Blistering blue barnacles

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Tomlidich » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:55 pm UTC

gorcee wrote:
Actually, present versions of Windows and Windows Server are among the most secure operating systems on the market.



i will have whatever you are having, it must be pretty good to make you believe THAT.

you know what was really secure?

novell. not the linux kernel either, the proprietary novell kernel. pretty much bullet proof.

User avatar
Feddlefew
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Feddlefew » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:00 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:The OS is also not that bad. Except, of course, when you install 80 toolbars and Bonzai Buddy or whatever fucking thing replaced that. Weatherbug, probably.

Gah, fucking Weatherbug.


I've heard stories about it but never encountered it (thank the gods) or found a trustworthy source on it. Just how bad is it?
My spelling is abysmal. Just saying.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26196
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:05 pm UTC

It's not Weatherbug directly, though it's a pretty shitty application in the first place (What's this? You can tell me what I can see if I look out a window or just go to weather.com, and you'll hog system resources to do it? AWESOME!) but that it allows other software to also get installed via the TOS you agreed to. And the other software automagically says you agree to their TOS, so more junk gets on there, and more and more and more and suddenly your computer is taking two minutes to open IE.

Because the kind of person who uses Weatherbug uses IE.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:40 pm UTC

Rant: virgin tucking media have deprived me of my internet connection for 24 hours now. All they tell me is "it's being fixed, should be done in a few hours". They told me that last night.

Dear Virgin Media. Please provide the one tucking service I'm tucking paying you for.

Also, duck my phone's autocorrect.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Feddlefew
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Feddlefew » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:41 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:It's not Weatherbug directly, though it's a pretty shitty application in the first place (What's this? You can tell me what I can see if I look out a window or just go to weather.com, and you'll hog system resources to do it? AWESOME!) but that it allows other software to also get installed via the TOS you agreed to. And the other software automagically says you agree to their TOS, so more junk gets on there, and more and more and more and suddenly your computer is taking two minutes to open IE.

Because the kind of person who uses Weatherbug uses IE.

So it's like a trojan.
My spelling is abysmal. Just saying.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26196
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:47 pm UTC

More or less. Tracks everything you do, sends you popups from time to time...
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby felltir » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:48 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Rant: virgin tucking media have deprived me of my internet connection for 24 hours now. All they tell me is "it's being fixed, should be done in a few hours". They told me that last night.

Dear Virgin Media. Please provide the one tucking service I'm tucking paying you for.

Also, duck my phone's autocorrect.



Also: no more porn!
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

gorcee
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby gorcee » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:57 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:
gorcee wrote:
Actually, present versions of Windows and Windows Server are among the most secure operating systems on the market.



i will have whatever you are having, it must be pretty good to make you believe THAT.

you know what was really secure?

novell. not the linux kernel either, the proprietary novell kernel. pretty much bullet proof.


Yeah, and it's hardly qualifying as "on the market." The last stable release was over 2 years ago, and usage and support for the product is declining, with no public roadmap for continued life of the software. But continue your blind whargarbl, instead of reading what I wrote.

Your argument held 10 years ago. Things changed. There's a reason why most attack vectors are social engineering approaches targeting out-of-date versions.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:00 pm UTC

Well how about that. My rant must have worked because my landline connection just came back up.

Now I'll just cross my fingers and hope it stays that way.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5084
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:02 pm UTC

If it ever starts having issues just keep ranting in case it's powered by your ire.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:12 pm UTC

So my rage makes things I want to happen happen...

Should I use this power for good or evil? *flips coin* Evil it is.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Mumpy
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm UTC
Location: Oxford, England

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Mumpy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:31 pm UTC

Either that or your rage is a semi-reliable telecommunications provider. Which is one of the wordier super-powers I've heard of.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3166
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby emceng » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:25 pm UTC

Gah, just got a minor talking to from my boss. Apparently when I mute the music on my computer, it looks like I am alt-tabbing or alt-F4ing, so he thinks I am doing something naughty. So I either need to stop listening to music, or not mute it when people come into my office, just because he has this mistaken impression of what's going on. I even explained what I'm doing, but that won't stop him from thinking I'm screwing around instead of working.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Microscopic cog » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:27 pm UTC

Just show him your History?
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26196
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:31 pm UTC

emceng wrote:Gah, just got a minor talking to from my boss. Apparently when I mute the music on my computer, it looks like I am alt-tabbing or alt-F4ing, so he thinks I am doing something naughty. So I either need to stop listening to music, or not mute it when people come into my office, just because he has this mistaken impression of what's going on. I even explained what I'm doing, but that won't stop him from thinking I'm screwing around instead of working.

When someone comes in, wait a beat or two and then say "Let me mute this..." and then mute it.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3166
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby emceng » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:33 pm UTC

Yeah, I've thought about doing that. Not entirely sure I want my office knowing I listen to the gamut from Eminem to Les Miserables.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5084
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Can you not use headphones and just remove them/pause when someone comes in?

That's what I do.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:00 pm UTC

Aaaaaaand my Internet broke again.

This time, tech support says it'll take a month to fix. A month. A fucking month. I am going to a month without my main Internet connection, forced to use my phone as a very slow and unreliable modem. And no doubt, by the time the 1 month deadline rolls round, they'll have extended it further.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

gorcee
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby gorcee » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:19 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
emceng wrote:Gah, just got a minor talking to from my boss. Apparently when I mute the music on my computer, it looks like I am alt-tabbing or alt-F4ing, so he thinks I am doing something naughty. So I either need to stop listening to music, or not mute it when people come into my office, just because he has this mistaken impression of what's going on. I even explained what I'm doing, but that won't stop him from thinking I'm screwing around instead of working.

When someone comes in, wait a beat or two and then say "Let me mute this..." and then mute it.


Or bind the mute key to the right hand side of the keyboard. Anyone that knows what Alt-Tab is will also know that you can't alt-tab from the numpad.

User avatar
Ashlah
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Ashlah » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:57 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Aaaaaaand my Internet broke again.

This time, tech support says it'll take a month to fix. A month. A fucking month. I am going to a month without my main Internet connection, forced to use my phone as a very slow and unreliable modem. And no doubt, by the time the 1 month deadline rolls round, they'll have extended it further.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

A month? That"s pretty far from acceptable.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm UTC

Ashlah wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:Aaaaaaand my Internet broke again.

This time, tech support says it'll take a month to fix. A month. A fucking month. I am going to a month without my main Internet connection, forced to use my phone as a very slow and unreliable modem. And no doubt, by the time the 1 month deadline rolls round, they'll have extended it further.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

A month? That"s pretty far from acceptable.

It's completely bonkers.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Garm
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 pm UTC
Location: Usually at work. Otherwise, Longmont, CO.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Garm » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:30 pm UTC

Can you change ISPs?
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
- JFK

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5097
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Xeio » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:37 pm UTC

Maybe it's not particularly clear, but when you give me a "spec" and ask me to implement it, you probably shouldn't include things in the spec that are just as an example for the client and not how it should actually look.

Or, make better note of that. Or make two specs, the huge client one with tons of irrelevant info, and mine, which literally has nothing in it because a single sentence described exactly what they wanted. Here I am assuming all that pretty formatting and section headers were important... well APPARENTLY NOT.

User avatar
Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Steax » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 am UTC

emceng wrote:Yeah, I've thought about doing that. Not entirely sure I want my office knowing I listen to the gamut from Eminem to Les Miserables.


If your speakers auto-mute whenever you plug in something to the headset jack, you can just get a cheap pair of headsets and push them in whenever someone comes in. At terrible solution, but yeah.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:51 pm UTC

gorcee wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:
gorcee wrote:
Actually, present versions of Windows and Windows Server are among the most secure operating systems on the market.



i will have whatever you are having, it must be pretty good to make you believe THAT.

you know what was really secure?

novell. not the linux kernel either, the proprietary novell kernel. pretty much bullet proof.


Yeah, and it's hardly qualifying as "on the market." The last stable release was over 2 years ago, and usage and support for the product is declining, with no public roadmap for continued life of the software. But continue your blind whargarbl, instead of reading what I wrote.

Your argument held 10 years ago. Things changed. There's a reason why most attack vectors are social engineering approaches targeting out-of-date versions.



ok, so how about mac os x? specifically lion server.
very stable, secure, (at least more so than windows) and currently on the market. not to mention those mac minis are epically small, so it makes it easier to have a server bank.

Drumheller769
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 7:46 pm UTC
Location: ♞♞♞

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Drumheller769 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:28 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
Ashlah wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:Aaaaaaand my Internet broke again.

This time, tech support says it'll take a month to fix. A month. A fucking month. I am going to a month without my main Internet connection, forced to use my phone as a very slow and unreliable modem. And no doubt, by the time the 1 month deadline rolls round, they'll have extended it further.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

A month? That"s pretty far from acceptable.

It's completely bonkers.


Did they lose the satellite or did their land lines all get eaten by some telecom hungry giant? I just cant understand a whole month downtime....unless there was some kind of catastrophe.
The Great Hippo wrote:Arguing with the internet is a lot like arguing with a bullet. The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3166
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby emceng » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:55 pm UTC

Drumheller769 wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:
Ashlah wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:Aaaaaaand my Internet broke again.

This time, tech support says it'll take a month to fix. A month. A fucking month. I am going to a month without my main Internet connection, forced to use my phone as a very slow and unreliable modem. And no doubt, by the time the 1 month deadline rolls round, they'll have extended it further.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

A month? That"s pretty far from acceptable.

It's completely bonkers.


Did they lose the satellite or did their land lines all get eaten by some telecom hungry giant? I just cant understand a whole month downtime....unless there was some kind of catastrophe.


Obviously SlyReaper lives on the moon, and it takes that long for them to prepare another rocket.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
ginadagny
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:15 am UTC
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby ginadagny » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:56 pm UTC

Parking at hospitals...

WHY'S IT GOTTA BE SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE? Why do they have to gouge family members visiting their sick relatives? You have to take out a second mortgage just to park your car at any major hospital around here. Oops, you're a few minutes late to add more parking time? BAM - "Here's an $80.00 ticket, have a nice day"

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26196
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:22 pm UTC

... Well, the hospitals around here have free parking. Then again, no socialized healthcare, so....?


But yeah, that's actually pretty damn shitty. How big of a hospital is it, and how much parking do they have? Do they charge by the hour, because that'd be extra shitty.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:24 pm UTC

wow, i have never seen parking so expensive. usually doesn't go over 20 dollars to just leave your car in the lot for a day.
and that would be hollywood parking im talking bout. unless there are more expensive lots around i have not seen......

Dark567
First one to notify the boards of Rick and Morty Season 3
Posts: 3685
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:12 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Dark567 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:wow, i have never seen parking so expensive. usually doesn't go over 20 dollars to just leave your car in the lot for a day.
and that would be hollywood parking im talking bout. unless there are more expensive lots around i have not seen......
$20 a day would be a steal by me. Generally your looking at $40 uncovered, $50 covered. Or $250 monthly uncovered, $300 covered.
I apologize, 90% of the time I write on the Fora I am intoxicated.


Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:40 pm UTC

Dark567 wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:wow, i have never seen parking so expensive. usually doesn't go over 20 dollars to just leave your car in the lot for a day.
and that would be hollywood parking im talking bout. unless there are more expensive lots around i have not seen......
$20 a day would be a steal by me. Generally your looking at $40 uncovered, $50 covered. Or $250 monthly uncovered, $300 covered.


ahhh ok. i must be looking at the cheaper lots then. or its just been awhile since i went to downtown hollywood.

User avatar
Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.
Posts: 11083
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:27 pm UTC
Location: E pur si muove

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Yakk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:45 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:... Well, the hospitals around here have free parking. Then again, no socialized healthcare, so....?

But yeah, that's actually pretty damn shitty. How big of a hospital is it, and how much parking do they have? Do they charge by the hour, because that'd be extra shitty.
Usually by the hour, yes. The parking immediately adjacent to the hospital generally charges a non-trivial amount, to encourage you to move along and let others use it.

In my experience, street parking not that far away is not that hard to find. It is just the directly-on-premises parking that is immediately adjacent to the buildings that they charge for.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

DSenette
Posts: 2418
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby DSenette » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:55 pm UTC

the parking lots around the hospitals here charge too, though, if you're visiting the ER you can get your parking validated/reimbursed depending on what type of lot it is.

normal patient visiting depends on where you're visiting. if the person you're visiting is in a long term (like any kind of rehab, paliative care, or nursing home type care) then they usually validate/reimburse you or give you a long term parking pass...anyone else, you gots to pay just to park here today
The Righteous Hand Of Retribution
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")

User avatar
JBJ
Posts: 1263
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:20 pm UTC
Location: a point or extent in space

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby JBJ » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 pm UTC

I'm assuming this is a fairly large city with a hospital in or very near the center of the city? You can usually find a mall or shopping center within a mile or two that has free parking. Park there and call a cab. Fares vary, but it's usually $2-$3 initial charge and around $2-$3 per mile.

I used to do that for flights. Airport parking where I used to fly out of was $15 a day in long term parking. They also had a $5 lot offsite with shuttle service, but when I was traveling for business I would be gone 2 weeks at a time. $200+ for on-site and convenience, or $70+ for off site with the shuttle hassle. Or... $30 by parking at the Wal-Mart up the street and getting a taxi at $15 each way including tip.
So, you sacked the cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker?
The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick.

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 am UTC

Most of the long term parking places with shuttle buses have the advantage of being secured parking, though (as in, there's a fence around the lot, and security guards), which you wouldn't get at a shopping mall car park in the UK. Then again, a shopping mall car park in the UK would (a) be unlikely to be free, and (b) probably tow your car if you stayed parked there for more than a day.

One of the things that's nice about Korea is that parking is available everywhere and is really cheap. Pretty much every building in Changwon has at least a couple of floors of parking, plus there are outdoor parking lots. And parking is rarely more than about $0.70 per hour, with a discount if you use one of the businesses in the same building as the parking garage. Or, well, it would be nice, if I had a car - I'll have one next year.

User avatar
fizzgig
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:35 am UTC
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby fizzgig » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:08 am UTC

Yeah free parking at shopping centres is not a thing that exists where I live. Well, you get 2 or 3 hours for free, which would probably be enough for visiting someone in hospital, but not enough for flying somewhere.

User avatar
Feddlefew
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Feddlefew » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:42 pm UTC

There's a particular person here on this forum that is driving me up the metaphorical wall. People who are tracking SB and the News subfora may know who I'm talking about.

So:

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR-GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!
My spelling is abysmal. Just saying.

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Tomlidich » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:48 pm UTC

Feddlefew wrote:There's a particular person here on this forum that is driving me up the metaphorical wall. People who are tracking SB and the News subfora may know who I'm talking about.

So:

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR-GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!

may i ask which topic this is in?

Windowlicker
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 pm UTC
Location: St Andrews, Scotland

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Windowlicker » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:08 pm UTC

Nope.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests