Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:29 am UTC

I've gotten to the point where I just read threads in my Egosearch. I don't venture too far away from that.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:41 am UTC

Yeah, I like egosearch - I keep track of things like Rant and Women and Screechings. It's nice :)
Amie wrote:Cathy, I now declare you to be an awesome person, by the powers vested in me by nobody, really.
yurell wrote:We need fewer homoeopaths, that way they'll be more potent!

torontoraptor

Postby torontoraptor » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:10 am UTC

There's things outside of egosearch?
Promicin wrote:Now if I can just grab on with my tongue-like foot... wait. I am not a mussel.

pseudoidiot wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:fucking owls is enjoyable.
Someone should sig this

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:16 am UTC

torontoraptor wrote:There's things outside of egosearch?

Yes, but you must never go there, Simba.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Ghostbear

Postby Ghostbear » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:29 pm UTC

What is this egosearch? I don't see anything like that in any the menus or the user control panel.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:33 pm UTC

"View your posts". Note its uniform resource locator: search.php?search_id=egosearch
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Dason

Postby Dason » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:46 pm UTC

Don't forget about bookmarks. I prefer to bookmark threads instead of relying on egosearch. I made the mistake of posting in one of those silly counting threads in forum games and I've regretted it ever since. But with bookmarks I don't need to see that everytime I want to catch up on my favorite threads. Plus I don't have to post in a thread to follow it.
double epsilon = -.0000001;

Ghostbear

Postby Ghostbear » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:59 pm UTC

Ah, thanks kindly!

raike

Postby raike » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:19 pm UTC

Re-awakened source of mild irritation: people who call me Vinny.
"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." - H.J. Kaiser
رات دن گردش میں ہیں سات آسماں
ہو رہیگا کچھ نہ کچھ گھبرائیں کیا
(غالب)

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:18 am UTC

Dason wrote:Don't forget about bookmarks. I prefer to bookmark threads instead of relying on egosearch. I made the mistake of posting in one of those silly counting threads in forum games and I've regretted it ever since. But with bookmarks I don't need to see that everytime I want to catch up on my favorite threads. Plus I don't have to post in a thread to follow it.

I just chose the option to subscribe to every thread I post in, then set up a gmail filter so it deletes all of the emails from the forum.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

Arisu

Postby Arisu » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:14 am UTC

Gaah!
Why the fuck must you start cleaning your fucking room at 2:30 AM?

Normally I wouldn't care one bit about your screwed up sleeping pattern, about how you will whine about being tired tonight, how you will whine about being all kinds of ill and need the pity of others. I don't care, frankly I don't care at all, if you want to fuck up your life, then go right ahead!

But why the fuck must you play your music oh so Thorn-be-damned loudly? You know very well that I can't sleep with loud sounds on the background, hell, only yesterday did I tell you about how all the fireworks always keep me awake during this time of the year (when she asked me why I went to bed earlier than normal). I don't need to hear every sappy emo lyric, every drum-beat, every fucking screamo like the band is playing live next to me. And when I go to you and ask you to turn down the volume, a futile effort judging by past results, you turn it down by one. ONE. That is less three fucking percent of the volume you are currently listening to. Can't you just shoot me in the foot if you want me to be awake and suffering so badly?
And worst of all, I need to get up at 4 to do my newspapers and despite it being Saturday I can't go to bed afterwards as I need to do all kinds of new years eve shoppings and preparations. Things you won't be doing as you will be sleeping, after all, you are the "tired and ill" one aren't you?

Just fuck off, will you.

Dason

Postby Dason » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:33 am UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:
Dason wrote:Don't forget about bookmarks. I prefer to bookmark threads instead of relying on egosearch. I made the mistake of posting in one of those silly counting threads in forum games and I've regretted it ever since. But with bookmarks I don't need to see that everytime I want to catch up on my favorite threads. Plus I don't have to post in a thread to follow it.

I just chose the option to subscribe to every thread I post in, then set up a gmail filter so it deletes all of the emails from the forum.

What's the point of that? I was regretting it because you can't remove threads from your egosearch. So if you post in a few threads in forum games those will dominate the top of your egosearch.

llamanaru

Postby llamanaru » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:10 am UTC

But you can remove threads from your subscription list. The way The Scyphozoa has it set up, his subscription list acts like an egosearch where threads can be removed.

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:26 am UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:

Where's that option?
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am UTC

I'm not sure if this works outside of Chrome, but it's very useful. It's like a foe button for threads. http://goo.gl/VaBPb (made by Aaeriele)
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Dason

Postby Dason » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:14 pm UTC

Josephine wrote:

I'm not sure if this works outside of Chrome, but it's very useful. It's like a foe button for threads. http://goo.gl/VaBPb (made by Aaeriele)

I do remember that being posted. But I don't actually have any threads I want to be erased from existence in my eyes. The only functionality I want is the ability to edit the list of threads I keep track of. The bookmark functionality is great for that and is pretty much what it was created for so it's what I used. It would be nice if there was a prominent link to go to your bookmarks like there is for egosearch. I get around the fact that there isn't by actually having a bookmark on my bookmark bar that takes me to my bookmarked threads.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:08 am UTC

Dason wrote:I do remember that being posted. But I don't actually have any threads I want to be erased from existence in my eyes. The only functionality I want is the ability to edit the list of threads I keep track of. The bookmark functionality is great for that and is pretty much what it was created for so it's what I used. It would be nice if there was a prominent link to go to your bookmarks like there is for egosearch. I get around the fact that there isn't by actually having a bookmark on my bookmark bar that takes me to my bookmarked threads.

It has a checkbox to only work in egosearch, you know.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

RetSpline

Postby RetSpline » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:13 am UTC

I wasn't going to go to a friend's New Year's Eve party because I know everyone's just gonna get drunk and be loud and annoying, but then my parent's friends started showing up at the house. This is the first I'd heard that there was going to be a party here because it was apparently a "last minute thing". A year ago I wouldn't have cared about it at all, but now I pay rent and have work in the morning. Fuck this shit. I obviously can't tell my parents they aren't allowed to have parties at their house, but some advance warning or something would be nice.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:39 pm UTC

Why is there cat blood all over my bed? Nobody can figure it out.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:12 am UTC

how do you know that it was cat blood?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dason

Postby Dason » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:16 am UTC

Josephine wrote:
Dason wrote:I do remember that being posted. But I don't actually have any threads I want to be erased from existence in my eyes. The only functionality I want is the ability to edit the list of threads I keep track of. The bookmark functionality is great for that and is pretty much what it was created for so it's what I used. It would be nice if there was a prominent link to go to your bookmarks like there is for egosearch. I get around the fact that there isn't by actually having a bookmark on my bookmark bar that takes me to my bookmarked threads.

It has a checkbox to only work in egosearch, you know.

Meh - bookmarking is built in and works in any browser. Does the plug in work in every browser? Probably not all and I'd have to do a little bit additional work to do what I want and then on top of that I'd need to post in a thread to follow it in my ego search.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:08 am UTC

suffer-cait wrote:how do you know that it was cat blood?

It was where the cat likes to sit, and nobody else has been in. I think she must have torn out a claw.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:21 pm UTC

Yes. Cat blood, that's right. Do not investigate further.
Ⓞⓞ◯

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:42 pm UTC

That's how they lure you in.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:37 pm UTC

All of that killing of small animals is just to make you lower your guard over seeing them covered in blood.

Then Mrs. Trellis goes missing.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:20 pm UTC

Mumpy wrote:All of that killing of small animals is just to make you lower your guard over seeing them covered in blood.

But when I did it I needed help. Why can people see through me but not cats? :(
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:16 pm UTC

Kewangji wrote:
Mumpy wrote:All of that killing of small animals is just to make you lower your guard over seeing them covered in blood.

But when I did it I needed help. Why can people see through me but not cats? :(

Because you can't make that disarming noise: "Prrrrr, Prrrrrrr, Prrrrrrrrr"

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:45 pm UTC

Girl. You don't know what beast you're awakening here. It has slept for eons. Do you know what powers you're playing with? No, I don't want to pay you to have you touch me inappropriately. YES OH GOD I DO.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:18 pm UTC

Jave D wrote:Girl. You don't know what beast you're awakening here. It has slept for eons. Do you know what powers you're playing with? No, I don't want to pay you to have you touch me inappropriately. YES OH GOD I DO.

I FUCKING HATE CRYPTIC RANTS

WITHOUT CONTEXT I CANNOT PROCESS THEM

THIS FUCKING SUCKS

ALL CAPS FOR ANNOYANCE

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:43 pm UTC

Srsly... that was so not cryptic.

I WILL SHOW YOU CRYPTIC.

LATER.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:45 pm UTC

WELL I CAN'T PARSE IT EITHER.
You rang?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:09 pm UTC

Being hit on my a sex worker during an extreme dry spell?
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:11 pm UTC

She's not a sex worker, just a friend. Who offered a benefit of sorts. For money. This tempted and bothered me, and enticed and enthralled me. But, like Jesus, I don't have money anyway, so away from me, Satan.

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:16 pm UTC

Well, that was a douchy move of her.
You rang?

Dason

Postby Dason » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:19 pm UTC

Jave D wrote:She's not a sex worker, just a friend. Who offered a benefit of sorts. For money. This tempted and bothered me, and enticed and enthralled me. But, like Jesus, I don't have money anyway, so away from me, Satan.

So she's not a sex worker. Just somebody looking to get paid for providing 'benefits'. Gotcha.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 pm UTC

I technically asked her. So the douche is me!

But she said yes, which is like, incredibly hot because I've never paid for anything sexual before, and incredibly tempting because she's a friend instead of a random anonymous sex worker. Also because she's not in the habit of getting paid for that sort of thing, and I'd therefore be corrupting her into selling her body. Did I mention she has a boyfriend? Evil turns me on. I'm a pig-dog.

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 pm UTC

I retract my previous statement.

That also puts your original rant in a whole different light.
You rang?

Box Boy
WINNING

Postby Box Boy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:21 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I've gotten to the point where I just read threads in my Egosearch. I don't venture too far away from that.

I've literally never done anything else.
Signatures are for chumps.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:21 pm UTC

Box Boy wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:I've gotten to the point where I just read threads in my Egosearch. I don't venture too far away from that.

But whence came the eggs that gave way to these chickens? Have we discovered a (rather mundane) time loop?
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:35 pm UTC

Box Boy wrote:

That explains why you've never posted in the Thousanders forum.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Return to “General”