Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mercutio_stencil

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby mercutio_stencil » Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 am UTC

Oh God, I'm getting married in two weeks...Wait, that's not quite right...I'm having a wedding in two weeks, that's a better fit. It seems like there should be so much to do, and I'm panicking at every little detail that hasn't been taken care of. Somehow, the fact that all of the big things are ready to go, the little things are tripping me up and preventing me from sleeping. Is the ribbon on the vase too much of a sunflower yellow, or it is wheat yellow enough? Am I going to be able to figure out how to tie a tie? The Full Windsor still trips me up most of the time, but I have the Four in Hand down pretty well. Is the Four in Hand to informal for a wedding? For some reason, the more inconsequential, the better it seems to panic about.

I'm going to huddle in a corner and over-think tie knots for a while.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Mon May 07, 2012 7:23 pm UTC

Stupid handbag threads. I don't understand how it can be worth it to keep spamming XKCD with them. Who actually follows the links?
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby Yakk » Mon May 07, 2012 7:30 pm UTC

It is about pagerank, or something like it. XKCD forums have a high pagerank. If you can spam someone with a high pagerank, their web juice rubs off on you.

And it is also about it being very cheap. So if you somehow make the pagerank not work (nofollow!), the bots don't care -- they just look for forums and blinking spam. It isn't worth the cost to check if the posting is pointless -- and, in fact, if you avoid places where they do a nofollow type thing, you push forums to do more nofollow, and make your money making scheme worse...
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 pm UTC

Yakk wrote:It is about pagerank, or something like it. XKCD forums have a high pagerank. If you can spam someone with a high pagerank, their web juice rubs off on you.

And it is also about it being very cheap. So if you somehow make the pagerank not work (nofollow!), the bots don't care -- they just look for forums and blinking spam. It isn't worth the cost to check if the posting is pointless -- and, in fact, if you avoid places where they do a nofollow type thing, you push forums to do more nofollow, and make your money making scheme worse...

Grumble....

And unfortunately if anti-spamming methods set themselves up to report spam to search providers who would LOWER page ranks of spammers, than they would just spam for competitors pages.

I've seriously considered suggesting that Dear SB and S/FI have an algorithm to hold posts for manual approval if they have Chinese characters in them but I doubt that would help for long.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue May 08, 2012 1:51 pm UTC

You'd think the search algorithms could be made smart enough to discard threads with only one post in them. That would eliminate much of the issue.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Tue May 08, 2012 3:00 pm UTC

emceng wrote:You'd think the search algorithms could be made smart enough to discard threads with only one post in them. That would eliminate much of the issue.

For two days. Then the bots would start replying to their own threads.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Wed May 09, 2012 12:05 am UTC

So how about you get mad at your #%&@ girlfriend for flirting with me instead of getting mad at me for flirting back. She never told me she already had a boyfriend when I flirted back with her. I really think I'm not the one to blame here. Or was I supposed to smell it?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed May 09, 2012 1:53 pm UTC

So a family friend was on a flight that descended from 10,000ft to 6,000ft just over a mountain 7,000ft tall. Lost contact 6 hours ago and its fuel would have run out by now. It's getting dark and rainy, and the closest ground crew is about 3 hours away.

It's a new aircraft that's just 4 days old.

Everyone's terrified, but given the situation, I really think the chances of survival are... quite harsh. It's scary to think that one can still crash a plane on a deserted mountaintop on the most densely populated island on Earth.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Wed May 09, 2012 1:56 pm UTC

Shit. Hope all goes well man.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed May 09, 2012 2:01 pm UTC

Thanks. At least I hope we can find where they are soon. When it comes to plane crashes, my biggest fear is dying in the aftermath while waiting to be rescued. If anyone's still alive, I hope we can get to them.

... Or I hope we magically find them landed in the trees, suspended by butterflies and unicorns.

I also like how many places on the internet were quite to say "crash or hijacking?" It's a valid concern, I guess, since the last hijacking here was in 1983, so we might be due for one. Or something like that. And since hijacking is such a huge problem.

And since we've totally had like 9 hijacking cases in 10 years!

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed May 09, 2012 2:03 pm UTC

Dammit Microsoft. Freaking Windows 7 screwing shit up that worked.

Ok, already tried google, but it wasn't any help.

I have a folder of two years worth of pictures and photos. I sort them by date. Then I open one up, and want to scroll through them by date(using the arrow keys). This worked perfectly well in XP. In Win7, it increments only by name. So instead of being able to view pics in the order they were taken or downloaded, I see them only in the order of how they were named.

Is there a way to change this? Preferably without downloading anything, as this is my laptop at work.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed May 09, 2012 3:00 pm UTC

Sort them by date created?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

gorcee

Postby gorcee » Wed May 09, 2012 3:25 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Sort them by date created?

emceng wrote:I have a folder of two years worth of pictures and photos. I sort them by date.

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed May 09, 2012 3:29 pm UTC

As far as I can tell, sorting in the folder makes no difference in how they are cycled when I view them. I can sort by size, date created, name, etc. When I move through them in Windows Photo Viewer, Picture Manager, or Irfanviewer, it only sorts them alphabetically.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed May 09, 2012 3:36 pm UTC

gorcee wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:Sort them by date created?

emceng wrote:I have a folder of two years worth of pictures and photos. I sort them by date.

If you don't specify date created in Win7, sort by date sorts them by date modified, which may have more to do with when/if they were renamed, or even the last virus scan maybe.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

K-R

Postby K-R » Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm UTC

This really isn't the best-titled thread in the world.

Anyhow. Less 'rant' than 'recounting of a conversation from another forum with implied frustration', but:

Me: Uses 'hir' in a post.
Other poster: 'Corrects' my 'typo'.

(Trigger for sexism)
Spoiler:
Me: Points out that it wasn't a typo.
Second Poster: What exactly is the purpose of Ms and "Hir" was it? Seriousfuckingly?
Third Poster: Rampant feminism apparently. I don't think I've personally met a feminist quite as rampant as our friend Koberulz, not even in the university system of the very early 80s, and it was reasonably rampant at that time. Plenty of pressure to join the sisters.
Fourth Poster: He must get more pussy then Frank Sinatra. Not bad as long as he doesn't mind the hairy armpits
Second Poster: if in a business context you were about to meet a Japanese, you would be warned beforehand and taught a few of the customs. Stop pretending men and women are the same. They're not! And it's nice to know if you're dealing with a man or a woman because there are different ways of "BEST" dealing with a man or a woman, as there are for a worker or a toff.
The same as I want to know the dress code for the function, I'd like to know a bit about the person I'm going to be meeting, so I may present myself in the way that is going to be most convivial to doing business. And it'll be different depending if it's a woman or a man.
Me, quoting "stop pretending men and women are the same. They're not!": In Japan? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not familiar enough with Japanese culture to say. Here? They absolutely are.
Fifth Poster: *facepalm*
Is this the sort of thing that you have to force yourself over time to believe? I can't for the life of me understand how any person vaguely capable of observation and rational thought could accept that conclusion without significant and sustained brainwashing.
Me: No, it's completely fucking obvious.
Fifth Poster: Just to clarify, what do you take the word "same" to mean in this context?
Me: Obviously there are biological differences, but there are no opinions, beliefs, attitudes, interests, capabilities, preferences, morals, desires, or anything else along those lines that are solely the domain of either gender (assuming gender is binary, which it isn't, but one thing at a time). There are certainly none that are inherently found in any significant degree in one gender more than in another.
And above all, and most relevant to the post to which I was initially replying, they should be treated no differently.
Other Poster: Some monkeys eat bananas. Some humans eat bananas. Monkeys and humans are the same. Got it.
Sixth Poster: Is koberulz male or female?
Fourth Poster: I'm pretty sure there's a vagina involved somewhere. Whether "has" or "is" is still undecided.

And this is ignoring such gems from other discussions as "the Basically Decent perspective in [the abortion] particular debate (as with many others) requires you to abandon logic. It's the same hysteria which has restrained legislators from recognising that repeatedly punching a woman in the belly a day before she is due to give birth, thereby deliberately killing the child, can be categorised as anything more serious than committing grievous bodily harm upon the woman. Give those pesky unborn babies legal protection even a second before they pop out, and then we might have to start asking some hard questions about what happens before then ... "

or "Your assumption was that the unborn child is somehow hurting the adult mother." Or "Would you also blame the shark if you got bitten while swimming in the ocean?" Followed by "You made the decision to be swimming in the environment of the shark when there are plenty of alternatives and you are aware of the inherent risks of ocean swimming therefore you would be at fault." Or the constant use of the terms "pro-death" and "pro-abortion".

The bad thing about arguing on the internet is you can't punch the other guy in the face. The good thing about arguing on the internet is you can't punch the other guy in the face.
Last edited by K-R on Wed May 09, 2012 5:49 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Wed May 09, 2012 5:39 pm UTC

koberulz wrote:This really isn't the best-titled thread in the world.

Anyhow. Less 'rant' than 'recounting of a conversation from another forum with implied frustration', but:

Me: Uses 'hir' in a post.
Other poster: 'Corrects' my 'typo'.

(Trigger for sexism)
Spoiler:
Me: Points out that it wasn't a typo.
Second Poster: What exactly is the purpose of Ms and "Hir" was it? Seriousfuckingly?
Third Poster: Rampant feminism apparently. I don't think I've personally met a feminist quite as rampant as our friend Koberulz, not even in the university system of the very early 80s, and it was reasonably rampant at that time. Plenty of pressure to join the sisters.
Fourth Poster: He must get more pussy then Frank Sinatra. Not bad as long as he doesn't mind the hairy armpits
Second Poster: if in a business context you were about to meet a Japanese, you would be warned beforehand and taught a few of the customs. Stop pretending men and women are the same. They're not! And it's nice to know if you're dealing with a man or a woman because there are different ways of "BEST" dealing with a man or a woman, as there are for a worker or a toff.
The same as I want to know the dress code for the function, I'd like to know a bit about the person I'm going to be meeting, so I may present myself in the way that is going to be most convivial to doing business. And it'll be different depending if it's a woman or a man.
Me, quoting "stop pretending men and women are the same. They're not!": In Japan? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not familiar enough with Japanese culture to say. Here? They absolutely are.
Fifth Poster: *facepalm*
Is this the sort of thing that you have to force yourself over time to believe? I can't for the life of me understand how any person vaguely capable of observation and rational thought could accept that conclusion without significant and sustained brainwashing.
Me: No, it's completely fucking obvious.
Fifth Poster: Just to clarify, what do you take the word "same" to mean in this context?
Me: Obviously there are biological differences, but there are no opinions, beliefs, attitudes, interests, capabilities, preferences, morals, desires, or anything else along those lines that are solely the domain of either gender (assuming gender is binary, which it isn't, but one thing at a time). There are certainly none that are inherently found in any significant degree in one gender more than in another.
And above all, and most relevant to the post to which I was initially replying, they should be treated no differently.
Other Poster: Some monkeys eat bananas. Some humans eat bananas. Monkeys and humans are the same. Got it.
Sixth Poster: Is koberulz male or female?
Fourth Poster: I'm pretty sure there's a vagina involved somewhere. Whether "has" or "is" is still undecided.

And this is ignoring such gems from other discussions as "the Basically Decent perspective in [the abortion] particular debate (as with many others) requires you to abandon logic. It's the same hysteria which has restrained legislators from recognising that repeatedly punching a woman in the belly a day before she is due to give birth, thereby deliberately killing the child, can be categorised as anything more serious than committing grievous bodily harm upon the woman. Give those pesky unborn babies legal protection even a second before they pop out, and then we might have to start asking some hard questions about what happens before then ... "

or "Your assumption was that the unborn child is somehow hurting the adult mother." Or "Would you also blame the shark if you got bitten while swimming in the ocean?" Followed by "You made the decision to be swimming in the environment of the shark when there are plenty of alternatives and you are aware of the inherent risks of ocean swimming therefore you would be at fault." Or the constant use of the terms "pro-death" and "pro-abortion".

The bad thing about arguing on the internet is you can't punch the other guy in the face. The good thing about arguing on the internet is you can't punch the other guy in the face.

You might edit your post to put up a trigger warning for this.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Wed May 09, 2012 5:42 pm UTC

You have my sympathy, koberulz.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Dropzone

Postby Dropzone » Wed May 09, 2012 5:48 pm UTC

emceng wrote:As far as I can tell, sorting in the folder makes no difference in how they are cycled when I view them. I can sort by size, date created, name, etc. When I move through them in Windows Photo Viewer, Picture Manager, or Irfanviewer, it only sorts them alphabetically.

I don't know about the others, but to change the sort order in IrfanView, you use "Sort directory files" in the "Options" menu.

K-R

Postby K-R » Wed May 09, 2012 5:59 pm UTC

Роберт wrote:You might edit your post to put up a trigger warning for this.

Done. Never been anywhere that bothered with trigger warnings before, so they aren't really on my mind at all. And I'm not really sure what they are or when to use them.

The most depressing part of it all is that posters three and six are both women. One of whom, along with a third female poster who doesn't appear in the above, spent a fair bit of time having a go at me for 'white-knighting' and being condescending, or patronising, or whatever. And then proceeding to join in with thinking my concerns aren't justified (and it goes waaaay beyond the above quotes). Apparently the fact that I'm male means I'm not allowed to have a problem with blatant sexism, because I am myself being sexist by assuming they can't argue for themselves. Ignoring, of course, that I'm not making any arguments actual women haven't made, and the fact that they're not arguing for themselves is quite evidence enough that they either can't, or won't, and somebody bloody well has to.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Wed May 09, 2012 6:03 pm UTC

koberulz wrote:

Done. Never been anywhere that bothered with trigger warnings before, so they aren't really on my mind at all. And I'm not really sure what they are or when to use them.

Meh, mostly if something is likely to really really really frustrate somebody or cause flashbacks, or whatever, it's good to add trigger warnings. It's just trying to be sensitive to people who have to deal with hate all the time IRL, they don't need to see it here. Most types of bigotry, if they are pretty bad, I would just play it safe and spoiler. Also, detailing abuse or rape, that sort of thing.

It's just a courtesy to others.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Wed May 09, 2012 6:06 pm UTC

koberulz wrote:

A trigger is something that is likely to cause unwanted mental states in people reading/experiencing it, and not warning people of them can catch them off-guard. For example, and trigger warning on this,
Spoiler:
a movie with a rape scene can cause flashbacks, a phone call to my mum will put me in a very bad state of mind. Etc.
Some triggers are highly personal and it's impossible to warn for all of them, but a lot of triggers are common.

Ninja'd. Oh well.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed May 09, 2012 6:20 pm UTC

Dropzone wrote:
emceng wrote:As far as I can tell, sorting in the folder makes no difference in how they are cycled when I view them. I can sort by size, date created, name, etc. When I move through them in Windows Photo Viewer, Picture Manager, or Irfanviewer, it only sorts them alphabetically.

I don't know about the others, but to change the sort order in IrfanView, you use "Sort directory files" in the "Options" menu.

Awesome, that fixed it! I dug around in the menus before, but hadn't seen that option.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu May 10, 2012 1:17 am UTC

And then a dozen or so comments claiming "it's 7 billion, which is like 700 or 7000 million" and "my state of california has 1 billion people" and "it's 4 billion". Normally I'd just let it go, but this is just way too horrible for anyone's imagination.

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Thu May 10, 2012 1:24 am UTC

The second person isn't wrong though. I also suspect there are a couple of trolls in there.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Thu May 10, 2012 1:28 am UTC

I just unintentionally made my mother start crying and hang the phone up on me, all because I expressed uncertainty about how long she and my father will be able to live with me.

I feel like shit.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 am UTC

emceng wrote:Dammit Microsoft. Freaking Windows 7 screwing shit up that worked.

I have a folder of two years worth of pictures and photos. I sort them by date. Then I open one up, and want to scroll through them by date(using the arrow keys). This worked perfectly well in XP. In Win7, it increments only by name. So instead of being able to view pics in the order they were taken or downloaded, I see them only in the order of how they were named.

Is there a way to change this? Preferably without downloading anything, as this is my laptop at work.
Alrighty, reviewing this sort of behavior on my home PC and a little googles...

What is the name of the program Windows is using to open the files? Because mine (Windows Photo Viewer) displays them in the same order that is currently displaying in the folder - if I sort by date created or modified, it displays in that order. Name, in alphabetical order. Type, by type alphabetically and so on.

I'm also running Windows 7 Professional. A few years ago I'd say this doesn't matter, but they did some screwy things with the Home versions of 7, making me think you have something else (Windows Media Viewer! Windows Photo Assistant!) opening instead of Windows Photo Viewer.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu May 10, 2012 10:35 am UTC

Steax wrote:So a family friend was on a flight that descended from 10,000ft to 6,000ft just over a mountain 7,000ft tall. Lost contact 6 hours ago and its fuel would have run out by now. It's getting dark and rainy, and the closest ground crew is about 3 hours away.

Everyone's terrified, but given the situation, I really think the chances of survival are... quite harsh. It's scary to think that one can still crash a plane on a deserted mountaintop on the most densely populated island on Earth.

Looks like nobody survived.

:(

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Thu May 10, 2012 11:08 am UTC

Hugs.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu May 10, 2012 11:17 am UTC

Angua wrote:Hugs.

Thank you very much.

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Thu May 10, 2012 12:02 pm UTC

*Also offers hugs and his condolences*

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Thu May 10, 2012 12:51 pm UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:*Also offers hugs and his condolences*

Same. :(

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu May 10, 2012 1:01 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
emceng wrote:Dammit Microsoft. Freaking Windows 7 screwing shit up that worked.

Alrighty, reviewing this sort of behavior on my home PC and a little googles...

What is the name of the program Windows is using to open the files? Because mine (Windows Photo Viewer) displays them in the same order that is currently displaying in the folder - if I sort by date created or modified, it displays in that order. Name, in alphabetical order. Type, by type alphabetically and so on.

I'm also running Windows 7 Professional. A few years ago I'd say this doesn't matter, but they did some screwy things with the Home versions of 7, making me think you have something else (Windows Media Viewer! Windows Photo Assistant!) opening instead of Windows Photo Viewer.

Default is Irfanviewer. I can open it in Windows Photo Viewer or MS Office Pic Manager. They all cycle through only alphabetically(except Irfanviewer now, because of Dropzone's help).

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Thu May 10, 2012 1:06 pm UTC

Sincere condolences, Steax.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu May 10, 2012 1:36 pm UTC

emceng wrote:Default is Irfanviewer. I can open it in Windows Photo Viewer or MS Office Pic Manager. They all cycle through only alphabetically(except Irfanviewer now, because of Dropzone's help).

Then I don't know what the issue is as that's not at all the behavior going on over here.

Steax wrote:So a family friend was on a flight that [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18004097]descended from 10,000ft to 6,000ft just over a mountain ....

Well, that's just ... my condolences.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu May 10, 2012 2:09 pm UTC

Thanks ST, Hawknc, Kewangji and Dobblesworth. It's just harsh and sad. He was so proud he could get on that thing, and his son was there when he took off.

We knew the chances were slim to none, though...

eran_rathan
Mostly Wrong

Postby eran_rathan » Thu May 10, 2012 2:49 pm UTC

Steax wrote:
Steax wrote:So a family friend was on a flight that descended from 10,000ft to 6,000ft just over a mountain 7,000ft tall. Lost contact 6 hours ago and its fuel would have run out by now. It's getting dark and rainy, and the closest ground crew is about 3 hours away.

Looks like nobody survived.

:(

That's terrible. So very sorry. :( :hug:
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
"Google tells me you are not unique. You are, however, wrong."
nɒʜƚɒɿ_nɒɿɘ

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu May 10, 2012 3:06 pm UTC

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Though, seeing it in pictures makes it clear that they had no hope once it was on its collision course.

That patch of dirt... wasn't there before. I wonder if it could have literally exploded on impact with enough force to rip the trees off, or if it had a fireball which burned everything in jet fuel. It was only 20 minutes into a 3-hour flight...

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Thu May 10, 2012 3:29 pm UTC

I've read the news on it. It's seems so heartless when the news focuses so much on how this is likely to affect sales of Russian aircraft. It seems like they couldn't find out why it happened, but it seems like mostly human error. :/

e-hugs are offered, it's terrible to lose a family friend, especially in a sudden manner like this.

Hofstadter'sLaw

Postby Hofstadter'sLaw » Thu May 10, 2012 5:20 pm UTC

Sent an e-mail to an internship site supervisor asking about fall internships.
Applied and said I was interested in doing the internship for the fall.
Got accepted last night, thanked them and said I couldn't wait until the fall.

This morning, I get an e-mail telling me to let them know when I sign up for the internship with the school because they're trying to firm up summer internships ASAP.
I ask for clarification, because I thought I was accepted for the fall and didn't think I could do it over the summer.
They e-mail back, saying if I need help registering for the summer to let them know.

WTF. T_T Was so thrilled to get the internship. Now just confused as hell and worried.

Return to “General”