Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Pirate.Bondage

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:52 am UTC

This has been the worst fucking year of my life.

I apologize for all of my supressed anger.

Thanks for the hugs. <3
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:40 am UTC

Cheese wrote:
thecommabandit wrote:Who the hell came up with this stupid theory that there's only ever seven plots in the history of storytelling? That's completely idiotic. Plots can be simple and they can be very, very complicated. Saying only seven ever exist is a gigantic, moronic over-simplification. You can't simplify complex plots, it doesn't work like that.
On seven plots: I'd say that if you have to be so minimalist, it's seven themes, at least one of which will be present (maybe prominent) in every story. But I hate the idea of seven plots too, so I'll just stick to saying Fuck Those Arseholes. And not in the Hey-Ho, let's have some anal sex kind of way.

Yeah. Some people are just idiots who don't actually know what the word 'plot' means. This is a good article on the subject.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:49 am UTC

Okay, you know what never actually happens? People saying "I won't be continuing this argument anymore" and then not continuing this argument anymore.

Which is why it's really annoying when people do say that, because goddammit you just know they're coming back, you just know it, but at the same time it would be rude of you to respond to their arguments when they're supposedly not there anymore.

But the worst is when they say "I'm so done here BUT BEFORE I LEAVE HERE IS THIS LONG ARGUMENT BECAUSE I HAVE A PATHOLOGICAL NEED TO HAVE THE LAST WORD." That is a seriously dishonest form of argumentation because it denies the other party the opportunity to respond. It's a sneaky, dirty way of making an argument that's immune to refutation. If you are leaving the argument, just say "I don't think I can continue this discussion anymore" and leave it at that. Putting in a last point in the same breath as loudly announcing "ALSO I'M OUT OF HERE THIS ARGUMENT IS POINTLESS" is just...it makes you a bad person, okay?

Then when the discussion has moved on and their points stand untouched, they always come back. They always come back and resume the discussion and it drives me crazy. Why do people continue to do this? Don't make that promise unless you can keep it.

Jerkasses.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:55 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:Okay, you know what never actually happens? People saying "I won't be continuing this argument anymore" and then not continuing this argument anymore.
I may have been guilty of this in the past (I'm not sure that I've said 'I'm not continuing this argument, but I've certainly thought it and come close) and I never intend to come back and continue arguing, but I just can't help myself. So I tend to put this one down to weak-willedness rather than hypocrisy.
Quixotess wrote:But the worst is when they say "I'm so done here BUT BEFORE I LEAVE HERE IS THIS LONG ARGUMENT BECAUSE I HAVE A PATHOLOGICAL NEED TO HAVE THE LAST WORD."
I think the worst is the people who do this (or something very close,) but don't start by saying that they are done, instead start by saying 'this argument is over and finished and should continue' and then go on with more argument.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 am UTC

JayDee wrote:
Quixotess wrote:Okay, you know what never actually happens? People saying "I won't be continuing this argument anymore" and then not continuing this argument anymore.
I may have been guilty of this in the past (I'm not sure that I've said 'I'm not continuing this argument, but I've certainly thought it and come close) and I never intend to come back and continue arguing, but I just can't help myself. So I tend to put this one down to weak-willedness rather than hypocrisy.

That's totally different though, because the act of announcing that you will no longer be arguing is what shuts down further responses, which is my problem here. That is, I'd still refute your points if you were just thinking that you probably weren't interested in arguing with me anymore, and so your points would get addressed. But it's awfully rude to continue to argue with someone who's said that they won't be available to respond, so if you tell me "hey, I'm done here" that comes with the implied corollary "so you shouldn't bother addressing my points."

It's actually not a problem to say "I can't continue this discussion" as long as you a) don't try to get in the last word and b) don't come back later. (Obviously you can come back to a thread if the topic has changed and you don't change it back or treat your points as proven/unrefuted.) Either one of those is dishonest, but people still can't seem to stop themselves.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:48 am UTC

Apologize in advance for this:

Spoiler:
YOU STUPID BITCH I HATE YOU! YOU FUCKING LIAR! Last night you were all "oh you're my daughter, I love you" SO FULL OF SHIT! HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME THIS MORNING? YOU WON'T EVEN LISTEN TO ME!

FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU BITCH! YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF! Maybe I should tell DAD about your fucking BOYFRIEND! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU! You don't care about me. You're selfish and cruel. You LIED TO ME! FUCK YOU! I HOPE YOU FUCKING CHOKE YOU STUPID BITCH! DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:27 am UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:Apologize in advance for this:

Spoiler:
YOU STUPID BITCH I HATE YOU! YOU FUCKING LIAR! Last night you were all "oh you're my daughter, I love you" SO FULL OF SHIT! HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME THIS MORNING? YOU WON'T EVEN LISTEN TO ME!

FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU BITCH! YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF! Maybe I should tell DAD about your fucking BOYFRIEND! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU! You don't care about me. You're selfish and cruel. You LIED TO ME! FUCK YOU! I HOPE YOU FUCKING CHOKE YOU STUPID BITCH! DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN.

I know a random hug from a random internet guy probably won't help, but here it is. *hugs*. I hope it works out.

Rant of my own:
My relationship is no matter to you, if I wanted to tell you thing, I would. I'm only civil with you because you're going out with one of my better friends, so butt the hell out of my personal life. I don't ask you about your relationship, as messed up as it is. Go back to your "internal burning" and stay the hell away me. Everything about you bugs me, I don't know how you got my number, I don't care if you act all high and mighty, because you're not.

Leave me alone. Now.

/Rant
Last edited by Lolsaur on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:36 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:35 am UTC

Thank you, it does help. I'm alright just pissed.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:

Okita
Staying Alive

Postby Okita » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:00 pm UTC

Which is why it's really annoying when people do say that, because goddammit you just know they're coming back, you just know it, but at the same time it would be rude of you to respond to their arguments when they're supposedly not there anymore.

But the worst is when they say "I'm so done here BUT BEFORE I LEAVE HERE IS THIS LONG ARGUMENT BECAUSE I HAVE A PATHOLOGICAL NEED TO HAVE THE LAST WORD." That is a seriously dishonest form of argumentation because it denies the other party the opportunity to respond. It's a sneaky, dirty way of making an argument that's immune to refutation. If you are leaving the argument, just say "I don't think I can continue this discussion anymore" and leave it at that. Putting in a last point in the same breath as loudly announcing "ALSO I'M OUT OF HERE THIS ARGUMENT IS POINTLESS" is just...it makes you a bad person, okay?

Then when the discussion has moved on and their points stand untouched, they always come back. They always come back and resume the discussion and it drives me crazy. Why do people continue to do this? Don't make that promise unless you can keep it.

Jerkasses.

I would assume that makes me an anomaly considering that I have more or less done that multiple times. In threads that you happened to be involved with come to think of it...
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:43 pm UTC

*lots and lots of hugs for pirate.bondage*
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:23 pm UTC

You know what pisses me off even more than the above problem?

The fact that within 10 minutes of writing that, I feel guilty and sorry, even though I've done nothing wrong. Ranting makes me feel better, but I don't really hate her. I fucking love her, but she treats me like crap. I hate my guilt. I hate my love for people despite what they do to me. But at the same time I'm glad...I don't like to fight. Grr.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:40 pm UTC

I hate womens clothes.
This morning. I throw on a new pair of pants. A pair of pants which I literalyl had to rip the tag out of this morning. I put them on. They fit. I walk downstairs, and when I'm in the kitchen, I dropped a pill (vitamine). I bend down to pick it up, and RIP. Right through the crotch.

New. Brand, spanking new. Never been touched, now I can't wear them ever again. Yeah, I know, just return them, but is another pair of pants really going to do the same thing?

Argh.

This on top of 2 pairs of pants where the buttons fell out, and a shirt with a hole in the centre. All of these clothes bought this year. None of them lasted more than a month.

I'm pretty sure I'm not abusive to my clothes. God that pisses me off.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

schwalord

Postby schwalord » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:52 pm UTC

Yearrgghhh **Pirate hugs for Pirate**

Okay, so realizing I was going off on a rant in the Misconceptions thread I am moving over here to continue.

AHEM!

People of the computing world of all knowledge levels. Please stop going on various websites and posting the most ignorant comments about how such and such OS is a piece of shit. I don't fucking care if it is OSX/Linux(flavor of Choice)/XP/Vista. People use their OS for their own God Damned reasons and the fact that they are using them does not make them some kind of ignorant low life. Yes I understand that you may think that just because your OS does Said Feature, does not fucking make you better than me, nor does it give you the right to go off about how I'm stupid or a retard or whatever. Mac Users: I don't go off on you for buying what I consider to be an overpriced piece of hardware. If you want to spend that much it's good for you, but don't you ever say that your computer is better than mine because of the OS running on it. Especially don't do this if all you use your $3000 laptop for is to type documents and take stupid pictures of yourself and post them on your social networking site. You know what my computer has equal if not better specs than yours and I spent approximately half of what you did, but I do not talk shit to you. The fact that I know more about your OS than you do should really tell you something. Do you even realize how ironic it is to talk about your trendy computer like its something that only a few people are blessed to have? Seriously, who the hell do you think you are? And no I'm not just bashing mac users here, now it's time for the Microsoft Idiots. So Mr. Vista-Sucks-Body-Part. Have you ever even used Vista? Do you realize that all of the claims you are making about the supremacy of XP are so ill placed by the fact that most of them come from people not being familiar with Vista and just being the average computer user? Do you get that a 4 eyar old piece of hardware isn't going to be able to run Vista? There are minimum hardware specifications for a god damn reason, let alone RECOMMENDED specifications. Microsoft isn't just trying to screw you over by making Vista and trying to steal all of your money, there are significant improvements in Vista from XP. Yes OSX or Linux may have had some of these features in the past but isn't it a good thing that Vista now has them, God forbid a developer actually making improvements.

I haven't ever been pissed off by linux users (I run Ubuntu and OpenSUSE myself, as well as XP/Vista), but they are far from perfect as well just not as god damned annoying.

ohboyotero

Postby ohboyotero » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:15 pm UTC

At the risk of injecting this forum with a nice dose of hypocrisy...

I hate it when people don't give each other a chance. What happened to benefit of the doubt? Everybody these days seems to love to judge those around him/her immediately, coming up with some fictitious, contrived, or simply angry reason to feel disdain. Moreover, people assume that what they see at the surface is the representative face, but we all know that's a crock of shit. The guy on your project who's not working hard enough might have just lost his mom to cancer. The raging bitch next to you in your Psych class could be watching her parents spiral towards divorce. The friend who never shares could be deep in debt. I've been guilty of assuming things far too many times to want to do it again.

Sarr

Postby Sarr » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:37 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:Apologize in advance for this

Wow. Just... *hugs* *major hugs*
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:42 pm UTC

ohboyotero wrote:At the risk of injecting this forum with a nice dose of hypocrisy...

I hate it when people don't give each other a chance. What happened to benefit of the doubt? Everybody these days seems to love to judge those around him/her immediately, coming up with some fictitious, contrived, or simply angry reason to feel disdain. Moreover, people assume that what they see at the surface is the representative face, but we all know that's a crock of shit. The guy on your project who's not working hard enough might have just lost his mom to cancer. The raging bitch next to you in your Psych class could be watching her parents spiral towards divorce. The friend who never shares could be deep in debt. I've been guilty of assuming things far too many times to want to do it again.

Here's a fun game to play. See that dumbfuck acting like an idiot, doing something so mindblowingly stupid that you wonder how he or she is capable of breathing and blinking at the same time and, dear lord could they be any more annoying? Pretend that last night as they were having relations with whatever they have relations with, the other person died and they didn't notice for a couple of minutes and now are having to deal with the fact that they have now, technically speaking, engaged in necrophilia.

Kinda makes you give them the benefit of the doubt, because that's a fucked up thing to have happen. I mean, you wouldn't be able to function the next day, and there they are, out there in the world doing whatever it is they do so that's probably why they still have their blinker on even though they merged ten minutes ago.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:35 pm UTC

I'm eventually going to owe the government a whole freaking lot of money for the education I'm receiving now. I LIKE being in this school. Its a good school. I'm learning practical skills, and I like it. I don't want to miss days, and I don't want to leave early. Its too expensive and fast-paced for that. I also do not want to have to listen to four or five other girls acting like 10 year olds half the time and drama-mongering high-school kids the other half. Its distracting, its disruptive, its immature and its some fucking bullshit that the teachers don't do crap about it except shush them when the decibel levels get out of hand and that the school doesn't do anything when they don't listen.

A day doesn't go by without someone getting catty with someone else or making a joke about how the professionals (who are mostly British) that make demo dvds for our classes talk (and mind you, being a well-spoken Texan in New England I have a few words I could say to them about how THEY talk...), or turning up their goddamn shitty radio station and singing along to it at the top of their lungs and in the wrong key, or shouting profanities across the room at each other. This last bit wouldn't bother me except we get a lot of elderly clients in the school and 1) I feel bad that they have to listen to this and 2) its in the rules. No cursing. This is a professional school, you should conduct yourself how you would in a real job because you are training for a real job. Having fun is ok, but there are limits and next to NO ONE in this class pays them any attention.

Anyway, today we had a substitute who is 70-something years old, a great well of experience and knowledge but she's also stubborn and slow and although strict, a very grandmotherly type who gives out 50 warnings before she does anything about a problem. We had some bullshit drama today (not involving me - it hasn't yet), we had people talking all over the place while trying to do this review and I snapped. I wanted to throw my books and yell at everyone who was being loud and argumentative and boorish, but instead I held my breath until we were done with the review then bee-lined to the bathroom, cried hard for about 15 minutes then went home early. I screamed on the way home. I told my steering wheel everything I wanted to say to every person in that class, and some of the teachers. I cried more. I came home, laid down and cried until I fell asleep. Now that I'm awake I feel more stable - not happy, not good about the entire situation, but stable. I just don't know what to do about it. I want it to stop, but if I say anything to the class, I'll just get roped into the argument and ostracized. If I say anything to the school, they'll probably tell me "well, thats life. We don't always like everyone we have to work with. Tough it out" because thats the speech that was given at the start of the program... I never thought I'd actually have to heed it though, and now I'm more than a little disappointed in myself that I've failed at keeping my head.

I'm paying too much to let shit like this happen, but they wear me down so fast

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:58 pm UTC

As well as <spoiler>, you have my thoughts. And if you even slightly believe in energy transportation from one mind to another, I'm sending mine to you.
Spoiler:
FUCK. THAT. SHIT!
Last edited by I Am Raven on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:02 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ptolom wrote:penis

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:45 pm UTC

grumble grumble drunk mom grumble drunk boyfriend grumble grumble middle of the night grumble grumble loud and aggressive grumble grumble mom falls asleep grumble grumble boyfriend grumble I'm in my underwear grumble grumble get out of my house grumble grumble not interested in talking to you grumble grumble

jerome_bc

Postby jerome_bc » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:25 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:rant

At least you didnt scream at them. I think I would have. I think you should bring a shotgun to class. Its in situations like this that I'd like to be wise and to have some useful advice to give, instead of being a moron not-too-mature 18 year old.
Last edited by jerome_bc on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

fersrs

Postby fersrs » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:31 am UTC

IT ITCHES. IT ITCHES BADLY.

Stupid mosquitoes. How on earth did they even know picture day was coming up? Stupid mosquitoes.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:21 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:But the worst is when they say "I'm so done here BUT BEFORE I LEAVE HERE IS THIS LONG ARGUMENT BECAUSE I HAVE A PATHOLOGICAL NEED TO HAVE THE LAST WORD." That is a seriously dishonest form of argumentation because it denies the other party the opportunity to respond. It's a sneaky, dirty way of making an argument that's immune to refutation. If you are leaving the argument, just say "I don't think I can continue this discussion anymore" and leave it at that. Putting in a last point in the same breath as loudly announcing "ALSO I'M OUT OF HERE THIS ARGUMENT IS POINTLESS" is just...it makes you a bad person, okay?

Hey, my mom just pulled a variation of this on me. We were talking about the latest news on the HHS rule change for birth control and she came out of the blue with "I'm glad we have the right to abortion but I think it's also a problem because there are some women out there who will just go out and use abortion as birth control which I think is really irresponsible and lazy of them."

And I started to answer--there may have been sputtering involved--and didn't get two words out before she said "I'm not going to argue about this with you, Leah. I don't like arguing with you."

So, grr. Three things here that never fail to piss me off 1) my mother 2) right-wing talking points about abortion that reflect an ignorance of the issue 3) dishonest argumentation tactics.

Okita wrote:I would assume that makes me an anomaly considering that I have more or less done that multiple times. In threads that you happened to be involved with come to think of it...

Can't recall any such incidents. I believe you, though.

Amoeba

Postby Amoeba » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:26 am UTC

Listen, mind. If I think of something right before I fall asleep, then I'd like you to keep it for later please. Remembering that I asked you to remember something is just infuriating.
Jesus Christ you have confused me

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:37 am UTC

Amoeba wrote:Listen, mind. If I think of something right before I fall asleep, then I'd like you to keep it for later please. Remembering that I asked you to remember something is just infuriating.

Sigh, I really wish it worked like that...
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Amoeba

Postby Amoeba » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:12 pm UTC

Stop singing.

Please stop singing.

You are singing 'Tis the season to be jolly'. And The Vengaboys. And whatever the last song from Grease is.

I am stuck in a room in front of a screen with you for 7 hours a day, under industrial lights. My eyes hurt. Spare my ears.

Please.

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:39 pm UTC

If you're going to send me a copy of Aerosmith's "Don't Want To Miss A Thing", then make it the entire file and don't have it stop halfway through the first chorus. It makes me mad and makes me lose faith in your ability to choose good files to send me.

Yes, my lack of faith is disturbing...
Worst Fight Scene Ever

Spoiler:

Amoeba

Postby Amoeba » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC

Isn't the fact that it's a mawkish power ballad enough to lose faith in their ability to choose good files to send you?

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:45 pm UTC

True, it is fairly over the top and not the best, but, it has its moments. Yeah, I'm fairly sad. :lol:
Worst Fight Scene Ever

Spoiler:

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

I... I like that song.
It has good memories for me.

I can't think of them specifically, but I've slow danced to it many times in my life.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

kriel

Postby kriel » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:17 am UTC

This post had objectionable content.

Atm (from other bank): Oh, Hai. You've got $1000 Extra.
Me: Oo; Kay.
(ex)girlfriend: Hey, I put $1000 in your account.
Me: Oh. That's where it came from.
Bank's website(later that night): You ain't got no money.
Me: Uhhhhh... Maybe it didn't go through yet.
--few days pass--
Girlfriend: I WANT MY MONEY BACK
Me: Fine, Fine. -goes to hit ATM-
ATM: You can't do that. :D
Me: ...?
ATM: You're overdrawn!
Me: No wai.
Bank's website: We never got a check. :D

So, uh. Since I've _got_ the ATM slip that _says_ I had about a grand more than at any other time that month... can I use that? ... God, I hope this isn't going the way I think it is. Because if the back of my mind is correct, I just overdrew and handed my ex $1000 and got a finger in the face back for it.

omega

Postby omega » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:54 am UTC

I can't sleep. And I should. Really. Not because I'd have to get up tomorrow or so, just because I'm in a really bad mood, and before I do stupid things I better go to bed.

But I can't sleep. And lying in my bed trying to fall asleep is way more nerve-wrecking than if I have at least a computer to keep me busy. No one I know is online, though, so thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for these fora.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:02 am UTC

Quick rant: Holy fuck my dorm is far away from everything!!! The walking's good exercise, but getting anywhere is a bitch.
多么现在棕色母牛?

kriel

Postby kriel » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:10 pm UTC

Followup:

An ATM slip from a different bank is worth less than toilet paper. If they don't see it in their computer, it dosen't exist.

Rawr.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:24 pm UTC

Dear helpful customer: I have dry lips. This is because I am on medication, and forgot my moisturiser today.

I do not need to be recommended camomile oil and aloe vera.

I especially do not need to wait a few minutes while you roll your eyes to the celing trying to remember the names of these things.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:36 am UTC

You want to know why I'm depressed at humanity sometimes?

Spoiler:
I sometimes get real sad when I think about our lives, as humans. I mean, a lot of kids wouldn't mind skipping school all together. Going right to summer vacation. A lot of kids just try to get through school so they can "get out". They think "If I can just make it past this day, this year, it'll be better." I know I spent several years like this. But what's after that? College? Or if not, or after college, what then? A job. Then you can't say "If I can just get through these couple months, it'll be summer!" anymore. Lots of people end up just trying to make it through the day. "At the end of the day," they think, "I'll have a few hours of rest. Finally!" But after that? More work. An endless cycle. I'm sure there are huge amounts of people who might take this a step further. "Just until retirement", they say, "then I can really enjoy my life." What then? You're in your 70s and you look back and realize that you've done nothing with your life? Just tried to get through it? As if it were some gigantic obstacle course? And for what? So you can take a few dozen pills a day and stay home watching reruns of old soap operas? No, that's not gonna be me. Unfortunately, there's no big piece of cheese at the end of this maze. The reward is the maze itself. Sure, life could be better, but it's my life. And I'm gonna enjoy it. That's why I think Carpe Diem is such an important phrase. So many people...so many wasted lives...that's what makes me sad. Think about it. Or don't, if you'd rather not.
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:49 am UTC

This has happened EVERY TIME Tom goes to work at 2:30 am for the past four mornings and I'm sick of it! My fucking room hates me. ENOUGH WITH THE NOISES. I don't care! You've been bothering me for years, keeping me from sleep, trying to scare me...whatever you are, just go away. I'm trying to fucking sleep and you're not easy to ignore.

And on another note: HOLY SHIT. I'm sitting in a dark room, with a HUGE window behind me which is also pitch black because, duh, it's night...I just realized this, was overcome by a feeling of being watched, and my fucking cat touched me. Scared the shit out of me.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:53 am UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:This has happened EVERY TIME Tom goes to work at 2:30 am for the past four mornings and I'm sick of it! My fucking room hates me. ENOUGH WITH THE NOISES. I don't care! You've been bothering me for years, keeping me from sleep, trying to scare me...whatever you are, just go away. I'm trying to fucking sleep and you're not easy to ignore.

And on another note: HOLY SHIT. I'm sitting in a dark room, with a HUGE window behind me which is also pitch black because, duh, it's night...I just realized this, was overcome by a feeling of being watched, and my fucking cat touched me. Scared the shit out of me.

that wasn't your cat that was me <3 i missed u muffin tehehe
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:00 am UTC

I missed you too! <3

And I can't fucking sleep. If I try to sleep down here I'm surrounded by a bunch of big windows. About a week ago there was a guy outside my house for about an hour, waiting for me to go to bed, so I couldn't sleep. But I didn't call the cops because he would have just gone anyways. I'm so sick of this.

EDIT: Now my fucking satellite just quit on me. Creepy.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:38 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:I missed you too! <3

And I can't fucking sleep. If I try to sleep down here I'm surrounded by a bunch of big windows. About a week ago there was a guy outside my house for about an hour, waiting for me to go to bed, so I couldn't sleep. But I didn't call the cops because he would have just gone anyways. I'm so sick of this.

EDIT: Now my fucking satellite just quit on me. Creepy.

Beware the orbital alien mind-control lasers.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:13 pm UTC

Addressed to the twat from Stonehaven:

I don't make the rules in my place of work, the office does. Got a complaint? Take it up with them! Don't get angry at me, don't throw things at the ticket box that I'm in, don't hurl abuse at me. All I did was do my job (may I add that I get payed only 10 pence above minimum wage?) and, if I didn't, I'd get a right bollocking from my superiors.

Tough choice, but I'll go with the keeping-my-job-and-getting-abuse course of action.

Please, don't make my day working with the public (most of whom have a very minimal grasp of the English language and I have a very poor grasp of any language other than English) any more difficult than it has to be.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

Spoiler:

Return to “General”