Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:57 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:So, we have a course on "high technology".
Goddamn. This is horribly boring.

We are engineering students, almost master-level. We eat group theory and shit quantum physics equations. We are not middle-school students, nor we are retards.
This simple fact seems completely out of the grasp of the teacher. He speaks slowly, repeats himself 5-6 times, and only speak about very, very simple facts.
We know what fullerene is, cretin. We also know that a black hole attracts matter. YES FUCKING DUMBASS WE HEARD ABOUT THAT FUCKING QUANTUM CAT, YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE GUY MEANT, BHARGH.
Is he... is he talking about gravity and squared distance?
*opens laptop*
*opens xkcd forums*

PARDON MY PREVIOUS OMISSION: oh, and he can't integrate.
And bahaha, he's explaining voltage.

Be grateful for the extra nap time.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Kewangji » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:41 pm UTC

Awesome, I really love to hear that I have to look at it from your point of view to see how that thing shouldn't offend me. I don't want to listen to it.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:44 pm UTC

P1: Look at it from my point of view.

P2: Ok. //Rips out P1's eyeballs, holds them up to own eyes.// Nope...still can't see what you mean.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:50 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:P1: Look at it from my point of view.

P2: Ok. //Rips out P1's eyeballs, holds them up to own eyes.// Nope...still can't see what you mean.

The easier option is to push them out of the way, and stand where they were. Although if you're taller than them, you'll need to crouch a little. If they're taller, you'll need to find a box to stand on.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Silastic
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:45 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Silastic » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:38 pm UTC

Today is one of those days when my brain feels like mush, I keep having to read everything twice, because I can't manage to extract any meaning from the first run through. Everyone who talks to me sounds like the teacher from the Charlie Brown cartoons, "wa wa wann wa wannn". I'm sure my blank stare and my constant, "what was that again?" is very fun for everyone concerned. *sigh

User avatar
PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature
Posts: 4576
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby PictureSarah » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:07 pm UTC

My face got SO SUNBURNED yesterday. 4ish hours of snowshoeing at elevation in absolutely gorgeous sunny conditions...it was nice, but my face is in pain. I look like a red and white raccoon. I wore sunscreen! I don't know how that happened.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Xeio » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:12 pm UTC

PictureSarah wrote:My face got SO SUNBURNED yesterday. 4ish hours of snowshoeing at elevation in absolutely gorgeous sunny conditions...it was nice, but my face is in pain. I look like a red and white raccoon. I wore sunscreen! I don't know how that happened.
The sun, 'tis evil.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:04 pm UTC

I'm taking 25 credits this quarter. I'm fully prepared to have no sleep/social life (except the fora maybe).

Let's do this.

Silastic
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:45 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Silastic » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:08 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:I'm taking 25 credits this quarter. I'm fully prepared to have no sleep/social life (except the fora maybe).

Let's do this.

Let me introduce you to my little friend "No-DozTM"
Good luck this quarter!

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 pm UTC

Silastic wrote:
Magnanimous wrote:I'm taking 25 credits this quarter. I'm fully prepared to have no sleep/social life (except the fora maybe).

Let's do this.

Let me introduce you to my little friend "No-DozTM"
Good luck this quarter!

Say hello to my little friend.
[/scarface]
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

Silastic
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:45 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Silastic » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:14 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:Say hello to my little friend.
[/scarface]

Yes, indeed, that was the voice I was channeling as I wrote that post :D

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 pm UTC

The good news is that most of my classes are humanities or intro-level. (Art 101, Intro to Logic, Visual Thinking*, Digital Photograpy, Physics 223, and Diff EQ 2) I put off my humanities for a long time, since the math/sciences were so interesting...

*I still have no idea what this is. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Zarq » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:39 pm UTC

Spoilered for TMI and quite personal. And please don't quote it because I plan on editing it out in the future, but I need to get it out now.

Spoiler:
-snip-
Last edited by Zarq on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:38 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:49 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Have you considered using lotion during your "recreation", or ice thereafter?
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby emceng » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:41 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:The good news is that most of my classes are humanities or intro-level. (Art 101, Intro to Logic, Visual Thinking*, Digital Photograpy, Physics 223, and Diff EQ 2) I put off my humanities for a long time, since the math/sciences were so interesting...

*I still have no idea what this is. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.



Dif EQ 2 is entry level? Where the hell are you going to college?
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:10 pm UTC

Fair warning, I'm irritated.
Spoiler:
You slack-jawed, dim witted, inbred, half-baked, piss-poor-excuse for cannon fodder. I have seen stuffed animals with more intelligence than you just displayed there. A dyslexic, deaf, color-blind budgeriegar could have figured this out by now, and yet you somehow are too fucking special to read the seven different e-mails explaining this topic? In the time that your myopic attitude has taken from me I could have resolved seven other customer's complaints, but OH GOOD LAWDY THE COMPUTER IS SOOOOOO SCARY! Do you have people wipe your ass for you at home too? Chew your food? Normally I'm above commenting on someone's obesity as an indicator of anything other than a need for greater clothing size, but it has become increasingly apparent over the course of my unfortunate time-wasted effort to teach you to fish that you have absolutely no drive to do anything but sit there and eat the entire Costco bakery section while smacking your lips and clicking your tongue about how unfair it is that we're "forcing" you to do for yourself. This is clearly indicative of greater problems. I'm serious, see a doctor. Hell, see three. I can throw a tennis ball from where I sit now and hit at least four on any given afternoon. YOU NEED HELP, and no, not the kind that is going to continue to spoon feed you your job. Now exit my air space before I launch a SAM at you.

Fair warning, I was irritated.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26516
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:11 pm UTC

Yes, but how do you feel?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:12 pm UTC

Cleansed. The Rage of the Oregonaut has been sated.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Whelan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 pm UTC

And lo, with his interminable wrath sated, the denizens of the fora were safe for another hundred moons. Or until some one else was indefensibly stupid. Whichever comes first.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 pm UTC

Whelan wrote:And lo, with his interminable wrath sated, the denizens of the fora were safe for another hundred moons. Or until some one else was indefensibly stupid. Whichever comes first.

And really, which is more likely to come first?
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Whelan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:14 pm UTC

Almost certainly the latter. But the Faithful remain ever vigilant for the full Cycle of non-rage to be completed.

We have one of those "No rage in [ ] days" things.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:17 pm UTC

Ah, charming. I really hope we get to use more numbers than "0" at some point.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Whelan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:22 pm UTC

In hindsight, a Cricket scoreboard wasn't the best choice to keep track on. I'm not even sure what it means anymore.
Although, apparently you're 245 for 7.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:13 pm UTC

emceng wrote:
Magnanimous wrote:The good news is that most of my classes are humanities or intro-level. (Art 101, Intro to Logic, Visual Thinking*, Digital Photograpy, Physics 223, and Diff EQ 2) I put off my humanities for a long time, since the math/sciences were so interesting...

*I still have no idea what this is. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.



Dif EQ 2 is entry level? Where the hell are you going to college?

... Well I said most...

Mumpy
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm UTC
Location: Oxford, England

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Mumpy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:32 pm UTC

Whelan wrote:In hindsight, a Cricket scoreboard wasn't the best choice to keep track on. I'm not even sure what it means anymore.
Although, apparently you're 245 for 7.

But damn, whoever put idiot number 74 at silly mid off was inspired.

User avatar
Von Haus
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Probably somewhere he shouldn't be...

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Von Haus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:21 pm UTC

I mean seriously, okay, two weeks ago you messed up the order so I didn't get my veg bag last week, ok that was a mistake and I'm fine with that. But if you then say you'll make sure there is one for me this week and I then walk there in the rain to pick it up I expect you to have actually got me a damn veg bag. I want some damn veg!
A bee sees Dee 'effigy' Hitch, I 'Jay' kill, amen OP, queue arresty UV double, you ex-wizard!

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 am UTC

Spoiler:
allofmyrage.jpg
I JUST STUBBED MY FUCKING PINKY TOE.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 am UTC

Cool story, bro.

Spoiler:
That sucks man, I'm sorry.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Ivora
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am UTC
Location: Wandering the Crystal Blue.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ivora » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:17 am UTC

FUCK YOU MUCUS!!!!!!!!!!

AND FUCK YOU SINUS CONGESTION!!!!!!

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SurgicalSteel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:06 am UTC

Dammit Time Warner, I'm not paying you $35 a month to have my internet connection go out 4 times a day, and be slower than holy hell fuck the rest of the time. Despite what your "speed meter" says, I'm not pulling down anywhere near 3 Mbps, unless you misspelled 3 mbps. I'm fucking canceling tomorrow and going back to Frontier.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:07 am UTC

I had to hide Conan O'Brien from my Facebook news feed.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:13 am UTC

Can we skip to a week from now? Life is kind of sucking at the moment, but I expect to be in England and eating cake in a week.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Ortus
Fluffy
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:09 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ortus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:28 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Can we skip to a week from now? Life is kind of sucking at the moment, but I expect to be in England and eating cake in a week.


I agree, but I expect there to be sunshine next week, sunshine and cake.

Fucking clouds, rotation around the x and y axis + gravity + basically wearing a blindfold (fucking clouds) + several tens of feet of distance/height traveled makes for BAD THINGS. Seriously, I've seen one sunny day in about a month and a half of skiing. Why, Nature? Why?
roband wrote:Face, yes. Chest, probably. Pubic area, maybe. Scrotum, not a fucking chance.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:43 am UTC

Ortus wrote:
e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Can we skip to a week from now? Life is kind of sucking at the moment, but I expect to be in England and eating cake in a week.


I agree, but I expect there to be sunshine next week, sunshine and cake.

Fucking clouds, rotation around the x and y axis + gravity + basically wearing a blindfold (fucking clouds) + several tens of feet of distance/height traveled makes for BAD THINGS. Seriously, I've seen one sunny day in about a month and a half of skiing. Why, Nature? Why?

There is sunshine here, but I am unable to enjoy it because I am working (or more precisely, my computer is working and I'm sat here waiting for my algorithm to finish running). I can but gaze longingly out at the blue sky from my office window. I'm hoping it stays like this through to this evening so I can go out on the bike or something.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:28 pm UTC

The spring rains have started in earnest here in the PACNW, and the smell of Oregon in the rain is something that is so soothing to my consciousness it isn't even funny.

So the next person to bitch about how much it rains here in the PACNW, while actively choosing to live in the PACNW, gets stabbed with a Luna Cursed forklift.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Ashlah
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ashlah » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:So the next person to bitch about how much it rains here in the PACNW, while actively choosing to live in the PACNW, gets stabbed with a Luna Cursed forklift.

There are so many of them. It seems like everyone I went to school with, and everyone I work with hates it here and wants to move to California.

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:22 pm UTC

I'm fairly certain you do basically nothing all day. Just take 5 fucking minutes and respond to my email.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Garm
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 pm UTC
Location: Usually at work. Otherwise, Longmont, CO.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Garm » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:47 pm UTC

If you have a testable feature that has events A, B, and C, where A is required to do B, and B is required to do C, why the fuck do you write tests for A, B, and C separately? In order to test C you necessarily have to test A and B. What a fucking waste of my time! Argh!
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
- JFK

Chen
Posts: 5576
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Chen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm UTC

Garm wrote:If you have a testable feature that has events A, B, and C, where A is required to do B, and B is required to do C, why the fuck do you write tests for A, B, and C separately? In order to test C you necessarily have to test A and B. What a fucking waste of my time! Argh!


But in order to test A alone you don't have to test B and C. So in the future if you change A you have less re-testing to do than if you had only one big test of A, B and C.

User avatar
PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature
Posts: 4576
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby PictureSarah » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:50 pm UTC

Ashlah wrote:It seems like everyone I went to school with, and everyone I work with hates it here and wants to move to California.


My rant: what the hell do people think that "California" means? When I went to school in Boston, I constantly got jabs about not being used to "this weather" whenever it dropped below 65F. People asked if I surfed. People asked if I new any movie stars. My hometown held the record for the most snow produced in a single storm from 1959 until the late 1990s. Why don't people ever seem to grasp that California is 800 fucking miles long? Why do people call San Francisco "northern California?" There are nearly 400 miles of California that are north of San Francisco. California contains a wide variety of ecosystems and climates, most of which bear no resemblance to the southern coast of CA.

(this wasn't directed at Ashlah, just set off by her comment).
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests