Things you can do

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
rachel
Witch (?)
Posts: 2478
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:26 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby rachel » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:25 pm UTC

fjafjan wrote:also, what is this "cookie dough" people talk about? people seriously ONLY buy cookies, or cookie dough? and ONE kind of cookie dough? Its like ...
*faint*


Cookie dough is all sorts of delicious. I put chocolate chips and marshmallows in my cookies, but the marshmallows did something weird and got kind of gooey but stuck together inside the cookies. Still wonderful, though.

Things I Am Doing Or Need To Do:

-go to work (I'm going to be late, seriously)
-stop and buy some breakfast food so that I don't die from malnutrition from eating only cookies
-make a doctor's appointment
-don't throw up at work
-get some coffee!

User avatar
Frankeinstein
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:39 pm UTC

Postby Frankeinstein » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:32 pm UTC

-eat warm garlicbread

User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.
Contact:

Postby fjafjan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:01 pm UTC

rachel wrote:
fjafjan wrote:also, what is this "cookie dough" people talk about? people seriously ONLY buy cookies, or cookie dough? and ONE kind of cookie dough? Its like ...
*faint*


Cookie dough is all sorts of delicious. I put chocolate chips and marshmallows in my cookies, but the marshmallows did something weird and got kind of gooey but stuck together inside the cookies. Still wonderful, though. !


But ... there are like twenty different kinds of cookie doughs for different kinds of cookies .. the concept of cookie dough as some universal substance is alien to me...
Would be like "I realised you could pick FRUIT from a tree"
oh well, home made cookies ftw :)
if i may ask what recipie is this 'cookie recipie'?
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

Valandil
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:20 am UTC

Postby Valandil » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:09 pm UTC

Verysillyman wrote:Valandil: (I wont quote cos that'll only make it worse, but you know what i'm talking about)


Yes, yes I do know.


...


DAMMIT!

-Kill VSM

User avatar
ryan
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:13 pm UTC

Postby ryan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 am UTC

Verysillyman wrote:jazzload


lol, never heard that word. I'm going to have to make sure to use it.

Valandil
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:20 am UTC

Postby Valandil » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:27 am UTC

- Get organised.
- Buy more Tea. Tea is good.
- Un-tidy my desk.

User avatar
FrizB
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:24 am UTC
Contact:

Postby FrizB » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:38 am UTC

You can:

-Shoot things with a harpoon gun.
-Monday
-Not think about penguins (which is harder than it sounds).
-Make beef stew.
-Talk about Nazis behind their backs.
-Claim yourself as a prophet.
-Do homework
-Just kidding.
-Drink a protein shake.
-Research lysosomes.
-Make up new emoticons.
-Try to make yourself throw up by thinking about gross things.
-42
-Keep opening and closing your closet on the off chance that you will open up another dimension, or just go to Monsters Inc.
-Punch yourself in the head.
-Kick yourself in the head.
-Make a grenade.
-Call an old obscure friend you can barely remember but you always see in your contacts list because you never erased him.
-Try to philosiphise and make up a new religion, and enforce it by killing ones who don't convert just like the Catholics.
-Think about a recent arguement you had and think of all the things you could've said and rebuttals to the things that they would rebute to you.
-Twitch without making yourself.
-Record the exact time it takes for a pillow to get warm until the point where you flip it over.
-Make a long list.
-Invent a new style of graffiti.
-Try to remove a hair from a bar of soap without getting scum in your fingernails, and without using the jet of shower water to wash it off.

The funny thing is, I could've done all of these things in the time i was typing this because I'm bored as well.
"One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

User avatar
Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:25 am UTC
Location: Drinks Cabinet.
Contact:

Postby Verysillyman » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:04 pm UTC

I can monday? I'd rather not.

User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Posts: 4221
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby no-genius » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:22 am UTC

Teaspoon wrote:http://www.fat-pie.com/love.htm

It really touches the heart. And some other organs.


Thats horrible! But also very funny. If it had been saladfingers, I would have almost expected it.
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

Air Gear
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm UTC

Postby Air Gear » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:56 am UTC

no-genius wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:http://www.fat-pie.com/love.htm

It really touches the heart. And some other organs.


Thats horrible! But also very funny. If it had been saladfingers, I would have almost expected it.


Welp, thanks to you, I realized that I'd never seen Salad Fingers before...of course, that has changed now. The first few especially are the most disturbing things I've ever seen...the weird thing is, it feels like REAL art.

User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.
Contact:

Postby fjafjan » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:11 am UTC

no-genius wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:http://www.fat-pie.com/love.htm

It really touches the heart. And some other organs.


Thats horrible! But also very funny. If it had been saladfingers, I would have almost expected it.


Is it not the same guy?
Atleast sounds like it...

Awesome tho :D
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
Posts: 8237
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby Gelsamel » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:14 am UTC

Yes, David Firth makes Saladfingers, Burnt Face man and that love movie. He also made this sweet video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahpvSasR6d8

Air Gear
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm UTC

Postby Air Gear » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:24 am UTC

Ah, some things I can do...

-Go on this one Quakeworld server and do some pretty badass rocket/grenade jumping tricks
-Actually feel proud about being part of, and possibly a player in, the rebirth of Quakeworld
-Procrastinate a little more on my now-late paper as well as other work for over fall break

myoumyouou
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:52 am UTC
Location: perth. wa.
Contact:

Postby myoumyouou » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:22 am UTC

Air Gear wrote:Ah, some things I can do...

-Go on this one Quakeworld server and do some pretty badass rocket/grenade jumping tricks
-Actually feel proud about being part of, and possibly a player in, the rebirth of Quakeworld
-Procrastinate a little more on my now-late paper as well as other work for over fall break


NAAADDEEEJUMPS!!!!
yay. nadejumps. is there nothing sweeter?
could anyone handle anything sweeter than nadejumps?
everything you've ever thought about has been thought about before. think about it

Air Gear
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm UTC

Postby Air Gear » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:30 am UTC

myoumyouou wrote:
Air Gear wrote:Ah, some things I can do...

-Go on this one Quakeworld server and do some pretty badass rocket/grenade jumping tricks
-Actually feel proud about being part of, and possibly a player in, the rebirth of Quakeworld
-Procrastinate a little more on my now-late paper as well as other work for over fall break


NAAADDEEEJUMPS!!!!
yay. nadejumps. is there nothing sweeter?
could anyone handle anything sweeter than nadejumps?


Catch this one, though...TF-style grenades, as you might know, are almost as strong as a grenade PLUS rocket jump, and you can hold them so they blow up right on you for maximum jump...but this one:

Throw a grenade just as a timer off to the side...not necessary but I time grenades for jumps this way...
Throw one onto the ground.
Prime another and hold it.
Rocketjump off of the grenade on the ground.
Let the SECOND grenade explode in your hand.
Hit a really, really tiny target some absurd distance up :)

myoumyouou
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:52 am UTC
Location: perth. wa.
Contact:

Postby myoumyouou » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:21 am UTC

Air Gear wrote:
myoumyouou wrote:
Air Gear wrote:Ah, some things I can do...

-Go on this one Quakeworld server and do some pretty badass rocket/grenade jumping tricks
-Actually feel proud about being part of, and possibly a player in, the rebirth of Quakeworld
-Procrastinate a little more on my now-late paper as well as other work for over fall break


NAAADDEEEJUMPS!!!!
yay. nadejumps. is there nothing sweeter?
could anyone handle anything sweeter than nadejumps?


Catch this one, though...TF-style grenades, as you might know, are almost as strong as a grenade PLUS rocket jump, and you can hold them so they blow up right on you for maximum jump...but this one:

Throw a grenade just as a timer off to the side...not necessary but I time grenades for jumps this way...
Throw one onto the ground.
Prime another and hold it.
Rocketjump off of the grenade on the ground.
Let the SECOND grenade explode in your hand.
Hit a really, really tiny target some absurd distance up :)


man, we shud make an official game of this, with points for accuracy (wow, i'm really into points :D )
everything you've ever thought about has been thought about before. think about it

User avatar
rachel
Witch (?)
Posts: 2478
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:26 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby rachel » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:31 am UTC

-fall asleep

I am working on that one. It is not going well.

User avatar
Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:25 am UTC
Location: Drinks Cabinet.
Contact:

Postby Verysillyman » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:48 am UTC

- Find a website with some good downloadable props like Zombie Hunting Licenses and such. (Like this only for zombies and ghosts etc)

- Find out if i can get an actually ghost hunting license in New Zealand.

FlyingCow371
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:58 am UTC

Postby FlyingCow371 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:47 pm UTC

creating lists is a good thing... I can count it as working/productivity and thus justify a break from work without really doing anything.

- laundry
- clean
- maybe make pudding with milk before it goes bad
- try to catch up on 1.5 months worth of reading in a class
- naptime
- get to class
- lunch
- probably avoid homework by reading a non-required book

Air Gear
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm UTC

Postby Air Gear » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:24 pm UTC

myoumyouou wrote:
Air Gear wrote:
myoumyouou wrote:
Air Gear wrote:Ah, some things I can do...

-Go on this one Quakeworld server and do some pretty badass rocket/grenade jumping tricks
-Actually feel proud about being part of, and possibly a player in, the rebirth of Quakeworld
-Procrastinate a little more on my now-late paper as well as other work for over fall break


NAAADDEEEJUMPS!!!!
yay. nadejumps. is there nothing sweeter?
could anyone handle anything sweeter than nadejumps?


Catch this one, though...TF-style grenades, as you might know, are almost as strong as a grenade PLUS rocket jump, and you can hold them so they blow up right on you for maximum jump...but this one:

Throw a grenade just as a timer off to the side...not necessary but I time grenades for jumps this way...
Throw one onto the ground.
Prime another and hold it.
Rocketjump off of the grenade on the ground.
Let the SECOND grenade explode in your hand.
Hit a really, really tiny target some absurd distance up :)


man, we shud make an official game of this, with points for accuracy (wow, i'm really into points :D )


Actually, one thing I'm going to do soon enough is start putting together some RACE trick maps: designed for multiple people to do RJ and such tricking on at once...going for time, of course..."points for accuracy", in accuracy-related ones, would probably just mean you can actually move on. I'll tell ya when the maps get worked on since I have a bit to do otherwise at the moment like the otherdue paper :oops:

aran
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:53 pm UTC
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Contact:

Postby aran » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:08 pm UTC

I can
-Listen to good music for extended periods of time.
-Enjoy myself.
-Write good short stories.
-Correct people's grammer constantly.
-Be dehydrated too much.

Trav
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:01 am UTC

Postby Trav » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:09 am UTC

I need to:
-Learn to play my guitar, as oppose to spodding all day.
-Start going to sleep before 3am

User avatar
Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:25 am UTC
Location: Drinks Cabinet.
Contact:

Postby Verysillyman » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:17 am UTC

I think we need to start a guitar club; all of us intend to play but none of us practise.

User avatar
hermaj
Posts: 6139
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:37 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Postby hermaj » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:23 am UTC

Hahaha - Aran, I love that you correct people's grammAr. :D I'm a spelling and pronounciation person.

I can:
- Understand that reduction involves gaining an electron.
- Cook a mean bolognaise.
- Draw pictures of anti-carpet man and evil prawns.
- Yell. Loudly.
- Organise a bunch of people every month to go out to dinner.

I need to:
- Listen to people with Canadian accents more, to see if I can hear the "aboot" thing. I have not picked up on it yet!

- Oh! And also learn to play my guitar!
Last edited by hermaj on Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:24 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Trav
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:01 am UTC

Postby Trav » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:24 am UTC

It would probaby be more realistic to create a meta-guitar club.

User avatar
Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:25 am UTC
Location: Drinks Cabinet.
Contact:

Postby Verysillyman » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:54 am UTC

I even have a guitar sitting right next to me. But I'm not playing it.

Valandil
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:20 am UTC

Postby Valandil » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:51 am UTC

hermaj wrote:I can:
- Understand that reduction involves gaining an electron.


Oxidation
Is
Loss

Reduction
Is
Gain

;)

Air Gear
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm UTC

Postby Air Gear » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:44 am UTC

Valandil wrote:
hermaj wrote:I can:
- Understand that reduction involves gaining an electron.


Oxidation
Is
Loss

Reduction
Is
Gain

;)


Dude, that's awesome! Beats the hell out of

Loss of
Electron is
Oxidation

the lion says

Gain of
Electron is
Reduction

like we did in my chem class.

Valandil
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:20 am UTC

Postby Valandil » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:09 am UTC

I can:

- Teach people new mnemonics!
- And get frustrated with BestThing, because of the nigh-impossible choices.

myoumyouou
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:52 am UTC
Location: perth. wa.
Contact:

Postby myoumyouou » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:15 am UTC

Air Gear wrote:
myoumyouou wrote:
Air Gear wrote:
myoumyouou wrote:
Air Gear wrote:Ah, some things I can do...

-Go on this one Quakeworld server and do some pretty badass rocket/grenade jumping tricks
-Actually feel proud about being part of, and possibly a player in, the rebirth of Quakeworld
-Procrastinate a little more on my now-late paper as well as other work for over fall break


NAAADDEEEJUMPS!!!!
yay. nadejumps. is there nothing sweeter?
could anyone handle anything sweeter than nadejumps?


Catch this one, though...TF-style grenades, as you might know, are almost as strong as a grenade PLUS rocket jump, and you can hold them so tey blow up right on you for maximum jump...but this one:

Throw a grenade just as a timer off to the side...not necessary but I time grenades for jumps this way...
Throw one onto the ground.
Prime another and hold it.
Rocketjump off of the grenade on the ground.
Let the SECOND grenade explode in your hand.
Hit a really, really tiny target some absurd distance up :)


man, we shud make an official game of this, with points for accuracy (wow, i'm really into points :D )


Actually, one thing I'm going to do soon enough is start putting together some RACE trick maps: designed for multiple people to do RJ and such tricking on at once...going for time, of course..."points for accuracy", in accuracy-related ones, would probably just mean you can actually move on. I'll tell ya when the maps get worked on since I have a bit to do otherwise at the moment like the otherdue paper :oops:


i like this muchy!
it'd be like all those stupid super mario levels where u had to get the guy to throw you exactly in the right direction or else u'd have to start the level again, fuckin shines. except it'd b more fun
and more explody
everything you've ever thought about has been thought about before. think about it

User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
Posts: 8237
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:18 am UTC

Air Gear wrote:
Dude, that's awesome! Beats the hell out of

Loss of
Electron is
Oxidation

the lion says

Gain of
Electron is
Reduction

like we did in my chem class.


I did Oil Rig, that mnemonic you've got there is terribly complicated... almost more complicated then trying to get it the right way around in the first place.

User avatar
hermaj
Posts: 6139
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:37 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Postby hermaj » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:59 am UTC

Air Gear wrote:
Valandil wrote:
hermaj wrote:I can:
- Understand that reduction involves gaining an electron.


Oxidation
Is
Loss

Reduction
Is
Gain

;)


Dude, that's awesome! Beats the hell out of

Loss of
Electron is
Oxidation

the lion says

Gain of
Electron is
Reduction

like we did in my chem class.


We've got

Gain is
Reduction
Oxidisation is
Loss
= GROL!

GRRRRRROOOLLLLL! :twisted:

pitofdarkness
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:58 am UTC
Location: (NULL)
Contact:

Postby pitofdarkness » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:13 pm UTC

Hi, I'm new here!

What I plan to do is assign everything in my life a GUID (eg {88A14446-B6D0-4F42-9E17-57A4241F3067}), so I never have to remember any nouns at all.
Then I want to develop a mnemonic that is considerably harder to remember than the thing it is supposed to help you remember.
After that I guess I plan to follow a slow descent into madness, destroying everything good in my life and alienating everyone I have ever loved.

Count me in for the guitar club too.....I don't want to learn, I just want to rock.

User avatar
Ephphatha
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:03 am UTC
Location: Bathurst, NSW, Australia

Postby Ephphatha » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:00 pm UTC

Best. Plan. Ever.


BPE isn't that hard to remember is it. Try HGJEHJEEA
I'm not lazy, I'm just getting in early for Christmas is all...

User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY
Contact:

Postby TheTankengine » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:37 pm UTC

Peshmerga wrote:- Make eggs
...
- Be a gangster.


These things are more related than you may realize... :?
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

User avatar
strangequarks
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:00 pm UTC

Postby strangequarks » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:58 pm UTC

The worst thing about the LEO-GER thing is that Lions don't say 'ger'.
They say GRRRRRRRRRR! or RRRRRRR! or RAWRRRRR! or RAWRRRG! etc
Not Gerrrrr. No.


Things I know how to do:
-read?

Things I have done:
-eaten chocolate
-drank wine
-made tasty vegetable broth (all by myself with no recipe and only a hazy knowledge of how to cook - I rock)

Things I will do:
-Cease eating chocolate, as I have run out and have no idea when the shop closes, so am reluctant to walk to shop to buy more when shop may be closed.

User avatar
Narsil
Ask me about my junk!
Posts: 2995
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 pm UTC
Location: Columbus.

Postby Narsil » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:23 pm UTC

-Have a desire to write novel
-Pull up blank document
-Realize novel is crap
-Wallow in self pity
-Try again
-Fail
-Visit xkcd
-Oh Shit I'm Supposed To Be Working
-Oh Well

-Lather, Rinse, Repeat. It's a productive week.

myoumyouou
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:52 am UTC
Location: perth. wa.
Contact:

Postby myoumyouou » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:12 pm UTC

-study for final exams on monday
-realise that study isn't going to help
-realise that study isn't needed to attain good results
-smile
-read xkcd again
-type on forums
-smile a little more
-go to sleep
-see another movie tomorrow
everything you've ever thought about has been thought about before. think about it

User avatar
aldimond
Otter-duck
Posts: 2665
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:52 am UTC
Location: Uptown, Chicago
Contact:

Postby aldimond » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:03 pm UTC

pitofdarkness wrote:What I plan to do is assign everything in my life a GUID (eg {88A14446-B6D0-4F42-9E17-57A4241F3067}), so I never have to remember any nouns at all.
Then I want to develop a mnemonic that is considerably harder to remember than the thing it is supposed to help you remember.
After that I guess I plan to follow a slow descent into madness, destroying everything good in my life and alienating everyone I have ever loved.


I have finally found him! He who invented the Windows Vista bootloader! He who I must one day vanquish to the... pits... of dark... ness...

Well, it looks like my job is finished before I even started. Think I'm gonna kick off to the pub and then go fishin'!

User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Posts: 4221
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby no-genius » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:16 pm UTC

pitofdarkness wrote:Then I want to develop a mnemonic that is considerably harder to remember than the thing it is supposed to help you remember.


Mnemonics never entirely manage organising new information concisely

Things i will do today
    Get some bread from campus shop
    maybe get some biscuits from same shop
    eat food
    finish calculus assignment that was in for nearly 2 weeks ago
    start new electromagnetism problem sheet
    talk on msn for about an hour to some french girl?
    sleep
    static
    storm
    antennas to heaven
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests