I Have 850 Gumballs (FREE GUMBALLS, P. 2!!)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Mr.RobLikesBrunch

Re: I Have 850 Gumballs

Postby Mr.RobLikesBrunch » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:17 am UTC

GuitarFreak wrote:
fishyfish777 wrote:¡This cheese is burning me!

This, but stuffed with gumballs.

http://www.gumballs.com/large-gumballs.html

Considering that box of 850 costs $29.99, I'm thinking of getting one now.

[EDIT] OH SHI~
http://www.gumball.com/8500-count-gumballs.aspx

That site is amazing.

That's it, my brother's getting a delivery in the mail. Hilarity will ensue.

EDIT:

Wait, I think I might go with 22,000 pieces of chicle gum instead.

http://www.gumball.com/dubble-bubble-bo ... e-gum.aspx

...or maybe 21750 candy bananas...

http://www.gumball.com/banana_heads_candy.aspx

SO MUCH CHOICE! :shock:

*awesome*
Last edited by Mr.RobLikesBrunch on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:27 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Give gumballs to every person who posts in this thread.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

CJTnoir

Postby CJTnoir » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:40 am UTC

Run around chewing gum, plugging holes in dams and otherwise saving little below-sea-level villages.
...that's awkward.

ethraax

Postby ethraax » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:46 am UTC

CJTnoir wrote:Run around chewing gum, plugging holes in dams and otherwise saving little below-sea-level villages.

And New Orleans.

You could always try to juggle all 850 at once. I'll give you $5 if you can.
Meowgan wrote:It's just like knitting, but with less knitting.

RealGrouchy
Nobody Misses Me As Much As Meaux.

Postby RealGrouchy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:01 am UTC

ethraax wrote:You could always try to juggle all 850 at once. I'll give you $5 if you can.
I'll take that offer, so long as I can keep them all in the one box...

- RG>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., lock'd
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to REMOVE THE GAP BETWEEN HIS QUOTES....
Sungura wrote:I don't really miss him. At all. He was pretty grouchy.

ethraax

Postby ethraax » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:38 pm UTC

RealGrouchy wrote:
ethraax wrote:You could always try to juggle all 850 at once. I'll give you $5 if you can.

Hmm, how heavy would 850 gumballs be, anyways? Something tells me not that heavy, but I have a hard time imagining out-of-the-ordinary things...

And I'm withdrawing that offer before the OP says anything.
Meowgan wrote:It's just like knitting, but with less knitting.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:45 pm UTC

0range wrote:Roll them down a huge flight of stairs? You probably shouldn't do it when people are on the stairs, but I would.
Races!1

I prefer rolling Jaffas down the aisles in movie theatres.

Make a gum sculpture. Like a giant pony or something.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

MoonBuggy

Postby MoonBuggy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:15 pm UTC

Senefen wrote:What you should do is get a texta and draw a different experision on all of them. Then take them to school/uni/college and just put them everywhere. In trees, on shelves, bluetacked to walls, in the hands of statues. Hide them inside things in the staff kitchens like the tea/coffee/sugar containers. Put an egg carton in their fridge with horrified looking gumballs instead of eggs.

I know it's already been said, but this is without doubt the greatest idea in history. Ever.

Mr.RobLikesBrunch wrote:Wait, I think I might go with 22,000 pieces of chicle gum instead.

Why must so much awesomeness be located outside reasonable postage distance of me?

Although I suppose it's probably a good thing that I'm now unable to waste $300 buying my bodyweight in gum...
Michael McClary, in alt.fusion, wrote:Irrigation of the land with sewater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.

Mr.RobLikesBrunch

Postby Mr.RobLikesBrunch » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:19 pm UTC

MoonBuggy wrote:
Senefen wrote:What you should do is get a texta and draw a different experision on all of them. Then take them to school/uni/college and just put them everywhere. In trees, on shelves, bluetacked to walls, in the hands of statues. Hide them inside things in the staff kitchens like the tea/coffee/sugar containers. Put an egg carton in their fridge with horrified looking gumballs instead of eggs.

I know it's already been said, but this is without doubt the greatest idea in history. Ever.

Mr.RobLikesBrunch wrote:Wait, I think I might go with 22,000 pieces of chicle gum instead.

Why must so much awesomeness be located outside reasonable postage distance of me?

Although I suppose it's probably a good thing that I'm now unable to waste $300 buying my bodyweight in gum...

...but...but....they offer free shipping for orders over 85 cases....

You could swim in gum!

RetSpline

Postby RetSpline » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:26 pm UTC

Depending on if you are the type of person who could go through with it:

Get a van, and write "Free Candy" on the side, and give one gumball to every person you see. Hopefully, this will eventually attract the attention of a concerned parent/citizen. Now, at this point it's essential to make sure that you look trustworthy, the only thing out-of-place is that you're giving away candy. I'd suggest wearing a suit.

Anyways, escalate the situation until you're interviewed by a newspaper, at least. Claim the entire time that you just had 850 spare gumballs, and that you wanted to give back to your great community. You may also want to act incredulous that someone would even assume that you were a bad person, after all, who doesn't like candy?

This would even work better if you were the type of person who is well known as a community benefactor. Were you to do this plan, spend a few months beforehand volunteering and doing charity work. "That man is giving candy to children!" "I saw him the other week at the food kitchen."

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:46 pm UTC

MoonBuggy wrote:

Oh wow, that reminds me of the Catharsis comic way back in the day:
eggies.jpg
eggies.jpg (104.92 KiB) Viewed 3777 times

What about dress up like santa in the mall and give one away to each kid? Or be lazy and donate it to the santa there for the cause.

cwoodin

Postby cwoodin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:03 pm UTC

RetSpline wrote:Depending on if you are the type of person who could go through with it:

Get a van, and write "Free Candy" on the side, and give one gumball to every person you see. Hopefully, this will eventually attract the attention of a concerned parent/citizen. Now, at this point it's essential to make sure that you look trustworthy, the only thing out-of-place is that you're giving away candy. I'd suggest wearing a suit.

Anyways, escalate the situation until you're interviewed by a newspaper, at least. Claim the entire time that you just had 850 spare gumballs, and that you wanted to give back to your great community. You may also want to act incredulous that someone would even assume that you were a bad person, after all, who doesn't like candy?

This would even work better if you were the type of person who is well known as a community benefactor. Were you to do this plan, spend a few months beforehand volunteering and doing charity work. "That man is giving candy to children!" "I saw him the other week at the food kitchen."
I like the idea that you would act completely incredulous that anyone is calling you out on giving free candy to kids.
He said he never tells a lie!
He was lying about that.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:32 pm UTC

cwoodin wrote:
RetSpline wrote:Depending on if you are the type of person who could go through with it:

I like the idea that you would act completely incredulous that anyone is calling you out on giving free candy to kids.

That has elaborated so much on my previous idea....I love it.
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

Turtle_

Postby Turtle_ » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:09 pm UTC

Marbas wrote:Microwave them and use them to assault passerby.

What exactly happens to a microwaved gumball?

Senefen wrote:First: Good for you!

What you should do is get a texta and draw a different experision on all of them. Then take them to school/uni/college and just put them everywhere. In trees, on shelves, bluetacked to walls, in the hands of statues. Hide them inside things in the staff kitchens like the tea/coffee/sugar containers. Put an egg carton in their fridge with horrified looking gumballs instead of eggs.

