Page 2 of 2

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:18 pm UTC
by Awia
LE4dGOLEM wrote:
SirMustapha wrote:"Letting it mellow", I believe, doesn't quite work for me. I hate the smell of urine; and no matter how "mellow" it is, on the next disturbance, the smell that emanates from it is unbearable.

You need to drink more. Lots more.

Only if you are into that sort of thing...

Oh...You meant water...

Edit: This is my Pi post, I really should keep track of these and use them for something more constructive.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:12 pm UTC
by gmalivuk
Yeah, really strong-smelling pee can be a sign that you're not drinking enough water. (Though completely clear pee means you're drinking too much and are probably messing your electrolytes all to hell. It's piss. It's supposed to smell a little.)

I first saw explicitly two-flush toilets in New Zealand in 2005, but I've since discovered from experience that lots of American toilets do the same thing with the amount of time you hold down the flusher, instead of with two separate buttons. The problem of course is that people don't always know this, so either hold it down too long and use a poop flush for urine only, or don't hold it down long enough and leave floaters when they should have used a poop flush.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:19 pm UTC
by Bakemaster
gmalivuk wrote:completely clear pee means you're drinking too much and are probably messing your electrolytes all to hell. It's piss. It's supposed to smell a little.

SHENANIGANS! Clear pee means you are well hydrated, and it still smells a little. It's very difficult to drink too much water, and if you are drinking enough to suffer water intoxication, you will get sick before you start pissing it back out.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 pm UTC
by gmalivuk
I'm talking *really* clear, odorless pee. I drink at least 2L of water daily and never have that happen.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:52 pm UTC
by LE4dGOLEM
I am talking about drinking more water than current which is apparently causing horribly malodorous pee from one expulsion.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:40 am UTC
by Bakemaster
I am talking about WAIT LE4d HAS 5000 POSTS
Image

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:40 am UTC
by Rat
seems like everyone here has something shitty to say about the sinkpisser.. problem is, he already countered most of your arguments in his first post.

EdgarJPublius wrote:On Peeing in the sink:
Fluid-dynamics pretty much ensures that the very instant urine leaves your urethra (I'm pretty sure that's the correct body-part/whatever, I absolutely refuse to do any research on this subject) it's going to mist and droplets are going to float around all over the very near vicinity of your penis. In/around a toilet, that would be alright, the near vicinity mostly consists of more toilet and a little strip of porcelain that nobody uses for anything anyway (the lip of the toilet on which the seat sits when it is down). it doesn't matter how good your aim is, or if you shoot your stream into a stream of water or whatever other clever method of avoiding splashage you've devised, as, like I said earlier, the instant it leaves you're body, mist and droplets are already forming and spreading tot he nearby vicinity.
In the sink, this nearby vicinity is generally used for stuff, hygenic stuff, like hand soap and tooth-brushes, and is usually an area that is considered itself to be 'hygenic' when your piss mist/droplets get all over, that instantly ceases. prolonged usage of the sink as a pisser will most likely lead to smells as the urine sits and stagnates on your sinks near vicinity, unless you clean it after pissing (which is less convenient and more water wasteful than your hands-washing=flushing method) and it will probably stain as well, the yellow stain of the sink-pisser.


BTFW,
you're overlooking height. the OP says he's tall and the distance from penis to surface makes a huge difference when it comes to mist/splashage. i'm tall and from personal experience i can tell you that sinkpissing is far less messy. i have piss droplets all over the walls and floor because urinating from that high up not only makes it harder to aim but when the urine hits the water some of it splashes back out. the sink is right there though. i would have to get on my knees every time i took a piss in the toilet to get the same effect as a sink. even after all that it's still worse because the toilet is full of useless water, whereas the sink acts like a urinal. all the urine stays in the sink and when you turn on the faucet it all gets washed down the drain because the water coming off your hands when you wash them is enough to rinse the sides of the sink where any droplets may linger and if any little minuscule droplets that i can't even fucking see without a microscope or some shit land on my fucking toothbrush then so be it because i'm probably far worse off using this fucking keyboard.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:04 am UTC
by EdgarJPublius
Right, because everyone else shares your every opinion, especially that minuscule pee-droplets getting in their mouth is nothing to worry about and sinkpissing is totally acceptable because of this. So you should totally act like I just stole your parade and pissed in your cheerios because I don't want pee in my mouth, even a minuscule amount and I totally don't understand how mouth-pee was addressed in the opening post (Hold on, I'll read it again... nope, still not there).

Although, since apparently your argument is taller=better, 1.) I'm 6'6 so don't step to that, and 2.) the taller you are, the more minuscule pee droplets get on your toothbrush and hand soap.

And I'm sorry you apparently piss on and/or brush your teeth with your fucking keyboard, srsly, WTF is up with that? Use your regular keyboard for that shit.

There are probably more pithy dismissals of your inability to comprehend the difference between socially acceptable behavior and your opinion of what socially acceptable behavior should be but it's two in the morning and I need to take a shower wicked bad so I can piss without destroying the environment (I'll have more on that tomorrow).

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:41 pm UTC
by Kachi
I really hope you're not suggesting that whether or not something is currently socially acceptable is the "gold" standard for deciding whether or not to actually do it.

Move your toothbrush farther away from the sink? I actually have a cap that goes over mine, and there is absolutely nothing on the outside of it.

I mean, don't knock it til you've tried it just because it "sounds gross."

And thank you, Rat for pointing out that I had already countered most of the arguments other people made. I'm a bit dissappointed at the willingness to read (or worse, the reading level) here. For those that I hadn't explicitly addressed (though I really shouldn't have to):

Wouldn't opening the faucet while leaking work to counter the benefits one would seek to gain?


Naturally it would, but as long as it uses less water than your toilet flush, it's still an advantage. Unless you're taking a really long leak, it will probably still come out ahead.

And I'm sorry you apparently piss on and/or brush your teeth with your fucking keyboard


I'm sure he's alluding to the fact that the average toilet seat is substantially cleaner than many household appliances, such as keyboards, doorknobs, remote controls, and telephones, because they are frequently touched by hand and almost never cleaned. So complaining about a few microscopic mist droplets that might touch something (and probably evaporate completely shortly after) comes across as a bit hypocritic when most people have no problems exposing themselves to such dirty surfaces daily and then touching their faces, eating, what have you. FYI, I clean mine. Nevermind that the flouride in your toothpaste will almost undoubtedly kill any germs that might have misted onto your toothbrush even if that were actually a concern.

Oh also, with soap. It's... soap. If you have urine droplets on soap, and you wash your hands off with it, I'm going to safely assume that you're also washing off the urine mistlets. Hell, most people I know that share a bar of soap with someone in the shower feel perfectly safe washing their face with the same bar that someone washes their ass and groin with. Somehow, they all seem to come out of it unscathed. No pinkeye or anything.

So what about when you have to shake out the last few drops with your weenie right over the sink?


They go into the sink. :wink:

That part, of course, probably resulting in as much wasted water as someone who uses the toilet but only washes when it's actually pointful to do so. (Also, if urine's so sterile that it's fine to have in your sink, why are you bothering to wash your hands at all after merely urinating?)


Firstly, allow me to apologize for being OCD?

But sarcasm aside, you should wash your hands after urinating not because you're getting urine on your hands (which you shouldn't be), but because of the bacteria that grow in your pubic region when moisture from sweat accumulates, and that region is generally not well-aerated. Men should wash their hands after peeing because they touch their penis, not their urine.

Grey water recycling and two flush toilets are great. If you have em, by all means, use em, and showerpissing too, (why, it's second nature to a sinkpisser). Most of us don't.

I can't imagine someone thinking 'I'm going to save water by pissing in the sink where I compulsively wash my hands, Sterile, convenient, and good for the environment too!' where does that sort of thought come from? there's really nothing about it I can think of as redeeming in any way.


That's fine, but so far you haven't well supported your hypothesis. I would say that your conclusion doesn't hold water. :P

I might throw out there that I am a health professional, and very familiar with disease control, so if you're going to seriously argue with me over a light-hearted suggestion, bring more ammo. I'm not insinuating that I'm always right, but it's not something that I nonchalantly decided to throw out there without looking into first.

I have one of those. I should put a "more magic" label on the poop button.


