Pot

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

How much do you smoke?

none
63%
smoked a few times
17%
smoke every couple of months
5%
smoke every couple of weeks
3%
smoke every couple of days
4%
about once a day
3%
whats sober?
1%
otter/duck
4%

Total votes: 414

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Re: Pot

Postby Jack Saladin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:36 pm UTC

You'd probably just die, if you drank a whole glass of pure acid. Not that you or anyone you've ever met will ever be able to afford that much, ever.

Unicyclist

Postby Unicyclist » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:42 pm UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:You'd probably just die, if you drank a whole glass of pure acid. Not that you or anyone you've ever met will ever be able to afford that much, ever.

Alright, so 12,000 ug is the lethal dose. Though, you still can't lose your sanity with any amount of acid?
don't plow that beautiful field!

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:42 pm UTC

Yeah, you'd probably drop dead.

@ Jack

What if you made it? You could maybe afford it.

This discussion is a gateway discussion to discussing harder drugs!

By which I mean we are drifting slightly off topic.

Anyone got any weed + food recipes they'd like to share? Brownies are nice and all, but variety is the spice of life.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:55 pm UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:True, but Erowid doesn't actually have instructions for synthesizing acid (or anything else, for that matter), does it?

They do, but it's actually just a mirror of some old site, so it's no longer maintained by erowid. By the looks of it, it's more aimed at chemists, rather than a step by step. Besides that, I guess you're right that they don't host synthesis instructions (I just assumed they do).

[edit]
sleepygamer wrote:Anyone got any weed + food recipes they'd like to share? Brownies are nice and all, but variety is the spice of life.
If you look up a recipe for marijuana butter, it opens up a lot of doors.
Last edited by Iconoclast on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"When a cat walks down the street in a hat like that, people know that he's not afraid of anything."

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:58 pm UTC

Unicyclist wrote:Though, you still can't lose your sanity with any amount of acid?

No. It's possible* it might aggravate existing mental conditions (but if you're already a nut it's pretty clear you should stay away from psychedelics anyway), but it'll never put a healthy person in a mental asylum.

*By 'possible', I mean "we still don't know, some have hypothesized", not "there is a chance".

Unicyclist

Postby Unicyclist » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:59 am UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:
Unicyclist wrote:Though, you still can't lose your sanity with any amount of acid?

No. It's possible* it might aggravate existing mental conditions (but if you're already a nut it's pretty clear you should stay away from psychedelics anyway), but it'll never put a healthy person in a mental asylum.

*By 'possible', I mean "we still don't know, some have hypothesized", not "there is a chance".

For some reason(I've no idea where from) I was under the impression that you could take any amount of LSD with the only risk being psychological. Well... Least now I know...

Back on the marijuana topic: Anyone ever been scammed with male plants? A dealer friend of mine was trying to sell all male quarters for 10 dollars; he only dealt to people he didn't know.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 am UTC

Hoffman, the guy who first synthesized acid, wasn't sure what kind of doses to give himself so was taking multiple GRAM amounts. I don't think anyone's ever died from consuming too much acid; i think you just piss out non-metabolized LSD eventually.

the shits completely out of your system after 24-36 hrs purportedly.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Unicyclist

Postby Unicyclist » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Hoffman, the guy who first synthesized acid, wasn't sure what kind of doses to give himself so was taking multiple GRAM amounts. I don't think anyone's ever died from consuming too much acid; i think you just piss out non-metabolized LSD eventually.

I was also considering if something were to happen with skin absorption, such as a vial breaking in your hand.

Rat
Rattus Trolleri

Postby Rat » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:24 am UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:

just look at our good friend syd barrett!

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:59 am UTC

Iconoclast wrote:
Jessica wrote:When you say salvia, do you mean Sativa? It seems from a quick wiki search salvia means Sage, while sativa is pot.

Salvia. Hallucinogen legal in most states and countries (sorry, Australia). It is in the same Genus as sage, but obviously has different effects when ingested. Really fascinating plant.

Quick clarification here - Salvia, as a word, does indeed mean sage. Salvia divinorum is a species of sage that has hallucinogenic effects and is generally what people actually mean when they say "salvia".
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

SmokyMcpothead

Postby SmokyMcpothead » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:48 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:
Anyone got any weed + food recipes they'd like to share? Brownies are nice and all, but variety is the spice of life.

I always found that adding it to most supermarket cake or cookie mixes did the job. Or if you are in the mood for a more savoury snack why not try grinding the greens up and sprinkling it over a pizza as a garnish.

Yummy and funny!!!
Wretched hive of scum and villainy? Woo-hoo, count me in!

Light sabers don't kill people. Jedis kill people.

Plasma Man
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Postby Plasma Man » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:22 pm UTC

I smoked it on and off for about 5 years, varying a lot in how much I got through each week. I do like it a lot, and there's not a lot better than having a few joints and chilling out with some friends, but I've now pretty much given up. I now only have any as a treat, so I'll have some around my birthday, maybe some around Christmas / New Year and occaisionally join in if there's some going round at a party. It's still good and I still like it, but I only really like to smoke it mixed with tobacco, so that equals badness for my lungs. I've tried all the other ways - bongs are ok, but a bit of a hassle, I didn't really enjoy it so much with a vaporiser, and cooking with it didn't seem to have much effect on me.

I've had salvia divinorum a couple of times, it seemed to act as a mood enhancer for me - so not good for using when I'm alone, but it was very good with friends. Speed did exactly what it says on the tin, just gave me a bit more energy, but it wasn't especially enjoyable, so I don't bother with that. Mushrooms I've found vary a lot in potency and effect, the best I've had produced a cool effect that felt like a combination of being stoned and being drunk, but nicer than either and with a few minor visual effects for good measure (seeing trails behind things as they moved, some shimmering on coloured fabrics). They're a bit too unreliable for my liking though, so I don't really have them.

So essentially, I've tried a lot of stuff, pot would be my favourite but smoking it isn't good for my lungs, so for someone who's in favour of legalising pretty much everything, I wouldn't really use much of it.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

Rat
Rattus Trolleri

Postby Rat » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:24 pm UTC

i've never tried any special foods. i want to, but the last time i thought about cooking something i couldn't find a straight answer as to how much pot is needed. seems like most brownie recipes call for amounts in the half ounce to ounce range, but i'm not looking to feed an army, and i don't know if the recipes i found took potency into account. i think i read somewhere that a ~gram ingested is enough to get a person high?

i think i'll try again next week, now that i've accumulated some moneys

Plasma Man
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Postby Plasma Man » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:29 pm UTC

I'm not sure if this will translate for those not in Blighty, but resin crumbled onto Skips was a favourite at parties.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:45 pm UTC

Rat wrote:i've never tried any special foods. i want to, but the last time i thought about cooking something i couldn't find a straight answer as to how much pot is needed. seems like most brownie recipes call for amounts in the half ounce to ounce range, but i'm not looking to feed an army, and i don't know if the recipes i found took potency into account. i think i read somewhere that a ~gram ingested is enough to get a person high?
There is no "straight answer". If you make about twelve brownies using half an ounce, one brownie will probably get you pretty damn wasted.
I'm not sure if this will translate for those not in Blighty, but resin crumbled onto Skips was a favourite at parties.
Wouldn't you end up with a crapload of rocks at the bottom of the packet?
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Irrational (?)

Postby 3.14159265... » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:01 pm UTC

Rat, a gram is perfectly enough to get you high when baked.

Make muffins, and make it so you end up with about a gram in each or the same with brownies.

Word of Advice: After eating it, and not noticing any effects do not eat more or smoke more. It takes 1-2 hours to take effect.
"The best times in life are the ones when you can genuinely add a "Bwa" to your "ha""- Chris Hastings

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:14 pm UTC

3.14159265... wrote:Rat, a gram is perfectly enough to get you high when baked.

Make muffins, and make it so you end up with about a gram in each or the same with brownies.

Word of Advice: After eating it, and not noticing any effects do not eat more or smoke more. It takes 1-2 hours to take effect.

In my experience, it never kicks in until you decide it won't, and eat/smoke more. Then you melt.
"When a cat walks down the street in a hat like that, people know that he's not afraid of anything."

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:18 pm UTC

I distinctly hazily remember getting a care package from a friend my freshman year, and exclaiming, "Oooo, brownies!" and eating one, thinking there was an odd taste, eating another (i was a bit high at the time), and then flipping open the letter included, my eyes widening in terror at the "Enjoy these 'special' brownies I made for you with nearly half an oz!" (there were maybe 5 brownies?)...

Figured what the hell, and about halfway through calculus had to leave because integrals looked so funny.

edit: You do melt... melt into gooey, brownie deliciousness.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Irrational (?)

Postby 3.14159265... » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:18 pm UTC

Iconoclast wrote:
3.14159265... wrote:Rat, a gram is perfectly enough to get you high when baked.

In my experience, it never kicks in until you decide it won't, and eat/smoke more. Then you melt.

I became my fibre optic lamp.
"The best times in life are the ones when you can genuinely add a "Bwa" to your "ha""- Chris Hastings

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:08 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Hoffman, the guy who first synthesized acid, wasn't sure what kind of doses to give himself so was taking multiple GRAM amounts. I don't think anyone's ever died from consuming too much acid; i think you just piss out non-metabolized LSD eventually.

On Bicycle Day, the first time anyone ever intentionally ingested LSD, Hofmann took 250 µg. I don't think he ever took anywhere near a gram.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:02 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:Anyone got any weed + food recipes they'd like to share? Brownies are nice and all, but variety is the spice of life.

From High Times magazine:

Code: Select all

1 stick of unsalted butter
7-10 grams of cannabis, cleaned and chopped fine
2 lbs unpeeled shrimp
3/4 cup crushed pecans
1 fresh lemon (half for the recipe, the other half to clean your hands)
1 head of butter lettuce
diced garlic to taste
salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
As much Kentucky Bourbon as you can drink—without acting like a donkey (save 1/8 cup for the shrimp

In a double-boiler, heat ganja and butter on low for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid singeing the ganja. Meanwhile, peel and clean the shrimp. Strain the vegetative matter from the butter. In a heavy pan, add all the ingredients (except lettuce), and cook on low heat until the shrimp is bright pink. (I did this in a cast-iron skillet on a grill and added hickory chips to the fir for smokiness, but it can be done on the stove just as easily.) Let your guests wrap their own; people like playing with food, and adults are no exception. Stones 6-8. (Unless they're Cajuns, who will eat all the shrimp before it even hits the table.)
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

wst

Postby wst » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:21 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:the shits completely out of your system after 24-36 hrs purportedly.

Nope, stays in body fat for years. At least, that's what drug ed told us. One speaker told us about the time he had a trip, 5-6 year post-acid, in the middle of a business interview. He returned just in time for the person not to notice anything was up. Ended up having a total detox thing.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

mazzilliu

Postby mazzilliu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:28 pm UTC

wst wrote:
Izawwlgood wrote:the shits completely out of your system after 24-36 hrs purportedly.

Nope, stays in body fat for years. At least, that's what drug ed told us. One speaker told us about the time he had a trip, 5-6 year post-acid, in the middle of a business interview. He returned just in time for the person not to notice anything was up. Ended up having a total detox thing.

drug ed lied to you
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Freakish

Postby Freakish » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:10 pm UTC

mazzilliu wrote:
wst wrote:

drug ed lied to you

They can do that?!?!?!
Freakish Inc. We completely understand the public’s concern about futuristic robots feeding on the human population

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:18 pm UTC

I recall reading that LSD isn't fat soluble. Marijuana is, and likely can stay in your body for years (i know as I lost weight after quitting, i was 'groggy' for a long time)

But yes, LSD is purportedly entirely out of your system after 24-36 hrs.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:21 pm UTC

Freakish wrote:
mazzilliu wrote:
wst wrote:

drug ed lied to you

They can do that?!?!?!

Yes. Their jobs is to keep you off drugs. Or at least try. They'll lie their ASSES off.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Gunfingers

Postby Gunfingers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:22 pm UTC

It's actually part of the ONDCP's charter (or whatever offices have) that they cannot say anything positive about drugs.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:29 pm UTC

Because abstinence based education works so well.

Gunfingers

Postby Gunfingers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:30 pm UTC

Just sayin', broken system by design.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:37 pm UTC

Just agreeing. My little brother knows nothing about drugs save for how they ruin your life and blow up your head.

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:58 pm UTC

Truly pathetic that our school system puts kids on drugs (OMGADHDZ) at such a young age, then repeats urban legends about drugs deemed harmful (WTFLSDZ). As has been said earlier in this thread (I think it was this one): If a teacher tells you there is a man in town who took acid and now thinks he is a glass of orange juice, punch them in the face (LOLOJZ).

Unicyclist

Postby Unicyclist » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:24 pm UTC

Gunfingers wrote:It's actually part of the ONDCP's charter (or whatever offices have) that they cannot say anything positive about drugs.

My freshman year I did a report on LSD. After I had played Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and talked about how it came about, I started to get into how it's relatively safe if used responsibly; the teacher made me stop because I was advocating drug use...

That's actually the reason I started learning about them myself; their plan back fired. No I wouldn't like to join the track team, I'd rather go get high. Fuck you.

Gunfingers

Postby Gunfingers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:26 pm UTC

Well, way to take part in a recreational activity instead of improving yourself*. You showed them.

*Assuming running, or fitness in general, falls into your category of self-improvement. I know it's a big thing to me.

wst

Postby wst » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:29 pm UTC

I know that school lies as far as valency shells are concerned, and sex (for one thing, you'd get splinters having sex on a shed floor- those 2 in the video didn't). Hmm, that's 3 lies then. Unless we're reading the wrong history textbooks...

Iconoclast wrote: If a teacher tells you there is a man in town who took acid and now thinks he is a glass of orange juice, punch them in the face (LOLOJZ).

There's a guy in my town who thinks he's Jesus. He asked me for 10p for a train ticket to a court case related to him giving Muslims shit ("If you were me, wouldn't you?", I think he asked, rhetorically). I gave him 20p, but ended up being lectured on how I was a decent person, like Jesus. Thefuck? (Oh, he was on allll sorts back in the day)
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Unicyclist

Postby Unicyclist » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:34 pm UTC

Gunfingers wrote:Well, way to take part in a recreational activity instead of improving yourself*. You showed them.
*Assuming running, or fitness in general, falls into your category of self-improvement. I know it's a big thing to me.

I've never been a fitness buff(or school spirited). I ride my unicycle daily(almost) to keep myself healthy(?), but that's it(as far as intentional, planned activities).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:35 pm UTC

I think their plan backfired insofar as you WERE actually seeking drug education, and were told to stop. As for whether or not getting high is better or worse then joining the track team, I'd claim no, but thats personal opinion (i ran in HS, and loved it, and am currently training for a marathon, so it's sort of biased in the same way asking a musician if they'd rather eat a brownie or jam with friends...)

I don't see why you can't do both? (AT THE SAME TIME!!!)

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:56 pm UTC

Wasn't there a football (real football :wink:) player who quit playing so he could smoke more weed?

Also, has anyone seen that America is the world's biggest marijuana consumer (per capita, at that)? So I guess you should think of America when you think of weed, rather than the Netherlands (where a paltry 19.8% tried marijuana, compared to America's 42.4%).

America… FUCK YEAH!

[edit] in the course of looking for that article, I found this. Apparently it's America's biggest cash crop, too.
Last edited by Iconoclast on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:07 am UTC

New zealand always comes second. It's the same story with teen pregnancies. We're just good at being number 2. But that study was of only 17 countries.

And I'm going to see if i can go for a few months without weed. I'm not addicted, and I don't smoke that much, i just want to see if i can. I'll miss it, and I'll spend more money on alcohol (I just realised how cheap it is) and other drugs, but i want to see what I'm like without it.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Unicyclist

Postby Unicyclist » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:21 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:I think their plan backfired insofar as you WERE actually seeking drug education, and were told to stop. As for whether or not getting high is better or worse then joining the track team, I'd claim no, but thats personal opinion (i ran in HS, and loved it, and am currently training for a marathon, so it's sort of biased in the same way asking a musician if they'd rather eat a brownie or jam with friends...)
I don't see why you can't do both? (AT THE SAME TIME!!!)

The teacher for the class I was doing the project in was also coach of the track team; he asked me to join. I probably would have made the same decision without drugs. I dislike team competitiveness(actually a word).

If you play the proper instrument, I see no reason why you can't enjoy a delicious brownie and jam. Or you could pull that hold it with your mouth while you eat trick, then you can play anything with two hands!

Freakish

Postby Freakish » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:10 am UTC

Iconoclast wrote:So I guess you should think of America when you think of weed, rather than the Netherlands (where a paltry 19.8% tried marijuana, compared to America's 42.4%).

I believe from the last study done by the UN, Canada had the 4th largest amount of stoners at ~17% Netherlands at ~15% and the USA at ~12%.

Here's what I won for having the best anti-drug essay at the end of our DARE program in grade 5/6(?)

Spoiler:
The Lion, not my Sherlock.
Freakish Inc. We completely understand the public’s concern about futuristic robots feeding on the human population

Return to “General”