Drug(s) of choice

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Derjaak
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:49 am UTC

Postby Derjaak » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:18 am UTC

1. Girls. C'mon, this one's a no-brainer.

2. Scaring people who describe themselves as "normal". I don't know why, but this is how I entertain myself when away from teh internets and my books. Personally, I don't know what's so damn offensive about being challenged to a dance-off by someone I don't know, but aw well. I suppose some people are just strange.

3. Ridiculously long and/or complex techno, and dancing to said techno. I don't know why, but techno entertains me more than any other kind music. The more hardcore it is, the better.

skiingman
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:00 am UTC
Location: New Mexico

Postby skiingman » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:19 am UTC

In order of importance to my basic well-being:

1. The intertubes. I was without both cell phone and internet by coincidence last week and it was awful. I was hanging out in all these odd places just because they had free wi-fi.
2. Young women. What is there to say? All I need is a smile from a cute girl once a day or so. A conversation with a clever young woman is icing on the cake. Sweet sex0rz with one of the same? Superlative.
3. Money. Awfully crass to say that, I know, but such is our culture. It is hard to be both happy and broke for more than a few weeks or months at a time.
4. Food and shelter come in a distant fourth.

In no particular order of importance to my mind's health:

-Delicious food of all sorts.
-Exercise, in a few forms I find most enjoyable. Its almost April and I skied half a foot of fresh snow today...my mind and body are sated.
-Good beer. Give me a crisp summer evening, a smart young woman, and a tall goblet of a good strong Belgian Ale, and I couldn't ask for anything more.
-Music. Day to day, music provides me with the motivation I need to do the routine things I abhor. Live music in intriguing bars and clubs rewards me for making it through another day, week, or month of the mundane.

User avatar
aldimond
Otter-duck
Posts: 2665
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:52 am UTC
Location: Uptown, Chicago
Contact:

Postby aldimond » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:46 am UTC

1. Gin
2. Vermouth
3. Olive
One of these days my desk is going to collapse in the middle and all its weight will come down on my knee and tear my new fake ACL. It could be tomorrow. This is my concern.

User avatar
Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:50 am UTC

Postby Twasbrillig » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:42 am UTC

stuck wrote:Only three? /sigh

1. Sex

2. Music (for the very same reasons)

3. Scrubs


Yeah, some music makes me cry too.

In the biz, we call that an OH SNAP.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

User avatar
damienthebloody
the most metal thing EVER
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:25 pm UTC
Location: under a rock

Postby damienthebloody » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:06 am UTC

1. Gin
2. Tonic
3. Lemon
German Sausage wrote:Is that an EMP in your pants, or are you just outraged by my sexist behaviour?
liza wrote:When life gives you a wife made of salt, make margaritas?
Dance like you're stamping on a human face forever.

User avatar
cmacis
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:22 pm UTC
Location: Leeds or Bradford, Thessex
Contact:

Postby cmacis » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:16 am UTC

I once thought I was a lemon and kept jumping in and out of a gin and tonic.
li te'o te'a vei pai pi'i ka'o ve'o su'i pa du li no
Mathematician is a function mapping tea onto theorems. Sadly this function is irreversible.
QED is Latin for small empty box.
Ceci n’est pas une [s]pipe[/s] signature.

User avatar
Puellus Peregrinus
Sazl. Eliuo Sazl.
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Tampere, Finland

Postby Puellus Peregrinus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:32 am UTC

Wow I just blew my mind :shock: Gin n' tonic has been invented at least twice on earth :o



12)literature
Romanes eunt domus!

User avatar
LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!
Posts: 5972
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:10 pm UTC
Location: :uoıʇɐɔol

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:41 am UTC

1)Internet
2)Reading - anything.
3)The Greater Good
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

User avatar
German Sausage
3 of 5
Posts: 2933
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:45 am UTC

Postby German Sausage » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:13 pm UTC

boo tau!
1)suits from the 70's
how can you say no to three pieces of stunning tweed?
2)meeting new people
im allowed to do it now. i would have introduced myself/been introduced to at least 50 people in the past 5 weeks. uni FTW
3)booze
beer, tequila, vodka, guava cruiser.
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

User avatar
Berge
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:49 am UTC
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Postby Berge » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:58 pm UTC

1.) Reading for pleasure.
2.) The West Wing
3.) Barenaked Ladies (The band, otherwise this would occupy a much higher spot on the list)
Image

User avatar
Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:50 am UTC

Postby Twasbrillig » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:08 pm UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:
stuck wrote:Only three? /sigh

1. Sex

2. Music (for the very same reasons)

3. Scrubs


Yeah, some music makes me cry too.

