Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ACU-LP

Re: Rant Thread

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:47 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:Also, I am sure that there is some sort of privacy policy that you can arrange with your phone company to keep people away from your location.
Screw privacy policy; they always have loopholes deliberately placed to exploit. At current standings, several companies are offering software to go with your online map/gps settings that allow you to track the location of most any number you can give them. Privacy my freakin ass.

@kinigget: Camping. [RvB]"Its a legitimate strategyyyyy"[/RvB]

Work. You have fucked up way to many times. Sure you give me above minimum, but at current standings you owe me along the lines of 20 dollars in gift cards, and more than 400 dollars in super. You have also made the mistake of making me a Ms instead of a Mr in my super application, despite the fact I took measures to ensure you could not repeat that mistake from before. Also, you have fucked up my membership with the union. You are now in a precarious position. I am contacting head office, and coupled with your idiocy on saturday, you are truly in deep shit.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:48 am UTC

Could it be that they are trying to get you to quit?

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:06 am UTC

Well, its been happening since I got there, and I've had several different bosses, and most of my colleagues have left and hence been replaced. So I'm guessing its either a universal hatred of me, or they're just a bunch of fucktards. Not to be unmodest, but I give some damn good customer service as well. (which is my forte, as I'm not so good in other sections).
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:43 am UTC

Ya, speaking of sucky work, I just found out that another department is advertising a desktop support position at a higher pay level than my sysadmin arse is getting. I'm rapidly coming to feel like the most under-paid employee in the organisation.
*tries for another position analysis*
*gets jack of work and reads the fora outside lunchbreak time*

millinao

Postby millinao » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:35 am UTC

Yes, I have facial hair. I realize this.
Yes, I really am my age.
Seriously, do people actually think that repeating crap over and over again, day after day, is going to change my mind? I like how I look.

Also, I am not the smartest kid in school. I don't get straight As.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:55 am UTC

Yes I understand that I spent most of my day in bed. This does not mean it was wasted. I wanted to relax on my day off. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:57 am UTC

Azrael001 keeps changing the requirements for his conversion. BAH!

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:58 am UTC

I changed it once. This way is better.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:09 am UTC

Damn it, if you're going to post the lecture notes on the interwerbz, make sure they actually match what was originally presented in the lecture!
多么现在棕色母牛?

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:22 am UTC

No. IT WAS YOUR FAULT.

NOT MINE. NOT HIS. YOURS.

Tell people the wrong time, and the wrong date, and they won't be there at the RIGHT time and date!
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:57 am UTC

The website I booked a train ticket on.

So Lolsaur and I decided that it would be awesome if he could come down to see me tonight rather than on Friday. There was an online discount on the ticket, so I said I'd buy it (because my card works online and his doesn't). So I went online to do this, the website told me I could get a ticket sent to a mobile, rather than actually having to pick up tickets. (Which is good because normally you need the card the ticket's booked on.) So I set up everything so that we could send the ticket to Lolsaur's phone and chose the ticket and paid for the ticket only to be told "actually, the mobile ticket thing isn't available on this train". So now Lolsaur's got a copy of my confirmation email and it hoping that's enough because I can't pick up the tickets for him. The most annoying thing is that I tried to change my tickets so that I could at least get a journey out of the money I spent and it won't let me change the tickets unless I've already picked the pre-booked ones up. Which I can't do because they're a 2 hour journey away and my card is down here, not there, which is the entire problem in the first place!

It's very frustrating.

EDIT: The lady at the station printed Lolsaur's ticket for him! Yay! I can see him tonight :D
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:27 pm UTC

Dear Time Warner: Fuck you!

For the most part I've been pretty satisfied with your service, aside from a couple ridiculous incidents (I think I ranted about them previously).

First off, to lock in this discounted rate we had to sign a 15 month contract. Fifteen months? What the hell is that about? But we did, because it was a large amount of savings and Time Warner has service pretty much everywhere here.

Except where we're moving to, of course. In January. 3 months before our 15 month contract ends. Which means we have to eat $250 as an early termination fee (which is about $60 less than what we'd pay for 3 months of cable+internet). Fuck you! It's not our goddamned fault that we're moving somewhere you don't have service! We really would have no problem continuing to be your customers (although now that we're having to switch it looks like AT&T U-Verse is pretty nice), but because you can't manage to cover all of the KC metro area we have to pay some stupid fee. Fuck you!

In somewhat fairness the $250 is still less than the amount we saved by locking in the discounted rate with the contract. But it still goddamn sucks.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:50 pm UTC

WHY CANT I SLEEP! It is now nearly 5am. Fuck you night shift, just let me sleep!

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:53 pm UTC

Chamomile tea and a really dark room (or eyecoverings of some sort) might help?
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

PatchMonster

Postby PatchMonster » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:57 pm UTC

Another electronic voting company failed once again in Finnish elections (http://news.slashdot.org/news/08/10/29/0137202.shtml), screwing 2% of the vote. I don't see what is so damn complicated. It is COUNTING software/hardware. We've been making counting computers since the 50's. How can you mess up counting? Perhaps it's their failure to know how to network them properly to add votes. Either way, we've been doing that for decades now as well. What is so damn difficult? I'd do better than these billion-dollar companies. I'm so sick of hearing about this "voting bug" crap. These companies should have their employees hung for treason.
</rant>

Edit:
Fairfax County, Virginia, November 4, 2003. Machines quit, jammed the modems in voting systems when 953 voting machines called in simultaneously to report results, leading to a denial of service incident on the election. 50% of precincts were unable to report results until the following day. Also, some voters complained that they would cast their vote for a particular candidate and the indicator of that vote would go off shortly after. Had they not noticed, their vote for that candidate would have remained uncounted; an unknown number of voters were affected by this.[http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A54432-2003Nov17.html]

How could they not foresee this!? Unforgivable.
Last edited by PatchMonster on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:12 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
The liberal media has a hidden agenda!

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:58 pm UTC

Well to be honest, I slept for like 5 hours. So, I think I will just get a lot done. (And yes, being on the computer is getting stuff done, I work at a computer software company)

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:30 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:Well to be honest, I slept for like 5 hours. So, I think I will just get a lot done. (And yes, being on the computer is getting stuff done, I work at a computer software company)

night shift at a computer software company?? that seems odd to me...

and i hate having a job where i see at a computer all day... blah i always feel like i should be going to the gym... but i dont.
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:57 pm UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:
Gojoe wrote:Well to be honest, I slept for like 5 hours. So, I think I will just get a lot done. (And yes, being on the computer is getting stuff done, I work at a computer software company)

night shift at a computer software company?? that seems odd to me...

and i hate having a job where i see at a computer all day... blah i always feel like i should be going to the gym... but i dont.
This is actually my week off. Although last week i did night shift (i am in the support team, which is open 24/7)

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:38 pm UTC

Fuck my insatiable urge to procrastinate. I seriously shouldn't be dealing with this right now! Two exams in two days, and absolutely no studying gets done until eight hours before the first one must be taken. How the fuck do I let that happen over and over again? That's why my grades are so poor. That's why people won't get off my back about how poor my grades are. That's why I can't sleep when everyone else does. I make stress for myself. I destroy everything that would put be at ease. Fuck shit cock balls.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 pm UTC

The solution is clear. Stop studying. If you didn't learn it in class then you won't remember it after so it doesn't matter.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:56 pm UTC

This is uni. They don't teach anything in class anyway.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:03 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:This is uni. They don't teach anything in class anyway.

QFT
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Feer

Postby Feer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:50 pm UTC

*grumble* Isn't it annoying when half of your questions/statements to someone else get completely ignored?
AngrySquirrel <3

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:18 pm UTC

That explains my marks...

Definitely not ignoring Feer because I think it's funny.

Sarr

Postby Sarr » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:59 pm UTC

Ok person at my lunch table, I am pissed. I don't even really like you and I think you're a racist, homophobic jerk. If it wasn't for my friends all sitting there, I'd move. As it is I try to ignore you. So I was picking up the trash in my area, and I grabbed your bag of chips because I thought you were done. I was right, and you had stuffed food in there that was sealed along with some trash. I asked you if you were throwing them away, and you said yes, and I asked if I could have it.

Seriously. This is NO FUCKING reason to go off on me like that. It's not "Immature" as you put it, it's not like you're gonna eat it. You have no right to call me a pig, even though I am a bit overweight and eat a bit much. I swear I am this close to punching you. Just hope next time you piss me off I have the control to walk off and not knock your face in.

So Fuck you. Fuck your horrible racist jokes, fuck everything about you. I hate you.
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

*deep breath*

Ok.

So my University sucks completely, and have decided to cancel my degree, in my first year.

So I have to move to Brisbane now, which is fine.

My parents are going to buy an apartment done there for me, which is fine, although slightly flaunting their money, and that irritates me, but whatever.

Boy of nearly a year wants to come to Brisbane too, which is fine.

The problem is, the parentals are refusing to let him live in my apartment. And he can't afford to rent in Brisbane, it's very expensive. So they expect me to just leave him behind!

UM. NO.

..bitches.

And hello? I'm gonna be bloody lonely in this THREE BEDROOM apartment, with just me and my kitten.

The reason my parents aren't letting him stay, apparently, is because my sister is coming to live there in two years, and she doesn't like him, and the parents don't think it's fair that my sister has to live with someone she doesn't want to live with.

NO ONE EVER ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO LIVE WITH MY SISTER. [Which I DON'T, coincidentally.]

*big sigh*

Yeah, that's about it.

And I'm extremely stressed because of all this drama. Hmph.

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:49 pm UTC

*Hugs again*

That sucks =[
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm UTC

Pretty much.

So now I have to organise Uni transfers, help choose a place to buy, move into that house, all whilst arguing with my parents.

I've been sleeping 4 hour nights for a while now, because of this.

*wantssympathy*

Raiku

Postby Raiku » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 pm UTC

*Sympathises greatly*

Well, I can't really say I know how you feel-'cause I don't. But I understand, and give you a big hug and a hot chocolate. :)

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:09 pm UTC

*drinks hot chocolate*

Thanks so much :)

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am UTC

so, as of this moment, I don't know what my future holds at all, my dad is apparently worried enough about my emotional health to be on the verge of coming out to colorado and taking me back to oregon, on top of this, I just found out that my lab partner split up with me for completely assholeish reasons that just sound contrived, my watch is broken, my bicycle is broken, I have little food, and little money, and as of this moment I don't know whether I'm going to be able to do basketball band at all, which is insane because it's the only thing keeping me sane(ish). so in short, fuck my life.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:57 am UTC

Wow. *hugs*

It's hard making what you want, work. Fuck life. I suggest making a hot drink, and send an email to someone in charge of the labs. (If I'm guessing right that you're a fresher.)
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:42 am UTC

well, actually I'm a sophomore, I'm trying to get into the computer science program at cu, because even though I applied to the college of engineering, I was accepted into the college of arts and sciences, and now I have to do well enough in the non-majors CS classes and pass the requisite math and science courses, and now I only have this year to declare a major. but enough about my problems, lets have someone else rant for a while.

p.s. it wasn't until that last post that I realised just how frustrating my college experience has been so far, oh well, at least I have marching band to get me through it.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

felltir

Postby felltir » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:30 am UTC

fuckkkkkity fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK fuck.

help me? you know who you are. I can't make myself ask directly.

I really fucking hope you see this.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!

Blog

he/him/his

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:58 am UTC

*hugs Felltir*
I hope they see it too.

felltir

Postby felltir » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:08 am UTC

They did.
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:09 am UTC

Proof that the Internet works!
Have you given up?

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:33 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:

As had been said before: QFT.

WHY IS MY INTERNETS MOVING SO FUCKING SLOWLY?! My connection speed is as normal, but my actual loading speed is FUCKING slow.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:43 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:
Azrael001 wrote:

As had been said before: QFT.

WHY IS MY INTERNETS MOVING SO FUCKING SLOWLY?! My connection speed is as normal, but my actual loading speed is FUCKING slow.

Yeah mine too. I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with the Filter.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:45 am UTC

Seems to be back to regular speed now. Sort of.

Return to “General”