Find You

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Shoofle

Find You

Postby Shoofle » Fri May 19, 2006 11:10 am UTC

What is he rapelling down? How do you spell rappelling? Wait, he's not rapelling, is he? He's just climbing. Which way is he climbing?

Frankeinstein

Postby Frankeinstein » Fri May 19, 2006 2:54 pm UTC

Down, it would be against every single rule of comical storytelling if he was going up since the text advances downwards. Every single non-existing rule!

I like the serial-killer mentality.

Though now that I looked at it again it looks like he's climbing up. Maybe to get out of the cave to find ... me.

Shoofle

Postby Shoofle » Fri May 19, 2006 8:42 pm UTC

Point of order: His rope is attached to the rock (suspended in midair) on a point which would be mildly difficult to get anywhere from (well, without some awesome jumping). This might imply that he just fired the rope upward somehow, from somewhere he couldn't see the top from. Otherwise he might have put in the rope from one of the ledges nearby and swung. I like the idea of him climbing up, though. Also: He's not actually rappelling, is he? That might only apply when it's up against a wall.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Sun May 21, 2006 8:33 am UTC

Being as he's presumably looking for someone dead, I would presume he's climbing downward into the underworld, or hell, or what have you.

Shoofle

Postby Shoofle » Sun May 21, 2006 1:47 pm UTC

Hmm, I honestly hadn't thought that she was dead. I figured that she was taken away in some other manner - something involving evil overlords or evil magical creatures or something? Interesting... I figured the "torn from my arms" was generally literal.

James

Postby James » Sun May 21, 2006 7:02 pm UTC

I figured it was just more of his angsty emo-kid stuff of lost love, etc. (With all due respect to the angsty emo-kid himself, of course.)

Also, he's climbing down. If he was heading up, he would be looking upwards, and his head would be angled as such. It's not. I actually initially thought he was going up myself, though.

Lastly: does this seem like it could plausibly be an Elastomania level to anyone else?

Edit: It also kinda looked like the Jesus Optical Illusion at first glance.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Shoofle

Postby Shoofle » Sun May 21, 2006 8:04 pm UTC

I don't think he's an emo kid - emo kids don't typically climb through caves searching for their lost love. Also, he might just be climbing mechanically and not really thinking about it (too absorbed in his internal monologue at the moment, perhaps) and in fact staring at the rope. Also, his head is an oval. Couldn't it be that the aspect ratio of the whole image is, in fact, slightly off, and his head just looks like that all the time? I mean, he's a stick figure. Remember that he does not appear to be looking down, either.
I'm just playing a bit of devil's advocate, in any case.

*consults*
He is climbing down the rope! So sayeth the authority on these matters.
Also, on the subject of dead-ity:
The person he/she is talking about may be dead, but the attitude of the climber is clearly that it doesn't matter. He might not know, though.

Return to “General”