Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Garm
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 pm UTC
Location: Usually at work. Otherwise, Longmont, CO.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Garm » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:27 pm UTC

roband wrote:Wow, they photoshopped Jessica Ennis a lot...


Which is too bad, really. She certainly doesn't need the photoshopping. :)
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
- JFK

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby roband » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:52 pm UTC

I certainly agree. However, they once showed her running the 100m (maybe 60m, they do in the heptathlon?) with one of those super slow-motion cameras. You could see every muscle in her body working. It was an interesting shot, but not the most attractive.

User avatar
philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:58 pm UTC
Location: Texas

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby philsov » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:58 pm UTC

mm, people have been doing side hugs for a long time. It's called standing next to someone.


Not quite. The Christian Side Hug (now in Rap format!) involves no front hugging until you're married.

When I greet people, I leave room for the Holy Spirit.
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.

Роберт
Posts: 4285
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Роберт » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:59 pm UTC

emceng wrote:
Xeio wrote:Wait wait wait. Christian Side Hugs are a thing?

And... the wikipedia page...
however (as seen on the photo) there is still an risk/threat of the 'breast - to - armpit' touch/engagement that could trigger the mentioned temptation
O.o


I'm confused on a number of levels. 1) umm, people have been doing side hugs for a long time. It's called standing next to someone. 2) What the fuck is wrong with people that they really thought about, and then proceeded to say, 'don't hug people, it leads to temptation'?

The Christian Side Hugs thing was a self-parody that whoever wrote that Wikipedia article didn't get.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

User avatar
meridian
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:26 am UTC
Location: Cambervillia
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby meridian » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:20 pm UTC

Dunno about parody. I did have to sit (or, well, stand as it was impromptu) through a lecture once about side hugs, A-Frame hugs, and how sitting on someone's lap was a sexual position so it shouldn't be done, let alone in public. Yeah, we youngin's made fun of it as soon as the lecturer was out of ear shot, but I'm rather sure it was meant seriously to start.
Spoiler:
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They are taken to a special room and burned.
- Sherlock
torontoraptor wrote:Internet is a zombie, and it is eating our brains.

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Menacing Spike » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:50 pm UTC

meridian wrote:Dunno about parody. I did have to sit (or, well, stand as it was impromptu) through a lecture once about side hugs, A-Frame hugs, and how sitting on someone's lap was a sexual position so it shouldn't be done, let alone in public. Yeah, we youngin's made fun of it as soon as the lecturer was out of ear shot, but I'm rather sure it was meant seriously to start.


Huh. The lectures we had were more along the lines of "guys, wear condoms, also don't pressure your girlfriends" and "girls, remember to take the pill and don't do anything you don't want to do". Is this an American thing?

User avatar
philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:58 pm UTC
Location: Texas

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby philsov » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:08 pm UTC

I hope it's isolated to this country, yes.
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:36 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
meridian wrote:Dunno about parody. I did have to sit (or, well, stand as it was impromptu) through a lecture once about side hugs, A-Frame hugs, and how sitting on someone's lap was a sexual position so it shouldn't be done, let alone in public. Yeah, we youngin's made fun of it as soon as the lecturer was out of ear shot, but I'm rather sure it was meant seriously to start.


Huh. The lectures we had were more along the lines of "guys, wear condoms, also don't pressure your girlfriends" and "girls, remember to take the pill and don't do anything you don't want to do". Is this an American thing?

It's going to depend on the state where this took place.

Bible Belt? Probably public school health class. The North, the Western Coast, or Florida? Probably a church-related thing.


My school's sex education was "Don't have sex. Just don't. If you have to, use a condom because it stops disease, but don't have sex. Just don't. Now watch this video. *Five minutes later* BAM! Didn't warn you it was a childbirth video, did I? Nope! Don't have sex or that will happen."

This would be during the Clinton Years, mind you. I hear it's done nothing but get worse.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby emceng » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm UTC

During the Clinton years, in Illinois, in 8th grade, we got health class. Which included a video with quite graphic images of STDs. Plus, IIRC, we got the "AIDS is going to murder everyone forever" speech 3-4 years in a row in different classes.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
jawdisorder
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:44 am UTC
Location: Badgerland

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby jawdisorder » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm UTC

My public high school class (about 4 years ago) went something along the lines of: we have to teach abstinence so there is that, but since we all know that's probably not going to happen, here are a bunch of other options that you should definitely make use of.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:27 pm UTC

I just remember watching the male STD video then having hot dogs for lunch.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
meridian
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:26 am UTC
Location: Cambervillia
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby meridian » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:29 pm UTC

Om nom nom. Tasty wieners.
Spoiler:
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They are taken to a special room and burned.
- Sherlock
torontoraptor wrote:Internet is a zombie, and it is eating our brains.

