Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Teapot

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Teapot » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:19 pm UTC

Quotes from a conversation between my flatmate and her friend. (A very loud conversation which I had the pleasure overhearing.

my flatmate wrote:"I don't know how you could live without meat! My mum makes really good steak..."

Actually, some people (myself included) find it pretty easy to live without meat. It had nothing to do with how good your mum's steak is. Some people just don't like meat. It's a personal choice. Fucktard.

the red-haired friend wrote:"My mum is veggie and if she eats it she gets sick. That is so stupid"

That is not fucking stupid. It's what happens when the body gets used to not eating meat. You introduce it to the body and the body goes "Oh crap! What the fuck is this? REJECT IT!" and then you throw up. It's not nice, but it's a pretty simple concept. You are the stupid one, fucktard MkII.

my flatmate wrote:"The vegetables here must just be crap." (As an excuse for her cooking going wrong.)

Actually pretty much everyone I know has been eating them all their lives. In fact, we made a pretty awesome vegetable enchilada pie (flat enchilada, don't be deceived by the name) tonight. We're all fine! The vegetables here are fine. We do darn good potatoes, god damn it!

I know it's nothing personal, but I'm so angry at her right now anyway, so it feels that way. I am still being calm. Mostly.

Rant co-written by Lolsaur.
(He is not so calm. :lol:)
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:24 pm UTC

Standardised clothing sizes were made as a result of the masses of new uniforms needed for world war 1/2. They just couldn't custom tailor the uniforms fast enough, so they needed to mass produce them in the most common sizes. However, since women weren't allowed/were discouraged from joining the war, they didn't get uniforms and thus sizes they've got aren't as standardised, just whatever the designers thought were a good idea. Thus, this is why women take longer shopping (or so I hear). They can't just pick the number/letter that they remember for themselves, they need to try it to make sure it fits properly. Guys, on the other hand, can just pick their size.

*is very ramble-y today
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:53 pm UTC

FUCK ME!!! And this damned election. Nobama just popped up in my Hulu. Now why would i watch my TV shows online if i wanted damn political commercials in the mix. FFFUUUCCCKKK!

edit: spelling
Last edited by Cherry Kiss on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

micco

Postby micco » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:54 pm UTC

Fuck you, teosto. How greedy can you be? Is it not enough that I pay you royalty for the music, movies, games, empty cd`s/dvd`s, memory sticks, memory cards, mp3 players, empty tapes and empty films? Why the hell would I have to pay royalty for computers and mobilephones? This is not fair, you are punishing the people who actually buy their music and movies, not those who download them illegaly. This, and you say that i am not allowed to rip a cd THAT I PAID FOR to my computer.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Ramses IV wrote:You know what I hate about this forum? Whenever I come on here to rant, I run across a post that makes my troubles seem insignificant at best. You know, really really horrible things. And then I can't get worked up enough to rant, and I start feeling really guilty for feeling bad in the first place. I mean, so many people are worse off than me. What right do I have to fucking complain? I'm not sure I actually hate this. It's probably a good thing.
Indeed, I get what you mean, but most of the time I just rant anyway....Does this make me bad? Or just annoying? Or neither?
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:17 am UTC

Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:47 am UTC

LE4dGOLEM wrote: lol, slow reply is slow.

And doesn't afraid of anything?
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:21 am UTC

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAD ME TO THINK I'D BEEN DATERAPED?!!?!?!?!? FUCKTAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

I'm really shook up.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Cherry Kiss

Postby Cherry Kiss » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:33 am UTC

Felltir wrote:WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAD ME TO THINK I'D BEEN DATERAPED?!!?!?!?!? FUCKTAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

I'm really shook up.

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Rewind... What?!?
And end up on your own.

tmcfulton

Postby tmcfulton » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:24 am UTC

removed by author
Last edited by tmcfulton on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:06 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:25 am UTC

Don't forget white people who dance!
Have you given up?

tmcfulton

Postby tmcfulton » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:27 am UTC

removed by author
Last edited by tmcfulton on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:06 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:29 am UTC

tmcfulton wrote:
PatchMonster wrote:Might offend anime fans (frustration/meaningless rant :p):
Spoiler:
I am so sick of Japanese/anime obsessed Americans. I know people (very closely) who sit around and watch anime and learn Japanese all day; pretending they are Asian. What the hell is wrong with these people!? I don't hate Japan, but why can't they come to terms that they are indeed WHITE/(whatever race that isn't Asian). This frustrates me so much, posing to be another race -.-. They are traitors.

Yes, and people who date outside of their race are traitors, because they are distilling the purity of their blood, right?

Diluting.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

tmcfulton

Postby tmcfulton » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:30 am UTC

removed by author
Last edited by tmcfulton on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:06 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:31 am UTC

Noc wrote:Don't forget white people who dance!

How could I forget?

(H/T to brownfemipower for this observation: 1:50-2:05 = guy with the beige pants has the biggest moose knuckle ever.)
Raise up the torch and light the way.

tmcfulton

Postby tmcfulton » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:37 am UTC

removed by author

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:49 am UTC

tmcfulton wrote:Yes, and people who date outside of their race are traitors, because they are diluting the purity of their blood, right?

+

Quixotess wrote:
Noc wrote:Don't forget white people who dance!

How could I forget?

=

I'm going to be a race traitor right now and say that that Tybalt* is possibly the hottest man alive. <3

*I never learned the names; I just went with their analogues. You know, Juliet's cousin. The important one.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:56 am UTC

You know what pisses me off? This.
Here's some background. I'm an chinese-canadian who's been here since I was born. I am also, as it turns out, pretty fucking whitewashed. I rarely watch asian TV cause I think it sucks (except for nostalgia-based stuff I'm not gonna get into here), and basically live on English TV and movies. So, basically, I'm pretty close to a reverse weeaboo. Nobody gives a shit that I don't watch chinese television. Why the fuck should you get all pissy about people enjoying other cultures, even if they get obsessive about it?
Interesting fact: Weeaboo doesn't mean bad either. Obnoxious-ness may change depending on the person.
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:06 am UTC

In before PBF.

PBF071-Weeaboo.gif

Aannnd....scene.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 am UTC

Mo0man wrote:Standardised clothing sizes were made as a result of the masses of new uniforms needed for world war 1/2. They just couldn't custom tailor the uniforms fast enough, so they needed to mass produce them in the most common sizes. However, since women weren't allowed/were discouraged from joining the war, they didn't get uniforms and thus sizes they've got aren't as standardised, just whatever the designers thought were a good idea. Thus, this is why women take longer shopping (or so I hear). They can't just pick the number/letter that they remember for themselves, they need to try it to make sure it fits properly. Guys, on the other hand, can just pick their size.

*is very ramble-y today

Citation plz.

You may be right for uniforms which are actually tailored pretty well to fit men's bodies. But the clothes that men wear outside of the military tend to be pretty baggy and not all that well fitted. And it isn't like women have more proportionate body variation than men or anything. Or that they're expected to wear tighter clothing which needs more twerking to fit appropriately.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:04 am UTC

Why the fuck cant the 507 bus EVER follow a timetable. I have not seen one bus within 5 minutes of its scheduled time. Within 10 minutes is a rarity. The bus showing up at all is unlikely. Damn transit system.
And the new line that will allow me to avoid the 507 has been delayed due to a cityrail screw up. Bah!
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:50 am UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:
Felltir wrote:WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAD ME TO THINK I'D BEEN DATERAPED?!!?!?!?!? FUCKTAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

I'm really shook up.

Just was a little annoyed. A guy took me home from a party I do not remember, and a friend said he had no idea who it was, insinuating he looked dodgy.

It turned out to be another friend of mine looking after me, but god, it was scary.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:03 am UTC

*hugs*
Moo wrote:

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:23 am UTC

^ second that
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:55 pm UTC

Flying Betty wrote:Citation plz.

You may be right for uniforms which are actually tailored pretty well to fit men's bodies. But the clothes that men wear outside of the military tend to be pretty baggy and not all that well fitted. And it isn't like women have more proportionate body variation than men or anything. Or that they're expected to wear tighter clothing which needs more twerking to fit appropriately.
Except, you know, the clothes that aren't baggy and are pretty well fitted. I mean, are you actually holding up the trend of the last 10-15 years of men wearing varying degrees of baggy clothing as a reason why you don't buy... wait, let me back up a second. As a guy, if I want to buy jeans, I walk in and look for my waist and my inseam. Then, I can pick the rise of the jean, the fit (from "baggy" to "where is my junk gonna go?"), the wash, whether or not it flares (boot cut in guys' pants), etc. In addition, if I walk into a men's store and wish to purchase a suit, They take a number of measurements and can get me pants, a button-down shirt and a suit jacket (probably a vest, too) that all fit reasonably well. A woman generally has "0, 2, 4, 6, 8", etc. Yes, of course mass-produced clothing isn't going to fit precisely for everyone, but to say that men's clothing isn't particularly customizable, especially when compared to women's clothing...

I mean, dude, pants, dress shirts, jackets, these things all come with at least two elements of sizing, often times 3 or more. And yes, there are petite sizes and tall sizes and the like, but there again you've got essentially S/M/L for a woman's height rather than the 28/30/32/34 given for men's pants or the 1/8" increments for the size of a man's collar.

Fuck me, that was asinine.

Oh, and race traitor? Seriously? What the hell, man?
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Cherry Kiss

Postby Cherry Kiss » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:09 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:
Cherry Kiss wrote:

I'm really shook up.

Just was a little annoyed. A guy took me home from a party I do not remember, and a friend said he had no idea who it was, insinuating he looked dodgy.

It turned out to be another friend of mine looking after me, but god, it was scary.

oh gosh! well at least everything is ok now.
And end up on your own.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:05 pm UTC

There's a lesson about party safety here somewhere.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:30 pm UTC

ARGHFGSDHHSFDAD why does Ubuntu's update manager suck!? Every time a new version comes out the automatic upgrade fucks my system. Last time it failed halfway through with a "catastrophic error". This time it's left me with a machine that won't boot at all. And because I use my computer as an alarm clock that failed too. So I wake up 10 minutes late for work to a kernel panic. Fuck that.

Call in sick (today is obviously not going to go well, so I'm not even going to bother trying to make an excuse to be late), and try to watch a DVD while waiting for someone to reply to my cry for help on the Ubuntu forums. (Which is futile, as these forums are useless for anything but the most basic problems.) Fortunately I can boot the old install from another hard disk and watch a DVD on it. Except the brand-new disc is defective. Or (with my luck) the DVD drive is dead. I mean I had a copy of this movie before and watched it on the same damn machine, and it got stolen so I got another copy and it won't read at all. (But the copy I downloaded a while ago, waiting for the replacement to come in, worked fine. Another point for piracy. :roll: )

Ubuntu people: please put some effort into making your automatic upgrades actually work and not just fuck up the system beyond repair.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:35 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:There's a lesson about party safety here somewhere.

Make sure you have awesome friends who will look after you if somebody does something so shitty?

That's an important one.
Moo wrote:

Levi

Postby Levi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:59 am UTC

Windows and Macintosh computers.

Windows crashes WAAAAAAAY too easily.

Macintosh makes it difficult to play with advanced settings/change stuff and Airport is the most frustrating wireless internet program ever. Everything is hidden.

Neon Rain

Postby Neon Rain » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:10 am UTC

People. There is no such thing as "timesing" anything. 3 times 4 is 12. To get 12, you MULTIPLY 3 by 4.

Facepalm.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:13 am UTC

Neon Rain wrote:People. There is no such thing as "timesing" anything. 3 times 4 is 12. To get 12, you MULTIPLY 3 by 4.

Facepalm.

Oh wow. I hate this. I'm glad I'm in a math class advanced enough to not do this.

However, "dotting" is a valid verb for vectors.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

Neon Rain

Postby Neon Rain » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:23 am UTC

It gets even worse with cross products.

On a semi-related note, please, please, please don't name a vector "X". Problems involving things like (X x Y)*(Z*x) just make my head hurt (its suppose to be a the dot product of the cross-product of a vectors X and Y and a vector Z times a scalar x <- shoot me now).

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:53 am UTC

They will burn in hell next to the people who use O, S, I, l, and (maybe) Z for variables, and the ones who use u and v in the same equation. (I'm tempted to exclude Z because it's common and doesn't look too much like 5 two, hurr...)

Also, now my laptop is kernel panicking at random. For fuck's sake, I moved to Linux to get away from this shit! And my DS just destroyed another memory card, that's like the 10th one now. And the Xubuntu AMD64 Alternate torrent is completely dead, these usually have hundreds of seeds, wtf!? fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck I should just be a farmer.
Last edited by '; DROP DATABASE;-- on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:13 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Qoppa

Postby Qoppa » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:57 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:.... fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck I should just be a farmer.
I'm sorry about your situation, but for some reason that phrase is hilarious. Har har.

Also, Iceweasel keeps segfaulting when shit tries to access the sound card and it's PISSING ME OFF!

Code: Select all

_=0,w=-1,(*t)(int,int);a()??<char*p="[gd\
~/d~/\\b\x7F\177l*~/~djal{x}h!\005h";(++w
<033)?(putchar((*t)(w??(p:>,w?_:0XD)),a()
):0;%>O(x,l)??<_='['/7;{return!(x%(_-11))
?x??'l:x^(1+ ++l);}??>main(){t=&O;w=a();}

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:37 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:(I'm tempted to exclude Z because it's common and doesn't look too much like 5...)

Don't you think it looks a lot more like 2 then 5?

Cherry Kiss

Postby Cherry Kiss » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:22 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:They will burn in hell next to the people who use O, S, I, l, and (maybe) Z for variables, and the ones who use u and v in the 7same equation. (I'm tempted to exclude Z because it's common and doesn't look too much like 5...)

i think a Z would look more like a 2. But most people who do math regularly (or maybe not regularly but still like it) Z and make 7's 7 as to not confuzzle them with > symbols.

well at least i know i do this as per my 9th grade geometry teacher's handy teaching.
And end up on your own.

PatchMonster

Postby PatchMonster » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:40 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:............

You really, really, just played the "race traitor" card? Race traitor?

That's something new.

Spoiler:
"Atticus," I said one evening, "what exactly is a nigger-lover?"

Atticus's face was grave. "Has someone been calling you that?"

"No sir. Mrs. Dubose calls you that. She warms up every afternoon calling you that. Francis called you that last Christmas, that's when I first heard it."

"Is that the reason you jumped on him?" Atticus asked.

"Yes sir..."

"Then why are you asking me what it means?"

I tried to explain to Atticus that it wasn't so much what Francis said that infuriated me as the way he said it. "It was like he said snot-nose or somethin'."

"Scout," said Atticus, "nigger-lover is one of those terms that don't mean anything - like snot-nose. It's hard to explain - ignorant, trashy people use it when they think somebody's favoring Negroes over and above themselves. It's slipped into usage with people like ourselves, when they want a common, ugly term to label somebody."

"You aren't really a nigger-lover then, are you?"

"I certainly am. I do my best to love everybody...I'm hard put, sometimes - baby, it's never an insult to be called what some people think is a bad name. It just shows you how poor that person is, it doesn't hurt you. So don't let Mrs. Dubose get you down. She had enough troubles of her own.

I meant traitor to their home country, I'm not a Nazi I swear! I implied that they are traitors since all they do is purchase sushi/japanese books etc (*NOT ALL ANIME FANS DO THIS*); halfway out of jest and emphasis. Also, I wasn't over generalizing/putting anime people into a group, I identified a specific rare range of people. I turn my back for a few days and see people accusing me of racism :shock: .
The liberal media has a hidden agenda!

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 am UTC

that would be a good idea, yes, or better yet, try to keep irresponsibility to a minimum. I know it is impossible to eliminate, and who would want to anyway? but do try to keep it down

now, that said (badly):

I like my building's owner less and less. some of you may remember a rant I wrote a while ago about a massive party taking over my floor of the building. anyway, the police were contacted (by me (indirectly) (I still feel horrible about this)) and there were even arrests made, since that time I have, a. moved to the second floor of the building (and a much better room) b. been accused of calling the police and c. nearly gotten over my hatred for the owner.

then I hear this bit. It turns out that for whatever reason (I have actually forgotten what it was) instead of doing something logical, like actually identifying the people who started the party, it seems my lovely owner decided instead to go through the emails he had received from the Resident Manager and simply evicted a few people who had been disruptive in the slightest.

so what it comes down to is this: My owner is an absolute idiot. And I effectively was responsible for innocent people being kicked out of my building (fuck you mr. owner, I already felt bad enough about getting the police involved in the first place, and now, because you are such an asshole, you have made me into a terrible person, Fuck. You.)
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

roc314
Is dead, and you have killed him

Postby roc314 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:18 am UTC

PatchMonster wrote:I meant traitor to their home country, I'm not a Nazi I swear!
So you are saying they are race traitors, just traitors to their country because they happen to like another culture? How is that an improvement over your previous statement?
I implied that they are traitors since all they do is purchase sushi/japanese books etc
How is that being a traitor? I like Chinese food, am I a traitor? My friend say a foreign film, is he a traitor?
(*NOT ALL ANIME FANS DO THIS*);
Hey, it's okay that I was accusing people of being race traitors, I was only only doing it to a few people.
halfway out of jest and emphasis.
It's also okay because I was joking; it's okay to spread hate so long as you claim it wasn't serious later.
Also, I wasn't over generalizing/putting anime people into a group, I identified a specific rare range of people.
Again, why does the number of people you are accusing make any difference?
I turn my back for a few days and see people accusing me of racism :shock: .
Probably because you were and are being racist.
Hippo: roc is the good little communist that lurks in us all
Richard Stallman: Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics, you can leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone.
suffer-cait: roc's a pretty cool dude

Return to “General”