In the biz, we call that an OH SNAP.


Oh come on! I just totally torched him. TORCHED him.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

User avatar
reav3r
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:06 am UTC
Location: Waterloo, ON, Candada

Postby reav3r » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:59 pm UTC

1. The Internet
2. Anything Joss Whedon
3. Music
"I'm a blood-sucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" - Willow
"I am a leaf on the wind… watch how I soar." -Wash
"Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet." - Douglas Adams

User avatar
Edna
Raptors: 4, Humans: 0
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:37 pm UTC

Postby Edna » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:29 pm UTC

1. Diazepam
2.Morphine
3.Pethidine

what can I say, I was in a really nasty car accident and have had a lot of pain that needed numbing :(

bar that I would say

1.Coffee
2.Music
3.Books lovely lovely Books

User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
Posts: 30450
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC
Contact:

Postby Belial » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:31 pm UTC

I'm adding three more. Because I can.

4) Comics
5) Imitrex (migraine medication. I think I might've shot myself sometime in the 5th grade without it)
6) Caffeine
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.


They/them

User avatar
Tractor
Posts: 2467
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:17 pm UTC
Location: no

Postby Tractor » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:16 pm UTC

1) Girls/porn
2) Internet/WoW
3) Muzak
4) Alcohol

EDIT: I felt guilty, I left alcohol out. That, and my bar would kick my ass.
Last edited by Tractor on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
9 x 6 = 42

Note: Randall kicks ass.

User avatar
space_raptor
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:02 pm UTC
Location: Calgary
Contact:

Postby space_raptor » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:20 pm UTC

1. Girls
2. Kicking ass
3. Bubble gum




4. Crown Royal
5. Hockey
6. The internet
The drinking will continue until morale improves.

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Postby elminster » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:30 pm UTC

1) Computers - I feel the need to go on them, even when i dont plan on doing anything. Im like "man i really wanna go on the computer... erm ok... what do i do now" sometimes.

2) Caffeine - I drink far too much. Also includes the one time OD on caffeine (Its not fun, trust me).

3) Drugs - E being the current, makes for some what of an interesting time to say the very least. Although i got a big list of 'no no's attached to it as well, and a seemingly unnatural ability to not get addicted (except computers and caffeine, but tobacco has no addictive effect on me).
Image

User avatar
Rat
Rattus Trolleri
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:40 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby Rat » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:04 pm UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:
Twasbrillig wrote:
stuck wrote:Only three? /sigh

1. Sex

2. Music (for the very same reasons)

3. Scrubs


Yeah, some music makes me cry too.

In the biz, we call that an OH SNAP.


Oh come on! I just totally torched him. TORCHED him.


vn

User avatar
el sjaako
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:52 pm UTC
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Postby el sjaako » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:38 pm UTC

1) The Internet. Seriously. I need my Fark.com, comics, and easy reference
2) Drugs. Mostly pot, but I enjoy the occasional magic musroom or salvia divinorum as well. Are there seriously so few pot smokers on here? Or is it just not on the top 3? Maybe it's just that I live in Holland...
3) Oblivion.

One would think girls/sex would be on the list, but I've been without for so long, and I seem to be doing allright... The same can not be said when the internet goes down.

User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
Posts: 30450
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC
Contact:

Postby Belial » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:44 pm UTC

Just doesn't make my top 3. Or top 6.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.


They/them

User avatar
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist
Posts: 8635
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Basingstoke, England.
Contact:

Postby Jesse » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:46 pm UTC

Done pot thrice, and it never ceases to bore me. I just don't understand why it's so awesome for other people and not for me. All I seem to do is lose time where I've sat perfectly still for an hour or so and not realised it.

User avatar
Rat
Rattus Trolleri
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:40 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby Rat » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:48 pm UTC

i just didnt list mine because i figure theyre obvious

pot, computer, music

i would put caffeine but i figure i could last a long while on just those 3 and a few bottles of water...

*glances over at his tower of cans*

i would PREFER caffeinated beverages though.. they can be #4

User avatar
space_raptor
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:02 pm UTC
Location: Calgary
Contact:

Postby space_raptor » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:56 pm UTC

el sjaako wrote:1) The Internet. Seriously. I need my Fark.com, comics, and easy reference
2) Drugs. Mostly pot, but I enjoy the occasional magic musroom or salvia divinorum as well. Are there seriously so few pot smokers on here? Or is it just not on the top 3? Maybe it's just that I live in Holland...
3) Oblivion.

One would think girls/sex would be on the list, but I've been without for so long, and I seem to be doing allright... The same can not be said when the internet goes down.


:o :o :o
Maybe it has something to do with all the pot smoking?
The drinking will continue until morale improves.

User avatar
spacermase
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:12 am UTC
Location: Fauquier, VA
Contact:

Postby spacermase » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:59 pm UTC

1) Music, both performing it and listening to it.
2) Interacting with people. I consider my relations with the lady-folk to be part of this addiction.
3) the interblags, though mostly because I use it as a means to 2) above.
"You're all freaks, sir. But you always have been freaks. Life is a freak. That's it's hope and glory."
-Comment on humanity, The Stars My Destination, by Alfred Bester

User avatar
reav3r
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:06 am UTC
Location: Waterloo, ON, Candada

Postby reav3r » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:36 am UTC

4. Women
5. Sci-Fi (books, tv, whatever)
6. M. Night Shyamalan movies (I don't know why, but I always seem to enjoy his movies, although Lady in the Water was sub-par imo)
"I'm a blood-sucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" - Willow

"I am a leaf on the wind… watch how I soar." -Wash

"Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet." - Douglas Adams

User avatar
Rat
Rattus Trolleri
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:40 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby Rat » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:56 am UTC

space_raptor wrote:
el sjaako wrote:1) The Internet. Seriously. I need my Fark.com, comics, and easy reference
2) Drugs. Mostly pot, but I enjoy the occasional magic musroom or salvia divinorum as well. Are there seriously so few pot smokers on here? Or is it just not on the top 3? Maybe it's just that I live in Holland...
3) Oblivion.

One would think girls/sex would be on the list, but I've been without for so long, and I seem to be doing allright... The same can not be said when the internet goes down.


:o :o :o
Maybe it has something to do with all the pot smoking?


surely you jest... TONS of girls smoke pot... you shouldve seen this freaky(good) chick the other night... or am i just in the wrong(right) city?

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Postby elminster » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:43 am UTC

Jesster wrote:Done pot thrice, and it never ceases to bore me. I just don't understand why it's so awesome for other people and not for me. All I seem to do is lose time where I've sat perfectly still for an hour or so and not realised it.

I agree. I used to smoke pot, but when i started doing it more, i couldnt think up as interesting stuff while high... and i find lack of thought quite annoying, so i stopped. Its interesting to see your thought proccess while effected by drugs, allows a whole new perspective sometimes, but lack of thought sucks.
Ive known mass amounts of pot smokers (about 7:1 male to female ratio though), it seems that they either continue smoking it like bit a day with more tobacco to pot ratio (im yet to find someone who only smokes blunts or pure all the time) or stop.

Caffeine is technically a drug, entails similar things as illegal ones, although the concentration and final effect are less from regular products (Pure caffeine can be brought relatively easily). Hence there's still alot of argument over redbull style energy drink.
Image

User avatar
warriorness
Huge Fucking-Lazer
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:33 am UTC
Location: CMU, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Postby warriorness » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:48 am UTC

cmacis wrote:I once thought I was a lemon and kept jumping in and out of a gin and tonic.


Where did you find a gin and tonic?

Puellus Peregrinus wrote:Wow I just blew my mind :shock: Gin n' tonic has been invented at least twice on earth :o

And also at least once by every civilization ever!

My vices:
1) The Blagotubes
2) Good food

I don't think I have a third one. Possibly mathematics/physics? I once forwent the remainder of my calculus homework working out a Taylor series for the error function (just to see if I did it right; afterwards I checked against the right answer). My mind also frequently wanders to derivatives, integrals, forces (especially pertaining to fuel efficiency) while I'm driving. Does that count as a vice?
Iluvatar wrote:Love: Gimme the frickin' API.
yy2bggggs, on Fischer Random chess wrote:Hmmm.... I wonder how how a hypermodern approach would work

User avatar
cmacis
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:22 pm UTC
Location: Leeds or Bradford, Thessex
Contact:

Postby cmacis » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:27 am UTC

It could have been the roger stephens pond. That would explain the ducks.
li te'o te'a vei pai pi'i ka'o ve'o su'i pa du li no

Mathematician is a function mapping tea onto theorems. Sadly this function is irreversible.

QED is Latin for small empty box.

Ceci n’est pas une [s]pipe[/s] signature.

User avatar
cephalopod9
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:23 am UTC

Postby cephalopod9 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:01 am UTC

1. high fructose corn syrup
2. fossil fuel consuming transportation
3. procrastination

(I also binge read, am something of a tetris-holic [or just tetris-ic?], and go through withdrawl symptomes when I leave my someone for long periods of time. There's also buying notebooks, and sometimes counting, but those are pretty benign.)
Image

User avatar
Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:06 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby Toeofdoom » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:01 am UTC

1. Any sort of lollies. or chocolate. aslong as I will eat it anyway.

2. Music, preferably ben folds, nightwish, something corporate or JT bruce. or playing it myself.

3. exercise.

I don't need real drugs to be happy, for some reason. Just start grinning, running around in circles etc. can work soemtimes :P
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

User avatar
el sjaako
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:52 pm UTC
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Postby el sjaako » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:39 am UTC

elminster wrote:Ive known mass amounts of pot smokers (about 7:1 male to female ratio though), it seems that they either continue smoking it like bit a day with more tobacco to pot ratio (im yet to find someone who only smokes blunts or pure all the time) or stop.

You've just found one. I only smoke with tobacco if someone else rolls, and usually they don't.
I agree about the sitting still doing nothing thing, when I'm high I try to actively keep myself doing stuff, insead of just dreaming away.
I prefer the mushrooms. I honestly think that everybody should try them at least once, but only in a very positive situation. It's amazing what you learn about yourself. The're just not something I like to do every day (or every month, for that matter.)
It's funny, the anti-(legal drug) (brackets added for clafication of grouping) education seems to have worked better for me then the anti-(illegal drug) education. I (relative to my friends) hardly drink booze or coffee, and I have never smoked even a single cigarrette.

Rat wrote:surely you jest... TONS of girls smoke pot... you shouldve seen this freaky(good) chick the other night... or am i just in the wrong(right) city?

Yeah, I meet plenty of girls, I'm just not very good at wooing them (I get nervous...)

User avatar
the tree
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: Behind you

Postby the tree » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:41 am UTC

  1. Drinkable stimulants, possibly accompanied with smokeable relaxants.
  2. Terry Pratchett books.
  3. People who don't mind me sleeping on them.

I always find a girl I'm capable of wooing, I just can't be bothered or know I'll regret it later.

User avatar
German Sausage
3 of 5
Posts: 2933
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:45 am UTC

Postby German Sausage » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:57 am UTC

Toeofdoom wrote:I don't need real drugs to be happy, for some reason. Just start grinning, running around in circles etc. can work soemtimes :P

true. pot makes me headachey for ages. spinning around until i fell over stopped me dying from year 12 exams.
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Postby elminster » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:46 am UTC

el sjaako wrote:You've just found one. I only smoke with tobacco if someone else rolls, and usually they don't.
I agree about the sitting still doing nothing thing, when I'm high I try to actively keep myself doing stuff, insead of just dreaming away.
I prefer the mushrooms. I honestly think that everybody should try them at least once, but only in a very positive situation. It's amazing what you learn about yourself. The're just not something I like to do every day (or every month, for that matter.)

Yeah, i agree. People shouldnt slate the relatively less harmful drug users so much. Some of the peoples opinions on drug users are terribly incorrect.
For example, most times, with the people i know at university, we sit around, talking about philosophy, politic, history, religion and not only use drugs for the feeling, but also the mind expanding effect, which allows us to either better understand topics or enjoy them more. I cant say were bad people for doing so, if anything we better ourselves with the thirst for knowledge and experiences.

I know that my relatively few experience on E have definately allowed me to comprehend alot of things that i couldnt have otherwise, and had a good time while doing so.
If i could take the experience back, well possibly on pot at times, it should be done for experience... not life style. Turning drugs into a life style is the point of down fall in my opinion.

Toeofdoom wrote:I don't need real drugs to be happy, for some reason. Just start grinning, running around in circles etc. can work soemtimes Razz

I never viewed my experience as a "need", its more of an enhancer... Of course i could do everything i do for fun and still find it fun, but when you have the added extras, its generally good.
Although you could say in comparison that the downsides arent worth it for some people. I agree on that, although for the majority of people, id say that drugs as an experience (May be one off, maybe every so oftern, but pertains as a novelty sort of value, not to be over indulged) is good.
For a very small percent, drugs as a life style (The point when it becomes everyday sorta thing) is good, for example i recently read an experience on how one person dealt with manic depression by using drugs to have a good time while socialising, which he couldn't have done before.
Image

User avatar
space_raptor
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:02 pm UTC
Location: Calgary
Contact:

Postby space_raptor » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:15 pm UTC

Rat wrote:
space_raptor wrote:
el sjaako wrote:1) The Internet. Seriously. I need my Fark.com, comics, and easy reference
2) Drugs. Mostly pot, but I enjoy the occasional magic musroom or salvia divinorum as well. Are there seriously so few pot smokers on here? Or is it just not on the top 3? Maybe it's just that I live in Holland...
3) Oblivion.

One would think girls/sex would be on the list, but I've been without for so long, and I seem to be doing allright... The same can not be said when the internet goes down.


:o :o :o
Maybe it has something to do with all the pot smoking?


surely you jest... TONS of girls smoke pot... you shouldve seen this freaky(good) chick the other night... or am i just in the wrong(right) city?


That's not what I meant. I know female potheads. I just meant that if you smoke pot every day, maybe your motivation to meet girls might not be that high. A joke, of sorts. :?
The drinking will continue until morale improves.

User avatar
the tree
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: Behind you

Postby the tree » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:38 pm UTC

space_raptor wrote:That's not what I meant. I know female potheads. I just meant that if you smoke pot every day, maybe your motivation to meet girls might not be that high.
An interesting point, it can be somewhat motivation destroying which is why I never think that pot is a good idea as the primary thing that you're doing. Smoking pot while you're hanging around/playing cards/chatting up girls, that's all o.k., but the moment it becomes more important than the other things you're doing, you start to forget to do anything else, not healthy at all, especially from the point of view of getting any action.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:40 pm UTC

lanicita wrote:
rachel wrote:
Alisto wrote:The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time


Good book, although it ends up being kind of sad. Have you read The Perks of Being a Wallflower? It is also wonderful, but ends up being quite sad as well.


I wasn't a huge fan of either of those... although I've been meaning to give Perks another chance because I read it when I was an angry HS junior and hated anything popular.


it is very good. the end kinda throws you for a loop though O_o

User avatar
rachel
Witch (?)
Posts: 2478
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:26 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby rachel » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:59 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:
lanicita wrote:
rachel wrote:
Alisto wrote:The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time


Good book, although it ends up being kind of sad. Have you read The Perks of Being a Wallflower? It is also wonderful, but ends up being quite sad as well.


I wasn't a huge fan of either of those... although I've been meaning to give Perks another chance because I read it when I was an angry HS junior and hated anything popular.


it is very good. the end kinda throws you for a loop though O_o


I nearly cried the first time I read it. But it is so good, so please give it another chance, lanicita.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I played "porn" against my sister last night.
Meaux_Pas wrote:So in otherwords, it's like the best cake ever, covered in bees.


j&r-bffl

User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.
Contact:

Postby fjafjan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:09 pm UTC

Adding my non illegal(in most nations :P) favourite drugs

1 Chocolate [cake]
2 Orange juice
3 Fantasy
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests