Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Menacing Spike

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:09 am UTC

I would assume Xbox controllers have native support or something? Since, you know, microsoft windows and microsoft xbox.

google:
first result for "xbox controller api"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

while "ps3 controller api" frontpage is meh
"I hooked up a PS3 controller & XInput doesn't seem to care at all"

dii

Postby dii » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 am UTC

But I don't even use windows... game developers who already release their games on non-windows platforms really have no excuse for assumiing that their players will have xbox controllers.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:59 am UTC

Yeah, XInput cops a lot of the blame here. DirectInput gave you a generic list of joysticks and gamepads attached to the computer, and you could read from them as you saw fit. XInput on the other hand, gives you 360 controllers and nothing else. It's pretty much a downgrade in all senses... unless you want to port your game to the 360 at some point (or port your existing 360 game to Windows) as the 360 supports XInput but not DirectInput. (Also, using a 360 controller via DirectInput does some odd things with the triggers... you get more accurate behaviour out of XInput.)

So when you port your existing 360 game to Windows, your options are (a) completely rewrite your entire input system from scratch to use a completely different API, or (b) only support 360 controllers. And then if you go on to port it to, say, Mac or Linux, you're probably going to do the minimum amount of effort necessary to get it to work on those platforms, which means that while you'll rewrite parts of the input systems to use SDL, all the UI and graphics and such will still show 360 controls (green A, red B, etc).

So yes, it's laziness on the part of the game devs, but in most cases it's justified laziness (ie costs outweigh the gains), and Microsoft have done what they can to encourage that laziness (by artificially increasing the costs).

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

teenidle

Postby teenidle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:40 pm UTC

Jave D wrote:I hate everything.

dii

Postby dii » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:13 pm UTC

phlip wrote:Yeah, XInput cops a lot of the blame here. DirectInput gave you a generic list of joysticks and gamepads attached to the computer, and you could read from them as you saw fit. XInput on the other hand, gives you 360 controllers and nothing else. It's pretty much a downgrade in all senses... unless you want to port your game to the 360 at some point (or port your existing 360 game to Windows) as the 360 supports XInput but not DirectInput. (Also, using a 360 controller via DirectInput does some odd things with the triggers... you get more accurate behaviour out of XInput.)

So when you port your existing 360 game to Windows, your options are (a) completely rewrite your entire input system from scratch to use a completely different API, or (b) only support 360 controllers. And then if you go on to port it to, say, Mac or Linux, you're probably going to do the minimum amount of effort necessary to get it to work on those platforms, which means that while you'll rewrite parts of the input systems to use SDL, all the UI and graphics and such will still show 360 controls (green A, red B, etc).

So yes, it's laziness on the part of the game devs, but in most cases it's justified laziness (ie costs outweigh the gains), and Microsoft have done what they can to encourage that laziness (by artificially increasing the costs).

Damn microsoft. Isn't there anything they can touch without it turning to crap? This kind of thing is exactly why I stopped using windows... damn you microsoft, stop weaponizing interfaces!!!

I don't really mind the A,B,X,Y button designations, as they're just arbitrary button names, but the shoulder buttons and right stick don't map correctly, and some of the xbox controller buttons aren't accessible at all. However, recently I just bought the Humble Bundle 9, and I couldn't play Mark of the Ninja because the controls wouldn't work properly on either of my gamepads, and the game doesn't even give an option to modify the gamepad controls... This was annoying enough on Bastion, but at least it let you configure the controls there so at least it was playable.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

Fuck I hate people sometimes.

I've been organising this barbecue for nearly two fucking months, and not once has anyone said anything about changing the amount of rental gear. And everyone has known about this since about day two of the whole thing.
So now, two days before the event and well after the time when I can reasonably expect to be able to change the booking, I've got people coming out of the woodwork saying 'we don't need any rental XYZ, we'll bring our own.' Well FUCK YOU VERY MUCH. That would've been nice to know SIX WEEKS AGO. Right now, there's really not a lot I can do with that information. Part of the original point, that we all discussed, was that we'd rent everything so no one had to drive in order to bring stuff, and we didn't have to worry about cleaning up hotplates and grills because that's included in the rental.