Does your toilet crash when you deactivate it? :shock:

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:45 pm UTC
by SecondTalon
Wisdom of Jahx - "Sure, I pee when I'm in the shower but at least you know I washed my hands."

As far as urinating in one's property.. the key word is privacy. The way I've always understood the law (though this may only apply in Kentucky, check your local laws) is that if a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy (That is, it's not a public area, there's vision barriers, etc) then it's not indecent exposure or whatever and you cannot be arrested for it. If I'm remembering the example, it was a nudist attempting to live the nudist way at home while also enjoying sunlight through windows - they weren't responsible for people glancing in normal sized windows and seeing their naked ass bounding around the house, as their house was 10+ yards from the road, neighbor's houses were 5+ yards distant, and one would have a reasonable expectation of not having people looking in to their windows.

So, assuming the backyard has privacy fences, hedges, or whatever, then it probably wouldn't be illegal. Where backyards butt up to backyards and you can see from backdoor to backdoor, it's going to be at least indecent exposure should someone complain. Doing it off the balcony of your fourth floor apartment is completely out.

It'd still be a good idea to check with the local laws before engaging in a backyard pee-off with your friends or whatever the hell it is you're wanting to do.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:02 pm UTC
by Rat
SecondTalon wrote:It'd still be a good idea to check with the local laws before engaging in a backyard pee-off with your friends or whatever the hell it is you're wanting to do.


snowpissing.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:09 pm UTC
by Dingbats
FWIW, two-flush toilets are pretty much standard here in Sweden.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:43 pm UTC
by EdgarJPublius
Kachi wrote:I really hope you're not suggesting that whether or not something is currently socially acceptable is the "gold" standard for deciding whether or not to actually do it.

Not all, although I might add that social standards generally exist for a reason, espescially when it comes to hygienic practices, really most of that post was making fun of Rat because he was frankly taking the whole thing way too seriously.
Kachi wrote:
And I'm sorry you apparently piss on and/or brush your teeth with your fucking keyboard


I'm sure he's alluding to the fact that the average toilet seat is substantially cleaner than many household appliances, such as keyboards, doorknobs, remote controls, and telephones, because they are frequently touched by hand and almost never cleaned.
most of the grime on such things however is mostly dead-skin-cells, other assorted dust, maybe some sweat stains and/or oil, at worst it's still not exactly a breeding place for germs, not to say that germs can't be transmitted here, as they most assuredly can, but it's about the same risk as just about every other form of human contact, and Diseases aren't my concern anyway.
Kachi wrote: So complaining about a few microscopic mist droplets that might touch something (and probably evaporate completely shortly after) comes across as a bit hypocritic when most people have no problems exposing themselves to such dirty surfaces daily and then touching their faces, eating, what have you. FYI, I clean mine. Nevermind that the flouride in your toothpaste will almost undoubtedly kill any germs that might have misted onto your toothbrush even if that were actually a concern.

I said germs aren't my concern, Pee is generally sterile after all, but that doesn't make it good for you, oh no, not by a long shot! Like I said before, it's a stew of nasty chemicals, toxins and other chemicals that degrade into ammonia, which isn't exactly good for you either. You know what happens when it evaporates? well, it doesn't, not completely, like just about every other mixture, it leaves behind a residue, in this case, a residue of of salts and toxins and other nasty chemicals. Fluoridation won't help you here, nor will soap. Yes, that yellow ring around your toilet bowl (well, your sink) is urine residue, takes a mite bit more cleaning than your normal sink grime too and over time can corrode your sink (depending on what it's made of, porcelain is pretty resistant to that kind of stuff, but non-porcelain sinks generally aren't) you may be fine with a yellow, corroded sink bowl, many of us aren't.
Kachi wrote:
So what about when you have to shake out the last few drops with your weenie right over the sink?


They go into the sink. :wink:

They might...

Kachi wrote:
I can't imagine someone thinking 'I'm going to save water by pissing in the sink where I compulsively wash my hands, Sterile, convenient, and good for the environment too!' where does that sort of thought come from? there's really nothing about it I can think of as redeeming in any way.


That's fine, but so far you haven't well supported your hypothesis. I would say that your conclusion doesn't hold water. :P

I might throw out there that I am a health professional, and very familiar with disease control, so if you're going to seriously argue with me over a light-hearted suggestion, bring more ammo. I'm not insinuating that I'm always right, but it's not something that I nonchalantly decided to throw out there without looking into first.

Disease control isn't my concern. As for holding water, Why do I ask, do you consider that an admirable goal?

The world is 70+% water, it always has been, and unless we start shooting lots of it into space it always will be.
'Oh, but only $_ridiculously_small percent of that is fresh water! And $_large percent of that is locked up in the icecaps!' you might say.
You know what? Do you want to? It has always been that way, and unless something happens on a massive scale, that's not going to change any time soon. Salt water will evaporate into fresh-water, rain or snow on land and run into rivers and soak into aquifers and flow back into the ocean and the whole time the amount of accesible fresh-water on the planet didn't change enough to be noticed, not even after the process runs for billions of years and that fresh water starts getting drunk by all kinds of creatures who just squirt it back into the system.
All that water you've 'saved' by pissing in your sink? You know where it goes? back into the system.
some municipal water systems use waste reclamation, some use a local lake, sometimes there's a different system for black water (your toilet water, generally this is dumped into a lake or other reservoir even if gray-water is reclaimed). But in the end, nothing is changing, water you use at some point evaporates, or is dumped into a reservoir and evaporates, and in the end, it all just goes back in the system to be part of that $_ridiculously_small percent of the earth's water supply that is fresh.

So, if you live in a desert and water has to be pumped to you expensively through a limited capacity pipe-line, then go ahead, piss in the sink to save water, because for you, it is indeed a precious commodity. If you get water from a reservoir that is just a bit too small for the community it services? Go ahead, piss in the sink. If you get water from a well? Go ahead piss in the sink.f
If you want to save the environment? Ride your bike, take a bus, don't use aerosol sprays, but go ahead and piss in your toilet all you want.
Communities can suffer from a limited water supply, in these cases saving water in some areas ensures there's plenty for everyone and all their needs. But saving water locally isn't going to affect the global water supply, it isn't going to save the environment, nobody in Ethiopia will benefit from your water frugality, nor will it stop global warming or deforestation or what-have-you.
Piss in the sink all you want, but do it to save water, not the environment.
I won't even start on the swirly light-bulb and how environmentally 'friendly' it is to manufacture and dispose of (protip: Use LED lightbulbs instead).

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:56 pm UTC
by Raiku
I was recently the 'Head Dude' on a project at my school so we could try to save water from the mad toilets-I mean, our urinals were flushing out 10 litres of water avery 6(ish) minutes, even when the school was closed!

So, we did lots of research, and found some valves called SmartFlush, which sent out 1 litre of water, only when the urinals felt the pee hitting them.
These valves weren't that expensive either, and so for money, me and my team wangled the people who run our school out of almost £8000 for our school!

We would only tell them about our idea if we got to keep the money saved for the first year-our school cut its costs from about £11,500 down to £300!

So we switched to these valves, which was much easier than us peeing in the sink-so I think peeing in the sink is a bit... mad...

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:01 pm UTC
by quintopia
EdgarJPublius wrote:So you should totally act like I just stole your parade and pissed in your cheerios because I don't want pee in my mouth, even a minuscule amount.


You should probably kill yourself then, as it's normal for saliva to contain small amounts of urea.

See: http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve ... 6905001597

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 pm UTC
by EdgarJPublius
urea yes, stew of discarded toxins and other organic-chemicals that degrade into ammonia, no.

And telling people to kill themselves is hardly conducive to a pleasant discourse, you should try to avoid doing so in the future.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:40 pm UTC
by gmalivuk
A: I don't want any poo in my mouth.
B: Then you should kill yourself. Because your saliva, like poo, contains some water.

Re: Pee is serious business.

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:17 am UTC
by '; DROP DATABASE;--
My parents are so wasteful, the rule here is flush every. single. time. It drives me nuts. I want one of those two-flush toilets with a sink on the back. :(

As for pissing in the sink, my thoughts are basically "eww no" for most of the reasons people have mentioned. The shower, I might. American-style toilets are pretty inefficient.