Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Steax » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:35 am UTC

TIL: Sometimes, using a framework and an editing program causes much, much more headaches than just plain out making everything yourself. It still saves time, though.

--

When it comes to moving out, I find being efficient is more important than the pride of being 'independent'. I'm 21 and still living with my parents, though I have my own job. It just doesn't make sense when we think of it logically - moving away would only increase spending, and I'm entirely capable of doing my job here. I plan on staying here after I get married, since my parents also want to help look after their grandchildren (it's been a point of discussion lately), but after that I'll likely move out.

I have a mix of Asian/Western cultural backgrounds, though, so it could be a culture thing.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:17 am UTC

Tomlidich wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:i can see that happening. but really, whats so bad about it? i like my family, doesn't everyone else like theirs as well?
...seriously?
yeah, my family is great. i just don't get why this whole stereotype situation came up when a: everyone else is in the same predicament and b: assumedly, most people have families. is it just me then that doesn't hate my parents and sibling?
There's nothing wrong with my family. They're a bunch of nice enough people, and I can get along fairly well with most of them. I get along well with my mother, and I like her. At no point was I seriously physically abused, no sexual abuse, no emotional abuse, no abuse of note. I don't count an older brother occasionally doing the "Quit hitting yourself" kind of thing as abuse, as I think I got more of that from my friends than I did him.

That being said, most of my extended family and I are on completely different wavelengths. I can get along with them for a bit, make polite conversation and so on, but anything more than a few hours is a strain on everyone involved. We're just completely different people, and no force on the planet can make completely different people mesh really well.

I like them well enough, I'm just glad I don't live near any of them.

I'm... I'm not sure if I'm in a minority on the board or just in the minority of people who've discussed their families or what, but there are people who were victims of various abuses at the hands of family members. There's people whose family members are racist, intolerant fuckwits. People who's families are, in short, bad and unlikeable people. People for whom moving the fuck away was the best thing that ever happened to them, even if it left them in poverty and half-starving.

There's various sayings about friends being closer than family, the logic being that you cannot choose your family - you're born into it with no say of your own nor any real say from your family members, and due to this genetic link you're somehow supposed to magically all get along. That notion is.. frankly, bullshit. Your friends are people you hand-select (granted, from a limited pool, but work with me) to associate yourself with. If, at any point, you decide that someone is a person that you do not want to be friends with anymore, you can totally do that. You can't stop being family, at least not easily.

In short - Yes. Being a person who gets along well AND likes being around their family puts you in a minority. Not on the board, in existence. Most people simply tolerate their family and would not freely associate with them without the existing blood ties.

Alllll that being said... yeah, you're 19. No problem living at home. I lived at home until I was 20, moved out for six months, moved back home for about six months, then moved out again and haven't moved back since. Granted, I did have an incentive to get the hell out, as in the small town I'm from people either leave more or less permanently before they turn 21ish, or they live there for the rest of their lives. Though I don't care for cities, I had no intention of living in that town forever, so I got the hell out. Were I originally from Louisville or, say, Nashville or Cincinnati or Indianapolis or what have you, there's a better than average chance that I'd still be living in that town. Possibly at home until age 25 or something because, hey, it's cheaper than paying rent.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:25 am UTC

TIL: The test subject, ST, still believes he is human. I shall continue to monitor the subjects behaviors and recollections of implanted memories. God forbid the day the subject realizes that he is actually the first of a new race of sentient Über Potatoes.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:30 am UTC

broken_escalator wrote:TIL: The test subject, ST, still believes he is human. I shall continue to monitor the subjects behaviors and recollections of implanted memories. God forbid the day the subject realizes that he is actually the first of a new race of sentient Über Potatoes.

You've said to much! The subject is regaining memories! Inject him with the serum before it's too late!

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:34 am UTC

Yeah, it's probably completely dependent on an individual's circumstance. How well they are with their family, their predominant culture, economic/monetary factors and so forth. I just think that there's no reason to let social pressure impair rational decisions on this kind of thing.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:46 am UTC

Cathy wrote:And, Gee Willikers, that bueno guy is scary.

So... no bueno?
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

fizzgig

Postby fizzgig » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:14 am UTC

I like my family and get on with them fine, but I'm not sure I would want to actually live with them. I moved out when I was 20, mostly, I think, because my idea of sensible behaviour at that age involved a lot more drugs, sex and rock n roll than my mum's idea of sensible behaviour. And by the time our ideas of sensible behaviour had become more compatible, she'd moved to Texas (the one in the USA) and I moved interstate shortly after.

It might be different if we lived together now, but the chances of me moving 1800km back to my parents' place at the age of 29 is fairly slim.

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:16 am UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:
Cathy wrote:And, Gee Willikers, that bueno guy is scary.

So... no bueno?

walked riiiiiiight into that.
Amie wrote:Cathy, I now declare you to be an awesome person, by the powers vested in me by nobody, really.
yurell wrote:We need fewer homoeopaths, that way they'll be more potent!

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:48 am UTC

Tomlidich wrote:yeah, my family is great. i just don't get why this whole stereotype situation came up when a: everyone else is in the same predicament and b: assumedly, most people have families. is it just me then that doesn't hate my parents and sibling?

My dad has anger issues, used to threaten to kill me, has broken furniture, etc. My brother (17 years old) throws tantrums, breaks glasses and china on purpose, broke my door. He does this because he loses at online games like Starcraft II, or loses Internet connection for a few seconds. I can't wear skirts at home because of rude comments from family members. I don't want to continue this list.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:I'm... I'm not sure if I'm in a minority on the board or just in the minority of people who've discussed their families or what
I suspect the people who had a happy home life don't feel the need to brag about it in front of those who didn't fare so well
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:25 pm UTC

broken_escalator wrote:TIL: The test subject, ST, still believes he is human. I shall continue to monitor the subjects behaviors and recollections of implanted memories. God forbid the day the subject realizes that he is actually the first of a new race of sentient Über Potatoes.

Mmm.. so warm here in the dirt.. Imma grow another eye, I think.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:30 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:i can see that happening. but really, whats so bad about it? i like my family, doesn't everyone else like theirs as well?

Tomlidich, this is why people were jumping on your back yesterday. Because you make naive, ignorant general statements and you don't take the ten seconds of thought that would have told you that people are not like you. This is basic, fundamental reasoning and it's frustrating that you continue to make thoughtless posts that betray no amount of reflection or awareness of, well, anyone else.

I couldn't wait to get out of my family's house by the time I was 18. I was having screaming fights with my mom every day, with my sister every day, and my dad escaped to the backyard and never said anything. Even now, five years later, I can't spend more than one hour with my family without a fight coming up. I love them because they're family, but we functionally exist on different planets at this point. Living with my family would be murder.

So, in sum, saying "I like something so I don't understand why some people don't," especially in the context of a highly variable and personal situation, is a completely stupid statement.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:30 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:

Mmm.. so warm here in the dirt.. Imma grow another eye, I think.
Beholder potato.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
TrlstanC wrote:But, I'm still curious, did no one else ever learn about creationism in science class at some point, at least those who went to public school?

Sorry, we just learned science.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:34 pm UTC

This one disintegrates, this one confuses, and this one makes hash browns that are just a little overdone, but it's okay because I have ketchup.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:35 pm UTC

Quick, let's scrounge up some parts and make a SecondTalon clock!
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 pm UTC

The minute hand can be my arm, and the hour hand can be myLADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SECONDTALON! GIVE HIM A HAND! - Master of Ceremonies Mod

Kulantan

Postby Kulantan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:42 pm UTC

user44495_pic4145_1261098697.jpg
user44495_pic4145_1261098697.jpg (19.08 KiB) Viewed 3323 times
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

phlip wrote:(Scholars believe it is lost to time exactly which search engine Columbus preferred... though they are reasonably sure that he was an avid user of Apple Maps.)

Blog.

Tomlidich

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:45 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:

Tomlidich, this is why people were jumping on your back yesterday. Because you make naive, ignorant general statements and you don't take the ten seconds of thought that would have told you that people are not like you. This is basic, fundamental reasoning and it's frustrating that you continue to make thoughtless posts that betray no amount of reflection or awareness of, well, anyone else.

