Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Account20151023

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Account20151023 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:36 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:Oh, felltir, you stupid prick. Why the FUCK did you do that. It's everywhere. And you were doing so well 'till the other night...

I'm sorry dude. I hope it gets righted for you somehow.

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:02 am UTC

The fact that a conversation takes place on the internet does not somehow make it "trivial" or "unimportant". Not everything people do online is "playing". I'm having an extremely important conversation about weighty personal matters and intellectual issues. If I were sitting next to the person having this conversation, you wouldn't dare bother me with anything unless absolutely necessary. However, since I'm on the computer, anything I do is automatically dismissed with, "Oh, you're just playing on the computer."

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:36 am UTC

*hugs Felltir*
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:37 am UTC

*hugs moo.* danke.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 am UTC

ParanoidAndroid wrote:The fact that a conversation takes place on the internet does not somehow make it "trivial" or "unimportant". Not everything people do online is "playing". I'm having an extremely important conversation about weighty personal matters and intellectual issues. If I were sitting next to the person having this conversation, you wouldn't dare bother me with anything unless absolutely necessary. However, since I'm on the computer, anything I do is automatically dismissed with, "Oh, you're just playing on the computer."

Seconded.
Ptolom wrote:penis

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:40 am UTC

I Am Raven wrote:
ParanoidAndroid wrote:The fact that a conversation takes place on the internet does not somehow make it "trivial" or "unimportant". Not everything people do online is "playing". I'm having an extremely important conversation about weighty personal matters and intellectual issues. If I were sitting next to the person having this conversation, you wouldn't dare bother me with anything unless absolutely necessary. However, since I'm on the computer, anything I do is automatically dismissed with, "Oh, you're just playing on the computer."

Seconded.

Thirded! But i let the person interrupting realize their error. And then ignore them.... bastards
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Raiku

Postby Raiku » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:10 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:Oh, felltir, you stupid prick. Why the FUCK did you do that. It's everywhere. And you were doing so well 'till the other night...

That could be really mis-interpreted...

My bloody house! The doors keep slamming, and my rabbit keeps pissing everywhere, and my tortoise shits everywhere, and now I slipped on the stairs on the way down from the toilet because they're too old!!! And I can't replace them 'cause my dad won't let me... damn...

felltir

Postby felltir » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:12 pm UTC

Raiku wrote:

That could be really mis-interpreted...

How?
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!

Blog

he/him/his

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:13 pm UTC

I believe it to be somewhat associated with the "It's everywhere."
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

felltir

Postby felltir » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:19 pm UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:I believe it to be somewhat associated with the "It's everywhere."

ahhhh...

Nope. Still don't get it.
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:25 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:
michaelandjimi wrote:I believe it to be somewhat associated with the "It's everywhere."

ahhhh...

Nope. Still don't get it.

I think it involves sperm, but I'm not sure...(!!!!)
Ptolom wrote:penis

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:25 pm UTC

Neither do I

felltir

Postby felltir » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:26 pm UTC

Oh. OH.

Yeah, I nearly drown in it everytime. It's EPIC.
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:31 pm UTC

Well, there's two possible meanings I can see:

1) You've been trying not to masturbate for a while but caved, and "it" has gone everywhere.
or something altogether more grim
b) Self injury

felltir

Postby felltir » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:38 pm UTC

Nail. Head. You. Have. Impacted.
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:42 pm UTC

Ok I get that it took a little while for me to learn the ropes here (at work). But STOP acting like i am new still. There are 3 newer people than me now. Yes i spent all last night alone here. Yes things went crazy, and yes i did a good job. STOP SOUNDING SO SHOCKED!

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:34 pm UTC

My insurance. Why. The. Fuck. is my premium going up because I had the misfortune of being at the front of a 3-car pileup at a traffic light? Some occurrence I had no control over makes me a riskier driver? Yeah, that makes a lot of fucking sense. Should I just not drive? Apparently I make quite the appealing target to other drivers. It's not like you even had to pay a fucking dime. You know, since IT WASN'T MY FUCKING FAULT. The other driver's insurance paid for the repairs. And they were minor, not that it matters much. So, really, I did nothing wrong, I helped make sure a police report got filled out so there was a good record of what happened, and you're penalizing me? Piss off you fuck-knuckles. You can bet your greed asses I'll be going elsewhere as soon as the policy lapses. Already did research and found better insurance with more coverage for less. Oh, and guess what, they're not penalizing me for SOMETHING THAT WASN'T MY FAULT.

That is all.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:56 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:My insurance. Why. The. Fuck. is my premium going up because I had the misfortune of being at the front of a 3-car pileup at a traffic light? Some occurrence I had no control over makes me a riskier driver? Yeah, that makes a lot of fucking sense. Should I just not drive? Apparently I make quite the appealing target to other drivers. It's not like you even had to pay a fucking dime. You know, since IT WASN'T MY FUCKING FAULT. The other driver's insurance paid for the repairs. And they were minor, not that it matters much. So, really, I did nothing wrong, I helped make sure a police report got filled out so there was a good record of what happened, and you're penalizing me? Piss off you fuck-knuckles. You can bet your greed asses I'll be going elsewhere as soon as the policy lapses. Already did research and found better insurance with more coverage for less. Oh, and guess what, they're not penalizing me for SOMETHING THAT WASN'T MY FAULT.

That is all.

Unfortunately this is the only way they will listen. Leaving them. At least you have done the research and have a plan. I am guessing that most people would be upset, but do nothing.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:40 pm UTC

People who bash iPods, and people who bash anything that's not an iPod.

GRR. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I own an 8GB Video Nano. Lovely iPod. Easy to use, great sound quality, good video quality, good battery life, got it nearly a year ago, still no problems. I hate it when some shithead says, "Oh me yarm WHAI U USE IPOD IT R SOO GHEY" and then go on a rant about iTunes and how the iPod's battery is bad and the sound quality and some other shit...

IT'S A MUSIC PLAYER. I have used lots of non-iPods before, and I prefer not having to pay for new batteries every few days. I listen to music pretty much constantly, and I like my money.

And then there's the iPod snobs who diss anything that's not an iPod. WHAT.

IT'S A MUSIC PLAYER.

This is just another Mac vs PC, or 360 vs PS3, or other fucking petty rivalry. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. LIVE WITH IT. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES.

End of rant.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:01 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:
Spoiler:
People who bash iPods, and people who bash anything that's not an iPod.

GRR. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I own an 8GB Video Nano. Lovely iPod. Easy to use, great sound quality, good video quality, good battery life, got it nearly a year ago, still no problems. I hate it when some shithead says, "Oh me yarm WHAI U USE IPOD IT R SOO GHEY" and then go on a rant about iTunes and how the iPod's battery is bad and the sound quality and some other shit...

IT'S A MUSIC PLAYER. I have used lots of non-iPods before, and I prefer not having to pay for new batteries every few days. I listen to music pretty much constantly, and I like my money.

And then there's the iPod snobs who diss anything that's not an iPod. WHAT.

IT'S A MUSIC PLAYER.

This is just another Mac vs PC, or 360 vs PS3, or other fucking petty rivalry. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. LIVE WITH IT. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES.

End of rant.

I think your rant can be condensed to two words: "Fuck fanboys."
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:27 pm UTC

FUCK MY LIFE.

AWFUL DAY BEGINNING AT 5:45 A.M.
Spoiler:
First my alarm doesn't go off, so I'm late getting up and have 5 minutes to get ready for work.
Then my Mom's IDIOT friend burns me with a fucking cigarette because he's careless and I have a HUGE fucking red blotch on my neck.
Coast Guard security check but my BOSS didn't give me a badge, so I had to hide in the fitting room for 15 minutes.
Then that fucking idiot called ME because the person at the booth couldn't find his reservation.
I was supposed to get out at 12, not 12:40.
I had almost no help on the phones and they were SLAMMED.

I feel so much better now.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:32 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:FUCK MY LIFE.

