Blistering blue barnacles

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

addams

Re: ANGRY NATTERINGS

Postby addams » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:58 pm UTC

Anger and Fear are closely related emotions.
I received a mass distributed letter.

It said, "The State will no longer pay for Opiates as pain relief for cancer patients;"
"Because; That population of people die in greater numbers than the general population."

"More people die while taking palliative care than die in car accidents."

says so, in the letter

I think That is the Good News.
They think That is Bad News.
Spoiler:
It is good news because the cars are so much safer, our roads are so much better, our palliative care ...
I'm, just, a little freaked out!
This minor change in Rules/Policy may effect me!
Spoiler:
BiGGLY. (trump joke)
I'm feeling a little helpless.
I will take the letter to a professional, tomorrow.

Worry will not help.
Will it?

Prayer is a kind of Formalized Worry.
Except when it is Formalized Joy and Gratitude.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:40 am UTC

addams wrote:It said, "The State will no longer pay for Opiates as pain relief for cancer patients;"
"Because; That population of people die in greater numbers than the general population."
I don't get it. The death rate is 100%.

Ok, experiments show only that it's a 100% death rate in people that have died, but I feel confident in extrapolating. Is this bad science?

Anyway, one solution is to die in a car accident. Then they can give you opiates, and they will still be effective against cancer.

I'm not sure I recommend that solution. I hope you find a better one.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:19 am UTC

Me, too!

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

eran_rathan
Mostly Wrong

Postby eran_rathan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:24 am UTC

you had one fucking job, America.

wondering if this is how my grandparents felt in 1933.
"Trying to build a proper foundation for knowledge is blippery."
"Squirrels are crazy enough to be test pilots."
"Google tells me you are not unique. You are, however, wrong."
not really Deadpool.

PAstrychef
for all intimate metaphysical encounters

Postby PAstrychef » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:05 am UTC

In 1933 my father was three years old, a Jew in Germany. His family left in 1939. The Jewish population of Germany kept tellling itself that they were Germans, that being Jewish was no big deal. The terror didn't set in for many years. I am very frightened for non Christian communities in the US right now.
Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a puffer fish.

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:07 am UTC

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, AMERICA?

That is all.
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

New User

Postby New User » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:01 am UTC

I'm very amused to see that kind of reaction after every election, ever.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:05 am UTC

For me personally this is the first time I've felt like expressing that sentiment. Of the elections I've been eligible to vote for:

2000: Eh, sometimes the wrong guy wins.
2004: Come on, again, after we've seen him in action?
2008: Hey, finally a change of pace maybe.
2012: I guess it's still better than the alternative.
2016: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, AMERICA?

Of course had this one gone the other way, it still would have only been:

2016: I have never felt so relieved to be only this disappointed.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:38 am UTC

On the bright side, look it's mocha fairy. How are you?
ImageImageImageImageImage

addams

Postby addams » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:45 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
addams wrote:It said, "The State will no longer pay for Opiates as pain relief for cancer patients;"

Ok, experiments show only that it's a 100% death rate in people that have died, but I feel confident in extrapolating. Is this bad science?

Anyway, one solution is to die in a car accident. Then they can give you opiates, and they will still be effective against cancer.

I'm not sure I recommend that solution. I hope you find a better one.

Jose
I panicked and read the letter Wrong.
Cancer patients are exempt from the New Rules.

So; I'm ok, for now.
People with broken ribs, pneumothorax or major surgery may have problems.
Opiates have been with us a long Time.
Spoiler:
Who will advocate for the suffering?
The letter said something about Meditation and Acupuncture.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:34 am UTC

ucim wrote:

Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:42 am UTC

Video games have increased world mortality rates exponentially.
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
rath358 wrote:manually adding a long list of swear words to my dictionary worked.

New User

Postby New User » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:04 am UTC

I'd consider that graphic joke funnier with a space for the current year, with NO DATA.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:14 am UTC

Weeks wrote:Video games have increased world mortality rates exponentially.

Is it really exponential growth? Maybe every time you kill someone in a video game, that event creates a brand new video game, and an AI starts playing and killing people in the new video game, which creates more games, ad infinitum.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:32 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:
Weeks wrote:Video games have increased world mortality rates exponentially.

Is it really exponential growth? Maybe every time you kill someone in a video game, that event creates a brand new video game, and an AI starts playing and killing people in the new video game, which creates more games, ad infinitum.

If you remove the video game killing part and replace it with Worlds;
Then people that are smarter than I am say your explanation is 'spot on'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzKWfw68M5U

(shrug) May you make the best of and have a ton of fun in our flat little Universe.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Wonderbolt

Postby Wonderbolt » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:33 am UTC

It's been a few days, and I still can't tell whether the US election result just isn't affecting me that much ultimately or whether it still needs to hit me. I'm sort of walking around in a daze all day, and I just wish my brain could implode already and get the shitfeels over with.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:38 am UTC

Wonderbolt wrote:It's been a few days, and I still can't tell whether the US election result just isn't affecting me that much ultimately or whether it still needs to hit me. I'm sort of walking around in a daze all day, and I just wish my brain could implode already and get the shitfeels over with.

Hugs help.
I was given one.
I'll pass it on to you.

Here:
lmjb1964 wrote:For addams: Image
Passed on to Wonderbolt.

Is it better, now?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Jumble

Postby Jumble » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:22 pm UTC

I didn’t sleep well last night. I’ve been travelling the Middle East all week, watching news broadcasts of the Trump victory in Arabic. Until I came home yesterday I don’t think I had really processed how comprehensively negative this result is, for me, for my family, for the values I hold important and for the society I live in. I woke at 5am this morning (thank you jet lag) and lay in bed, attempting to think of the silver lining, the one redeeming feature of Donald J Trump. I failed.

This forum has often discussed the arrogance, the bullying, the serial adultery, the serial bankruptcy, the overt racism and the discrimination on the grounds of colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, education or anything else that Trump finds inconvenient to his world view and his lifelong pursuit of self-aggrandisement. I nearly forgot the massive tax evasion and the advocacy of torture. I have researched these claims and I find them supported by evidence. I don’t need to add anything to the comments of many on this forum. However, there are two points that I personally would like to consider in more depth.

A key point that I can not get past is the objectification of women. I am sure I am biased and I see this as far worse than his many other failings because I am a father of two daughters. I have done my best to bring them up to know that they need not hide, that they have every right to every benefit that Y-chromosome possessors would have. That they can look how they want, dress how they want and how they look is completely irrelevant to what they can do and achieve. The fact that an individual on record as demeaning, degrading and boasting of sexually assaulting women is even eligible for election to the most important position on the planet is a huge injustice. That faced with the repeated allegations of rape he is not in court defending himself against serious criminal charges demonstrates how far we still have to go in addressing the legal system’s discrimination against women. I will do everything in my power to hold people with Trumps attitude to woman accountable for their crimes. I owe this to my daughters and their future.

Secondly, Trump seems to stand against everything I hold as evidence that the human race has made some progress over the last few hundred years. Human rights, international courts, antarctic accords, mutual regional defence, planet-wide action against climate change, every occasion when people and nations have put the common good ahead of their personal or localised gain is under threat from this man. He is taking a life based on greed and self interest and raising it to a national policy. He is also trying to make a virtue out of being ill-informed reactionary and bigoted.

Before the insults come in, I am not part of some liberal elite, because I’m not elite. I’m a civil servant who manages every penny to get to the end of the month. I have no high-level connections, no financial investment and no comfortable family background. However,I readily admit to being an educated liberal. I’m not excessively intelligent but I took the opportunities that came up and when I start something I have the tenacity of crab-grass. So, I wound up with the tools for research and critical thinking, for evaluating both sides of an argument. I tend not to go with gut instinct, or what looks like the easy option, because experience has taught me that is the path to pain for yourself or others. Thanks to the growing rejection of liberal democracy (in the UK, the US and the developing trends in the EU), this is now looked down upon as elitist and out of touch with the common people. Well, I don’t care, because the alternative, knee-jerk, narrow minded, bigoted promotion of self-interest without thought for the consequences or others, is not the authentic voice of some forgotten proletariat. It’s just plain wrong.

I feel very sorry for those in the US who are aware of the enormity of the mistake that was just made. Trump promised ‘Brexit times ten’ and thats what was voted for. If our experience in the UK is anything to go by then every racist, every religious extremist, every white supremacist and every bigot will draw heart from this and believe that their views are now mainstream. They will crawl out from their holes and from under their rocks and wave their hateful opinions in your faces. Hate crime will rise as it has in the UK. When you try to argue them down they will tell you that you are not listening to the people, and they are ‘tired of experts’. You must keep calling them out. They can not be allowed to win, in the US, the UK or elsewhere.

I am angry. I am furious. My children are growing rapidly to adulthood in a world that we are in the process of screwing up for them. I will not accept this. I will not put up with it, or make the best of it or hope he makes a success of his presidency. I do not have to give him a chance. I will fight him and those like him, not with violence but with ideas and determination. I will hold the Trumps, the Farages, the Le Pens and all of that clan accountable for every gross injustice they commit, I will not forgive or forget and I hope to see the day that they all fail and are swept from history. Perhaps we became complacent. It’s time that those who believe our species can build a better future for itself stand up and fight for hope over hate.

EDIT: I know, TLDR
Last edited by Jumble on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Giant Speck wrote:You're a demon! DEMON!!!!

Oregonaut wrote:CURSE YOU VILLAIN!!
PhoenixEnigma wrote:Jumble is either the best or worst Santa ever, and I can't figure out which. Possibly both.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:57 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Jumble wrote:I didn’t sleep well last night. I’ve been travelling the Middle East all week, watching news broadcasts of the Trump victory in Arabic. Until I came hope yesterday I don’t think I had really processed how comprehensively negative this result is, for me, for my family, for the values I hold important and for the society I live in. I woke at 5am this morning (thank you jet lag) and lay in bed, attempting to think of the silver lining, the one redeeming feature of Donald J Trump. I failed.

This forum has often discussed the arrogance, the bullying, the serial adultery, the serial bankruptcy, the overt racism and the discrimination on the grounds of colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, education or anything else that Trump finds inconvenient to his world view and his lifelong pursuit of self-aggrandisement. I nearly forgot the massive tax evasion and the advocacy of torture. I have researched these claims and I find them supported by evidence. I don’t need to add anything to the comments of many on this forum. However, there are two points that I personally would like to consider in more depth.

A key point that I can not get past is the objectification of women. I am sure I am biased and I see this as far worse than his many other failings because I am a father of two daughters. I have done my best to bring them up to know that they need not hide, that they have every right to every benefit that Y-chromosome possessors would have. That they can look how they want, dress how they want and how they look is completely irrelevant to what they can do and achieve. The fact that an individual on record as demeaning, degrading and boasting of sexually assaulting women is even eligible for election to the most important position on the planet is a huge injustice. That faced with the repeated allegations of rape he is not in court defending himself against serious criminal charges demonstrates how far we still have to go in addressing the legal system’s discrimination against women. I will do everything in my power to hold people with Trumps attitude to woman accountable for their crimes. I owe this to my daughters and their future.

Secondly, Trump seems to stand against everything I hold as evidence that the human race has made some progress over the last few hundred years. Human rights, international courts, antarctic accords, mutual regional defence, planet-wide action against climate change, every occasion when people and nations have put the common good ahead of their personal or localised gain is under threat from this man. He is taking a life based on greed and self interest and raising it to a national policy. He is also trying to make a virtue out of being ill-informed reactionary and bigoted.

Before the insults come in, I am not part of some liberal elite, because I’m not elite. I’m a civil servant who manages every penny to get to the end of the month. I have no high-level connections, no financial investment and no comfortable family background. However,I readily admit to being an educated liberal. I’m not excessively intelligent but I took the opportunities that came up and when I start something I have the tenacity of crab-grass. So, I wound up with the tools for research and critical thinking, for evaluating both sides of an argument. I tend not to go with gut instinct, or what looks like the easy option, because experience has taught me that is the path to pain for yourself or others. Thanks to the growing rejection of liberal democracy (in the UK, the US and the developing trends in the EU), this is now looked down upon as elitist and out of touch with the common people. Well, I don’t care, because the alternative, knee-jerk, narrow minded, bigoted promotion of self-interest without thought for the consequences or others, is not the authentic voice of some forgotten proletariat. It’s just plain wrong.

I feel very sorry for those in the US who are aware of the enormity of the mistake that was just made. Trump promised ‘Brexit times ten’ and thats what was voted for. If our experience in the UK is anything to go by then every racist, every religious extremist, every white supremacist and every bigot will draw heart from this and believe that their views are now mainstream. They will crawl out from their holes and from under their rocks and wave their hateful opinions in your faces. Hate crime will rise as it has in the UK. When you try to argue them down they will tell you that you are not listening to the people, and they are ‘tired of experts’. You must keep calling them out. They can not be allowed to win, in the US, the UK or elsewhere.

I am angry. I am furious. My children are growing rapidly to adulthood in a world that we are in the process of screwing up for them. I will not accept this. I will not put up with it, or make the best of it or hope he makes a success of his presidency. I do not have to give him a chance. I will fight him and those like him, not with violence but with ideas and determination. I will hold the Trumps, the Farages, the Le Pens and all of that clan accountable for every gross injustice they commit, I will not forgive or forget and I hope to see the day that they all fail and are swept from history. Perhaps we became complacent. It’s time that those who believe our species can build a better future for itself stand up and fight for hope over hate.

Jumble Wrote
Like President Elect Trump said, "Wrong".

I read every word.
Each one was a salve for my broken heart.

While tears wet my face, you made me laugh.
I have the tenacity of crab-grass.
My relationship to crab-grass has been forever changed.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Jumble

Postby Jumble » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:07 pm UTC

Addams, thank you.

I believe you are one who sees the stars.
Spoiler:

PhoenixEnigma wrote:Jumble is either the best or worst Santa ever, and I can't figure out which. Possibly both.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:21 pm UTC

I read the whole thing too. Shame you don't have a spare £1k a month kicking around or I'd be asking you to hire me. I have some skill with map, compass, SCUBA kit, rifle, pistol, motorcycle, car, light truck (and trailer), R22 helicopter, sword, longbow and sailing dinghy, I'm an expert skier and I speak a little Arabic. Got any openings doing useful things for the greater good?
I don't know and have no opinion.

Jumble

Postby Jumble » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:16 am UTC

I think you'll find that's not my team. We do diplomacy. I understand that is diplomacy by other means.

However, thanks for the offer.
Spoiler:

eSOANEM
:D

Postby eSOANEM » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:37 pm UTC

Two weeks ago, my grandparents were in a car crash; my granddad was relatively ok, spending a couple of nights in hospital with broken to s but then being discharged and moreorless being back to his usual self a few days later; my grandma was somewhat less so and had to be airlifted to a London hospital for internal bleeding (particularly bad because she's on warfarin) and more extensive bone breakages, the surgery went well but she was then put in an induced coma whilst that all healed. She's now woken up and been moved out of intensive care into high dependency and so I had been planning to visit her today.

Well, I forgot it was remembrance day and one of the key junctions on my way to the station has a war memorial and was closed for a service. This meant that I missed the train I'd planned to get and got a (slightly) slow train 10 mins later which goes a different route. Turns out there was "an anomaly" on the tracks just ahead of us so we were held up for the best part of an hour at a station in the middle of buttfuck nowhere with no phone signal before being told we need to double back about another half hour and wait for an enormous fleet of replacement bus services. So now my parents (who I'd been going to meet) are driving up to Stevenage to fetch me and then either driving me to London to go ahead with the visit or just give up and take me back to Cambridge.

I don't normally get stressed with travel and I'm not really stressed or anxious about it but this fucking sucks. The timing is so bad.
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:56 pm UTC

Delivering food parcels and first aid kits and getting casualties to hospitals is also diplomacy by other means.

Jumble

Postby Jumble » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:34 pm UTC

Very good point, and well made. We work with DfID for that sort of humanitarian support, and I understand they work through Red Crescent and other local aid services. It's rough and dangerous work, but hugely important. I have total respect for them, their risk and sacrifice. Someone want to explain to Trump that is what sacrifice looks like?

eSOANEM: my thoughts are with you. I hope your Granparents both recover quickly and well.
Spoiler:

eSOANEM
:D

Postby eSOANEM » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:24 pm UTC

Thanks, it took me 6 hours to get there but it was good. She's out of her bed now and sitting in a chair and they're talking about moving her out of high dependency into a general ward in the next few days which will be good.

We were able to talk pretty well and she asked after my partner (who she hasn't actually met yet, only seen photos of). She's still a little loopy from the opiates (she said an itch on her bottom was probably my granddad tickling her) but mostly pretty with it.

Also, plus side of being delayed was I ended up overlapping with my granddad's visit to see her (I hadn't even realised he was seeing her today) so I got to see him as well and if I hadn't known I might not have even realised he still had broken ribs and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he ends up going caroling with the band this December with his cornet.

Basically now that I've been retrieved from Stevenage, done the visit and been taken back home, the stress is gone and they're both doing remarkably well.
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:52 pm UTC

suffer-cait wrote:On the bright side, look it's mocha fairy. How are you?

I am alive, by some miracle. I made a baby and it cries and makes big, stinky messes, and the kittens are not entirely certain what to make of this new, furless kitten in the house.

How are you?

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:52 pm UTC

Congratulations on the new stinker.
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:08 pm UTC

I have been bitten by many mosquitoes in Vietnam. I'll probably die. Congrats on babby! Assuming you intend to keep it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

eran_rathan
Mostly Wrong

Postby eran_rathan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:08 pm UTC

Very tempted to quit work now. Boss continually makes me feel like shit for his failings as a manager, expects me to work 12-14 hour days, and I'm literally sick because of stress. No back up plan though, and no savings to make it through until Spring, and I am sole breadwinner in the house.

This is a really shitty situation. I don't want to work here any more.
"Trying to build a proper foundation for knowledge is blippery."
"Squirrels are crazy enough to be test pilots."
"Google tells me you are not unique. You are, however, wrong."
not really Deadpool.

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:15 pm UTC

We're keeping him, even if he does have blow out poopy diapers. :P

I'll move baby convo over to the women thread.

Also, mosquitoes suck.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:29 pm UTC

mochafairy wrote:We're keeping him, even if he does have blow out poopy diapers. :P

I'll move baby convo over to the women thread.

Also, mosquitoes suck.
We have a parenting thread as well now too! (Not that you're not welcome to use the women thread, but wasnt sure if you'd seen it. Would link, but posting from phone. It should be on the first page of general though and has 'parent' and 'gush' in the title for ctrl-f
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

Fractal_Tangent
Today is my Birthday!

Postby Fractal_Tangent » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:03 pm UTC

eSOANEM wrote:
right now, that means it's Nazi punching time.

she/her/hers
=]

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:44 pm UTC

Thank you!

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:31 pm UTC

)

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

K-R

Postby K-R » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 pm UTC

Twice in the last three weeks, I've received an email from Steam saying a login was attempted, with my correct name and password, from a new device, asking me to confirm it was me.

Which is fortunate, because it wasn't. Either time. And yes, I changed my password in between.

Flumble
Yes Man

Postby Flumble » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:10 pm UTC

K-R wrote:And yes, I changed my password in between.

That's really suspicious.
Do the passwords (especially the newer one) differ enough from each other and all other accounts you have?
Did you enter the passwords only in the official steam client? Or did you also enter and save them in your browser or other program?
Did you run a malware scan?

K-R

Postby K-R » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:43 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:Do the passwords (especially the newer one) differ enough from each other and all other accounts you have?
Did you enter the passwords only in the official steam client? Or did you also enter and save them in your browser or other program?
Generated them via 1Password.

Did you run a malware scan?
Clean.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:26 pm UTC

I cannot physically find a way of using a computer which doesn't make me feel ill within minutes. Right now I am lying in bed backwards with my legs tucked up against the headboard. It far from ideal but this is the first time I have been on the Internet in months.
My body only deals in extremes of posture: entirely vertical, or entirely horizontal. Anything in between and I soon start to feel like I'm suffocating. I get a choice between standing around all day or staying in bed.

At least you can read a book at any angle.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:04 am UTC

IANAD but that sounds like something in the abdomen putting pressure on the diaphragm. You breathe using the muscles around the diaphragm to pull it down flat and those around your intestines to squeeze them up against it. You breathe hard using the muscles between your ribs to swing them forwards and up then down and back. Anything pressing on the diaphragm from underneath, directly or indirectly, would reduce lung volume.

Guessing from your post that moving yuor head relative to your shoulders or bending your knees isn't the issue, it's posture at the abdomen that's the problem, I'd say get that checked out. Could be a lot of things, but shouldn't be happening anyway.

Return to “General”