I couldn't wait to get out of my family's house by the time I was 18. I was having screaming fights with my mom every day, with my sister every day, and my dad escaped to the backyard and never said anything. Even now, five years later, I can't spend more than one hour with my family without a fight coming up. I love them because they're family, but we functionally exist on different planets at this point. Living with my family would be murder.

So, in sum, saying "I like something so I don't understand why some people don't," especially in the context of a highly variable and personal situation, is a completely stupid statement.

so.... im in the minority? having a home life that is not hell is the uncommon thing?

thats actually rather depressing.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:48 pm UTC

I literally just ripped the wings off two dozen flies. For science. No joke.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:48 pm UTC

I'm too lazy to look up statistics, so I don't really know which is more common or not.

The important thing to learn is that, no, not everyone's home life is puppies and unicorns. There's a lot of people in the world. Some subset of those make terrible parents or even terrible people in general. So, yeah, some people get stuck in pretty awful lives at home until they can break free.

Tomlidich

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:I'm too lazy to look up statistics, so I don't really know which is more common or not.

The important thing to learn is that, no, not everyone's home life is puppies and unicorns. There's a lot of people in the world. Some subset of those make terrible parents or even terrible people in general. So, yeah, some people get stuck in pretty awful lives at home until they can break free.

this kinda calls for some kind of regulation i think.
like, not allowing some of the more fucked up people to have kids.\

ninja: im sorry if i phrased this wrong, a very helpful forum member corrected me, i mean that noone should have to endure that kind of abuse, not that there is anything wrong with you people. you guys are some of the nicest, most helpful people i know. so im sorry if i offended anyone.
Last edited by Tomlidich on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

roband

Postby roband » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:I'm too lazy to look up statistics, so I don't really know which is more common or not.

like, not allowing some of the more fucked up people to have kids.

Dude, you think you're joking around, but saying things like that is NOT GOOD. Seriously. Look at what you just said.

If you need me to explain it to you, PM me.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:58 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:this kinda calls for some kind of regulation i think.

This post is another one of those podbaydoor was talking about. I was about to respond to it with sarcasm, but I don't think you would understand the meaning of it even if I helpfully added disclaimers. So, in short: this is a bad idea. Really, horribly, terrible idea. If the problem was easy to solve we wouldn't have bad parents in the first place. Educating people as to how to be better parents, by reading this article for example: http://www.cracked.com/article_19010_5- ... takes.html is a good start.

(That may not be the best of articles, since it's on cracked.com, there is probably homophobia and other nasty things, I can't be bothered to reread it, and I only remember that it had some good points.)
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:02 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're being a snarky douchebag here, rather than being so terminally ignorant.

There's basically no way to get to being 19 and not having realised that some families are fucking awful. Seriously, you don't read newspapers? News sites? Pay any attention to news at all? or society at all? or politics? or even opened your eyes in school? You aren't surprised by this, I absolutely refuse to accept that. Which means that you're being sarcastic on a topic, that has already been pointed out hurts some people.. way to go.

I could have accepted your initial comment as being unthinking, but now you're moving into the territory of "digging after hitting rock bottom of douchebaggery incarnate". Stop digging please.

Also in this post: PDB is a better person than I am. But stop this, seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?

Tomlidich

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:06 pm UTC

Ulc wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're being a snarky douchebag here, rather than being so terminally ignorant.

There's basically no way to get to being 19 and not having realised that some families are fucking awful. Seriously, you don't read newspapers? News sites? Pay any attention to news at all? or society at all? or politics? or even opened your eyes in school? You aren't surprised by this, I absolutely refuse to accept that. Which means that you're being sarcastic on a topic, that has already been pointed out hurts some people.. way to go.

I could have accepted your initial comment as being unthinking, but now you're moving into the territory of "digging after hitting rock bottom of douchebaggery incarnate". Stop digging please.

well shit, im sorry. i didn't know that the world was such a fucked up place. i thought those news stories were the minority, that the only reason they got to be news was because it was so rare.
and considering i didn't really have friends, who was i supposed to look at? i never knew anyone that had this happen to them. i didn't know.

TimelordSimone

Postby TimelordSimone » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm UTC

Welcome to the real world! It sucks, you're gonna love it.

I am fairly certain I can applicably quote Friends in 90% of situations.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:14 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:well shit, im sorry. i didn't know that the world was such a fucked up place. i thought those news stories were the minority, that the only reason they got to be news was because it was so rare.
and considering i didn't really have friends, who was i supposed to look at? i never knew anyone that had this happen to them. i didn't know.

You know what the solution is when you without thinking offends people? Even it is a minority and you don't how big it is? Or even if the minority is a single person?

Saying "Sorry for upsetting you, I didn't think my comment through, I'll try my best never to do this again".

Do you know what is the exact opposite of that? Being dismissive, flippant and jokey about it.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:15 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:so.... im in the minority? having a home life that is not hell is the uncommon thing?

Indeed. But then again, I would rather be like you; depressed about the sheer amount of abuse happening in millions, possibly hundreds of millions, of families and homes worldwide, than actually being part of an abusive household. This is what was stated earlier as 'privilege'; i.e. you appear to be the Boy in the Bubble and it's about high time you had a stern warning that not all society is a Simpsonesque white middle-class picket-fenced suburbia where kids play in the street, mean ol' grumpy-guts Mr. Jones yells at you to get off his lawn, crime only happens on TV, and mummy and daddy have devoted their lives to ensuring you're their specialest angel.

Indeed, by lurking moar, and listening to real, genuine, not-on-TV problems that many people-- even in this very forum--have, you'll quickly learn that phrases such as "My family are sooooo great. Aren't *everybody's* families just peachy too???!!" can be construed as a highly ignorant, stupid, and somewhat offensive remark to make, especially to people who have the depressing combination of a.) unhappy family life and b.) overprivileged ignoramuses espousing idyllic virtues that they haven't had the fortune of enjoying.

Anyway, you appear to have ninja'd this comment suggesting you're willing to accept and learn about how reality is different for people who aren't you, so the last paragraph might have come across a little harsh in this new light.

It's not something to be depressed about, but it is something you'll have to learn about if you ever want to know people outside of your comfort zone. Believe me: this forum is *way* out of your comfort zone, so stick around and learn a few things. You might just become a better person.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Tomlidich

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:17 pm UTC

Ulc wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:well shit, im sorry. i didn't know that the world was such a fucked up place. i thought those news stories were the minority, that the only reason they got to be news was because it was so rare.

You know what the solution is when you without thinking offends people? Even it is a minority and you don't how big it is? Or even if the minority is a single person?

Saying "Sorry for upsetting you, I didn't think my comment through, I'll try my best never to do this again".

Do you know what is the exact opposite of that? Being dismissive, flippant and jokey about it.

i don't know what makes you think im joking about this. and i did ninja my post to apoligize a while ago, but i will say it again: im sorry to all you nice people who i have offended/angered.

its a little tough to convey a proper idea sometimes for me, and sometimes that happens. this is porbably why i don't have any friends anymore. i would not be surprised if you banned me, and you would be completely right in doing so.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:17 pm UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:Welcome to the real world! It sucks, you're gonna love it.

I am fairly certain I can applicably quote Friends in 90% of situations.
Spoiler:

Tomlidich

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:21 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:so.... im in the minority? having a home life that is not hell is the uncommon thing?

Indeed. But then again, I would rather be like you; depressed about the sheer amount of abuse happening in millions, possibly hundreds of millions, of families and homes worldwide, than actually being part of an abusive household. This is what was stated earlier as 'privilege'; i.e. you appear to be the Boy in the Bubble and it's about high time you had a stern warning that not all society is a Simpsonesque white middle-class picket-fenced suburbia where kids play in the street, mean ol' grumpy-guts Mr. Jones yells at you to get off his lawn, crime only happens on TV, and mummy and daddy have devoted their lives to ensuring you're their specialest angel.

Indeed, by lurking moar, and listening to real, genuine, not-on-TV problems that many people-- even in this very forum--have, you'll quickly learn that phrases such as "My family are sooooo great. Aren't *everybody's* families just peachy too???!!" can be construed as a highly ignorant, stupid, and somewhat offensive remark to make, especially to people who have the depressing combination of a.) unhappy family life and b.) overprivileged ignoramuses espousing idyllic virtues that they haven't had the fortune of enjoying.

Anyway, you appear to have ninja'd this comment suggesting you're willing to accept and learn about how reality is different for people who aren't you, so the last paragraph might have come across a little harsh in this new light.

It's not something to be depressed about, but it is something you'll have to learn about if you ever want to know people outside of your comfort zone. Believe me: this forum is *way* out of your comfort zone, so stick around and learn a few things. You might just become a better person.

i have the sudden urge to find these people and make their lives better somehow. or at least just be there for em. shit.
is it weird that i really hate people for the cruel things they do to each other? i mean just when you think something can be safe, like your family, you find out about something like this.

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:22 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:
Ulc wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:

well shit, im sorry. i didn't know that the world was such a fucked up place. i thought those news stories were the minority, that the only reason they got to be news was because it was so rare.

I invite you to read (please DON'T post, seriously) through the threads bearing the Safespace tag and the ones in the Dear SB. This will start to give you a better understanding of all of the things that you take for granted. Knowing about them will help you with your future posting as the things we don't say on these forums are often as important than the things we do.

edit: Half ninja'd, I type too slow. :(
TrlstanC wrote:But, I'm still curious, did no one else ever learn about creationism in science class at some point, at least those who went to public school?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:37 pm UTC

See, this is why I like Tom. Dude's listening and learning and shit. And that's awesome.
(also, it's not unlike meeting someone who shares a lot of characteristics you had at an earlier age, and maybe I can help him get to the conclusions I'm at now... seven, eight years before I go there.)

Tom, don't stop learning. Ever. Question everything you think you already know about life.

Tomlidich

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:40 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:See, this is why I like Tom. Dude's listening and learning and shit. And that's awesome.
(also, it's not unlike meeting someone who shares a lot of characteristics you had at an earlier age, and maybe I can help him get to the conclusions I'm at now... seven, eight years before I go there.)

Tom, don't stop learning. Ever. Question everything you think you already know about life.

well thanks lol. i guess this is why i get along with 40+ people so well.

and i hope i never stop learning, too much to learn, not enough time. although as far as questioning everything.... why? XD

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:41 pm UTC

I'm very glad you're willing to learn.

I hope that you will be willing to learn to use proper punctuation and capitalization. It makes it much easier to read your posts when it follows the general syntax and grammar rules. But, that's for another day. Really, it helps so much to see proper capitalization. It makes your posts seem like you want people to actually read them, and understand your opinions, over dismissing them as jarring. It would probably go a long way to help those who are acting snarky toward you.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Tomlidich

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:43 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:I'm very glad you're willing to learn.

I hope that you will be willing to learn to use proper punctuation and capitalization. It makes it much easier to read your posts when it follows the general syntax and grammar rules. But, that's for another day. Really, it helps so much to see proper capitalization. It makes your posts seem like you want people to actually read them, and understand your opinions, over dismissing them as jarring. It would probably go a long way to help those who are acting snarky toward you.

uhhh... i made a mistake? im sorry, but i don't see it can you point it out for me?

thanks.

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 pm UTC

Yous trollin

roband

Postby roband » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:46 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:

uhhh... i made a mistake? im sorry, but i don't see it can you point it out for me?

thanks.

Uhh.
I.
I'm.
I.
Thanks.

Only 5 mistakes in a 20 word post ;)

ShootTheChicken
Best. Cheerleader. Ever.

Postby ShootTheChicken » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:47 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:
Uhhh... I made a mistake? I'm sorry, but I don't see it. Can you point it out for me?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ninja'd so hard.
SecondTalon wrote:the Hot Freshness of Wicked Classic.

Tomlidich

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:47 pm UTC

roband wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:

thanks.

Uhh.
I.
I'm.
I.
Thanks.

Only 5 mistakes in a 20 word post ;)

Ah ok so it was only capitalizations, not specifically punctuation.
Thank you.

Return to “General”