And even if it was reasonable to say this at this point in time, YOU SHOULD BE SAYING IT TO ME. NOT TO MY WIFE. WHO ISN'T INVOLVED IN THE BOOKINGS.

I WAS really looking forward to this.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 pm UTC

Just got denied for donating blood. I blame the unusual introduction of caffeine into my diet this morning. Having high blood pressure would just help fill the pint quicker anyway!

On the plus side, I feel very energetic.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

I don't think they've ever actually checked my blood pressure when I've given blood. Probably for the best, I bet mine would be too low (I see stars on standing up too quickly more often than is probably healthy). Oddly, I'm always fine after donating. Maybe the fear of fainting keeps it up.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:57 pm UTC

broken_escalator wrote:Just got denied for donating blood. I blame the unusual introduction of caffeine into my diet this morning. Having high blood pressure would just help fill the pint quicker anyway!

On the plus side, I feel very energetic.

I forgot to eat much for the about 20 hours before I last donated(only ate an elephant ear). Yeah, that was a bad idea.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

Angua wrote:I don't think they've ever actually checked my blood pressure when I've given blood. Probably for the best, I bet mine would be too low (I see stars on standing up too quickly more often than is probably healthy). Oddly, I'm always fine after donating. Maybe the fear of fainting keeps it up.

have not given blood yet, im actually a bit scared to. fairly low blood pressure, i might end up on the floor afterwards.

also, im not sure, but does having a tat prevent you from donating?

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 pm UTC

Tomlidich the second wrote:also, im not sure, but does having a tat prevent you from donating?

For a year (or something) after you've gotten it. Same rule for piercings.
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 pm UTC

Shro wrote:
Tomlidich the second wrote:also, im not sure, but does having a tat prevent you from donating?

For a year (or something) after you've gotten it. Same rule for piercings.

aha, so all good then.

now to get over my fear of needles *cringe*

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:10 am UTC

Tomlidich the second wrote:
Angua wrote:I don't think they've ever actually checked my blood pressure when I've given blood. Probably for the best, I bet mine would be too low (I see stars on standing up too quickly more often than is probably healthy). Oddly, I'm always fine after donating. Maybe the fear of fainting keeps it up.

have not given blood yet, im actually a bit scared to. fairly low blood pressure, i might end up on the floor afterwards.

also, im not sure, but does having a tat prevent you from donating?

They give you exercises to do when you're giving blood that helps prevent fainting.

I still don't like needles, to be honest. But free food!!!!
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:41 am UTC

I wish I could still donate blood.
Unfortunately I was in the UK for too long during the so-called danger period for Mad Cows, so they won't let me :(
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

addams

Postby addams » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:59 am UTC

So, funny.
Donating Blood.

During finals week the Bloodmobile would come to school.
I thought that was Nuts. We were stressed out, we were living on Caffeine, fast food and fear.
Then we dutifully gave blood.

Why?! Why, now?!
Because it was finals week for them, too.

They need to do a bunch of needle sticks.
Finals week! Once I understood, things went along fine.

I prepared. Fluids. Water or Orange Juice.
Go to the Bloodmobile after testing, not before.

Take the cookie and please don't scream or cry.
It is hard on the guy with the needle.

That is a tricky thing to do. I had to be able to do it.
We were expected to start an IV line on a person that is in or going into shock while riding in the back bumping along with the siren on. It is so hard! Some people are Naturals. I wasn't.

I am Not a mean person.
You can, just, pass out.
I have to get this line started!
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

eran_rathan
Mostly Wrong

Postby eran_rathan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:06 pm UTC

They won't let me donate blood either, even though I am AB- ...something about too much iron in my blood (shrug).
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
"Google tells me you are not unique. You are, however, wrong."
nɒʜƚɒɿ_nɒɿɘ

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:02 pm UTC

Oh wow, too much iron? That's got to come with it's own bag of problems :x

emceng wrote:I forgot to eat much for the about 20 hours before I last donated(only ate an elephant ear). Yeah, that was a bad idea.

Biiiiig mistake, haha. I've definitly done that in the past though. Luckily the techs seemed to know I was feeling ill before I did! They came over and told me to drink this, eat that, and elevate this. Haven't made that same mistake since.

In hindsight, the other people that didn't get deferred said I was lucky to be deferred. The technicians stuck the needle in multiple times and had to root around in the arm to find the veins. And this was a somewhat large texan they couldn't find the veins in... They just sent the slim young woman away without trying. Usually theres at least one person working who can seem to hit any vein.

eran_rathan
Mostly Wrong

Postby eran_rathan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:14 pm UTC

broken_escalator wrote:Oh wow, too much iron? That's got to come with it's own bag of problems :x

I used to be able to set off metal detectors. :lol:

The security folks would get so angry when I walked thru the arch, set it off; then they'd pull out the wands & get nothing. Luckily they've never felt the need to strip-search me.
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
"Google tells me you are not unique. You are, however, wrong."
nɒʜƚɒɿ_nɒɿɘ

Isaac Hill
Systems Analyst????

Postby Isaac Hill » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:09 pm UTC

I'm slightly hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) and occasionally have my vision go black if I stand up really quickly. It used to happen a lot in high school, but since I reached adulthod, it very rarely happens. The first time I gave blood, around age 30, I ended up on the floor afterwards. I didn't fall, but I had to lay down for 45 min to an hour.

They told me lots of people respond badly their first time. My mom told she fainted her first time. When I went to try again, they had me elevate my legs and put an ice pack on my head. I still ended up on the floor. This time, one of the workers told me, "Maybe this is something you just shouldn't do". I did try a third time, and didn't end up on the floor, but felt run down for a few days afterwards. I haven't tried again.

The needle itself wasn't bad, but my veins are pretty easy to see, so they didn't have to try hard to put it in. You feel it there the whole time, but it's not painful, just a bit annoying. They put a stress-toy type thing in the hand of the arm I was donating through. Fiddling with that was supposed to help circulation. It was also enough to keep my mind (mostly) off the needle.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

It's silly but I actually dislike the finger-prick test more than the actual blood donation. I just hate that finger pricker!

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:24 pm UTC

broken_escalator wrote:It's silly but I actually dislike the finger-prick test more than the actual blood donation. I just hate that finger pricker!
I agree, the finger prick sucks.

I got a bit desensitized to it in college, because I was donating plasma twice a week.

Also, once or twice when I donated blood they gave me the option of pricking my earlobe instead. That was much less painful than the finger prick.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

addams

Postby addams » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 pm UTC

broken_escalator wrote:It's silly but I actually dislike the finger-prick test more than the actual blood donation. I just hate that finger pricker!

Diabetics have to do that everyday.
Some have to do it multiple times.

Not a fun time. Then there is math to do.
They have to do a finger prick and some math and they get good at it.
Some don't ever get good at it.

Hard to tell. It is hard to tell if the person is doing it correctly.
If they get too much insulin it is fairly easy to tell.
Too little has silent symptoms. Too much is pretty quiet, too.

When they fall it might make some noise. Then its quiet.
Easy to fix. Add sugar.

Rant Thread. Rant.
With the way the Police and other supposedly professionals treat The People,
A Diabetic, a person with Hypoglycemia, a person having a little stroke, a person having a Thyroid Storm, a person with any number of health problems is running a risk of dying in custody.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthyro ... roid_storm
Review does not hurt you nor me.
Thyroid Storm. It describes what happens to our friends and family when they start over producing.
Radical Excessiveness. For an idiot that sees Bad Guys everywhere a Thyroid Storm must look like a Tweeker.

From Wiki:
If there is too much thyroid hormone, every function of the body tends to speed up. Therefore, some of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism may be nervousness, irritability, increased perspiration, heart racing, hand tremors, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, thinning of the skin, fine brittle hair, and muscular weakness—especially in the upper arms and thighs.

Where did the Criminal Justice guys go?
The risk is always there. No matter where you are. All of that stuff can strike, anywhere.
It may only be Make Believe. Who are the Bad Guys, today?

The stories I am told about the way people are treated by Law Enforcement are frightening.
Nearly everyone is frightened of The Blue Uniform. I saw a Brown and Green uniform.
I wonder what that one means? The people inside the uniforms are, just, people.

**What? Finger pricks can be replaced with earlobe pricks? Nice.
How long did it take to figure that one out? If it is less painful the answer is too long.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:13 pm UTC

The first and only time I tried to give blood I threw up everywhere after passing out on their cot thing, and that was at about half a quart. I wasn't underweight then but am now, so I haven't gone back to try again, fearing that it'd be worse this time. I'm not even wigged out by needles or blood, I feel like I'd be perfect for donating *if I only had enough blood.*

What are the general plasma donation/selling requirements, in terms of body mass?
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:42 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:

I got a bit desensitized to it in college, because I was donating plasma twice a week.

Also, once or twice when I donated blood they gave me the option of pricking my earlobe instead. That was much less painful than the finger prick.

finger pricking?

i was not told about finger pricking. that sounds horrifying.

i can *tolerate* an iv line in my arm, but stay the hell away from my precious fingers!

Isaac Hill
Systems Analyst????

Postby Isaac Hill » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:56 am UTC

Before you donate blood, they press a little gadget up against your finger. The gadget quickly jabs your finger with a tiny needle, just a little pinprick, so they can get a few drops of blood for tests. The anticipation is far worse than the actual prick. They give you a band-aid for your finger and the bleeding stops fairly quickly. For your arm, they give you a larger bandage that you leave on for a few hours.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:40 am UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:

finger pricking?

i can *tolerate* an iv line in my arm, but stay the hell away from my precious fingers!

They use it to make sure you're not anaemic before you you give blood. They do it on the side of your finger, and I don't find it hurts that much (though YMMV).
GNU Terry Pratchett

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:06 pm UTC

There's no wifi on international flights. What am I supposed to do for 9 hours?
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

yurell

Postby yurell » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Drill a hole in the window and put the antenna out for satellite internet!
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:21 pm UTC

Unsolicited (for USN):
Spoiler:
There's usually at least one decent movie on the in-flight entertainment - that's two hours.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Dason

Postby Dason » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:43 pm UTC

eran_rathan wrote:They won't let me donate blood either, even though I am AB-

Isn't type O the one they want the most of?
double epsilon = -.0000001;

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:13 pm UTC

Dason wrote:

O negative specifically, as it lacks the most common antigens.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:16 pm UTC

I'm on the "permanently deferred" list because of kidney problems. I'm okay with that.

(Need to donate several vials to the lab every six months to monitor the kidneys, and that's plenty of needle time for me. Not a fan.)
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:39 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:

finger pricking?

I tell them to count to one.

Unfortunately I have not been able to give blood about half the time I try because my heart is always beating too quickly. Back when I started giving blood, I was in the same shape but my heart only beat ~60 bps. Now it is regularly over 100, and I stopped drinking large amounts of caffiene too.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:39 am UTC

Shivahn wrote:
Dason wrote:

O negative specifically, as it lacks the most common antigens.

The universal donor. O neg.
In the field, O neg can be used on anyone that needs blood.
People with O neg blood were told. They were sometimes used as walking blood banks.

Real arguments have broken out over it.
Racism can be weird. Some white guy does not want black blood.
Funny stuff. I am all for consent. You don't want it, you don't have to have it.

Not just racism. Some people, just, don't like each other.
"I don't want his blood." "No. I will not give blood to him."

A man can refuse blood. A man can not refuse to give blood.
I may not like him either. We still give him blood, if he needs it.

The need for blood is not what it once was.
Thank God. What are they doing with all that blood?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:54 am UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:

finger pricking?

I have to do finger prick tests on myself several times a day. It's really not a big deal.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:38 pm UTC

addams wrote: A man can not refuse to give blood.

A man totally can. Once I gave blood out of curiosity, and then they must have really liked the taste or the nurse thought I was sexy or something because they spammed me for year to come back. But I totally could refuse.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:00 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:

A man totally can. Once I gave blood out of curiosity, and then they must have really liked the taste or the nurse thought I was sexy or something because they spammed me for year to come back. But I totally could refuse.

I gave blood once in western Texas and for three years, United Blood Services bombarded me with phone calls asking me to donate, even though I have moved out of state and had told them that there was no way I could donate.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

I'm uncertain if I'm allowed to give blood, given the meds I'm on and their weird hormonal effects.

I think at least one is barred while I'm taking it.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:

If you are on active duty inside the military, the way I learned it, you can refuse treatment.
If you are on active duty inside the military, the way I learned it, you can not refuse to give blood.

It is a jerk of an officer that asks you to do something you don't want to do.
In my limited experience most people will roll up their sleeves when asked the first time.
by Shivahn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:30 pm UTC

I'm uncertain if I'm allowed to give blood, given the meds I'm on and their weird hormonal effects.

I think at least one is barred while I'm taking it.

That is funny. I don't know. Hormones are powerful.
So, funny. I have never seen blood separated by gender.

It is a strange and wonderful idea.
Men; Over here.
Women; Over there.

These women were showing signs of PMS.
Estrogen very high. Progesterone very low.

I'll set up the blood.
You get ready for a roller coaster ride.

Here we have alcohol.
LSD in this batch.
Morphine? Sure. Right here.

Such a funny idea. I do not know how those things are done.
It would work. Right?

Blood. Such interesting stuff.
Did you hear the story about that nurse that got Ebolia?
There were some foul tempered things said.

That is a stressful work environment.
The medical team liked her. They must have really liked her.
The Europeans from Belgium were fighting the idea of using blood.

The Africans did it anyway. She lived.
I don't remember the numbers.
Some small number of Ebolia victims live.

The individuals that live have an anti-body of some kind.
Blood from a survivor saved that nurse. She lived.
Not forever. No one lives forever.

Ebolia research.
It has been a long time sense I heard of an outbreak.
good.
Morning Rant.
I have so fucking much to Rant about.
Where to start? Where to start?

People! Pessimists! Pessimist People.

Optimists can be problematic, too.
Have you ever heard someone say, "We can Do It!"
(jeeze. easy for you to say. you don't work in logistics.)

But; Pessimists cause as many problems and they are No Fun.
Well. Almost no one is No Fun. It is a little fun, making fun of Pessimists.

But; I sometimes don't. And; That makes me No Fun.

Is this a Rant or a Confession?

Almost no one talks to me. One man spoke to me. He was being nice.
We were having fun. All the things he wanted to do, I wanted to do.

Then; We sat down to eat. The food was late. I was hungry. That is my excuse. I was hungry.
While we waited for the food, I suggested a list fr gratitudes. ooops. Well? What do you do?

It is a pre-meal game. It is a good game. I rarely lose. I lost that round. (jeeze. i thought, i was good at that game.)

Pessimists of The World; Who told you that?

What do you listen to? Who do you listen to? Why?
What did that little voice tell you? Why?

The little voice. What little voice? Who told you that?
Little Pessimist, Dear Little Pessimist; It's not true.

Is that the Good News or the Bad News?
How did I lose twenty dollars and my self respect? I did not explain the Rules well enough.

It was a game of Gratitudes. I wrote some numbers on a sheet of paper and was ready to flesh them out with Great Things; Both Small and Large.

Let's Start with the Environment. It is a natural subject, considering where our Meat Bags are.

I'll Start! 1. Have you noticed the thriving ecosystems? Tell my one reason Why.
my companion: 1. Yes. It is because; All productive human enterprises have fled to Off Shore.

Those were not his exact word. He said "Yes. Because, industry has moved off shore."

I blew up. I did not turn the table over. I did not meet him on the Battle Field of Lies.
I said, "What!! That is Not True!"
"The Improvements in our Ecosystems both for the Wild Things and for the Uncivil Human Beasts is the product of FOURTY YEARS of hard work!"
"!!The Men and Women That Did That Work and The Products of Their Labor Deserve Our Respect!!"

Well. That is a real conversation stopper.
ooops.

Confession or Rant? Both I suppose.

We seem to have a word filter with twenty dollars and my self respect in it. Good. I may need those.

Rant! I had even more Thoughts!
See? That Nun was wrong.

She said, "If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention."

Outrage is not a sign of attention.
The outraged are often Not Paying Attention.
They can't it is Conformation Bias and Exhaustion.

Outrage Exhaustion is like any other kind of exhaustion.
Humans are not at their best when exhausted.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:50 pm UTC

Thank you Apple, for ruining my commute by completely borking how your software handles podcasts.

Good thing I've already ordered a new Kindle.

Return to “General”