Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:21 am UTC

I agree that the government should be smaller, but I don't think a central, federal government alone would be sufficient or efficient enough to govern more than three hundred million citizens. And if we were going to go ahead and do that, then we'd have to just get rid of our internal borders. If the government were to shift to nothing but a federal government, then there'd be no reason for individual states to exist, since their identities would be stripped of everything except for geographic configuration.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:31 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I agree that the government should be smaller, but I don't think a central, federal government alone would be sufficient or efficient enough to govern more than three hundred million citizens.

Parts of the government need to be local. For example, you need local police stations, local government offices for government services, local courts, local officials to determine how tax money will be spent within the district, etc. But they should act according to the laws and rules set by the federal government. There is no need for each state to have its own constitution and its own laws. Taxes should be determined by the federal government and be the same no matter where you live in the united states. Parts of the tax money should be used for federal programs and agencies, and then it should be distributed to local districts based on things like area and population so that those districts can decide how to spend money for local issues.

If there was one United States Police Department, it could buy things like police cars, firearms, ammunition, and other equipment in very large orders with much more lucrative contracts attracting large competition. This would apply to many agencies, so the overall cost of running these things would be significantly smaller. Another benefit is the money you would save in salaries if you didn't have so many elected officials.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 am UTC

I just got an HTC Hero, and fell in love rather quickly. Then I tried to download an app (in particular, this app, which was the whole reason I chose this phone) and found out there's a bug where android phones get stuck on the "Starting download..." part. And this bug has been around for at least a year and a half, and none of the suggested fixes are helping. I am disappoint pretty god-damned pissed. EDIT: OK, rebooting twice, turning wifi on and off a few times, and canceling and restarting the downloads worked, but this is still ridiculous.

Midnight wrote:
Rakysh wrote:Er... You have 5000 people without housing in one corner of your suburb?

5000 homeless in the greater london area? 1 in 1600? Jesus that's amazingly good. I would guess there's 1-2000 in my city of 100,000. Five thousand in a city of eight million is astounding.

It's called actually giving a shit about human beings... and living in a country without a powerful political party that touts it's "strong Christian values" one minute, then spits on the less fortunate the next (yeah, I've heard bad things about British conservatives, but based on what I've read, ours make theirs look like Mother Teresa). Also, I believe the UK has a general policy of treating people with mental illness, rather than, say, beating them or just repeatedly telling them to get a job.

RE: Public Transportation: The bus system would be pretty good here (nice buses, $2 for any distance with free transfers), except they make so many stops that it would actually be significantly faster for me to bike 13 miles to work than to take the bus.

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Th electoral system is unfair. Even leaving aside the issue where one can win without winning the popular vote, it's unfair. People in big states don't have as much say as people in small states.

California has 55 electoral votes and a population of approximately 37 million. That means that a vote in California essentially counts for 55/37000000≈0.0000015 electoral votes.

Wyoming has 3 electoral votes and a population of approximately 545000. That means a vote in Wyoming essentially counts for 3/545000≈0.0000055 electoral votes.

How is it fair that a person in Wyoming gets over 3 times as much say as a person in California?

Yeah, I've never understood why votes = senators + representatives. It should just be representatives, which are based on population (or, obviously, just have a direct vote). I guess they didn't have the ability to calculate past the first few decimal places back then. :roll:
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:36 am UTC

smw543 wrote:Yeah, I've never understood why votes = senators + representatives. It should just be representatives, which are based on population (or, obviously, just have a direct vote). I guess they didn't have the ability to calculate past the first few decimal places back then. :roll:

Direct vote (aka popular vote) is the best option, IMO.

netcrusher88

Postby netcrusher88 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:22 am UTC

smw543 wrote:
e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Th electoral system is unfair. Even leaving aside the issue where one can win without winning the popular vote, it's unfair. People in big states don't have as much say as people in small states.

California has 55 electoral votes and a population of approximately 37 million. That means that a vote in California essentially counts for 55/37000000≈0.0000015 electoral votes.

Wyoming has 3 electoral votes and a population of approximately 545000. That means a vote in Wyoming essentially counts for 3/545000≈0.0000055 electoral votes.

How is it fair that a person in Wyoming gets over 3 times as much say as a person in California?

Yeah, I've never understood why votes = senators + representatives. It should just be representatives, which are based on population (or, obviously, just have a direct vote). I guess they didn't have the ability to calculate past the first few decimal places back then. :roll:

You're talking about something substantially different.

The electoral college is a group of 538 people who vote for the President allocated to states according to population, and in theory they all vote for the winner of the popular vote in their state (I don't think it's required by law, but I don't think there are any counterexamples). It dates from a time we didn't have instantaneous communication, and made sense at the time (and there are some very interesting arguments on the issue). A constitutional amendment would be required to dissolve it and the public has supported one since first polled in 1944 (according to Gallup), but Congress has yet to do anything about it. Since they won't, increasing number of states have passed laws codifying a pact that requires their electors to vote according to the national popular vote once states representing 270 or more electors pass such laws, but they're far short of that goal.

The two branches of Congress exist for a purpose. The House is designed to proportionally represent the people (and Representatives are allocated according to population), and the Senate is designed to give each state an equal voice. It was intended for the Senate to be the more rational, reasonable of the two branches of Congress, which... well, that's not working very well but whatever. A bicameral legislature does serve a purpose - the way it works the House generally has a much higher volume of legislation proposed and debated and the Senate does a lot of refining (and focuses a lot on nominations and investigations since they are the branch that handles that).

As to why direct democracy is a bad thing, I direct your attention to Washington and California.

Washington is poised to pass I-1053 and I-1107 this year. 1053 is a clone of an initiative passed three years ago (the state legislature can overturn initiatives after two years) requiring a 2/3 majority in the legislature to raise taxes - meanwhile Washington is facing a budget shortfall of $2.6 billion which is being mitigated by draining the state's rainy day fund, set up a few years ago (2007?) when the state had a surplus. But that's gone at the end of 2011. Part of the way it was brought down to $2.6 billion was a tax on soda, bottled water, and candy earmarked for health and education programs - which will be revoked by 1107 if it passes. Meanwhile I-1098, an initiative to implement an income tax on income over $200k/year (for education and health trust funds which could free up general fund money to help offset the deficit (1.5 billion in 2013, 2.2 in 2014), plus reducing property and business taxes) primarily backed by Bill Gates Sr., is unlikely to pass.

California, well... Proposition 8. (It's like "Daikatana", all you need to say is the name) (old PA joke, never mind) There's example after example of anti-gay legislation across the country passed by initiative, and much of it has been struck down in the courts.

Speaking of courts, a country with universally elected judges would be terrible. Positions of judicial authority should not be political (or should be as not-political as possible - SCOTUS has become a bit of a political football over the last 50 years or so, but it's better than it would be if directly elected and lower courts are not in general particularly political), and everyone from the Attorney General and state Supreme Court positions down to city court judges are elected in some states and that can really screw up the system.

Notably, California is this year poised to pass Proposition 19, which I feel comfortable calling an almost unequivocally good thing.

So I'm not saying direct democracy is without value. But it needs to be tempered and checked. That is the value of a representative democracy - elected officials (generally, in theory) temper the crazy out of the mob and place a check on the power of batshit populism.
Sexothermic
I have only ever made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. -Voltaire
They said we would never have a black president until Swine Flu. -Gears

smw543

Postby smw543 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

netcrusher88 wrote:The electoral college is a group of 538 people who vote for the President allocated to states according to population, and in theory they all vote for the winner of the popular vote in their state (I don't think it's required by law, but I don't think there are any counterexamples). It dates from a time we didn't have instantaneous communication, and made sense at the time (and there are some very interesting arguments on the issue). A constitutional amendment would be required to dissolve it and the public has supported one since first polled in 1944 (according to Gallup), but Congress has yet to do anything about it. Since they won't, increasing number of states have passed laws codifying a pact that requires their electors to vote according to the national popular vote once states representing 270 or more electors pass such laws, but they're far short of that goal.
Yes I already knew all of this.

netcrusher88 wrote:The two branches of Congress exist for a purpose. The House is designed to proportionally represent the people (and Representatives are allocated according to population), and the Senate is designed to give each state an equal voice. It was intended for the Senate to be the more rational, reasonable of the two branches of Congress, which... well, that's not working very well but whatever. A bicameral legislature does serve a purpose - the way it works the House generally has a much higher volume of legislation proposed and debated and the Senate does a lot of refining (and focuses a lot on nominations and investigations since they are the branch that handles that).
This too. What I meant was that the number of electoral votes should be based only on the number of representatives, so as to avoid the legitimate problem e... mentioned.

netcrusher88 wrote:As to why direct democracy is a bad thing, I direct your attention to Washington and California.
By "direct vote" I meant "popular vote," as in voting directly for the president (instead of "indirectly" via the electoral college). (Sorry for using the wrong term, but hey, you already knew I was drunk.)
Spoiler:
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Dark567
First one to notify the boards of Rick and Morty Season 3
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Postby Dark567 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:10 pm UTC

netcrusher88 wrote:

The two branches of Congress exist for a purpose. The House is designed to proportionally represent the people (and Representatives are allocated according to population), and the Senate is designed to give each state an equal voice. It was intended for the Senate to be the more rational, reasonable of the two branches of Congress, which... well, that's not working very well but whatever. A bicameral legislature does serve a purpose - the way it works the House generally has a much higher volume of legislation proposed and debated and the Senate does a lot of refining (and focuses a lot on nominations and investigations since they are the branch that handles that).

Interestingly, this(giving each state an equal vote) was considered one of the most important checks and balances of the founding fathers, so much so, that (according to my understanding) they made that part of the constitution the single part that is unamendable without absolute consensus of the states.

Article Five wrote:Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.
I apologize, 90% of the time I write on the Fora I am intoxicated.

Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

netcrusher88

Postby netcrusher88 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:17 pm UTC

smw543 wrote:By "direct vote" I meant "popular vote," as in voting directly for the president (instead of "indirectly" via the electoral college). (Sorry for using the wrong term, but hey, you already knew I was drunk.)

Yeah, I did. I was more using your post as a starting point (and my post was mostly directed at Thresh) than contradicting it, and I see what you're getting at more clearly in retrospect (the house+senate thing confused me at first). The first sentence of my post is... kind of disingenuous I guess.
Sexothermic
I have only ever made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. -Voltaire
They said we would never have a black president until Swine Flu. -Gears

micco

Postby micco » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm UTC

Why does talking have to be so damn hard for me? Why cant I feel good for more than a few minutes, before my mind thinks of something new to worry and feel horrible about? I feel like I have failed at everything i have ever done, and that no matter what I do it will never be good enough. Sometimes I just wish that I could go to sleep and never wake up.
I'm sorry. I shouldn't be bothering you guys with my problems. But I just feel that if i don't get these things out of my head, I will collapse completely.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

icanus

Postby icanus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 pm UTC

So it turns out iPhones and Ipods have a bug that causes recurring alarms to go off an hour late as a result of daylight savings changes. In itself not rant worthy, but when I started searching around for a solution I found out that Apple have known about it since September when New Zealand/Australia daylight savings kicked in, have supposedly already fixed it, but are waiting on the next full update to the OS to rollthe fix out - by which time I will have forgotten that I've had to re-set my alarm for 5am in order for it to wake me up at 6am, so will almost certainly lose an hour's sleep in addition to being late for work yesterday. Tossers.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:01 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:How is it fair that a person in Wyoming gets over 3 times as much say as a person in California?
To rephrase what everyone else already said...

How would it be fair that California, New York, and maybe Illinois be the only states that matter for a presidential election? Even being not quite as pessimistic, you've got only the West Coast and the East Coast mattering, and a few random cities here and there. Wyoming, the least populated state, would basically get abso-fucking nothing, because outside of it's own Senators and Representatives (which could be safely ignored anyway) it'd have no influence.

The Electoral College is an attempt to keep the States on an even playing field when it comes to choosing the head(s) of the Executive Branch. Whether or not it works is debatable, sure, but at least there is the attempt.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:15 am UTC

I love sitting at an exam, and thinking "Shit, this whole page is really hard! I'll just wing it here and here." and then asking a buddy what he thought about polar expression, and having him say "Yeah, I've never heard of that shit. I wrote something about Tom Hanks voicing the cartoon..."

And then walking upstairs to polish off a presentation for the following day (the second in two days), and finding your presentation has been improperly saved and is lacking like 8 slides...
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:58 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:finding your presentation has been improperly saved and is lacking like 8 slides...
I've had this happen during the presentation. It was a little bit of a surprise when the next slide only had a title and nothing else.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

ginadagny

Postby ginadagny » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:24 am UTC

People who dress as Native Americans for Halloween make me a sad panda.

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:47 am UTC

Fuck you David Cameron and your £9,000 a year tuition fees. We do not need to rais the tuition fees, what we need is for the education budget to be cut by a reasonable amount. Seriously, fuck you for making students cover the 85% cut you've made to the education budget.

EDIT: fixed bold tags
Last edited by OBrien on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:58 am UTC

OBrien wrote:Fuck you David Cameron and your £9,000 a year tuition fees. We do [b]not[/i] need to rais the tuition fees, what we need is for the education budget to be cut by a reasonable amount. Seriously, fuck you for making students cover the 85% cut you've made to the education budget.

I graduated just two years ago, and the most I ever paid for my tuition was about £1200 per year. Now they want to raise it to £9000 by 2012. That's a hell of a lot of inflation.

Didn't the libdems sign personal pledges not to let this happen?
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:08 pm UTC

Yep, and to be fair to the rest of the party, they stuck to their guns and opposed it. Nick fucking Clegg, though, is a turncoat and a twat.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:42 pm UTC

Ah, I was under the impression they all caved. That's not quite so bad then.

So can someone remind me, what is the point of this coalition again? Because it seems the libdems can oppose anything they want, and it'll still get pushed through. Do they actually have any more power than they would as the third party?

Drumheller769

Postby Drumheller769 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:44 pm UTC

Rant:
You are a Voting Center. A location to vote for my city. As such, your address, location, map and picture are provided so that we can locate you. DO NOT lock all of your doors, have no signs indicating anything, or a way in. I should not have to pound on a locked door for 5 minutes, have someone stand on the other side and pantomime walking around the building to a side basement door with no sign on it to be able to enter and vote.
The Great Hippo wrote:Arguing with the internet is a lot like arguing with a bullet. The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:23 pm UTC

Drumheller769 wrote:Rant:
You are a Voting Center. A location to vote for my city. As such, your address, location, map and picture are provided so that we can locate you. DO NOT lock all of your doors, have no signs indicating anything, or a way in. I should not have to pound on a locked door for 5 minutes, have someone stand on the other side and pantomime walking around the building to a side basement door with no sign on it to be able to enter and vote.

Yeah there should be someone you can complain to about that.
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:29 pm UTC

rrwoods wrote:
Drumheller769 wrote:Rant:

Yeah there should be someone you can complain to about that.

The complaints department is down three flights of steps, behind a locked cellar door, through a booby trapped corridor, inside a steel vault, and guarded by a leopard.

Drumheller769

Postby Drumheller769 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:30 pm UTC

I sorta did. My wife had gone there earlier in the day and couldnt find the way in. So she didnt get to vote. I called our county voting office type place and they said: "Oh, you are the only person who has complained, Im sure there isnt a problem. The voting center is there." So yea... I could go and complain more after the fact, but I dont know if its worth it.
The Great Hippo wrote:Arguing with the internet is a lot like arguing with a bullet. The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:30 pm UTC

ginadagny wrote:People who dress as Native Americans for Halloween make me a sad panda.
What if you are one?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:52 pm UTC

Damn it, boss, I told you that I'm home already. Stop chatting with me about work.

Adding work people to my personal IM is one of my biggest mistakes. Always open a new account and use Pidgin or something to connect them all.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:54 pm UTC

Is there no "appear offline" button?

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:58 pm UTC

There is, I didn't notice it automatically logged in before he IM'd me. And they don't have the option to appear in different statuses to different user groups (which is a much needed addition).

Not how I say my name

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:00 pm UTC

In those situations, I just say "sorry mate I was just about to head out, talk to you later".

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:06 pm UTC

Yeah I just told him I have to go and "appear offline"

Not how I say my name

Sokh

Postby Sokh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:07 pm UTC

Nah it's cool, I was just eating my lunch. I don't mind stopping to go do your task that could easily wait a half hour. To be honest I just warmed it up for kicks it'll be fine cold. And besides, I've been waiting 2 hours for a chance to eat lunch already, what's another 20 minutes.

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:35 pm UTC

This isn't really a rant, but doesn't fit anywhere else so...

A shitstorm is going down at school over a "Gossip column" No one was named, and as far as I know most of the gossip is true, just a list of who got off with whom at which party and so on. Some people mentioned (Not named remember) are getting pissed, some people not mentioned are getting amused. I feel like the only right answer here is to not get involved.

This just in! Actions have consequences! If you didn't want the school knowing you snogged someone at a party while they had a boyfriend....Maybe you shouldn't have done the snogging?

Equally! Stop enjoying the shitstorm, it's a dick move. Although I will admit, saying that makes me a hypocrite.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm UTC

Eric Schmidt wrote:This just in! Actions have consequences! If you didn't want the school knowing you snogged someone at a party while they had a boyfriend....Maybe you shouldn't have done the snogging?
Spoiler:

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:30 pm UTC

We interrupt your regularly scheduled rant for some incoherent outrage:

I HATE ZITS WHY WHY WHY
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:32 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:We interrupt your regularly scheduled rant for some incoherent outrage:

I HATE ZITS WHY WHY WHY
*hug*

though I thought you said tits at first.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 pm UTC

Oh god no, I love tits. Tits are wonderful.

Zits on the other hand...I was feeling so good this morning, my face was relatively clear and I actually was proud of my face for once. And now I've got three monsters coming in on the right cheek. WHAT DID I DO WRONG T_T
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:08 pm UTC

It's because god doesn't love you.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:18 pm UTC

Whelan wrote:No one was named......a list of who got off with whom at which party and so on. Some people mentioned (Not named remember) are getting pissed
i just don't understand how this could be done without obvious nick names or something. may we have an example?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:24 pm UTC

I don't have a copy to hand, but it was things like
"L appears to be angry with R, because she slept with D. Shouldn't L just get over him already?"
"You shouldn't wear a low-cut top around A, as C found out after he tugged on hers and gave the whole common room an eyeful!"
"P shocked the staff at Vialli's by ordering with his balls out! But really who hasn't seen P's balls?"

When your sixth form is upwards of 300 people, a single letter's not very identifying unless you know the story already.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:58 am UTC

RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE

Incredibly stupid, inept, negligent insurance company. Collected the car today and proceeded to almost ruin the engine driving it with a wrecked radiator. They had the scratches and rims fixed and NOT THE GIANT GASH IN THE UNDERCARRIAGE!!
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:15 pm UTC

That is so exasperating... At least it was... pretty? I guess? Not really comparable but I had to go to the garage for nothing today. A bus broke my mirror so the company referred me to a garage. They told me I need to come in so they can get the exact color. I get there. Turns out it's not written in my car, and the mechanic says "OK I'll just call someone at the Mazda-Ford company and they'll pull up your color from the license plate number". Thank you for wasting an hour of my day.

Not how I say my name

RetSpline

Postby RetSpline » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:24 pm UTC

There are very few things I want to deal with less than a minute after getting out of bed, but breaking a glass is pretty much the bottom of the list. Also: what the hell, random spot of blood on my bed? As far as I can tell I am not and have not been bleeding recently, so what's going on?

Return to “General”