Depending on the question, this can easily take up 9 seconds! On the first five questions, if the contestant doesn't know the answer immediately, they pretty much have to use a lifeline just to get more than three seconds to think about the question! Here's an exchange from last night:

"Hmm...I dunno. Geography's not my strong suit..."
"Well, why don't you think it out?"
"Okay" (glances at clock, now at 3 seconds and counting) "Ack...ask the audience!"

(The question? Which ocean does not cross the Equator.)

The night before, a guy had to use two lifelines before he got $1,000...and looked pretty stupid calling his wife on a question he'd already figured out the answer to by the time they got her on the line.

Also...when you get further down the line, 45 seconds just isn't enough to read the question, think about the answer, think about the large sums of money at stake, AND decide whether or not you're comfortable in your answer to risk it! The whole show's just a wreck.

* Supposedly, on the $1,000,000 question, you get 45 seconds plus whatever you didn't use on each of the first 14 questions, but for obvious reasons, nobody's actually gotten that far since they added the clock.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

crickets

Postby crickets » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:59 pm UTC

FUCK YOU, WORK. FUCK YOU.

So, the cafe i work at is being sold. This has been a long time coming, and it's not that fact that upsets me. My bosses are sweet, fantastic people with a large family to support, and this place is sucking them dry. It's reasonable for them to sell.

It's just that i have about two weeks to find a new job. A new job, that works with my DUMBTARDED school schedule. And, get this:
The guy buying the place? JUST HAD A HEART ATTACK. So now we don't even know if this is going to go through, so i basically have NO FUCKING CLUE if i'm going to be making any money at all after the end of august.
When school starts.
Which makes job hunting difficult in many ways.

GAH.
I hate needing money.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Titch

Postby Titch » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:58 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:Rant: I hate fora newcomers because they always have large irritating sig images that cause my AdBlock Plus filter list to become longer and longer.

Rant: I hate people who stereotype others
Rant: OH MY GOD!!! I fucking hate it when you go to somewhere really pretty and there's used condoms everywhere!!!! :O
They're horrible! I mean, if you need to have sex fair enough, it's pretty-but for god's sake tidy up!!! Urgh, they ruin amazing places!
Pez Dispens3r wrote:Bacon is not a vegetable.

Shro wrote:Moo, Cassi and Titch are now my ONLY friends!

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:46 pm UTC

True that. When we were in Wales for a uni trip, we saw an amazing beach, in a ridiculously unpopulated area. And sure enough there was a used condom at the top of the path leading down to it. The nearest suspect? A sheep.
Speaking of stereotyping...
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:44 pm UTC

Titch wrote:
Rant: I hate people who stereotype others
I could undo a bunch of Adblock filters, and then sit and count, thus obtaining some actual evidence for my claim that fora newcomers have big, obnoxious sig images, but instead I'm just going to tell you to LURK MOAR!
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:12 pm UTC

People that are only nice to get something from me, can go die.

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Postby rnew » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:28 am UTC

For Fuck sake, at some point somebody took a picture on my phone with it set on tiny image size. And since then every picture I have taken has been tiny. goddammit. What am I gonna do with a bunch of 320 x 240 pictures.
Fuck this
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:35 am UTC

Armadillo Al wrote:Also...what the hell have they done with Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?!?
They did that here also. Except they have six contestants, and if you pass or get one wrong the next person gets into the hotseat to try the same question. And getting it wrong means the top prize level gets removed. So you can sit on the sidelines all night and then win the lot by answering a single question. Except by then "the lot" has dwindled to like $50k. It's pointless.

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:23 am UTC

Those might be good for new shows, but I like my Who Wants to be a Kajillionaire! I liked the one where the guy called his dad to tell him he was going to win a million dollars. He didn't use any lifelines up to that point.

Ouch.jars

Postby Ouch.jars » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:36 am UTC

Amarantha wrote:They did that here also. Except they have six contestants, and if you pass or get one wrong the next person gets into the hotseat to try the same question. And getting it wrong means the top prize level gets removed. So you can sit on the sidelines all night and then win the lot by answering a single question. Except by then "the lot" has dwindled to like $50k. It's pointless.

My uncle was on that show, got the $250,000 question wrong (and won $1000), then came back for that show for contestants who missed out on "the lot", and passed on a question.

Actual rant: I should not have to attempt to position my laptop charger (or wedge a pencil sharpener underneath it) so it charges for 10 minutes. This was a cheap replacement (the original one broke for another reason, in a spectacular power-cutoff-inducing fashion), but seriously? Less than a week after I got it? The same thing happened with my old laptop's charger, but that replacement took a few months to stop consistently charging.
ouchjars: putting the "pie" in "sapience" since '08

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:57 pm UTC

Is it possible that the laptop itself has issues?
And at least it isn't overclocking things.
*placecrosspostfromconfessionalthreadrantinghere*
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

HarleyQuinn

Postby HarleyQuinn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:13 am UTC

Yea, way to take away the last and only place I had. My parents decided to move my youngest sibling (4 years old, Emily) out of the room she shared with the middle child (10 years, Isa) and place Em's bed into their room so that Isa could have her space and whatnot. Well, they got sick and tired of Emily within a month, like I knew they would. So guess which sibling gets Emily? Its me, the ungratefully annoying pain in the ass oldest! Now I adore my sisters, both of them, but I haven't the goddamn patients to put up with the kid every single day. I was always more than happy to let her watch tv in my room until she fell asleep, but this is different. They stuck some piece of foam in front of my bed and the kid spends the entire night whining at me to change the channel and but on some Disney shit. This is my room. Mine. M-I-N-E. Stupid and childish as it sounds, I live here. This room is my entire life. I don't get out of the house much because there's no where to go, no one to take me there, and even so, I'm not allowed to go anywhere. I honestly only leave this place to use the bathroom, kitchen, and hop a bus to my hell away from hell; school. I'm always fucking ignored by my family, its just me passing the time in my room alone. Here she is jumping off my bed and breaking stuff and putting the volume on max (whereas I usually keep it at 3) and spilling some sticky juice all over the damn place. We have ants in this area, and I strive all and every summer to keep them from getting in here. One juice spill (though my dad gladly shoved her in here with the drink, despite his strong 'no eating or drinking in rooms' policy) and I have to start ant prevention from scratch as well as clean out the carpet myself. This was the only place I had, the place where I can cry in the damn corner about my depression and lose it and really let go. They're threatening to ruin everything for me and take it away because I raised my voice at 3am when she poured a drink all over my sleeping face and bed. I can't watch a single fucking show because she wants to be brainwashed my Hanna Montana. The shit she watches is a disgrace. I'm being evicted out of my room by a spoiled fucking four year old.
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

the.coding.eye

Postby the.coding.eye » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:47 am UTC

Ok. The night before last the wireless network connection on my laptop was working fine. Yesterday morning I wake up to find the ip settings FUBAR'ed. Vista is assigning the same random ip address (an address that was not assigned by the DHCP server) to every network I try to connect to. It doesn't matter if it is the wireless or wired network. I change my ip address in the DHCP server to static and configure the settings on my computer myself. Nothing. Still the same problem. So, I give in and call Microsoft tech support to try to find out what the hell is going on. They said screw you its a Dell, call them or give us $60 bucks. Dell said screw you its Microsoft, they've had this issue before and all you can do is reformat. This isn't that much of an issue; I was planning on doing it soon anyways and I have a hard drive image with all my programs on it. I back up my data and fire up CloneZilla only to find out that my image got messed up. So here I am reinstalling Vista from scratch and putting on all my programs.

[sarcasm] After its all said and done, losing two days of work is no big deal. [/sarcasm]
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Ouch.jars

Postby Ouch.jars » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:44 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Is it possible that the laptop itself has issues?
And at least it isn't overclocking things.
*placecrosspostfromconfessionalthreadrantinghere*

The last charger's AC/DC adaptor failed, this one has problems with the part which plugs into the laptop.
ouchjars: putting the "pie" in "sapience" since '08

apoklips

Postby apoklips » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:29 am UTC

Bill Maher really pisses me off. Occasionally, I agree with him on certain issues, but he's mostly just a smug, self-satisfied asshole, and a completely unfunny one at that. Basically every time I see his show I want to punch him in the face repeatedly.
"Wow, sarcasm! That's original..." - Dr. Horrible

sir2you

Postby sir2you » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:59 am UTC

Why do clothing companies assume that I want to be a walking billboard. If you want me to advertise for you then PAY ME!!

Hair stuck to bars of soap... :x

Another thing I hate is when some authority figure tells me to do something I was planning on doing in just a few minutes...
„‹•**•›„„‹•*„‹•**•›„„‹•*„‹•* "There are two ways to live your life; as if nothing is *•›„„‹•**•›„*•›„„‹•**•›„*•›„
*•›„*•›„„‹•**•›„*•›„„‹•**•›„ a miracle, or as if everything is a miracle." - Einstein „‹•*„‹•**•›„„‹•*„‹•**•›„„‹•*

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:19 am UTC

sir2you wrote:Why do clothing companies assume that I want to be a walking billboard. If you want me to advertise for you then PAY ME!!
Hehe, this! There's a Guess shop next to my bus stop that I sometimes look in while waiting. They have a lot of items with a good shape/drape/colour/wotever. But all their stuff: A. is made of polyester/lycra/nylon/etc and B. has "Guess" written all over it in enormous sequinned letters.
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Magilla

Postby Magilla » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:24 am UTC

This reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes comic...
They perceive my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and have thus concluded that I am of Caucasian decent, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

Kesho

Postby Kesho » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:19 am UTC

Story: I was doing a bit of night running and as I ran across a gas station parking lot, a man walks out of the convenience store to his car and yells at me something like,"That's such a smart idea to run at night. Dumbass!" I flipped him the bird and kept running, but as I got closer to home I felt l'esprit d'escalier and came up with something I thought I wanted to shout back. Looking back on the little speech I made it seems insane, but I was really jittery and tired and his shouting scared the crap out of me. On the bright side, I think my anger made me run harder, because I managed to shave a bit off the usual time. :)
Last edited by Kesho on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:55 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:47 am UTC

Amarantha wrote:Hehe, this! There's a Guess shop next to my bus stop that I sometimes look in while waiting. They have a lot of items with a good shape/drape/colour/wotever. But all their stuff: A. is made of polyester/lycra/nylon/etc and B. has "Guess" written all over it in enormous sequinned letters.
Not to mention made by wage-slaves in sweatshops.

Titch

Postby Titch » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm UTC

I get so annoyed at shops that have ridiculously irrelevant names!
Like Piemaker!
They hardly make any pies! Mostly they do pastry products-and although they're amazing, and I love the shop, the name annoys me!
I mean, if they even did MOSTLY pies, I'd be fine with that name-but NO, they have to just do as many pastry products as possible!
Pez Dispens3r wrote:Bacon is not a vegetable.

Shro wrote:Moo, Cassi and Titch are now my ONLY friends!

Return to “General”