Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Jessica » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:16 am UTC

I really hate where I'm currently living. I hate the landlady even more.
I really wish she had chosen, or deigned to inform us that there was no possible way we could move out on new years day, when everyone has a fucking day off, but instead have to be on the street by midnight new years eve.

I really wish she had chosen a nicer way to ask.

I wish she had told us not on the 29th of December.

Fine, I'm in the wrong. I'm sorry that I assumed you wouldn't mind us moving out on a day off. The next day. I hope uhaul will take my calls tomorrow morning to maybe find a truck to move my stuff on such short notice. Thank you again, you heartless bitch. No wonder no one wants to live here. No wonder the previous tenants sabotaged the place before leaving (they shoved pieces of metal into the sink... I'm sorry but butter knives in the sink... not an accident).

I hate you.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:21 am UTC

Jessica wrote:I really hate where I'm currently living. I hate the landlady even more.
I really wish she had chosen, or deigned to inform us that there was no possible way we could move out on new years day, when everyone has a fucking day off, but instead have to be on the street by midnight new years eve.

I really wish she had chosen a nicer way to ask.

I wish she had told us not on the 29th of December.

Fine, I'm in the wrong. I'm sorry that I assumed you wouldn't mind us moving out on a day off. The next day. I hope uhaul will take my calls tomorrow morning to maybe find a truck to move my stuff on such short notice. Thank you again, you heartless bitch. No wonder no one wants to live here. No wonder the previous tenants sabotaged the place before leaving (they shoved pieces of metal into the sink... I'm sorry but butter knives in the sink... not an accident).

I hate you.

In the US, UHaul will be operating, as will Penske and Ryder. In fact, to my knowledge, Penske never takes the day off (since their primary business is commercial trucks) and I've seen Penske trucks with Canadian plates (and french writing on the side - it confused my brain for a few minutes) so I know they exist up there :P

Also there's usually some sort of law about minimum notification time for tenants, unless this move-out was a prearranged thing.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Antimony-120
Location: Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat.

Postby Antimony-120 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 am UTC

Flying Betty wrote:Cute bookstore guy has never read Terry Pratchett. And he also wears a wedding ring. Double fail. And there's apparently one other short fat girl in this miserable town and she bought up all of the decent looking black pants. Triple fail.

Not only that, but it looks like my happy pills aren't working quite as well as I thought they were. I was doing all right last month, but returning home after a delightful Christmas with my family, I was surprised at how violently low my mood got just at the thought of being here, and a day later I'm back to the crushing misery again.

I am on a high right now, I didn't post when I was on a low because I didn't want to do much of anything.

I started these pills a week and a bit ago.

They say it gets better.
Wolydarg wrote:That was like a roller coaster of mathematical reasoning. Problems! Solutions! More problems!

****************Signature Dehosted, New Signature Under Construction************************

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:20 am UTC

When I started on my pills, it was about two weeks of suicidal depression before it worked. It gets better. Right now, it's better than it was for years before. I can't guarantee it'll be that good for you, or that the time frame will match, but I'd say the odds are pretty good.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Iori_Yagami

Postby Iori_Yagami » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:58 am UTC

I find it very amusing that the most hilarious and insane part of the forum is called 'Serious Business'. 'All the biggest stupidities are done with serious faces'. And not to mention how mods are total azrael-holes to anyone there.
They cannot defend themselves; they cannot run away. INSANITY is their only way of escape.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 pm UTC

Bah to spider webs. They're fucking EVERYWHERE! I cant walk anywhere without getting at least a dozen spider webs to the face unless I walk on the road. Which I cant because its really busy. Fucking spiders. Make your webs somewhere other than the pavement.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Azrael
CATS. CATS ARE NICE.

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:12 pm UTC

Y'all really need to remember to capitalize my name when you're using it in vain.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:16 pm UTC

How about if we say "az-holes" while still talking about you?
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:33 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:But I will admit to being completely bigoted about small dongs. I always think they should be larger than cats. I'm a major cat person; if I were to get a dog, it would probably be for protection. Let's have a dog that weighs 100 pounds. Mm yeah.

Tee hee!

Anyway, just make sure you get the kind of dog that doesn't bark at everything in a mile radius blah blah blah research your breed(s) if you can first blah blah you know the drill.
Last edited by SecondTalon on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:44 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Bah to spider webs. They're fucking EVERYWHERE! I cant walk anywhere without getting at least a dozen spider webs to the face unless I walk on the road. Which I cant because its really busy. Fucking spiders. Make your webs somewhere other than the pavement.

At least you still have roads. By a month from now, it'll be tough to drive up here because there'll be occasional patches of road sticking out between the potholes.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:55 pm UTC

PictureSarah wrote:I tend to dislike small dogs. But in my defense, I have never referred to them as rats! ...I call them furry bugs.

Haha, I actually like that one for some reason. Maybe for it's original? It gets so annoying when she is called the same thing over and over and over again.

@Torvaun: Yeah, she's been called that too. But sometimes she looks like a squirrel when chasing after squirrels.

@mochafairy: Yeah, my mom is sometimes the worst. In her rages she has even yelled at Bailey (mainly because she is my fluffy-love). Have I ever showed you a picture of her?

And Jessica, that lady is..quite a heartless wench. Isn't it sort of against the law or something not to give at least a two-week notice?
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

MoD

Postby MoD » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

I'm sick and tired of having to ride a bike.
Last edited by MoD on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:39 pm UTC

Gah, fuck you AT&T! All I want to be able to do is set up new service through your piece of shit website because there's some online only deals for getting new service. But, since the website is apparently not smart enough to find our address, that's not an option. But you also won't give me the same deals if I set up everything over the phone even though I'd much rather do everything online and get the better deals. Goddammit!
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:48 pm UTC

Thanks for the support.
I've booked the truck, and will move everything out tomorrow.
I'll then sleep ,(and probably get horribly wasted...) at a friend's house for the night, then move everything I own into my new apartment the next day.

And yes she can do that. She can do it because my lease ends on December 31st, so if she wants me out of her house then, then she can kick me out. I was planning on moving the next day anyway. It's just a really huge inconvienence.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:54 pm UTC

*hugs* I'm glad it's working out, but that lady is not someone I would want to share my haggis with (if I had haggis).

I'm going to resist ranting about things at the radio station..especially the toilet..
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:02 pm UTC

Being outshone by your younger brother is no a good feeling.

Honestly, if I wanted to be like him I could have tried. I don't want to be like him. I am doing my own thing. I am my own person. Stop asking me to be like him, I don't want to be and I don't care to be. Just leaving me alone. I am always asking you to do that and you don't listen. I'll go to school when I am ready to. I will do things on MY terms, not yours.

*sigh*
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:09 pm UTC

@Torvaun, Antimony- Thanks, guys. It's nice to know that maybe I have some hope. I was on the tiny starter dose for a month with no problems, and they just upped my dose about a week and a half ago.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:51 pm UTC

AH!! PAPERWORK!!!! I already passed all my tests, paid a ton of money, and submitted applications to my school and to the state, and I have to complete even MORE paperwork to get my license? Also, I need my license to actually apply for overseas/government jobs (which I should be doing RIGHT NOW to have any chance of getting a spot for next year) but the system ensures that I can't actually get my license for 2 MONTHS after I graduate (which is actually 1 month after I stopped taking classes). Grrr it is so stressful!
Just give me the paper that says I'm allowed to teach children. Please.
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

Antimony-120
Location: Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat.

Postby Antimony-120 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:18 am UTC

Flying Betty wrote:@Torvaun, Antimony- Thanks, guys. It's nice to know that maybe I have some hope. I was on the tiny starter dose for a month with no problems, and they just upped my dose about a week and a half ago.

One of my friends checks if I'm online fairly regularly (once or twice a day). If I'm not (and I haven't left her a message that I'll be busy for whatever reason) she phones me and demands I get on (agian, unless I have good reason). If I am online, but not responding, she sends me pictures of kittens until I cheer up. It doesn't work, but the thought is much appreciated.

tl;dr: Telling close friends is a good thing.
Wolydarg wrote:That was like a roller coaster of mathematical reasoning. Problems! Solutions! More problems!

****************Signature Dehosted, New Signature Under Construction************************

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:32 am UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:Being outshone by your younger brother is no a good feeling.

Honestly, if I wanted to be like him I could have tried. I don't want to be like him. I am doing my own thing. I am my own person. Stop asking me to be like him, I don't want to be and I don't care to be. Just leaving me alone. I am always asking you to do that and you don't listen. I'll go to school when I am ready to. I will do things on MY terms, not yours.

*sigh*

*hugs* I know the feeling. *more hugs and yummies*
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:26 am UTC

Parents.
One tiny comment about how a movie sucks (in critical terms) and I get a fucking rant.
And now I'm ranting about their rant at me because its pissed me off and made me depressed.
Damn it.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

Two9A

Postby Two9A » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:07 pm UTC

Ok, I get it; you don't like me, you don't want to see any more of your brother-in-law.

So why do you come around every fuckin' day? You've got a place on the other side of town, stay the fuck there if you don't want to talk to me.

Fuckin' insane woman.
The Unofficial "Making xkcd Slightly Worse" Archive [Incomplete]: xkcdsw.com
Articles that fall out of my head about once a month: imrannazar.com

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:21 pm UTC

Well....They say that what happens on new year is a sign of things to come. If this is true, I'm fucked.
I had to look after three insufferable drunk people, one of whom was my brother who was being deliberately difficult. Despite being with them, I felt very alone. And I ended up going all philosophical in my loneliness. Only one friend wished me a happy new year. And about two minutes before midnight I copped a full spider web with spider to the face, so I spent the time I would normally celebrate getting the spider and web off me.
Fuck. This. Shit.

ethraax

Postby ethraax » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

This sucks.

So I procrastinate a lot. I'm applying to MIT, the deadline is Jan. 1. I have the first half of the app, and all supporting materials, in, as well as the essay written (not uploaded yet). Of course, just my luck, while going through the screens to fill in random crap (SAT scores? You said you got them from the college board already...), I get a message about the MyMIT site being down due to issues.

They better fix them damn fast, even though I admit I shouldn't have waited quite as long... but still...
Meowgan wrote:It's just like knitting, but with less knitting.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:45 pm UTC

Look, I love you to death, and you are a great friend to both Tom and me. And I like having you over, we have a lot of fun.

BUT YOU ARE A HORRIBLE GUEST! AAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!
I have to pick up your soda cans, you left your gum by the computer, AND you looked at bad websites on my MOTHER'S computer.

RAWR.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:07 pm UTC

It is snowing again! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Alder

Postby Alder » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:05 pm UTC

I have eczema all over the fingertip of my thumb. It hurts. And I play the piano, so this is particularly ungood. :(
Plasma Man wrote:I might have to get rid of some of my breadbins.

Kulantan wrote:I feel a great disturbance in the Fora, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then kinda trailed off to a grumble.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:11 pm UTC

Just once I would like to spend New Year's Eve somewhere of my choosing. We've celebrated (read: sat around the television) at a relative's house for nearly two decades (as far as I'm aware). It's gotten old.
多么现在棕色母牛?

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:19 pm UTC

Alder26 wrote:I have eczema all over the fingertip of my thumb. It hurts. And I play the piano, so this is particularly ungood. :(
I have this, too (well I haven't played piano in going on 10 years). Although it's not too bad. It comes and goes, luckily. But it really sucks when it's flaring up. I finally went and saw a dermatologist a few weeks ago and the stuff she prescribed me seems to work pretty well when the eczema is flaring up.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

ethraax

Postby ethraax » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:34 am UTC

Spoiler:

Fuck you, NetBeans 6.5. I've spent now two hours trying to figure out what's wrong. The only issues I've found involve the server returning FORBIDDEN. Nothing under how returning "OK" is a goddamn catastrophe.

Update: It let me commit one file. I trying committing some others. No dice. Why? No idea...

scikidus

Postby scikidus » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:27 am UTC

FUCK.

I've spent a few hours, saving constantly, battling with godawful software to try and build an xkcd font.

My computer just crashed, and Photoshop managed to somehow lose the files.

FUCK.
Happy hollandaise!

"The universe is a figment of its own imagination" -Douglas Adams

ethraax

Postby ethraax » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:57 am UTC

ethraax wrote:
Spoiler:

Now four hours in, after deleting the entire project OFF the SVN, deleting it from NetBeans, and importing the source back into a fresh project, it gets the same goddamn error. Even when I use a third-party SVN program separate from NetBeans. I don't even know what it could possibly be...

Well, Subversion, you win, you piece of shit.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:57 pm UTC

Note to customers: Don't bitch at me about the pricing when I have no control over it. What so ever.
I do not control the cashback offers, nor do I know why they do it half the time, so don't bitch at me that I wont sell it to you for the price before cashback because 'that is what it is actually worth if there's cashback being offered'. That may be the case, but I have no power in this god awful company.
Don't bitch at me about policy either. Everyone has different policies. They're all badly designed, or most profitably designed. I did not design them. I have no control over them. They are what they are so quit bitching to me about them.
Damn customers.
Of more than 500 customers in the past couple weeks, I got only one seasons greetings, that of 'have a happy new year'.
I am as nice as I can be to customers, and they can't even wish me seasons greetings?!

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:28 pm UTC

Just when I think I've found a solution to the problem, I'm totally fucking wrong. It doesn't help that I've got all these twat suckers throwing rocks at the house of cards that is my sanity.
多么现在棕色母牛?

ParanoidDrone

Postby ParanoidDrone » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:03 pm UTC

The recharging cord for my mp3 player has gone missing for the umpteenth time. I know where I left it, too, but it's not there anymore. I swear, it's like we have gremlins or something.
Insert witty phrase here.

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:43 am UTC

family road trips suck ass. I am not looking forward to tomorrow at all...1 cramped car, 5 people, no puppy, no internet...visiting the grand'rents. I love them dearly, but the travel is a bitch.
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:09 pm UTC

FUCK ASSHOLE SYSADMINS.

That is all.
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

emceng

Postby emceng » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:29 pm UTC

Well shit.

I got home after 2 weeks at my parents place to find that my furnace isn't working and it is 40 degrees in my house. I'm lucky the pipes haven't burst. I get to pay someone $150 to just come and look at the thing because it is an emergency and a weekend, plus I am probably going to miss my hockey game tonight, which I was really looking forward to.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:31 pm UTC

emceng wrote:Well shit.

I got home after 2 weeks at my parents place to find that my furnace isn't working and it is 40 degrees in my house. I'm lucky the pipes haven't burst. I get to pay someone $150 to just come and look at the thing because it is an emergency and a weekend, plus I am probably going to miss my hockey game tonight, which I was really looking forward to.
Dude... That fucking SUCKS! I am so sorry for you.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

crickets

Postby crickets » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:13 pm UTC

One:
I work nights. My upstairs neighbor knows i work nights. I get off work at 1 AM and try my DAMNDEST to make as little noise as possible, to avoid waking him up or causing disturbances. I occasionally have a bath or shower, but that's as loud as it gets. Yet somehow, he manages to wake me up EVERY FUCKING MORNING at eight AM by stomping about or letting his daughter run around SCREAMING HER LITTLE HEAD OFF. Now, i get that kids typically get up early, they like to make noise. But when it's that early on a SATURDAY, please respect the fact that i went to bed not less that four hours ago, and try to keep it down till at least eleven. Eleven is a reasonable compromise. WHY DO YOU HATE ME?! WHY!? Yes, i'm being selfish. No, i don't care. I want to get a full nights sleep for once! DAMN IT.

Two:
Oh my god. My knees and hips are in an extraordinary level of pain right now, and i don't know what to do about it. It's a combined factor of 1) PMS and 2) it's -30 degrees outside, and it was closer to -40 yesterday. All this amounts to me feeling like i can't move my legs or suffer terrible death. And i wanted to go dancing tonight.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Return to “General”