That would be an awesome idea. Some people at my school left goldfish (the crackers) in random places around the school, but only about ten :?.
"Sometimes lies were more dependable than the truth." ~ Ender's Game
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." ~ Charles Darwin

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:44 pm UTC

Turtle_ wrote:
Empirical results are in: after several seconds, it turn into a acrid smoke-emitting black puddle. No good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ethraax wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:
Hmm, how heavy would 850 gumballs be, anyways? Something tells me not that heavy, but I have a hard time imagining out-of-the-ordinary things...
Shipping wight: 12 pounds. Not quite Juggleable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ramses IV wrote:
cwoodin wrote:

That has elaborated so much on my previous idea....I love it.

I just need to get up enough courage to do so....awesome idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: paint faces on them:
For that much work, I'd rather sell them at $0.25 a pop. Nice idea though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE GUMBALLS
Megatriorchis wrote:Give gumballs to every person who posts in this thread.
Ding Ding Ding!
We have a definite winner.
Just send me a self-addressed envelope with enough postage. You have to order a "Package" shipped from Albuquerque, NM, 87106 to wherever you are (the balls are 1" thick). For most of the US, this looks to be $1.17 in postage. I'll give you as many as reasonably fits in the envelope.
PM me to get the exact address.

Sarr

Postby Sarr » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:45 pm UTC

Turtle_ wrote:

Err, Gumballs I'm not so sure about. Jawbreakers can go kablooie.

Bah. Ninja'd.
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

mrbaggins

Postby mrbaggins » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 pm UTC

ethraax wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:
Shipping wight: 12 pounds. Not quite Juggleable.

I can juggle 2 12lb bowling balls, and 3 6lb ones.

How big is the box though?
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?

Senefen

Postby Senefen » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:10 pm UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:What's a texta?

Marker, felt tip pen? I didn't realise that was an Australian term :P
wiki says
In Australia, the term "marker" usually refers only to large-tip markers, and the term "felt-tip pen" usually refers only to fine-tip markers. Markers in Australia are sometimes called "texta". "Texta" is a brand name which has become generic.

Huh, I learnt something new today

A nice eggs example (Don't do the pun! it's not worth it!)

And here's an expression chart you can use
ImageImageImageImageImage

McCaber

Re: I Have 850 Gumballs (FREE GUMBALLS, P. 2!!)

Postby McCaber » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:41 am UTC

Free gumballs, eh? Sounds awesome.

But I really did enjoy the "giving candy to kids" idea. I might have to do that myself.
Spoiler:
hyperion wrote:
Hawknc wrote:Crap, that image is going to get a lot of use around here.

That's what SHE said!

She blinded me with Science!

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:10 am UTC

I Have 850 Gumballs
You have 141 1/3 scones, too.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

fyrenwater

Postby fyrenwater » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 am UTC

Mr.RobLikesBrunch wrote:You could swim in gum!

Holy crap, I've got it.

Make a gumball pit! I mean, it can't get wet and it'll attract ants... and smaller gumballs will end up in your pockets and under your clothes... but it'll be awesome!
...It made more sense in my head.

Geminex

Postby Geminex » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:29 am UTC

Before today's comic I'd have said make a sculpture out of them and sell them on ebay. Now I'd say, build an air-pressure gun for them with a feeding hose linked to a backpack containing the gumballs and run around school, shooting people. They can hardly expell you for giving them candy. ^^

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:40 am UTC

Geminex wrote:Before today's comic I'd have said make a sculpture out of them and sell them on ebay. Now I'd say, build an air-pressure gun for them with a feeding hose linked to a backpack containing the gumballs and run around school, shooting people. They can hardly expell you for giving them candy. ^^
*hits you over the head with a gold bar*

...But I'm giving him money! He had to have gotten at least 32c of gold flakes in his wounds!
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:59 am UTC

It amuses me greatly that the rock-it launcher in fallout 3 can remove peoples heads with bundles of bank notes.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

Jos

Postby Jos » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:07 am UTC

Dress the gum packaes up in pretty colthing, have a tea party with the gum and other similair SO's. In public. And if someone ever should ask what you are doing, just rickroll them!
philsov wrote:Internets is a gift to Jos.

littlebuddy wrote:hmm... I wonder if I should call rule 34 on that hammer moderator, she probably has nice legs.

Delass

Postby Delass » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:54 am UTC

Has anyone actually bought anything from the 8500 gumball website? Im thinking of doing it, but itd feel a lot better if I knew for sure I wasnt getting scammed.

Zak

Postby Zak » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:00 am UTC

Yeah, same here. I told some friends about it, and now they're totally up for running a gumball ring in our school.

If we sell each gumball for a quarter we can make around $2000...
*waggles eyebrows*

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:50 am UTC

$2000? You mean $200? Learn to math!
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

Zak

Postby Zak » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:54 am UTC

8500*.25=2125
Subtract cost and shipping and you get: 2125-(49.99+15)=2060.01

FOO!
*waggles eyebrows*

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:56 am UTC

bhwperp um ehrm he........ he only um, only has.....850........not...8500. :( (sry 2 brst ur bubl)

Zak

Postby Zak » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:00 am UTC

Yes, but you can BUY 8500 gumballs for ~$50 on the site!
*waggles eyebrows*

DaMullet

Postby DaMullet » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:56 pm UTC

I'd either halve your prices or double your serving size; the 8500 box is < .5 inch diameter gumballs, the kind that toy stores sell in their tiny novelty gumball machines. In other news, my crate should be here tomorrow.

Also, good news: This thread is the top google result for "8500 gumballs" (with AND without quotes).
Will wrote:Andrew Jackson was all kinds of badass.

SecondTalon wrote:Out in the wasteland
Driving cars of rusted steel
oh, look. Burma Shave.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:HACKS ARE STING OUR SYLLES AND SING THEM TO TERRISTS!

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:08 am UTC

So far, only one dude is trying to claim his free gumballs. I'm disappointed.

fyrenwater

Postby fyrenwater » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:15 am UTC

Mr. Beck wrote:So far, only one dude is trying to claim his free gumballs. I'm disappointed.

But my teef hurt.

They really do. I'm not really a fan of gumballs, anyway. Maybe you should make weird contests and give handfuls of gumballs as prizes.
...It made more sense in my head.

crickets

Postby crickets » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:28 am UTC

I would be really tempted to try and string them together and then start whipping them at candy kids at the bar
then watch them dance
and get sticky...

THAT'LL TEACH YOU CANDY KIDS!!! STOP TRYING TO FOOL ME WITH YOUR PLASTIC BEADS!!!

Sorry.
Sidetracked.

How hard do you think it would be to drill holes in gumballs?

Seriously, with that many of them, you could probably manage to do a few of these ideas on smaller scales.

Or just go golfing.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

lorenith

Postby lorenith » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:30 am UTC

Yeah, I'm more of a jawbreaker person...even though I shouldn't eat those either. >.<

You should just leave them somewhere in your car (if you have one) or somewhere your friends can see them, and people will randomly take them whenever you're driving. I used to always save peppermints from the Sonic drive-through, and my friends would ask if they could have them.

There's no stopping people and their need for candy I guess.

Delass

Postby Delass » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:56 pm UTC

DaMullet wrote:I'd either halve your prices or double your serving size; the 8500 box is < .5 inch diameter gumballs, the kind that toy stores sell in their tiny novelty gumball machines. In other news, my crate should be here tomorrow.

Also, good news: This thread is the top google result for "8500 gumballs" (with AND without quotes).

Crate as in crate of 8500 gumballs? If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take, and did it arrive Ok?

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

I've always been interested in how many of those can one person fit in their anal passage, but who's asking me?

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:50 pm UTC

I'd ask for free gumballs, but I don't chew gum.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

videogamesizzle

Postby videogamesizzle » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:54 pm UTC

gumballs?

sounds tempting...
Look at me still talking when there's SCIENCE to do!
Silvyr wrote:I fucking love cocaine. I wish I could buy it somewhere...

Return to “General”