AWFUL DAY BEGINNING AT 5:45 A.M.
Spoiler:
First my alarm doesn't go off, so I'm late getting up and have 5 minutes to get ready for work.
Then my Mom's IDIOT friend burns me with a fucking cigarette because he's careless and I have a HUGE fucking red blotch on my neck.
Coast Guard security check but my BOSS didn't give me a badge, so I had to hide in the fitting room for 15 minutes.
Then that fucking idiot called ME because the person at the booth couldn't find his reservation.
I was supposed to get out at 12, not 12:40.
I had almost no help on the phones and they were SLAMMED.

I feel so much better now.

Sorry you had a shit day. I hope tomorrow is better. HUGS!

Account20151023

Postby Account20151023 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:15 pm UTC

Gojoe: your new avatar. Is very awesome.

Okay, so I painted my hair blue last night, and now I finally got to feel what all my black friends keep telling me about. That feeling that when you go into a place, everyone stares at you weird, everyone treats you different, and there's just this whole vibe of distrust. Like, I was in an Ace Hardware place, and people kept either seeing me in an aisle and not entering until I left or leaving when I went in. The employees tried to avoid me. No one actually did anything antagonistic, but you could definitely tell. This, so far, has been an amazing social experiment.

People are dicks.

cataclysmic

Postby cataclysmic » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:57 am UTC

[not-at-rant]

It's a little while back, but Quixotess' rant about the skimpiness of female athletes' uniforms made an impression, because I was watching the women's heptathlon hurdles yesterday, and was very impressed by the Indian womens' uniforms. I couldn't find any pics on my brief google safari that demonstrate it, but their uniforms were pretty much the same as the mens': the pants weren't skin tight, and were pants rather than underwear; the singlets covered the whole torso, and similarly weren't skintight.

Yay!

[/not-a-rant]
Belial wrote:
Noc wrote:I direct ire at the English Language, the bastardized and half-French monstrosity it is, for not distinguishing between singular and plural second-person possessives.
"All y'all's moms."

You're welcome.

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:02 am UTC

{Rant}
My mum drining herself stupid, firstly by going out for a coworkers leaving do, where she drank a rather large amount, coming home and then drinking a bottle of wine to herself. Then, if that wasn't enough, drinking an entire wine glass-full of 40% proof whiskey, which incidentally, was mine to begin with, which I bought with my own money.

Yes, it's her bloody liver, but I don't want to see her bloody well kill herself with a god-damn drinking habit! She keeps saying for me to stop her from drinking. Well, I bloody try, but it's bloody difficult when she keeps buying herself drink! What am I s'posed to do, physically stop her from drinking?!?! Yeah, because that'll go down well....

{/Rant}
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

Socal Swimmer

Postby Socal Swimmer » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:37 am UTC

3fj wrote:Hah.
My dad got pissed and told me he cheated on my mum.

He hasn't told anyone else.

Yay, right?

Fucking cunt.

holy crap.

That sucks, doubly so that he had to burden you with it. Was he pissed at you?

On another note , am I the only one that doesn't really mind seeing those uniforms? I mean it's not the main reason for watching the olympics, but it gives a nice distraction during down times.

Also, fuck fake love. Twilight Is boring if you aren't drooling over Edward.
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.

I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:43 am UTC

I was writing a long long looong rant, but then I changed my mind. There's just too much to cover.

Fuck people, fuck people letting other people be idiots. Fuck push-overs and people who push others over.
And can someone please exchange my brain for someone elses? I really hate how it's working right now.

I really wish I could mutilate a certain person right now without there being any concequences.

That about sums it up.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Antimony-120
Location: Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat.

Postby Antimony-120 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:50 am UTC

Dear University:

Look, I don't mind acknowledging that there's only about 30 of us in Physics. This is fine, and dandy, and all that crap. I don't even mind that our schedules are not your top priority, and so won't be particularly nice to look at. I don't even mind that you only have one section for each of my classes.

What I do mind is that you've clearly written that I have a choice between two different classes for my degree. but there's a problem, because it's in the same time-slot as one of my required classes. Now I could take the watered down version of the same class, but I don't want to. Now I don't know how on earth you plan to FILL that advanced class, since the only people who have the pre-reqs for it are us Physics majors and the Math majors, and the physics majors can't get to it.

I've sent you a calm, nice, non-threatening letter asking whether I'm missing something here. I'm giving you about a week to respond. I understand you're understaffed and underpaid, but I need to know this so I can register. Please don't fuck this up or I will spend my week of vacation making your week a living hell.
Wolydarg wrote:That was like a roller coaster of mathematical reasoning. Problems! Solutions! More problems!

****************Signature Dehosted, New Signature Under Construction************************

scowdich
The Hedgehog

Postby scowdich » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:27 am UTC

Hey! Windows guy! You know who you are...the guy who decided it was okay for Automatic Updates to just go ahead and reboot my computer, especially right in the middle of a game. Yeah, you!
GO DIE IN A FIRE!

Dropzone

Postby Dropzone » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:14 pm UTC

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:20 pm UTC

WORK. SUCKS.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:32 pm UTC

Why do I have to feel this way?
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:33 pm UTC

Because hormones are stupid. Throw rocks at them.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:37 pm UTC

*throws rocks at everyone*
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

jerome_bc

Postby jerome_bc » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

Warning: the following rants are rather long and somewhat trivial

Rant 1: I was in Japan for the last three weeks. I met nice people in Kyoto, we went out to a Karaoke and had a lot of fun.. Turns out one of the girl with whom I got along very well will be in Tokyo at the same time as me one week later, so we promise to meet there. I don`t write down her address because I already have the address of a girl who has it. I send her a e-mail asking for the address of the first girl, and a message on myspace 2 days later just to be safe (in case my e-mail ended up in her junk mail or something). After that I check my e-mail and myspace everyday, but she never answers. That`s what I thought, anyway. I was quite disappointed that I wasnt able to meet with the girl, I was really looking forward to that. Today I check my myspace inbox... I`ve just received her answer. Dated August 10th. I was in Tokyo from the 10th to the 15th, and I checked my inbox everyday. Fuck. You. Myspace.

Rant 2: Dear sister. Stop criticizing me all the time behind my back. You may think that I have no life (not her words, but it boils down to that), but that`s your opinion and I stopped gving a shit about your opinion concerning my life a long time ago (she knows it, that`s probably why she complains to my father instead of telling me)

Yesterday I overheard her saying something like "did he get off the ps2 since he came back from japan except for eating and sleeping?" (I did play the ps2 a lot, but I don`t consider that a problem). Of course my father was like "let him be..." (something to do with me being his son and the unconditional acceptance of your children, I guess (I know its not true of all parents but its true of mine)). Typically then she gets angry because my parents are "taking my side". Fucking grow up, you`re 21. As a side note, it`s not because I am downstairs that I dont hear you talking in the kitchen right up the stairs.

Also, it shouldn`t be a suprise to you that I avoid you considering that the only reasons you talk to me are asking a favor or giving me advice*

*Criticizing me

Amoeba

Postby Amoeba » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

It is an MP3 player. PLAYER. Not an MP3. That is different. And iPod is not a catch-all term for MP3 players. This should be clear, even to you.
Jesus Christ you have confused me

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Amoeba wrote:It is an MP3 player. PLAYER. Not an MP3. That is different. And iPod is not a catch-all term for MP3 players. This should be clear, even to you.

When i worked in an electronics shop, i said pretty much the exact same thing to a few customers... they were not impressed

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:07 pm UTC

I want one of those Creative Zen iPods.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Socal Swimmer

Postby Socal Swimmer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:49 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:I want one of those Creative Zen iPods.

Me too! Those mp3's are sweet.
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.

I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:05 am UTC

Moo wrote:WORK. SUCKS.

no wai... my job is teh awesome. I just wish i could leave uni and work full time again.

Why do people I am forced to do groupwork with reply to an email I sent them to say hi and organise a meeting for this afternon respond saying hi, then wait until this morning to email me again and tell me that they actually work during the day and cannot make it until afterwards.

Incidentally, I have a 3 hour lecture after this class, and we have to have this meeting today (we have to submit a bunch of stuff tonight).

I hate people.

Return to “General”