Do you guys seriously enjoy reading my rants?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Well, do you?

Yes.
15%
Yes. Also, why didn't you set this poll up originally?
10%
No.
5%
No, and I find your existence personally offensive.
25%
I prefer reading the rants of specific aquatic mammals or fowl.
45%

Total votes: 20

Indon

Do you guys seriously enjoy reading my rants?

Postby Indon » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:22 am UTC

I ask because I've been musing about starting up one of these new-fangled "Weblog" things*.

In it, I would be able to neatly categorize my thoughts, flesh them out, and archive them. I already do that a bit with notepad on my own computer, but I figured I could let the Internet have a crack at them.

It would probably concern a lot of the stuff I get interested in on the forums - economics, certain scientific topics, learning and AI, maybe a bit of philosophy, and would probably be of similar quality to my forum posts here (probably less kidding around, though).

So... do people enjoy reading what I write? I've gotten a whisper or two on specific posts that would imply it, but I want a more comprehensive sample.

If a moderator feels this might be better placed in the General forum, then so be it.

*-That is to say, a blog.

Edit: Now with poll!
Last edited by Indon on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
So, I like talking. So if you want to talk about something with me, feel free to send me a PM.

My blog, now rarely updated.

Mzyxptlk

Re: Do you guys seriously enjoy reading my rants?

Postby Mzyxptlk » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:20 am UTC

I can only find 3 threads started by you, none of which qualifies as a rant (and one of which is this thread). Could you link me to some of your posts?
"Once upon a time, an infinite number of people lived perfect, blissful, eternal lives."

keeperofdakeys

Postby keeperofdakeys » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:18 pm UTC

with these things it's best just to jump in
register with wordpress or livejournal and start writing, also visit other blogs, comment, and you should son have some visitors

Indon

Postby Indon » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:24 pm UTC

Mzyxptlk wrote:I can only find 3 threads started by you, none of which qualifies as a rant (and one of which is this thread). Could you link me to some of your posts?

Hmm,

Here's one, about the RIAA where I do a bit of tenative examination of spite as an economic phenomenon.

In which Indon talks about computers.

Evolutionary Psychology Thread. I post more than that, but those're the posts in the thread I'm most proud of.

There's a quick bit from a few threads that haven't sunken too deep.
So, I like talking. So if you want to talk about something with me, feel free to send me a PM.

My blog, now rarely updated.

Mzyxptlk

Postby Mzyxptlk » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:34 pm UTC

Then yes, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your rants.
"Once upon a time, an infinite number of people lived perfect, blissful, eternal lives."

Return to “General”