User avatar
ShootTheChicken
Best. Cheerleader. Ever.
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 am UTC
Location: America's Hat

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby ShootTheChicken » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 pm UTC

I appreciate being Canadian more and more.
SecondTalon wrote:the Hot Freshness of Wicked Classic.

User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:31 am UTC

Роберт wrote:The Christian Side Hugs thing was a self-parody that whoever wrote that Wikipedia article didn't get.
Apparently, some people take it seriously. I knew a few people via a friend who were among them. They were also saving their first kiss for marriage. Yeah.

Tying that into Sex Ed, there's three major type of schools here. Public schools, which is what I attended, where it varies a little between teachers but it's pretty practical* and realistic. Catholic schools, which are much like public schools in practice (they have to be, as they get roughly the same government funding) but pay lip service to abstinence only.

And then the private christian schools (which are what the aforementioned people attended), where apparently there's something about Barbie and Ken and if they go too far they go over a waterfall with big sharp rocks at the bottom or something. I only heard it second hand, and I don't think it made much sense to anyone involved.

*Our teacher was also willing to seriously and completely answer any question put to them (and had a system for asking anonymously), so we got a rather good amount of information
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:32 am UTC

My sex ed class wasn't pro-abstinence, but we didn't really go into any detail... I remember going to Wikipedia to learn about the biological aspects, and I had Reddit/etc for the social aspects.

On that note: epididymis is a cool word. I always imagine a Greek myth about a guy who gets hit in the balls a lot.
PhoenixEnigma wrote:
Роберт wrote:The Christian Side Hugs thing was a self-parody that whoever wrote that Wikipedia article didn't get.
Apparently, some people take it seriously. I knew a few people via a friend who were among them. They were also saving their first kiss for marriage. Yeah.

First kisses are usually awkward and rubbish. They could at least practice before the wedding ceremony...

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby emceng » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:00 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:My sex ed class wasn't pro-abstinence, but we didn't really go into any detail... I remember going to Wikipedia to learn about the biological aspects, and I had Reddit/etc for the social aspects.

On that note: epididymis is a cool word. I always imagine a Greek myth about a guy who gets hit in the balls a lot.
PhoenixEnigma wrote:
Роберт wrote:The Christian Side Hugs thing was a self-parody that whoever wrote that Wikipedia article didn't get.
Apparently, some people take it seriously. I knew a few people via a friend who were among them. They were also saving their first kiss for marriage. Yeah.

First kisses sexy-times are usually awkward and rubbish. They could at least practice before the wedding ceremony...
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:14 pm UTC

Like, the first ten or so First kisses sexy-times are usually awkward and rubbish. They could at least practice before the wedding ceremony...
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Роберт
Posts: 4285
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Роберт » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:46 pm UTC

meridian wrote:Dunno about parody. I did have to sit (or, well, stand as it was impromptu) through a lecture once about side hugs, A-Frame hugs, and how sitting on someone's lap was a sexual position so it shouldn't be done, let alone in public. Yeah, we youngin's made fun of it as soon as the lecturer was out of ear shot, but I'm rather sure it was meant seriously to start.

I'm not saying that some people don't take the side hugs thing seriously, but the Wikipedia citation wasn't pointing to a legit example.

Poe's law what what.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

gorcee
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby gorcee » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:14 pm UTC

emceng wrote:
Magnanimous wrote:My sex ed class wasn't pro-abstinence, but we didn't really go into any detail... I remember going to Wikipedia to learn about the biological aspects, and I had Reddit/etc for the social aspects.

On that note: epididymis is a cool word. I always imagine a Greek myth about a guy who gets hit in the balls a lot.
PhoenixEnigma wrote:
Роберт wrote:The Christian Side Hugs thing was a self-parody that whoever wrote that Wikipedia article didn't get.
Apparently, some people take it seriously. I knew a few people via a friend who were among them. They were also saving their first kiss for marriage. Yeah.

First kisses sexy-times are usually awkward and rubbish. They could at least practice before the wedding ceremony...


Yes but you don't have sexy times on the altar in front of all your wedding guests.

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:33 pm UTC

gorcee wrote:Yes but you don't have sexy times on the altar in front of all your wedding guests.


I wonder how that custom will evolve in the distant future.

"The bulgroz may now multisodomize the herkns in order."

User avatar
semicharmed
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:04 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby semicharmed » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:34 pm UTC

If you refer to a web host as an ISP, tell me that you can 'export the site in whatever format is necessary' from your software, and then say that you'd just like a sub-domain, maybe like 'site.org/SUB' and then tell me all you need from me is the password and username for my web host: I am not letting you into the CP of our web host.

I can make you a page, and will throw your content up on that page, but you are not getting access to our server. Especially not when the website is running mostly Joomla, with some legacy tools that are still heavily used/easy to screw up. I will not just hand over the keys and say 'okay, have fun!'.

... now I just have to figure out how to say all that, politely. Without calling anyone an idiot.

User avatar
Faithful
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:36 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Faithful » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:08 pm UTC

semicharmed wrote:If you refer to a web host as an ISP, tell me that you can 'export the site in whatever format is necessary' from your software, and then say that you'd just like a sub-domain, maybe like 'site.org/SUB' and then tell me all you need from me is the password and username for my web host: I am not letting you into the CP of our web host.

I can make you a page, and will throw your content up on that page, but you are not getting access to our server. Especially not when the website is running mostly Joomla, with some legacy tools that are still heavily used/easy to screw up. I will not just hand over the keys and say 'okay, have fun!'.

... now I just have to figure out how to say all that, politely. Without calling anyone an idiot.


Say "Unfortunately we do not allow clients to get access to our servers. We have no problem helping you out with whatever you needs are but our company policy is to not give out our username and passwords to our clients. It is to protect us and to protect you from unwanted / unauthorized access"

Threaten them with a hacking risk and most people freak out and agree with you.

User avatar
Amie
Posts: 910
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 am UTC
Location: in Somnia.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Amie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:03 pm UTC

"Okay guys don't stretch each player profile for over 250 words"
Okay.
"Oh but... this player has done so much! How did you think 250 words would be enough?! Make it 500!"
Okay.
"Hmm actually we're going to downsize everything to 100 words and then you can upload it"
...FINE.
"Oh you finished uploading everything? We decided that 100 was too little so now we're going to make everything standard 250 words and you have to reupload it TROLOLOLOL haha"
...fuck you guys.
Summer is miles and miles away, and no one would ask me to stay.
And I, should contemplate this change... to ease the pain.
And I, should step out of the rain... turn away.

User avatar
Jave D
chavey-dee
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:41 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Jave D » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:09 pm UTC

1. Obama expresses sympathy for Trayvon's family.
2. Trayvon's killer tells Fox News that there is "so much hate coming from" Obama.
3. God I hate right-wingers so much.

1. Rush Limbaugh says outrageous disgusting bigoted things on his show.
2. Companies stop advertising on his show.
3. Right-wingers spam the internet about how Rush's freedom of speech and 1st amendment rights are under attack and how Fluke was a government plant and it's all Obama's fault because liberals fear the massive amounts of truth that flow gently from Rush's lips and want to silence it so they can destroy America.
4. God I hate right-wingers so much.

User avatar
I Am Raven
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 am UTC
Location: Amsterdam.
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 pm UTC

Jave D wrote:1. Obama expresses sympathy for Trayvon's family.
2. Trayvon's killer tells Fox News that there is "so much hate coming from" Obama.
3. God I hate some right-wingers so much.

1. Rush Limbaugh says outrageous disgusting bigoted things on his show.
2. Companies stop advertising on his show.
3. Right-wingers spam the internet about how Rush's freedom of speech and 1st amendment rights are under attack and how Fluke was a government plant and it's all Obama's fault because liberals fear the massive amounts of truth that flow gently from Rush's lips and want to silence it so they can destroy America.
4. God I hate some right-wingers so much.

But yeah, what the fuck?!
(Sorry for cursing, but I felt like this needed that little bit extra.)
Ptolom wrote:penis

User avatar
raike
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:25 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby raike » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:56 am UTC

Just lost my integration-bee title from last year... I hate losing! Gaaa! The worst part is that I lost because I was too slow.
"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." - H.J. Kaiser
رات دن گردش میں ہیں سات آسماں
ہو رہیگا کچھ نہ کچھ گھبرائیں کیا
(غالب)

User avatar
cephalopod9
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:23 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby cephalopod9 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:48 am UTC

Computers are still designed with a severe lack of anticipation for basic, and predictable, psychological trajectories. My internet access is just noticeably less functional than usual, and I am incomprehensible with rage. This is avoidable with a reasonable amount of consideration for cause and effect in typical human reactions. Microsoft, you are pretty much the worst at this.
I could throw up I'm so angry about this recurring minor inconvenience.
Image

gorcee
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby gorcee » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:36 pm UTC

Seriously, everyone, stop using Flash. It fucking sucks. Just stop.

I love having to refresh this streaming feed every 2 minutes because your player eats shit.

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Menacing Spike » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 pm UTC

Maaaaybe it's the player and not flash that's the problem?

gorcee
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby gorcee » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:22 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:Maaaaybe it's the player and not flash that's the problem?


If the environment is such that Very Good Engineers can't develop something that works properly, then the environment must take some of the blame.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Ptolom » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 pm UTC

raike wrote:integration-bee

Is that what it sounds like? Because I am intrigued.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SlyReaper » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:33 pm UTC

Ptolom wrote:
raike wrote:integration-bee

Is that what it sounds like? Because I am intrigued.

An insect that's very good at working out the area under curves?
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
raike
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:25 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby raike » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:02 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
Ptolom wrote:
raike wrote:integration-bee

Is that what it sounds like? Because I am intrigued.

An insect that's very good at working out the area under curves?


I think that I ought not to have hyphenated that... :wink: But an insect that's good at working out areas does sound a fair bit more interesting than what's essentially a spelling bee with integrals replacing words
"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." - H.J. Kaiser
رات دن گردش میں ہیں سات آسماں
ہو رہیگا کچھ نہ کچھ گھبرائیں کیا
(غالب)

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2043
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Deva » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:49 pm UTC

"Please solve the integral of (x3 + 2x2 + 5) from four to seven with respect to x."
- "Can you show it in the form of a graph?"
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Menacing Spike » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:56 pm UTC

Deva wrote:"Please solve the integral of (x3 + 2x2 + 5) from four to seven with respect to x."
- "Can you show it in the form of a graph?"


Clearly he's going to train an AI to recognize graphs, estimate integral area, correct for board tilting, and give out a result for resolution, thereby solving all problems of the kind!

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:08 pm UTC

gorcee wrote:
Menacing Spike wrote:Maaaaybe it's the player and not flash that's the problem?


If the environment is such that Very Good Engineers can't develop something that works properly, then the environment must take some of the blame.

You're implying that Very Good Engineers developed the player. Are you certain of this?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
nehpest
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby nehpest » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:36 am UTC

my friend Catherine is missing. He's been gone for two days, now. Aside from two lizards in the past week or so, he has virtually no experience hunting anything larger than a moth. It rained heavily yesterday.

I live in an area rife with coyotes, possums, and other critters who would love to come across a fat, friendly house cat. I also live in an area where people apparently think it's legit to just take animals they find around, on the assumption that they're stray (so say a number of long-time residents of my neighborhood). There are two major streets within half a mile of my house, with lots and lots of car traffic.

My baby is either a) lost, scared, and hungry, b) absconded with, or c) dead somewhere. In any case, the odds of me ever seeing my best friend again are negligible.

God, this sucks; I could cry.
Kewangji wrote:Someone told me I need to stop being so arrogant. Like I'd care about their plebeian opinions.

blag

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2043
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Deva » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:06 am UTC

Sadness. Could you put up fliers? Found a cat’s owners through Craigslist before also. Loitered around for nearly a week. Only provided water (and petting) for most of their stay. Never saw it hunt. Persisted through hail too.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Ashlah
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Ashlah » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:20 pm UTC

my friend Catherine once went missing for six months near a busy freeway, and then returned. There's still hope. Best wishes for you, I know how hard that can be.

User avatar
Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 12:06 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Dobblesworth » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 am UTC

The system of "only successful applicants will be contacted" seems to be rampantly applied to the point of assume so unless otherwise stated. And it's almost heartbreaking. I took the time to do the reconnaissance, prepare an application and deliver it personally. I know I'm not a great candidate and you probably found someone better, but at least be polite enough to send a short message so I can stop pondering about you.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests